- Theme Parks and Games
- Outdoor Attractions
- Gardens and Parks
- Culture and Heritage
- Entertainment Options
Curious about the best places to visit in Dubai? From record-breaking tourist sites and world-renowned heritage landmarks to hidden gems tucked away in the city’s most picturesque corners, there’s something for everyone in Dubai! Whether you are a long-time resident or a curious traveller visiting our lovely city for the first time, here are some of the top things to do in Dubai.
ADVENTUROUS THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
Dubai is a vibrant city with countless thrilling adventures that will get your adrenaline pumping — with activities including zip-lining, skydiving, hot air balloon excursions and desert safaris. If you have been bit by the adventure bug, here are some of the exciting things to do in Dubai that would be just perfect for you.
1. GO SKY DIVING IN DUBAI
One of the best things to do for adrenaline junkies in the city is a visit to Skydive Dubai. Launched in 2010, this popular adventure hub is where an experience of a lifetime awaits. Beginners can try Tandem Skydiving with the help of a professional instructor as they soar through the skies and enjoy the gravity-defying experience!
The Desert Dropzone and Palm Dropzone are the two places where this activity usually takes place.
If you are feeling a little skittish about the skydiving experience, you can always opt for the gyrocopter flight instead, which is equally exciting.
- Cost: AED 1,599 onwards
- Location: Al Seyahi Street, Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Contact: +971-4-377-8888
2. TRY INDOOR SKYDIVING
If soaring through the open sky feels a little too extreme for you, why not try indoor skydiving in Dubai at iFly at City Centre Mirdif? The facility has two 10 metre-long recirculating, vertical acrylic glass wind tunnels that give you a thrilling indoor skydiving experience.
- Cost: AED 149 onwards
- Timings: Monday to Thursday 12:00 pm – 09:00 pm | Friday and Sunday 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Saturday 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Location: Level 1, City Centre Mirdif, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road
- Contact: +971-4-231-6292
3. DIVE INTO THE DEEPEST INDOOR POOL IN THE WORLD
Experience the ultimate underwater adventure at Deep Dive Dubai. Explore the wonders of the Sunken City, including an incredible gaming arcade, an abandoned underwater street and an apartment. The lower floors of Deep Dive Dubai have viewing areas if you would like to look at Sunken City as a spectator instead.
- Cost: From AED 1,000
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm | Closed on Monday and Tuesday
- Location: Nad Al Sheba 1
- Contact: +971-4-501-9444
4. NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED: SKY VIEWS DUBAI
Experience Dubai like never before with Sky Views by Emaar. A visit to the Sky Views Observatory will give you spellbinding 360-degree views of the stunning skyline, 220 metres above Downtown Dubai.
Conquer your fear of heights with the Sky Views Edge Walk at 53 storeys above the ground. Try the Sky Views slide, located between the 52 and 53rd floors, if you dare!
- Edge Walk General Admission: AED 704
- Glass Slide: AED 25 per slide
- Observatory General Admission ( per adult): AED 75
- Observatory General Admission (per Child age 4-12): AED 60
- Timings: Sunday to Saturday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Location: Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard
- Contact: +971-800-288-43867
5. TAKE IN 360-DEGREE SIGHTS OF THE PALM
The View at the Palm is one of the most popular places to visit in Dubai for breathtaking views of the stunning Palm Jumeirah. The View is located 240 metres above the ground, with a location that overlooks the Dubai skyline and the Arabian Gulf.
- Cost: From AED 100 per adult and AED 69 per child
- Timings: Monday to Thursday 09:00 am – 10:00 pm | Friday to Sunday 09:00 am – 12:00 am
- Location: Palm Jumeirah
- Contact: +971-800-843 8439
6. TRY ZIPLINING AT DUBAI MARINA
Another popular spot for adrenaline junkies in the city, XLine allows you to zipline across the picturesque Dubai Marina from a 170-metre high platform. The double zip line comes with a Superman-style harness that you can use to travel through the Dubai Marina skyline. No wonder it is among the popular activities at Dubai Marina Mall.
- Cost: AED 650 onwards for adults (age 17 and above) | AED 499 onwards for kids (age between 12 and 16 years)
- Location: Dubai Marina Mall
- Contact: +971-56-507-6366
Note: The XLine Dubai Marina is currently closed for renovations. Check the official website for updates.
7. FLYBOARDING FUN
The pristine beaches and calm waters along the coast of Dubai are perfect for water sports. Nevertheless, if you want to take your aquatic adventure up a notch, try flyboarding in Dubai. Sign up for the activity with companies like Nemo Watersports Dubai. Fly across the water using a jet propulsion system!
