If you are looking for a thrilling place to cool off this summer, Aquaventure Waterpark is the place to be at. Located on the ground of the famous Atlantis The Palm, Aquaventure is the largest waterpark in Dubai. It was recognised as “Middle East’s Leading Water Park” in 2016 by World Travel Awards, an international program that rewards worldwide leaders in hospitality, airline and tourism industries.
This famous waterpark in Dubai has been attracting tourists and residents alike since its inception in 2008. Aquaventure in Atlantis even made it to the list of the world’s top 10 waterparks by AECOM and Themed Entertainment Association in 2011. However, it’s not just a waterpark. Today, MyBayut will tell you all that this attraction in Dubai has to offer in addition to its famous waterpark facilities. Read on to find out more about Aquaventure ticket prices, timings, dress code and more.
We thought it would be easier for you if we explain how to get to Aquaventure, before going into the details of activities to try here. The Aquaventure location is a fairly well-known one, as the park is located within Atlantis. If you are hailing a taxi, rest assured that most drivers would be familiar with the location. You can also use public transport to get to this destination.
- The easiest way to reach Aquaventure Waterpark is via the Palm Monorail from the Palm Gateway.
- In case you are arriving from Dubai Marina, you could take the tram to Palm Jumeirah.
- The Dubai Metro’s red line has a stop at DMCC which is very close to the tram station in Dubai Marina. This is the easiest way to get to Aquaventure using public transportation.
As you can see, Aquaventure is located adjacent to Zone J in Atlantis. Zones J to O include activities such as Dolphin Bay and Sea Lion.
Aquaventure Dubai Rides
There are a number of activities in Aquaventure that water lovers will definitely enjoy. You could have a fun day out with friends and family enjoying these thrilling Aquaventure rides.
Aquaventure waterpark rides
Let’s take a look at some of the most exciting waterpark activities in Aquaventure.
There are two series of water slides at Aquaventure: The Tower of Poseidon and The Tower of Neptune. There are a series of water slides in Aquaventure at both these sections.
- The Tower of Poseidon includes Aquaconda, the largest waterslide in the world that goes through a twisting dark tunnel before dropping you into the world’s largest fibreglass tube!
- It also has Poseidon’s Revenge, which takes you underneath a trapdoor, plummeting you 75 feet before you pass the double loop of the slide.
- The Tower of Poseidon has two more exciting water slides: Zoomerango and Slitherine.
- The Tower of Neptune, on the other hand, has three rides: Shark Attack, The Leap of Faith and Water Coasters.
- The Leap of Faith, by far, is the best of them all. You take a 27.5-metre plunge and go through a transparent tube that has sharks around it!
- Grab an inner-tube and get ready to enjoy the river rides at Aquaventure. There is the 1.6-km long The Rapids river ride.
- You could also take a dip in the Zero Entry Pools.
- The Torrent is the most attractive river ride, as it creates waves as high as over a metre.
If you fancy marine life, the Shark Safari in Aquaventure will be perfect for you. The Shark Lagoon at Aquaventure Waterpark lets you experience this marine animal adventure.
- The minimum age for this ride in Aquaventure is 8 years.
- For in-house guests, the price for Shark Safari starts at AED 320 and for day visitors it starts at AED 340.
Cownose Ray Feeding
You can head into the shark lagoon and feed the Cownose Ray fish with your own hands! The marine experts tell you all about the needed safety there.
- In-house Atlantis hotel guests can pay as low as AED 165 for this adventure, while day visitors have to pay a minimum of AED 185.
Aquaventure Beach & Relaxation
If you want to unwind after a long day, you could take a stroll along the Aquaventure beach. You can book a private Cabana there or enjoy reserved seating at Neptune’s Retreat at the beach.
- Call +971-4-426-1169 to book any of these before your visit.
Splashers Kid’s Play Area
For kids (including anyone up to 1.2 metres in height), there’s the Splashers Kid’s Play Area.
- You can enjoy the water sprays and two huge tipping buckets splashing water at the Splashers Mountain.
- There’s Splashers Island as well that opened last summer. It has seven exciting waterslides for the younger adrenaline junkies in your family.
- Your child can also hit any of the 14 water slides, including The Blaze, The Wave and The Cyclone.
Sea Lion Point
For children aged 6 and above, and those having an accompanying adult if they are under 13, there’s Sea Lion Point.
- You can get to see charming marine creatures and take photos without having to go in the water.
- An Observer Pass lets you view from a distance as your family visits Sea Lion Point.
- There’s a Sea Lion Discovery program as well which includes a 10-minute expert-led orientation and offers wet suits. It also offers 25% off on same-day admission to The Lost Chambers Aquarium.
The Lost Chambers Aquarium
This is one of the largest aquariums in the UAE. It has more than 65,000 marine animal species, including jellyfishes, colourful fishes rays and reef sharks. You also get to learn about the myth of the lost city of Atlantis, a once-grand empire that sunk into the waters over time and got forgotten by civilisation.
The experience actually feels like you are passing a sunken city as it has caverns and windows that open into aquatic heaven! If you are a UAE resident, you can save more on entry to The Lost Aquarium by availing discount.
