Dubai is truly a shopper’s paradise. The city is home to some of the most popular brands and designers when it comes to fashion, perfumes, accessories and jewellery. While the city’s glittering malls are famous worldwide, Dubai’s bustling, old souks are equally sought-after by residents and visitors. These old souks in Dubai are home to hidden gems and rare finds, often at unbeatable prices. One such popular souk is the Deira Gold Souk, which happens to be the largest gold market in the world with more than 300 shops.
A stark contrast to the glitz and glamour of modern-day Dubai, it still attracts hundreds of tourists visiting Dubai. The exquisite craftsmanship of jewellers at the Deira Gold Souk makes this gold market unlike any other. Some of these jewellers in the Deira Gold Souk have been in the business for decades. Thus, visitors are guaranteed to find amongst the biggest selection of gold and precious gemstones here.
Whether it’s a beautiful addition to their everyday jewellery collection or splashing out for a special occasion, buying gold in Dubai is very popular with expats and visitors, some of whom come to the city especially to buy gold. The wide variety of choices, cheaper prices even when including VAT and pure quality are some of the reasons to buy gold in Dubai.
WHY VISIT DEIRA GOLD SOUK?
No trip to Dubai can be complete without visiting the Deira Gold Souk. It’s worth a trip even if you don’t intend on buying gold, although, among the myriad of stunning pieces of jewellery, you just might change your mind. So, whether you simply want to experience the gold souk or have planned a shopping spree, MyBayut has complied comprehensive guide for your visit to Gold Souk Deira.
Shopping at Deira Gold Souk
The Gold Souk in Deira boasts an astonishing variety of jewellery. There are hundreds of retailers, all offering jewellery with designs from across the globe. Some of the popular jewellery shops in Deira Gold Souk are Malabar Gold and Diamonds, Bafleh Jewellery and Joyalukkas, along with many other smaller stores. From elegant rings, delicate bracelets, grand necklaces and pretty earrings, there’s something at Deira Gold Souk for every taste and budget.
Another question that comes to shoppers minds is: can I be sure of the quality of products on sale at Gold Souk Deira? The answer is an empathic yes! All products sold at the stores in the Gold Souk in Deira are regulated by the Government of UAE, guaranteeing authenticity and purity of gold.
Things to know before shopping at Deira Gold Souk
Below are some handy tips for those visiting the shops in Deira Gold Souk:
- Before you head to the Gold Souk Market, check gold prices online. The gold price in Dubai follows international market rates and so can fluctuate daily. This means you can take advantage of when prices are lower to secure a good deal.
- Be prepared to haggle. While the gold rate is fixed, the making charges are negotiable, which refers to the charges applied for making of the piece. There is a lot of room between the price jewellers will quote and what they are willing to accept. Jewellers expect you to haggle and have price buffers when you do. This makes buying gold in Deira cheaper than the rest of the city.
- Gold in Dubai is sold as per the Karat and weight. The higher the Karat of gold is, the more you have to pay. A higher Karat indicates a higher purity of gold.
- If you want pure gold, you must buy 24 Karat gold, which is the most expensive. Since pure gold is soft, it is mixed with different metals to give it the finish needed.
- Plan your visit to the Gold Souk in Deira on an off day. Take your time and browse several shops before making a choice. There are many retailers who charge extra because of their prime location within the Deira gold market. So, try to explore the nooks and crannies to get a really sweet deal.
What are the Deira market timings?
The Gold Souk Deira Dubai opening hours are 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. However, on Fridays, the market opens at 04:00 pm after afternoon prayers. Bear in mind that evenings are usually much more crowded than mornings.
What is the Deira Gold Souk location?
It is located in Al Ras Deira, next to Dubai Fish and Vegetable Market.
How to go to Deira Gold Souk?
Ideally, you should use public transport such as Dubai Metro, RTA buses or taxi to reach the Deira Gold Souk. At the Deira Gold Souk parking can often be difficult to find.
If you’re accessing the Deira Gold Souk by Dubai Metro, Al Ras Station is 10 minutes by walk from the Gold Souk in Deira. The Baniyas Square Station is also another metro station near the souk. When you’re at either of these metro stations you can ask passers-by for Gold Souk Deira directions. Most people know it as it’s a popular location.
If you want to reach the location by RTA bus, buses C07, C09 and C28 stop in the area.
Besides the Gold Souk, you can engage in many other activities in Deira. If you enjoyed your visit to the Gold Souk in Deira, the other souks in Dubai will also fascinate you. The Deira clock tower is also a fascinating place and a historic monument to visit in the area. As a tourist, you could stay in any luxurious hotels in Deira and save a lot of travelling time.
Keep following MyBayut to learn about all the best shopping spots in Dubai and more.