- Cost: AED 400 for 30 minutes onwards
- Timings: Daily 07:00 am – 07:00 pm
- Location: Umm Suqeim Fishing Harbour, Umm Suqeim 2, Jumeirah Road
- Contact: +971-50-471-7002 | +971-52-961-6163
8. ENJOY A UNIQUE DINNER IN THE SKY
If you are not one for zipping over the city but still want to feed your adventurous spirit, the relatively more demure Dinner in the Sky experience might be just what you are looking for — if you have the stomach for it.
The unique restaurant, located in SkyDive Dubai, suspends a dining table with guests 50 metres up in the air via crane. Dinner in the Sky in Dubai operates in different locations, with offers including both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
- Sunday to Thursday: AED 599 for lunch| AED 699 for dinner
- Friday to Saturday: AED 699 for lunch| AED 799 for dinner
- Timings: Lunch 02:00 pm – 03:30 pm | 06:30 pm – 11:00 pm
- Location: Al Sufoh, Sky Dive Dubai
- Contact: +971-58-819-3296 | +971-2-650-8808
9. DRIVE A SUPERCAR AT DUBAI AUTODROME
Take your dream supercar for a spin at the Dubai Autodrome, an attraction dedicated to petrol heads. The 5.39-kilometre track is recognised by Federation Internationale de l’Automobile. Get behind the wheel of a powerful F1 Jaguar 2000 or F1 Arrows 2002 powered by a whopping 550 BHP engine.
You can also be a part of the different racing events at the Dubai Autodrome. If you’d rather not handle the drive yourself, you can enjoy an adrenaline-pumping high-speed passenger ride in a Ferrari GT, McLaren, Porsche GT4 and other supercars.
- Cost: AED 595 onwards (price of the experience depends on the car type, ride type and other categories)
- Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Motor City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Contact: +971-58-643-0188 (WhatsApp)
10. DUBAI DESERT ADVENTURES: DISCOVER THE ROLLING SAND DUNES AND EXCITING SAFARIS
If you have not explored the many adventurous things to do in Dubai deserts, you are truly missing out! Experience what Dubai was like before it transformed into a modern metropolis by visiting the rolling sand dunes of the Dubai desert.
Embark on a desert safari tour, enjoy belly dance performances, camel rides and thrilling dune drives. You can discover our picks for desert safari tour operators in Dubai and have an entire day of fun in the sand. Other activities in the Dubai desert include quad biking, sand boarding and even hot-air balloon rides!
11. VISIT BOUNCE-X: FREESTYLE TERRAIN PARK IN DUBAI
If you are looking for thrilling indoor adventures, head to Dubai Festival City Mall and visit BOUNCE-X, the world’s first freestyle terrain park in Dubai.
This indoor adventure zone is a project of Bounce. It features a challenging obstacle course, slides, halfpipe trampoline, parkour arena, freerun area, freestyle sports arena and other attractions. You can also visit the older edition of this trampoline experience, BOUNCE Dubai, one of the best trampoline parks in Dubai.
- Cost: AED 85 onwards per person for one hour
- Monday to Friday: 01:00 pm – 09:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 09:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Location: First Floor, Dubai Festival City Mall
- Contact: +971-4-321-1400
GO TO THEME PARKS OR PLAY GAMES
These are some popular theme parks and popular spots to play games in the emirate.
12. IMG WORLD OF ADVENTURE – AN INDOOR ADVENTURE HUB
One of the famous theme parks in Dubai, IMG Worlds of Adventure boasts four epic zones with spectacular themed attractions. Explore the popular adventure-themed park with rides inspired by your favourite superheroes, cartoon characters and more.
The Lost Valley Zone brings the prehistoric era to life with adrenaline-pumping dinosaur-themed rides, while the IMG Boulevard packs some spooky adventures in the Haunted Hostel.
Visitors can also catch the latest movies at the NOVO Cinemas’ 12-screen Cineplex. If you’re looking for a full day of fun things to do in Dubai, IMG Worlds of Adventure is a great spot to visit with the family.
- Cost: AED 335 per person (Adults) | IMG Kids Zone One hour AED 50 | Full day AED 100
- Timings Monday to Thursday: 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Friday to Sunday 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Location: The City of Arabia, E311, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road
- Contact: +971-4-403-8888
13. DUBAI PARKS AND RESORTS – FOUR THEME PARKS IN ONE EXCITING LOCATION
After going through the thrill of building your own castles with legos at Legoland, you can head to the Legoland Waterpark to cool off with some family-friendly water slides. Another exciting theme park worth a visit is Bollywood Park with various rides, dazzling shows and Indian restaurants — making it the perfect destination for Bollywood fans.
