- Jumeirah Public Beach
- Kite Beach
- Sunset Beach
- North Beach
- The Beach JBR
- La Mer
- Al Mamzar Beach
- Al Sufouh Beach
- Jebel Ali Beach
Dubai summers mean it’s time to bring out the sunglasses, slap on the sunscreen, head to the sandy beaches and enjoy the sun and sea. There are quite a few public beaches in Dubai to explore, both over summer, and in the cooler winter months. Here is a complete guide to all these free Dubai beaches with detailed information about the timings of beaches in Dubai, facilities available, special offers and much more.
TOP 9 Public Beaches in Dubai
If you want to enjoy a day in the sun, here is the list of best beaches in Dubai that are worth visiting.
1. Jumeirah Public Beach
One of the most visited public beaches in Dubai, the Jumeirah Open Beach is quite popular with residents and tourists. Entry is completely free of charge, and there are showers and changing rooms for those looking for a dip in the sea. The beach also has lifeguards, a few cafes and eateries and a jogging track for fitness enthusiasts. This also one of the Dubai public beaches that offers a variety of watersports in including paddle boarding and jet-skiing. Residents living in the Jumeirah neighbourhood particularly enjoy this public beach Dubai as it is just a stone’s throw away from their homes.
- Jumeirah Public Beach Timings: Open 24 hours, but the beach is accessible for swimming only until sundown
- Facilities: Showers, changing rooms, lifeguards, jogging track, cafes and restaurants nearby
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: JJ Chicken, Bu Qtair, Fili Cafe
- Entry free
2. Kite Beach by Meraas
As the name suggests this beach is an idyllic spot for kitesurfers in Dubai. One of the most popular public beaches in Dubai, Kite Beach also boasts spectacular views of the ocean, a quirky collection of food trucks, sun loungers to work on that tan, an array of water-sports and manicured sands that stretch into the azure blue waters.
There is a jogging track, stationary workout stations, beach volleyball courts and even a beach gym, making it one of the best Dubai beaches for fitness enthusiasts. It also features the only beach library in Dubai, perfect for the book lovers in the city. Another thing the beach is famous for the line-up of the best food trucks in Dubai – the most popular one being Salt which has some of the most sought after sliders in town.
- Kite Beach Timings: Open 24 hours, but swimming is accessible only until sundown.
- Facilities: Kitesurfing, paddle boarding and other water sports, beach library, jogging track, beach gyms, volleyball nets, food trucks, beach loungers, showers and changing rooms
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Salt and Taqado Mexican Kitchen
- Entry free
3. Sunset Beach Jumeirah
A neighbour to the Kite Beach, Sunset Beach or Umm Suqeim Beach is famous for being the consummate selfie spot in Dubai to capture a picture with the renowned Burj Al Arab in the background. Another favourite of the residents in the rental villas in Jumeirah, this is amongst the best free access beaches in Dubai.
Fittingly named, this is one of the more relaxed public beaches in Dubai where you can watch the sunset and laze on the sands. This is also one of the best beaches in Dubai for surfers who are beginning to explore their skills. It’s close to the tranquil Umm Suqeim park, making it perfect for a day out with the kids. This Dubai public beach also allows evening swimming, so you can cool off with a refreshing swim after the sun makes its retreat for the day.
- Sunset Beach Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Facilities: Showers, toilets, minimarts, perfect for surfing
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Jumeirah fish grill
- Entry free
4. North Beach on Pearl Jumeirah
Another one of the free beaches in Dubai within the Jumeirah area is the North Beach on Pearl Jumeirah – the mini man-made island near the Port Rashid area. It is situated just next to Nikki Beach one of the popular beach clubs in Dubai. Along with clear blue waters and sandy white shores, the North Beach is known for its spectacular array of watersport activities that can be enjoyed against the skyline of Dubai
- North Beach Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Facilities: Sand parking, kite surfing and paddle boarding
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Nikki Beach Restaurant
- Entry free
5. The JBR Beach / The Beach by Meraas
If you like spending a family day at the beach with a spot of shopping, some great food and exciting activities, all at a single spot, then this is the beach for you. With camel rides, a slew of upmarket restaurants and a whole assortment of water sports to be enjoyed, the JBR beach is perfect for families with diverse tastes to get together for a fun day out. Families can try out activities such as banana boat rides, surfing, jet skiing and more! There’s also a jogging track for fitness fanatics living in the apartments in JBR and sun lovers can take in the spectacular views of the highly-anticipated Bluewaters Island and the Ain Dubai Ferris wheel.
