Everything you need to know about Atlantis The Palm
The emirate of Dubai is not just popular for its tall buildings and expansive shopping malls, it is also known for world-renowned leisure attractions. One of the most well-known structures in Dubai is Atlantis The Palm — a luxury beachfront resort that puts Palm Jumeirah on the global hospitality map.
- Operating since: 24th September 2008
- Owner: Kerzner International Holdings Ltd.
- Architectural Design: Wimberly, Tong and Goo
- Location: Atlantis Dubai, Crescent Road, The Palm, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-426-2000
About the Hotel
The construction of Atlantis The Palm Dubai began in 2006. It took around 2 years for the impressive structure to be completed. Atlantis opened its door to the public in September 2008. During the course of the last decade, the hotel has won numerous awards and held on to its title as one of the most sought-after hotels in the city. It is also among the top luxury hotels in Dubai.
Located on the Crescent of the famous man-made island of Palm Jumeirah, this ocean-themed resort hotel is the crown jewel of the island and an iconic holiday destination beloved by travellers from around the world.
The design of Atlantis Palm Jumeirah is inspired by the mythical city of Plato’s Atlantis, complete with charming odes to the antique city in the form of fossilised shells and semi-precious stones. The resort boasts traditional Arabian architecture with two main towers; East Tower and West Tower, connected by Royal Bridge Suite.
THE EXQUISITE ARTWORK IN THE HOTEL LOBBY
The famous hotel’s lobby is a visual treat with its distinctive hand-painted murals and stunning Arabesque designs. The lobby has eight spellbinding murals made by the Spanish artist Albino Gonzalez. These masterpieces tell the tale of the mythical city of Atlantis.
Atlantis is also home to other enthralling murals by celebrated international artists such as Charley Brown and Mark Evans from San Francisco.
While these aesthetic murals add to the stunning ambience of Atlantis The Palm, it is the central glass sculpture, made with 3,000 glass pieces, that will leave you spellbound!
Rooms and Suites
Atlantis The Palm Dubai, with over 1,539 rooms to accommodate guests, is one of the most luxurious 5-star hotels in the UAE.
The hotel offers different types of rooms and suites reminiscent of classic Arabian hospitality.
Disclaimer: All the prices mentioned below are based on the current advertisements by the hotel and are subject to change depending on seasonal demand.
OVERVIEW OF THE OCEAN AND PALM VIEW GUEST ROOMS
One of their more basic accommodation options, the Ocean and Palm View Guest rooms at Atlantis The Palm, offer a comfortable stay for families and couples. Designed with a spacious layout overlooking the stunning views of the ocean or The Palm, these rooms provide a range of facilities, including a sleek flat-screen TV and a well-stocked fridge.
There are two variations of guest rooms available at the hotel: rooms with one king-sized bed and rooms with two queen-sized beds. A king-sized room is ideal for two adults and a child or three adults, while the queen-sized room accommodates four guests at a time.
Note that anyone above fourteen years of age will be considered an adult, while occupants below the age of fourteen are treated as children.
IMPERIAL CLUB ROOMS
Imperial Club Rooms offers guests access to the Imperial Club Lounge facilities. You can opt for these rooms if you are looking for an upgraded service, including free airport transfers, private beach lounging, express check-ins and check-outs and complimentary breakfast and evening tea.
CLUB SUITES AT ATLANTIS THE PALM HOTEL
Club Suites come in three different types; Terrace Suite, Skyline Suite and Regal Suite.
As suggested by its name, Terrace suites come with large terraces that offer an airy outdoor space, perfect for a relaxed evening tea. The 1-bed terrace suites come with a king-sized bed while 2-bed suites offer two additional queen-sized beds along with one king-sized bed.
Looking for a home-like experience at a 5-star hotel? Atlantis’ Spacious Executive Suites offer a warm, welcoming ambience with a kitchenette, lounge, balcony and a separate workspace. Depending on the space you need, you can opt for a 1 or 2-bedroom suite.