Daring visitors can head to Motiongate, where high-octane thrills from rides inspired by Lionsgate and DreamWorks Animation await visitors.
- Cost: Tickets: AED 295 per person onwards (access to one park) | AED 355 per person (access to two parks)
- Timings: Each park has separate opening hours
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Road Opposite Palm Jebel Ali
- Contact: +971-4-820-0000
14. VISIT DUBAI’S OLDEST WATERPARK
If you’re looking for things to do in Dubai during summer, a visit to the Wild Wadi Waterpark is an option. There are water rides and slides for all age groups, making it one of the best places to visit with family in Dubai.
- AED 159 per person UAE Residents – Adults
- AED 79 per person UAE Residents – Kids
- AED 299 (Online AED 259) per person General Admission – Adults
- AED 249 (Online 199) General Admission – Kids
- Timings: Park will reopen on 4th February 2022
- Location: Jumeirah Street, Opp. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah 2
- Contact: +971-4-348-4444
15. SKI DUBAI – A WINTER RESORT IN THE DESERT
Beat the heat with a trip to Ski Dubai, one of the most popular Dubai attractions. This one-of-a-kind indoor ski and snow park is among the best places to visit in Dubai with kids.
From indoor skiing to snow parks and penguin meetups, Ski Dubai offers a memorable experience for families. There are various packages available for visitors to choose from, allowing you to customise your experience as you like.
- Cost: Tickets: Depends on the activities chosen. Can range between AED 175 to AED 320 per person
- Timings: Monday to Friday 10:00 am – 12:00 am | Saturday and Sunday 09:00 am – 12:00 am
- Location: Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha
- Contact: 800-386
16. PLAY MINI GOLF IN DUBAI AT TOP GOLF
Top Golf is one of the most popular spots to play mini-golf in Dubai. Located at the Emirates Golf Club, The Bunker at Topgolf Dubai offers a range of mini-golf holes, with obstacles including huge loops, spinning cricket bats and massive foosball players. No experience is required as you take on the fun and games at Topgolf.
The popular Dallas-based franchise opened a branch in Dubai in partnership with Dubai Golf and has proved to be immensely popular with families.
- Price: AED 130 per bay per hour onwards
- Timings: Sunday to Thursday 10:00 am – 01:00 am | Friday and Saturday 09:00 am – 10:00 am – 02:00 am
- Location: Emirates Golf Club, Emirates Hills
- Contact: +971-4-371-9999
17. PLAY AN ARRAY OF SPORTS AT ZABEEL SPORTS DISTRICT
Zabeel Sports District at the Dubai Mall Zabeel is where visitors can play an array of sports in a massive facility. It has a badminton court, pickleball, cricket pitch, padel tennis, basketball and volleyball.
- Price: AED 120 per hour onwards (prices vary depending on the sport selected)
- Timings: 08:00 am – 12:00 am
- Location: The Dubai Mall Zabeel, The rooftop on the 9th floor, Financial Centre Road, Za’abeel, Za’abeel 2
- Contact: +971-4-448-5131
18. VISIT THE GLOBAL VILLAGE – A FAMILY-FRIENDLY MULTICULTURAL AMUSEMENT PARK
Global Village is regarded as one of the best places to visit in Dubai for any visitor or resident and it’s easy to see why. With shopping pavilions featuring specialities and traditional items from more than 75 different countries, Global Village comes alive in the evenings. It is truly one of the top attractions in Dubai.
- Cost: AED 15 per person (Free entry for children under 3 years and senior citizens above the age of 65)
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday 04:00 pm – 12:00 am | Thursday to Saturday 04:00 pm – 01:00 am | Tuesdays are reserved exclusively for ladies and families, except on official public holidays
- Location: Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road
- Contact: +971-4-362-4114
GRAB THE BEST DEALS AT THE MALLS AND SOUKS IN DUBAI
Dubai is truly a shopper’s paradise. With mega malls and traditional souks, there is something to suit all budgets. Here are some of the top shopping hotspots in Dubai for shopaholics.
19. SHOPPING AND MORE AT THE DUBAI MALL
After having your breath taken away by the Burj Khalifa, hop over next door to The Dubai Mall, another one of the iconic places to visit in Dubai. Spread across an area the size of 50 football fields, The Dubai Mall offers unforgettable experiences for the whole family. Visitors can shop from over 1,300 retail outlets and dine at any of the 200 F&B outlets at Dubai Mall.
Dubai Mall also offers more than just shopping and dining experiences. You can gaze at aquatic creatures at the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, while the kids have a blast at KidZania, a children’s edutainment park. Watch the latest blockbusters at Reel Cinemas megaplex and skate across an Olympic-sized ice rink at one of the best attractions in Dubai.
