- Global Village 2020
- Global Village 2020 Opening date
- Global Village activities
- Ticket price
- Global Village location
- Getting there
Global Village, one of the most anticipated recreational and entertainment destinations in Dubai plans to re-open its doors to the public on October 25, 2020. This year the leisure and entertainment hub celebrates its 25th anniversary, with millions expected to visit the iconic destination. From much-awaited attractions to dining options and music and dance shows, here’s what you need to know about the upcoming outdoor fair and cultural extravaganza.
Why visit Global Village 2020?
For its Silver Jubilee, Global Village UAE plans to offer more than 40,000 events, shows and activities. The multicultural event venue has also been awarded the “Dubai Assured” stamp from the Dubai Municipality — thereby proving that all necessary health protocols are enabled for the safety of visitors.
A visit to Global Village 2020 is your chance to witness the international cultural diversity come to life. One of the best places for family-friendly activities in Dubai, the fair features a host of different activities that are fun and entertaining for people of all ages. From stunt shows to heritage shops and street food kiosks, get ready to spice up your time in Dubai with the Global Village reopening this year.
When Is the Dubai Global Village opening date for 2020?
Global Village Dubai 2020 dates
The Global Village 2020 opening date is 25 October 2020. As per their official website, Season 25 of the festival will continue until 18 April 2021.
Activities at Global Village
There’s plenty to keep everyone engaged at this iconic entertainment and shopping destination. Before you plan your trip, let’s look at all the things you can do in Global Village 2020, Dubai. That way, you’ll know exactly what you’re in for at this year’s festival and have a clear idea of how you wish to spend your time there. From shopping options to entertainment galore, here’s what Global Village’s 25th edition is all about.
The Global Village fair is ideal for anyone who wants to experience “bazaar-style” shopping at its best. Like every year, several retail brands and businesses from all around the world will be setting up pavilions and outlets at the festivities.
Countries from across the globe will have their own pavilions at the village, with products and food items typical to their culture, heritage and history. According to the park’s website, countries from the MENA region, Far East, Europe, Africa, South Asia and The Americas will have their pavilions running throughout Season 25.
The event has always been a shopaholic’s paradise, thanks to the many stalls and retail outlets that plan to set up here. Apart from the umpteen stalls run by small business owners in the international pavilions, visitors can shop at many branded retail outlets as well. Some of these include XPressions Style, Anwar Dar Al Oud Perfumes, Sahar Qamar and more.
What’s a fair without food? There’s plenty of street food stalls and dine-in restaurants at Global Village, to let visitors savour flavours from around the world. Season 25 of Global Village will see 140 food kiosks, most of them located on the dedicated food street. Some of the delicious foods on offer are authentic Thai, Egyptian koshari, Turkish potato, dynamite shrimp, hot dogs, pizza cones, kebabs, burgers, shawarma, churros, raclette cheese, Louisiana fried chicken and Japanese desserts.
Additionally, visitors can also try out any of the several food trolleys, cafes and restaurants. For a more offbeat foodie experience, visitors can head to the Floating Market – with stalls aboard boats offering East Asian cuisines – the Indian chaat bazaar, fruit bazaar and more. For a bite or sip on the go, you can have your pick of candy floss, salted corn, karak tea, or the popular traditional Emirati sweet luqaimat – fried dough dumplings with syrup or honey.
For a leisurely sit-down meal with family or friends, the many restaurants offer everything from biryani to grills, with cuisines ranging from Arabic, Indian, Pakistani to East Asian and Italian.
Brace yourself for a taste of authentic cuisines and a culinary journey that will take you on a roller coaster ride of flavours – these stalls and restaurants in Global Village are an absolute treat for the foodies in Dubai.
Shows and more
Apart from some retail therapy, Global Village Dubai will have plenty to keep visitors entertained, from street artists to kid-friendly entertainment and more.
Stage shows like Ballet Revolucion, Bollywood Icon and Fiestaval wowed crowds during the festival’s 24th season. These stage shows return to mesmerise you for Season 25 as well. Apart from that, look out for the following shows at this year’s Global Village festival:
- Battle for the Block – a street dance battle between different dance squads
- Urban Crew – watch the Philippines-based dance crew perform live
- The Enchanted Forest – a Red Riding Hood story with new surprises and adventures
- KPOP Krazy – enjoy the greatest KPop hits at Global Village 2020
- African Spirit – watch the specialist performers from Africa – dancers, drummers and singers set the Global Village stage on fire with their performance.
SHOWS FOR KIDS
Kids saw their favourite costumed TV characters like PJ Masks and Angry Birds perform on stage during Global Village 2019. They will enjoy these shows this year too along with other fun shows like Chhota Bheem and Ben & Holly.
The fair returns with a range of “scintillating street acts” like the Double Dutch Skippers, Bollywood Flash Mob and more. Keep your cameras ready!
Prepare to see death-defying stunts at Global Village Dubai 2020. From buggies to tanks and gravity-defying tricks and explosions, the festival’s 25th season promises to be as exciting as the last.