- JBR Beach Timings: Sun-Wed: 10am-11pm, Thur-Sat: 10am-midnight.
- Facilities: Camel rides, beach loungers, showers, cabanas, restaurants, cafes, juice bars, water sports and shopping
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Leopold’s of London, Bombay Bungalow, Cheesecake Factory etc
- Entry free
6. La Mer Beach
One of the new public beaches in Dubai, Instagram favourite La Mer has captured the city’s attention with its twinkling lights, a wide choice of restaurants and cafes, interesting design and abundance of water sports. Those wanting a dip in the sea at this beach in Dubai will be happy to know that there are plenty of showers and changing rooms along with cabanas at La Mer. The venue also boasts a wide variety of dining options from licensed places such as Masti and Star’N’Bars, to fast food favourites including Five Guys, Salt and Parkers. With the newly opened Laguna Waterpark, trampolines for kids to enjoy and a host of other new activities, La Mer is picture perfect for some laid-back family fun in Dubai.
- Timings: Weekdays (Sun-Wed): Retail: 10am-10pm, beach till sunset. Weekends (Thu-Sat): Retail: 10am- midnight, beach till sunset
- Facilities: Showers, cabanas, water sports, water park, restaurants, bars and cafes.
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Star’N’Bars, Five Guys, Salt and Parker
- Entry free
7. Al Mamzar Beach (Open Beach)
Located on the edge of the Dubai-Sharjah border, Mamzar Beach is a hidden gem when it comes to free public beaches in Dubai. There is an open beach section of which a part goes through the Mamzar Beach Park. There’s plenty to do at Al Mamzar Beach! Apart from swimming and building sand castles on you can grab a quick workout at the free outdoor gym area, jog on the running tracks, or cycle on the dedicated bike paths. Another great thing about this public beach Dubai is that it has paved pathways on the sand for the People of Determination!
- Al Mamzar Open Beach Timings: 24 hours
- Facilities: Toilets, benches and seating areas, running track, cycling track, outdoor gym, lifeguards
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Al Mallah Mamzar, Tea Club, Shabarbush
- Free Entry
8. Black Palace Beach / Al Sufouh Beach
Known as the Secret Beach, this is one of the Dubai beaches tucked away from the public, which is perfect for calm days of reflection in the company of the sun, sea and sands. Notoriously difficult to locate, this beach can be found on a tiny pathway between the royal fortresses at Al Sufouh. Free from any sports or other distractions, the Black Palace beach is just about you, the waves and all the sun you can soak up. Head there for an evening of quiet relaxation. If you have snorkelling gear, bring it along. The beach is known for its crystal clear waters so you may be able to spot some interesting marine life.
- Black Palace Beach Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Facilities: Lifeguards
- Restaurants: Pai Thai, Pierchic and other restaurants in Madinat Jumeirah
- Entry free
9. Jebel Ali Beach
This serene beach near the JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort is a popular spot for locals and expats and can get crowded during the cooler months when lots of folks drive down to barbecue and picnic with their families. It’s an untouched open beach, so don’t expect loungers and cabanas.
- Jebel Ali Beach Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Facilities: Changing rooms and toilets
- Restaurants nearby: Jebal Ali Restaurant and Seafearers Bar and Kitchen
- Entry free
These are some of the most popular beaches in Dubai. Take note of these Dubai beach timings and make summer eventful by exploring a new one every weekend and trying out their fun range of beach activities.
Bear in mind while going to these Dubai public beaches most are quite liberal when it comes to the dress code, however, it is important to be culturally sensitive while choosing your attire. Remember to carry a wrap so you don’t violate any of the policies of the Dubai beaches, many of which only allow swimming costumes at the beaches but not in the cafes and restaurants nearby.
Which of these Dubai beaches will you be heading off to this summer? Let us know all about your Dubai beach experience in the comments below and stay tuned to the best property blog in Dubai for more interesting updates.