- Location: Financial Centre Street, Next to Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00 am – 12:00 am | Thursday to Saturday: 10:00 am – 01:00 am
- Contact: 800-DUBAI MALL (+971-800-38224-6255)
20. DISCOVER WHAT THE MALL OF THE EMIRATES IS ALL ABOUT!
The Mall of the Emirates is another gargantuan mall with tons of shopping options, entertainment and activities. Counted amongst the best malls in Dubai, the mall is every shopaholics’ paradise.
Shops in the Mall of the Emirates range from luxury brands and lifestyle outlets to popular street fashion stores and home furnishing shops. Apart from shopping, there are several fun things to do in the Mall of the Emirates for everyone. This massive mall is home to the ever-popular Ski Dubai, VOX Cinemas and Magic Planet.
- Timings: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha 1 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Contact: +971-4-409-9100 | 800 MOE MALL (663-6255)
21. EXPLORE THE DUBAI GOLD SOUK
Did you know that Dubai is also known as the City of Gold? Visiting the Dubai Gold Souk in Deira, one of the city’s oldest districts, is one of the best things to do in Dubai.
You’ll find exquisite jewellery and gemstones with influences from across the globe at Dubai Gold Souk. In fact, it is one of the places why Dubai is the best place to buy gold. Best of all, haggling is expected at Dubai Gold Souk, so you can be sure to get a good bargain.
You can also discover various other souks in Dubai that are worth a visit near the Gold Souk, selling everything from spices to perfumes and clothes.
- Location: 54 Al Khor Street, Deira
22. AFFORDABLE SHOPPING AT DRAGON MART DUBAI
Dubai has a number of cheap shopping options and Dragon Mart is one of the most visited ones. Sometimes called “Dragon Mall in Dubai”, the shopping destination is one of the biggest markets for Chinese products.
You can get an eclectic range of home improvement products, electronics, home appliances, digital gadgets, lighting equipment, home décor, toys and much more at Dragon Mart Dubai. There are plenty of dining options at Dragon Mall too.
- Timings: Saturday to Wednesday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm | Thursday to Saturday 10:00 am – 12:00 am
- Location: International City Al Awir Road Dragon Mart 1
- Contact: +971-4-390-9999
23. SOUK MADINAT JUMEIRAH
Skip the hassle of haggling and experience a colourful traditional marketplace at Souk Madinat Jumeirah. From Persian carpets to Turkish pottery and Arabic perfumes — Souk Madinat Jumeirah has a selection of exotic products that perfectly captures the bustling energy of a typical Emirati souk.
- Timings: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Location: King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud St – Al Sufouh 1 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Contact: +971-4-366-8888
OUTDOOR ATTRACTIONS AND MAJOR LANDMARKS TO VISIT IN DUBAI
The iconic landmarks and outdoor attractions in the city should also definitely be included in your list of things to do in Dubai.
24. DISCOVER THE DUBAI CANAL
During the winter months, a visit to this outdoor attraction in Dubai is a must! The man-made Dubai Canal runs through the arterial highway of Sheikh Zayed Road, near the Business Bay area.
Visitors can stroll the three-kilometre walkway and footbridges to enjoy the sweeping views of Dubai’s skyline, one of the top free things to do in Dubai. Best of all, this Dubai attraction features an automated, mechanical waterfall that changes colours throughout the night.
- Location: New Creek, near Safa Park
25. EXPLORE CHIC LA MER
The trendy beachfront venue of La Mer Dubai is a favourite among tourists and residents alike. Visitors can dine at the chic, venues, take a stroll at the beach, catch a movie at the cinema or have a splash at Laguna Waterpark.
- Timings: Retail outlets: Sunday to Thursday 10:00 am – 12:00 am | Friday to Saturday 10:00 am – 01:00 am
- Location: 2 A Street, Jumeirah 1
- Contact: 800 MERAAS (637227)
26. EXPLORE THE VIBRANT SHEIKH MOHAMMED BIN RASHID BOULEVARD
Winding through the happening Downtown Dubai district, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard is one of the best Dubai tourist attractions. This tree-lined boulevard is home to some of the city’s most popular restaurants and boasts gorgeous views of Burj Khalifa and the surrounding area.
- Location: Downtown Dubai
27. WATCH A SPECTACULAR SHOW AT THE DUBAI FOUNTAIN
A visit to the spectacular show at the Dubai Fountain is one of the best things to do in Dubai at night. The Dubai Fountain uses 6,600 lights and high-pressure water shooters for a fabulous display. Each performance of the Dubai Fountain is different, making this one of the best places to visit in Dubai.