Dubai Global Village Carnaval
Global Village is a complete destination for the entire family, including the little ones. Topping the list of kids’ activities in Global Village is the ‘Carnaval’ area. The place will keep you busy for hours with its exciting array of skill-based games and more than 100 arcade games and over 31 exhilarating rides. Just so you know, the Global Village Carnaval is equally good for thrill-seeking and fun-loving adults!
Global Village Events
The Global Village is yet to release its full list of events for this year, but here’s a list of the confirmed events we know of so far:
- Fireworks: set to happen every week on Thursday and Friday at 09:00 pm.
- The Rockin’ 1000 Global Gig: A virtual concert with more than 2,500 performing musicians, scheduled for Friday, 30 October 2020.
Keep watching this space for more updates!
Global Village 2020 timing
- Sunday to Wednesday: 04:00 pm to 12:00 am (last entry at 11:30 pm)
- Thursday and Friday: 04:00 pm to 01:00 am (last entry at 12:30 pm)
- Saturday: 02:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Mondays are family days, so while the Global Village Dubai timings remain the same, entry is only allowed to women, couples and families unless Monday is also a public holiday. All in all, the Global Village family day is one of the most popular days to visit the park.
Global Village 2020 tickets price
Visitors to the Global Village 2020 Dubai can enter the venue through any of two gates — the Gate of the World and the Cultural Gate. Here is an overview of ticket prices:
- Global Village Ticket Price: AED 15 per person
- Free entry for children aged less than 3 and senior citizens aged above 65
- People of Determination with one caretaker, enter free of charge.
The following terms and conditions apply to the purchase of Global Village entry tickets.
- Season 25 entry tickets are valid from October 2020 to April 2021 or as such circumstances require
- All purchased Global Village tickets are non-refundable
- An entry ticket is only valid for a single entry for one person on the day of purchase. The same cannot be used for multiple entries.
- Free entry for people of determination is guaranteed only for the basis of their ID cards.
- Ticket price includes 5% VAT.
Besides this, be mindful of the following things:
- Pets and animals are not permitted inside the Global Village park
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the park, including restaurants and the funfair
- You are not allowed to bring hoverboards, tricycles, bicycles, roller skates, and skateboards inside the Global Village park.
Where do I purchase tickets for Global Village 2020?
Tickets to the Global Village can be purchased at the gate from 03:30 pm daily, until a half-hour before the park closes. You can also download the GV app from App Store or Google Play to pay for your tickets and other transactions at Global Village 2020.
Global Village VIP Packages
This is the festival’s 25th season! The Global Village has teamed up with Virgin Megastore to mark its Silver Jubilee by releasing VIP Packs. Available from October 3rd 2020, the Silver Jubilee VIP Packs will be sold online via the Virgin Megastore website. VIP Pack holders are in for a bevy of benefits at the Global Village which includes:
- VIP parking
- Skipping the queue
- Restaurant reservations
- Dedicated concierge service and VIP hotline
- Exclusive offers from Global Village partners
Here is what you can expect to pay for the VIP packs:
- Platinum: AED 5,000
- Gold: AED 1,800
- Silver: AED 1,200
Also included in the packs are exclusive offers from Dubai Parks & Resorts, The Green Planet, Roxy Cinemas and Laguna Waterpark. Your chosen VIP Pack will be delivered to you wherever you reside in the UAE. You can buy up to eight packs per Emirates ID. Stocks are limited so be prepared to act fast!
Global Village Location
- Location: Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road
- Contact: +971-4-362-4114
How to go to Global Village?
The Global Village location is conveniently accessible by those living in Motor City or villas in Arabian Ranches. Situated along Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, close to the Cityland Mall, the park is easily reachable by car. The best way to get to Global Village is to drive or use one of the car-sharing services in Dubai.
If you’re looking for public transport options, take the bus 102, 103, 104 or 106. All four buses will bring you straight to Global Village. Plus, taking the bus is the cheapest way to reach the venue. It’s also important to keep track of the Global village opening and closing times to ensure you do not miss the last bus out of the area.
As for parking, there are spaces available for around 23,000 cars at the venue with multiple exit and entry points.
What to Expect from 25th Season of Global Village
Besides the funfair and facilities marvels, Global Village is all about lights and festivities. It’s a celebration of diversity in its truest sense. Imagine people, products, trade and heritage from different countries coming together at one place – Global Village.
In addition, there will be strict health and safety protocols to be followed. All guests must:
- Wear face masks at all times
- Maintain 2-metre physical distance from other people
- Elderly guests and people with chronic illnesses should avoid crowded areas during their visit
- People with symptoms like cough and fever should refrain from visiting Global Village
As precautionary measures, the park will also have:
- Thermal cameras installed at all entry points
- Over 600 hand sanitisers installed all over the park premises
- Disinfection of shopping trolleys, wheelchairs and kiosk utensils after each use
- Physical distancing and disinfection of tables and chairs at restaurants
- Dedicated seating area with physical distancing in front of the stage
Looking for more budget-friendly pursuits for your kids? There are several free activities in Dubai for kids if you know where to look. For a better experience, consider the many play areas for kids in Dubai.
Stay tuned to MyBayut for more updates on the ultimate shopping extravaganza of the year.