The Skyline Suites are suitable for both regular and business travellers. They come with dining areas and sleek workstations. Plus, you can make the most of the glittering Dubai skyline from the terrace, hence the name.
SIGNATURE SUITES AT ATLANTIS THE PALM HOTEL
The Signature Suites at Atlantis exude luxury and are divided into four categories. These include the Royal Bridge Suite, Underwater Suite, Presidential Suite and Grand Atlantis Suite.
One of the most popular among all the Atlantis Dubai rooms, the Underwater Suite sets new standards for luxury living. Fitted with floor-to-ceiling windows offering a view of The Lost Chamber Aquarium, these Underwater Suites provide the perfect ambience for a relaxing getaway. You will not get enough of observing sea creatures from the comfort of your bedroom.
This Atlantis underwater room can accommodate three adults and a child or two adults and two children.
The Presidential Suite at Atlantis offers the ultimate luxury. The tastefully decorated interiors are fitted with the latest modern conveniences.
It offers a spacious stay for three members with one king bed and two queen beds with a view of The Palm.
GRAND ATLANTIS SUITE
With its marine-themed fountains, five spacious balconies, a dining area and three bedrooms, the Grand Atlantis Suite is an experience unlike any other. It comes with two king beds.
ATTRACTIONS AT ATLANTIS THE PALM
Apart from the lavish hotel rooms and suites, the hotel offers a range of activities for guests and visitors. If you love the beach or enjoy waterparks with your family, you will certainly rejoice in a stay!
Aquaphiles can try a range of water activities at Atlantis the Palm Aquaventure Waterpark. There’s much to do here — from swim sessions at Dolphin Bay and Sea Lion Point to observing fish at The Lost Chambers Aquarium.
AQUAVENTURE WATER PARK
Aquaventure Water Park has over 30 thrilling water slides. Here are a few that will satisfy thrill-seekers at the Atlantis The Palm waterpark.
- The Leap of Faith: This one is for hardcore adrenalin junkies who love the sensation of breezing down a 98-metre-long mega waterslide at a speed of 60 km/h.
- Poseidon’s Revenge: Think you’re daring? Try Poseidon’s Revenge, one of the most exciting rides at the park, where you will be sliding at 60km/h through a 116-metre-long curvy slide chamber with plenty of turns and twists.
- Aquaconda: Take your friends and family along on this ultimate rafting simulator.
- Atlantean Flyer: With a height of 65 feet and a speed of 15km/h, Atlantean Flyer (zip-line ride) will make your adrenaline levels skyrocket. This zip-line ride is a treat for those who love gravity-defying activities.
Some of the other amazing rides include ‘Shark Attack’, ‘Slitherine’ and ‘The Rapid’s’.
Dolphin Bay Atlantis Aquaventure is a spot where visitors can indulge in different types of interactive sessions with dolphins.
Get close to some friendly dolphins with the Dolphin Encounter experience at Atlantis The Palm. Get in waist-deep and see the trainers interact with the playful creatures. Their antics will leave you in stitches.
For a more meaningful experience, this option is the way to go. Snorkel with dolphins at the deeper end of the Dolphin Bay lagoon.
DOLPHIN MEET AND GREET
Don’t like to get wet? Head to the edge of the lagoon to interact with the dolphins instead. Take a tour of how the sea creatures are cared for and get a printed photo to commemorate the day.
Apart from these, visitors can opt for Dolphin Paddle and Dolphin Kayak experiences. As the name implies, these choices allow you to cruise the lagoon on the mentioned equipment with dolphins for company!
SEA LION POINT
There is also Sea Lion Spot at Atlantis the Palm, where everyone can interact with the creatures.
SEO LION DIP AND PLAY
Join the team for a playful time with sea lions while learning more about them.
SEA LION MEET AND GREET
Get closer to the resident sea lions and pose for a memorable photo with them.
Note: The prices depend on the chosen activity. Every sea lion and dolphin experience comes with access to Aquaventure Waterpark for one day. Both can be found in Atlas Village at Atlantis The Palm.