- Cost: AED 20 per person (Boardwalk) | AED 65 per person (Abra Lake Ride)
- Timings: Every 30 mins between 05:45 pm – 11:30 pm
- Location: Burj Lake, Next to Dubai Mall, Downtown Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-362-7500
28. DISCOVER DUBAI MARINA WALK, A GORGEOUS PROMENADE
Located in one of the city’s trendiest neighbourhoods, the Dubai Marina Walk is a seven-kilometre promenade offering dining, shopping and entertainment. Stroll down the gorgeous promenade, rent bicycles to get around or dine at waterfront restaurants and cafes in the area. Other activities at this popular attraction in Dubai include yacht and dhow cruises.
- Location: Dubai Marina
29. VISIT THE MESMERISING POINTE THE PALM
The Palm Jumeirah features luxury homes, hotels and other attractions but one of the newer attractions in the area, Pointe at The Palm, stands out from the rest. This gorgeous beachfront retreat is Insta-worthy with many restaurants, stores and breathtaking views of Atlantis, The Palm.
- Location: Palm Jumeirah
30. EXPLORE PALM JUMEIRAH – DUBAI’S ICONIC PALM-TREE SHAPED ISLAND
For those looking for things to do in Dubai for the whole family, a visit to Palm Jumeirah can’t go wrong — with five-star resorts, outdoor venues, waterparks and more
From thrilling and kid-friendly water rides at Aquaventure Waterpark to trendy restaurants, serene beaches and cool clubs, Palm Jumeirah has something for everyone. If all you want to do is stroll down the waterfront walkway, this is makes for one of the best places to visit in Dubai.
- Location: King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Street
31. VISIT THE DHOW-SHAPED LUXURY HOTEL
Wondering where to go in Dubai? One of the stops on your Dubai sightseeing tour has to be Burj Al Arab. The hotel’s elegant, dhow-shaped structure is instantly recognisable amongst Dubai’s skyline.
This self-styled ‘seven-star’ hotel is known for sheer opulence and is set on its own artificial island. If you’re not planning on staying at this luxury resort, you can always experience one of the many fine-dining venues in the hotel, enjoy exciting water sports or lounge at The Terrace; which has pools, bars, cabanas and gives access to the private beach.
- Location: Jumeirah Street, Umm Suqeim 3
- Contact: +971-4-301-7777
32. TAKE AN INSTAGRAMMABLE PHOTO BY THE BURJ KHALIFA
Standing at 828 metres, Burj Khalifa proudly holds the title of the tallest building in the world. No trip to the city is complete without paying a visit here, one of the unmissable attractions in Dubai.
You can view this iconic landmark for free from the outdoor promenade surrounding Burj Lake or Burj Park. Alternatively, you can experience the breathtaking view of the city from the observational decks located on the 124th and 125th floors of the Burj Khalifa, known as the At The Top Experience.
- Cost: AED 149 per person onwards (At The Top) | AED 379 per person onwards (At The Top SKY)
- Contact: +971-4-888-8888
GARDENS AND PARKS IN DUBAI
Despite being a desert, there is no shortage of lush-green spaces in the city. Here is a list of the best parks in Dubai that are perfect for picnics, exercise and other activities.
33. DUBAI MIRACLE GARDEN
Home to more than 50 million blooming flowers in exquisite colours and displays, Dubai Miracle Garden is one of the best outdoor places to visit in Dubai, especially with the kids. This family-friendly Dubai attraction has its own avenue dedicated to Disney, with massive floral displays of classic characters like Mickey Mouse.
Don’t miss the life-size floral recreation of the Emirates Airbus A380, one of the highlights of the park. Wander through the themed sections of the park, have a blast on the trampolines and catch fun shows at the amphitheatre.
- AED 55 (Adults)
- AED 40 (Kids between the age of 3 years and 12 years)
- Free Entry (Kids under the age of 3 years and People of Determination)
- Timings: Monday to Friday 09:00 am – 09:00 pm | Saturday and Sunday 09:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Location: Al Barsha South 3, Dubailand
- Contact: +971-4-422-8902
34. THE DUBAI FRAME
The Dubai Frame, one of the most popular landmarks in Dubai, offers panoramic views of two defining eras of the city. On one side, you can see the bustling streets of Old Dubai while the skyscrapers of New Dubai stand tall at the other.
With tickets priced at just AED 50 for adults, the Dubai Frame is one of the most affordable attractions and best things to do in Zabeel Park Dubai.
- AED 50 per person (Adults)
- AED 20 per person (Kids between 3 – 12 years)
- Free (Kids under 3 years and People of Determination)
- Location: Gate 4, Zabeel Park
- Timings: Sunday to Saturday: 09:00 am – 09:00 pm
- Contact: +971-800-900
35. DUBAI GARDEN GLOW AT ZABEEL PARK
Another mesmerising park with plenty of fun things to do in Dubai is Garden Glow in Zabeel Park. The park features illuminated marvels made from recycled materials and energy-saving lights.
