If you want to head to a good beach in the city the La Mer beach is one of the best options. Developed by Meraas, La Mer is an expansive beachfront venue having a lot of entertainment options, retail stores and restaurants, but the beach remains one of the most popular attractions of the area. The La Mer beach also offers the perfect backdrops for selfies, making it one of the best Instagrammable beaches in Dubai. While there’s a lot of exciting things to do in the area, let’s take a look at all the facilities in La Mer beach, that makes it popular with residents in the city.
About La Mer Beach
The La Mer beachfront is one of the most popular beach destinations in the city with a picturesque tropical ambience. The beach has novel landscaping and artistic features with an array of towering palm trees and waterfront features. The signature fish motifs of the La Mer development can be seen in many of the elements near the beach too.
With 1.24 million sq.m of existing and reclaimed land, La Mer beach is situated between Pearl Jumeirah and Jumeirah Bay.
The development includes a Wharf featuring rustic steelworks, barrels and a deep industrial aesthetic. The artsy lot will notice the minimalistic design elements fused with contemporary art in La Mer.
La Mer Dubai is divided into the La Mer beach, La Mer North, La Mer South and The Wharf which includes most of the retail stores at La Mer and entertainment venues. The La Mer Beach contact number is +971-800-63-7227.
Where is the La Mer beach Dubai location?
La Mer beach is located in Jumeirah 1, between Jumeirah Bay and Pearl Jumeirah.
What is the La Mer beach entrance fee?
Entry is free for the public!
What are the La Mer Beach Timings?
Although the La Mer Beach remains open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm from Sunday to Wednesday and from 10:00 am till 12:00 am from Thursday to Saturday, you are allowed to swim only till sunset. After this the other retail facilities, spas and La Mer cafes and restaurants are open, but swimming in the beach or relaxing on the sun-beds will not be possible. Most people wrap up their activities in La Mer beach by around 06:30 pm.
Questions Related to La Mer Beach
Here’s are some common public queries related to the La Mer beach:
When did La Mer Dubai Open?
La Mer Dubai was opened to the public in October 2017.
Are pets allowed in La Mer?
Unfortunately, no, pets are not allowed in La Mer. Your furry friends can’t accompany you to the beach.
La Mer Beach Dubai Activities
There is so much to do at the sprawling La Mer Beach. You could head to Sea Breeze, which lets you get some time in the sun or enjoy the Watersports by First Yacht activities.
If you need some time by the sea on a sunbed, head to Sea Breeze. This facility at La Mer beach lets you rent single as well as bundle offers of sunbeds, depending on whether you are vacationing alone or with friends and family.
- Contact: +971-800-63-7227
- Timings: From10:00 am to 10:00 pm every day
Renting Sunbeds and Towels at La Mer Beach
One sunbed at Sea Breeze costs AED 60, while a bundle offer of sunbeds is priced at AED 100. This includes a sunbed, a towel and an umbrella. A bundle offer of two sunbeds is even cheaper at AED 180, which gets you two sunbeds, two towels and an umbrella. You can also rent an extra towel for AED 20 after depositing a rental fee of AED 50 which gets refunded when you return the towels.
Renting Cabanas at La Mer Beach
There are four fully air-conditioned exclusive day rooms offered till sunset. These fully furnished rooms cost AED 600 for a group of four people and AED 100 per extra person, for a maximum of six people. Children under 12 can stay for free, and a cash deposit of AED 1,000 has to be made, which is refundable.
If you rent a day room or a sunbed bundle, you can avail of a flat 20% off on some retail outlets, cafes and La Mer beach restaurants. There are two Sea Breeze kiosks, one each in La Mer North and La Mer South. When it comes to La Mer Dubai parking, both the sides have outdoor parking, while La Mer North also offers underground parking.
Water Sports by First Yacht at La Mer beach makes it perfect for adventure junkies. You can have a fun time splashing the water in a safe and secure environment. Choose from donut riding, flyboarding, surfing, paddle boating, water biking, kayaking, jet skiing or standup paddle boarding. People of all ages, from children to the elderly, can enjoy these water sports in La Mer beach. You can also book this place for your personal events like corporate meetings or birthdays to enjoy a memorable time
- Contact: +971-5-8884-9240
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm every day
Activities are classified as motorised and non-motorised activities.
- Stand up paddle (non-motorised): AED 65 for 30 mins and AED 110 for one hour.
- Pedalo (non-motorised): AED 110 for 30 mins and AED 160 for one hour.
- Kayak (non-motorised): AED 65 for 30 mins and AED 110 for one hour.
- Water step bike (non-motorised): AED 85 for 30 mins and AED 130 for one hour.
- Inflatables (non-motorised): AED 35 for 30 mins and AED 55 for one hour.
- Jet Ski (motorised), up to two persons: AED 195 for 15 mins, AED 350 for 30 mins and AED 580 for one hour.
- Jet Ski tour (motorised): AED 810 for 1 hour and 30 mins (from 09:30 am to 11:00 am), AED 670 for one hour (from 11:20 am to 12:20 pm), AED 590 for 50 mins (from 01:00 pm to 01:50 pm and from 02:20 pm to 03:10 pm).
- Wakeboard/surf (motorised): AED 400 for 30 mins, AED 650 for one hour, AED 1,250 for two hours and AED 2,350 for four hours.
- Flyboard (motorised): AED 390 for 30 mins, including a 10-minute briefing and a 20-minute practice session.
- Towable (motorised), up to four persons: AED 160 per head for 20 minutes, for a minimum of two people
- You can hire a personal trainer for AED 85 for 30 mins and AED 160 for one hour
- You can also book a boat cruise (for up to six people) for AED 1,265 for one hour
There are some good water sports discovery packages you should consider:
- For AED 650, you can get 30 mins of jet ski tour and 30 mins of fly boarding, which normally costs AED 740
- For AED 660, you can get 30 mins of surfing and a 30-min jet ski tour, which normally costs AED 660
- For AED 405, you can get a combo of 30 mins of motorized (jet ski tour, surfing, fly boarding) activities and 30 mins of non-motorised (kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, water step biking) activities, which would normally cost AED 485
- Their family package offers 20% off if you book a minimum of four motorised or non-motorised activities
- You can also get discounts on their Watersports Loyalty Card, which offers five to ten free sessions depending on how many sessions you have booked a particular motorised or non-motorised activity
In addition to these activities, there are some more new activities at La Mer beach. This includes their exciting trampoline park Hawa Hawa for both children and adults.
La Mer Dubai Beach Facilities
The beach offers the following facilities as well:
- Changing rooms
- Prayer Rooms
- Valet Parking
- Mobile Charging Boxes
- Customer Information Hubs
- Al Ansari Money Exchange
- Basement Vehicle Locator
- Car Wash
- Complimentary Shuttle Buses
- Smart Police Station
- EZ Train and EZ Taxi
What’s better than a beachfront venue within Dubai that offers a break from the routine and is Insta-friendly at the same time? You can head to La Mer Beach with your entire family for a fun day in the sun. Witness the Arabian Gulf from within a rented cabana, soak the sun on the daybeds, go for a refreshing dip, or try the water sports activities in La Mer beach.
In addition to La Mer, the nearby Jumeirah beach is also one of the best beaches in Dubai. So head over if you want to beach hop with friends and family!