THE LOST CHAMBERS AQUARIUM
The Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis the Palm is one of the largest aquariums in the world, with more than 65,000 marine species. You can find it at The Avenue. There are over 21 exhibits to explore. Here are the experience offered at the popular Atlantis The Palm Aquarium:
ONE DAY PASS
Witness the creatures of the deep in all their glory at the Ambassador Lagoon, an 11-million-litre aquarium, for AED 135. There is also the Fish Tales Tour which you can add to your aquarium ticket.
SWIM WITH THE FISH
Walk underwater, snorkel or dive in the tank as 65,000 marine species, as sharks and colourful fish swim around you.
- Shark Safari: This 20-minute underwater activity starts at AED 610 and is allowed for visitors above 10 years of age. You are required to bring your own swimwear.
- Aquatrek Extreme: Visitors older than 12 can indulge in this experience, starting at AED 970. Wet suits and towels are provided.
- Ultimate Snorkel: Visitors 6-years-old and above can dive into the depths of the aquarium for 20 minutes with free same-day access to The Lost Chambers Aquarium — for a starting price of AED 445.
- Shark Snorkel: This has the same perks as the above but with same-day access to Aquaventure and discounted price for the aquarium — AED 515.
- Dive Explore: Spend 30 minutes in the tank for AED 1,200, provided that you are 10 or older.
- Predator Dive: This option is only for certified divers. It includes stingray feeding, a tour of the Ambassador Lagoon, swim gear and more. The price for it is AED 2,655 per diver.
- Underwater Wellness: Perform Hatha Yoga with the aquarium as a backdrop — available from 08:00 am to 09:00 pm for AED 160 per head. Advance booking is required. Aside from this, you can indulge in some Sound Healing Meditation for AED 175.
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Teens or kids aged 13 to 17 can enjoy activities at The Zone, which is a dedicated “hangout space.” Atlantis The Palm is also known for the Atlantis Explorers Club, designed for kids aged 4 to 12.
- The Zone timings: 01:00 pm to 05:00 pm (afternoon) | 06:00 pm to 10:00 pm (evening)
- Club timings: 01:00 pm to 05:00 pm (afternoon) | 06:00 pm to 10:00 pm (evening)
Parents and guardians can also hire professional babysitters to take care of the little ones while they enjoy their trip. However, you need to book this service 24 hours in advance.
- Babysitting fee: AED 120 per hour (for a minimum of three hours)
Other areas dedicated to kids include youth programmes and Little Pirates Playground.
ATLANTIS THE PALM RESTAURANTS
- Nobu: Enjoy tantalising Peruvian-Japanese cuisine by chef Nobu Matsuhisa
- Hakkasan: This Michelin-starred restaurant in Dubai is well worth a visit at Atlantis The Palm
- Bread Street Kitchen: Gordon Ramsey hits it out of the culinary ballpark with British classics at Bread Street Kitchen.
- Ossiano: This Michelin-starred eatery offers a seafood fine dining experience.
Aside from these, you can visit these restaurants:
- Seafire Steakhouse and Bar
- En Fuego
- Street Pizza
Rejuvenate yourself at the Atlantis The Palm spa. AWAKEN offers everything from Reiki-certified therapists to a modern fitness centre. Enjoy a Swedish massage or other specialised services like chakra balancing. Other offers include assisted meditation, yoga and cryotherapy.
For guests who always like to look their best, there is the ALKEMY Salon which caters to both male and female customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time is check-in and check-out at the hotel?
Check-in timings are 03:00 pm, while check-out is at 12:00 pm. Early check-in is subject to availability. The age limit for booking is 18.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed in the hotel premises.
What are the Aquaventure Park opening hours?
The waterpark is open from 09:30 am to 06:00 pm.
How do I get to the hotel?
You can use the Palm Monorail to reach the hotel. It runs from 09:00 am until 10:00 pm.
With all honesty, the experience that awaits you at Atlantis the Palm Hotel cannot be put into words. One needs to visit this amazing destination more than once to discover all the stunning aspects.
If you are staying in Atlantis, don’t forget to explore the many attractions in Dubai.