Some of the attractions worth visiting include The Glow Park, Art Park, Magic Park, Dinosaur Park and Happy Forest to name a few.
- Cost: AED 65 per person (includes access to Glow Park and Dinosaur Park) | AED 45 per person for Magic Park
- Timings: Saturday to Friday: 04:00 pm – 11:00 pm | Saturday and National Holidays: 04:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Location: Zabeel Park, Gate No. 6 & 7 Area –B
- Contact: +97-55-918-8126
36. VISIT AL KHAZZAN PARK
Al Khazzan Park in Dubai is a lush-green sanctuary in Al Satwa. The park is an excellent spot for jogging, exercising, family picnics and barbeques. It has a dedicated kid’s play area as well. You can also grab a bite at the HAPI restaurant in Al Khazzan Solar Park.
- Location: Al Safa Street, Opposite to City Walk, Satwa, Dubai
- Contact: +971-800-900
DISCOVER THE UAE’S RICH CULTURE AND HISTORY AT THESE HERITAGE SITES IN DUBAI
For those on the lookout for cultural things to do in Dubai, here are some of the heritage sites in Dubai that can be ideal.
37. TAKE A JOURNEY BACK IN TIME AT THE DUBAI MUSEUM
Located in the oldest building in Dubai, Dubai Museum is one of the best Dubai attractions for history buffs. The museum has several exhibits and life-size displays that reveal the way of life in earlier times. With entry tickets priced as low as AED 3 for adults, it’s also one of the most affordable places to visit in Dubai.
- Cost: Tickets: AED 3 per person (adults) |AED 1 per person (kids under the age of 6)
- Timings: Saturday to Thursday: 08:30 am – 08:30 pm | Friday 02:30 pm – 08:30 pm
- Location: Opp. Grand Mosque, Al Fahidi Street, Bur Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-353-1862
38. EXPLORE AL SEEF CREEKSIDE
Al Seef is a leisure hub along the iconic Dubai Creek. This outdoor venue is divided into two sections with a modern promenade and a traditional Emirati village. It features trendy restaurants and retail outlets. The beautiful recreation of traditional Emirati architecture is a treat to see and makes for some fabulous photographs. You can complete your visit by dining at any of the restaurants in Al Seef.
- Timings: Saturday to Wednesday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm | Thursday and Friday: 10:00 am – 12:00 am
- Location: Al Seef Street, Umm Hurair
- Contact: 800 MERAAS (637227)
39. EXPERIENCE CAMEL RACING IN DUBAI
Camel racing in Dubai has been one of the oldest traditions of the UAE and you can see it live at Al Marmoom Race Track, which is one of the best attractions in Al Marmoom Desert. Dubai’s biggest camel racetrack can accommodate more than 60 camels as they thunder down the racetrack to the finish line. Make sure to drop by before the races, for a chance to pet the camels and take photos with them.
- Tickets: Free Entry
- Timings: 07:00 am – 09:00 am (Camel Races)
- Location: Dubai Camel Racing Club, Dubai – Al Ain Road
- Contact: +971-4-832-6526
40. VISIT THE HISTORICAL Al FAHIDI NEIGHBOURHOOD
Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood also known as the Al Bastakiya district is worth exploring for those who visit the emirate. The entire area offers a glimpse of the city’s old architecture which is similar to traditional desert homes in the UAE.
- Location: Al Fahidi Historical District
41. TAKE A GUIDED TOUR OF THE JUMEIRAH MOSQUE
Experience the culture of the UAE by visiting the Jumeirah Mosque, one of the most beautiful places in the emirate. Made out of pure-white stone, Jumeirah Mosque can accommodate 1,300 people at a time. This is also one of the few mosques in Dubai that offers guided tours for non-Muslim visitors, thereby giving them a chance to learn more about the UAE’s official religion.
- Cost: AED 25 per person for a guided tour
- Timings: Saturday to Thursday: 10:00 am onwards (Guided Tour)
- Location: Jumeirah Beach Road, Jumeirah 1
- Contact: +971-4-353-6666
42. LEARN ABOUT FALCONS IN THE UAE AT THE FALCON MUSEUM
The Falcon and Heritage Museum in Dubai is all about the majestic bird, its origins as well as the role it plays in the traditions and culture of the UAE. It also features audio-visual explanations about falconry in the UAE. Visitors can enjoy a free guided tour of the museum.
- Cost: Free
- Timings: Sunday to Thursday 07:00 am – 06:00 pm | Guided tour timings: Sunday to Thursday 08:00 am – 02:00 pm
- Location: Nad Al Sheba Area, near Meydan Hotel
- Contact: +971-4-327-2854
HAVE A BEACH DAY AT THE PICTURESQUE BEACHES IN DUBAI
Several beautiful beaches lie on the Dubai coast. Here is a list of the best beaches in Dubai where there is never a dull moment.
43. SCOUT THE MAGNIFICENT KITE BEACH BY MERAAS
Let’s start the list of the best beaches in Dubai with Kite Beach by Meraas, a spot popular spot for water sports and kitesurfing. A plethora of available activities makes it among the beaches in the UAE.
44. DISCOVER THE BEACH JBR – AN EXTRAVAGANT BEACHFRONT DESTINATION
One of the most popular beaches in Dubai, The Beach JBR — also called JBR Beach, JBR Open Beach or JBR Public Beach — is a bustling and vibrant attraction. It’s the perfect leisure spot for locals and visitors alike. Also in the vicinity are retail outlets, plenty of dining and entertainment options.
45. TAKE BREATHTAKING PHOTOS AT JUMEIRAH BEACH DUBAI
Jumeirah Public Beach is a good place to visit if you’re looking for Insta-worthy spots. The free public beach boasts a number of amenities for visitors such as showers, changing rooms, a jogging track and more. There are also several dining options and water sports to try here.
46. SEE WHAT SUNSET BEACH DUBAI IS ALL ABOUT
Sunset Beach or Umm Suqeim Beach is another great beach worth a visit. It is also a known selfie spot in Dubai. Taking a perfect picture with the backdrop of the magnificent Burj Al Arab is one of the favourite things to do in Dubai by tourists.
47. VISIT THE VIBRANT AND LIVELY LA MER BEACH
La Mer Beach is a vibrant beach and popular entertainment destination with plenty of free things to do in Dubai. This is where you can find a wide range of restaurants, shops and other attractions.
48. NORTH BEACH PALM JUMEIRAH – A HIDDEN GEM IN DUBAI
There is no shortage of free beaches in Dubai and a hidden gem is the North Beach on Pearl Jumeirah, a mini man-made island near Port Rashid. It lies next to Nikki Beach, one of the popular beach clubs in Dubai. If you want to enjoy the sun, sand and sea in one of the quieter nooks of the city, this is one of the best places to head to with your beach bags.
ENTERTAINING THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
From cinemas, amazing dance and light show to the spellbinding performances at Dubai Opera, here are the best venues for entertainment in Dubai.
49. INFINITY DES LUMIERÈS
Witness art comes to life in mesmerising exhibits at Infinity Des Lumierès is an art gallery in Dubai Mall. The vast 27,000 sq. m. projection area has 130 video projectors and 58 speakers. The result is an incredible sensory and visual experience.
Infinity Des Lumierès at Dubai Mall is currently displaying three art exhibits, Van Gogh, Dreamed Japan and Verse. Each show at the galleries is at least 1 hour 15 minutes long. There is a new session every 30 minutes.
- AED 150 per adult (14 years and above) – onsite ticket
- AED 125 per adult (14 years and above) – advance purchase online
- AED 75 per child (from 3 to 13 years old) – online & onsite
- Free for People of DeterminationAED 75 for those accompanying People of Determination
- Please visit the official website for tickets
- Timings: Monday to Thursday 10:00 am – 09:00 pm | Friday to Sunday 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Location: Level 2, Dubai Mall
50. ENJOY LIVE SHOWS AT DUBAI OPERA
Dubai Opera lies in the heart of Downtown Dubai. From musicals to stand-up comedy, musical concerts and jazz performances — there are plenty of shows and events to attend at this cultural cornerstone of Dubai.
- Location: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd, Downtown Dubai
51. BE A PART OF THE IMMERSIVE LA PERLE DUBAI
La Perle Dubai offers shows that you cannot miss. The aqua theatre transforms into a spectacle of lights and cascading waterfalls.
La Perle by Dragone Dubai is the brainchild of producer and creative director Franco Dragone —renowned for theatrical masterpieces like Cirque du Soleil. Prepare to experience a visual masterpiece of immersive artistic performances, technology, and imagery.
- Cost: AED 404 per person for dinner and meal (cost may vary depending on the seats and package selected) | AED 207 per person onwards under UAE Resident Offer
- Timings: Tuesday to Saturday 09:00 am – 11:00 pm | Closed on Sunday and Monday
- Location: 260 Sheikh Zayed Rd, Al Habtoor City – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Contact: +971-4-437-0001
52. WATCH A MOVIE AT THE CINEMAS IN DUBAI
Film buffs in the city have no shortage of exciting things to do in Dubai. VOX, Reel and NOVO Cinemas are spread across the city offering plenty of options to enjoy your favourite movie. The ticket cost depends on the seat you pick and the location of the cinema. You can find a cinema in all the major malls in the city. During the cooler months, there are also many outdoor cinemas set up around the city.
53. VISIT MADAME TUSSAUDS DUBAI
Click a picture with your favourite celeb wax figures at the coveted Madame Tussauds Dubai. The museum opened its doors to the public on October 14, 2021 and is home to over 60 statues. Madame Tussauds is divided into seven zones featuring statutes of popular sports stars, actors, politicians, scientists and more.
- Price: AED 110 onwards
- Timings: Sunday to Thursday 12:00 pm – 08:00 pm | Friday and Saturday 11:00 am – 09:00 pm
- Location: Bluewaters Island
- Contact: MTDubai@merlinentertainments.biz
WILDLIFE AND ECO-TOURISM IN DUBAI
Explore the flora and fauna in Dubai at these wildlife sanctuaries.
54. DUBAI SAFARI PARK
A visit to the Dubai Safari Park is counted amongst the most popular things to do in Dubai. The massive zoo is home to over 2.500 exotic animals from around the globe. This must-visit attraction in Dubai reopened on October 5, 2020 after extensive renovations.
The park is divided into several sections or villages such as the Arabian Village, Explorer Village, African Village, Asian Village and Kids Farm. The attractions within Dubai Safari Park boasts native animal and bird species from different regions of the world. Furthermore, kids can learn a great deal about animals and their habitats here.
- Cost: From AED 50 for adults, AED 20 for kids | Free entry for kids under 3 years of age and for People of Determination. Differently-abled guests can show their SANAD cards.
- Timings: Daily 09:00 am – 05:00 pm | Night Pass: Monday to Thursday 06:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Friday to Sunday 06:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Location: Al Warqa 5 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Contact: +971-800-900
55. RAS AL KHOR WILDLIFE SANCTUARY – DUBAI’S POPULAR BIRD-WATCHING SPOT
Take a trip to any of the ‘Flamingo Hide Viewing Areas’ of the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary in Dubai and watch magnificent, pink flamingos in their natural habitat. It’s best to visit during their feeding times for a closer look.
Apart from flamingos, the wildlife sanctuary is known for attracting a large number of other migratory birds. It’s one of the best activities in Dubai for bird watchers and also one of the most popular free things to do in Dubai for those on a budget.
- Timings: 07:30 am to 05:30 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Location: Baniyas 20, Baniyas Road, Deira
- Contact: +971-800-900
56. EXPERIENCE A RAIN FOREST IN THE DESERT AT THE GREEN PLANET DUBAI
It’s hard to believe but it’s true. There is an indoor rainforest with exotic flora and fauna right here in Dubai! The Green Planet is an immersive indoor vertical rainforest. Visiting this popular attraction is one of the best things to do in Dubai for nature buffs and kids. The attraction is home to over 3,000 animals and plants in their natural habitat.
- Cost: AED 120 (AED 89 online) per person onwards
- Timings: Sunday to Saturday 10:00 am – 06:00 pm
- Location: Junction of Al Wasl Road and Safa Road, City Walk Dubai
- Contact: +971-800-7699
57. VISIT HATTA – A STUNNING ESCAPE FOR NATURE LOVERS
The gorgeous destination of Hatta is a paradise for adventurists. Hatta is located 130 kilometres away from the city, but the drive is worth it. Marvel at majestic rocky mountains set against crystal waters.
If you’re searching for the perfect day trip from Dubai, Hatta is an ideal choice, with a range of activities for the family. From kayaking to mountain biking, heritage village visits and forts, there are a plethora of things to do in Hatta.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT DUBAI?
Dubai is perfect to visit any time of the year. However, the ideal time is between October to February — cooler months when most events, like Dubai Shopping Festival, are in full swing. The weather is pleasant in winters as well.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BEST NIGHTCLUBS IN DUBAI?
Barasti, WHITE Dubai and 10 Oak are some of the most popular nightclubs in Dubai. Hotspots like NOVA, Bla Bla and The Theatre are some of the new bars and nightclubs that have created a buzz among Dubai denizens.
That concludes our guide to the best places to visit and attractions in Dubai. We hope this article helps you plan an amazing visit.
Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of free things to do in Dubai as well. So there are many options for those who would like to explore the city on a budget. Looking for more thrills. Take a look at all the adventurous activities in Dubai that you can enjoy.
Stay tuned to MyBayut for more articles on the best things to do in Dubai!