In terms of the cost for entry to the Lost Chambers, there are different prices for UAE residents and tourists. There are additional charges based on the activities you choose.
Adults who are UAE residents have to pay AED 85 instead of the AED 135 non-residents pay. Children who are UAE residents have to pay AED 65 instead of the AED 95 per head for non-resident children. If you are staying at the Atlantis hotel, your entry would be free.
You can hit the Dolphin Bay located near the Aquaventure waterpark rides to enjoy this natural dolphin habitat.
- It offers a Dolphin Encounter, which is for all ages and swimmers.
- The Dolphin Adventure is for expert swimmers and children over eight years.
- The Royal Swim lets you hug and swim with dolphins in deep water.
- Certified scuba divers can enjoy the Dolphin Scuba Dive to play with dolphins underwater.
- You can also take photos with the dolphins without getting into the water.
You can also scuba dive or go snorkelling in The Lost Aquarium.
- Both certified and non-certified divers can enjoy various dives.
- Ultimate Snorkel lets you snorkel in the Ambassador Lagoon, while Atlantis Aquatrek lets you walk with the marine animals underwater, wearing a suit.
- Atlantis Dive Discovery offers you a learn-as-you-go experience to diving before you meet the fish.
- Expert certified divers can enjoy the 30-minute-long Atlantis Dive Explorer offer and the Predator Dive lets certified divers hand-feed rays and sharks at night time.
- Children under 16 need to come along with an adult having diving certification.
Restaurants at Aquaventure
If you get tired of all the adventure and need to eat, there are a number of restaurants at Aquaventure you could check out.
If you need to have a simple but filling meal with your family, head to Shark Bites. This place serves traditional Arabic cuisine as well as sandwiches, pizzas and burgers. It has both outdoor and indoor seating.
If you are craving a nice hot dog head down to Splashers. This restaurant in Aquaventure also has sandwiches, burgers and drinks to keep you energised.
Visitors who love eastern food like to go to Barracudas. This restaurant at Aquaventure serves shawarma, dosa, falafel, pizza, Chinese noodles and fried chicken.
Instead of a meal, you can enjoy a small snack such as a pastry or cake along with coffee or tea. Snappers is the perfect spot for that. They also have frozen beverages to cool you down on a humid day.
Kids demanding ice cream? Head over to Lagoons. The place also has all sorts of milkshakes to fill you up.
This Aquaventure restaurant has outdoor seating. It offers cold drinks, sandwiches, hot dogs and shawarmas among other items on its menu.
In addition to all these restaurants at Aquaventure, there are a number of kiosks built here and there throughout the park too. You can always get a small snack there.
Aquaventure Waterpark Tickets
A lot of tourists will often ask if one can buy tickets to the Atlantis water park. There are some people who also are often doubtful if the water park is free at Atlantis.
There are several options for people looking to buy tickets to Aquaventure. Visitors to the park who are not staying at the Atlantis hotel need to get a day pass, but hotel guests will usually get complimentary tickets. In order for you to buy Aquaventure tickets, you can either book online or buy tickets at the counters.
The Atlantis Aquaventure ticket price is AED 320 for a 1-Day Super Pass per adult and AED 260 for the same per child. For a 2-Day Mega Pass, adults can get them at AED 350 per head and kids can get them for AED 290 per head. Children up to 2 years of age can enter for free.
But the Aquaventure waterpark ticket prices can change drastically based on the extra activities or facilities you choose.
- For AED 955 and AED 1,165, you can rent a family cabana for up to six people.
- The medium cabana hosting up to 10 people can be rented for AED 1,255 to AED 1,465.
- The Aquaventure Dubai prices for a large cabana are between AED 1,805 and AED 2,065, for a maximum of 15 persons.
- Their largest cabana is the Extra Large Cabana, hosting a maximum of 20 people for AED 2,255 to AED 2,890. Prices change seasonally and lockers, water and fruit are included.
- To book reserved seats at Neptune’s Retreat, you can get two reserved sun beds for AED 325. This will be inclusive of all-day hosting, water and fruit. You can also rent a small locker for your stuff for AED 45 and a large one for AED 75.
- Adults (people over 1.2 metres) and children can also get the annual pass tickets to Aquaventure. For AED 990 per adult and AED 495 per child, you can enjoy year-long access to all the Aquaventure waterpark adventures! Also, you can enjoy a free day pass to enter any day during your birthday week.
Aquaventure Waterpark discount
Apart from these options if you run a quick search for Aquaventure deals on Groupon or Cobone, and you might get amazing offers and discounts. The Atlantis Dubai booking services can also be approached directly for purchasing tickets to this family-friendly attraction in Dubai.
Aquaventure Timings & Contact
The waterpark is located on The Palm Island, on Atlantis resort. The Aquaventure timings can be different during summers and Ramadan. So we recommend that you get in touch with them before planning a trip.
- Phone: +971-4-426-2000
- Timings: 10:00 am to 06:00 pm daily
What to wear to Aquaventure Waterpark Atlantis
The dress code for Aquaventure is a strict one. You have to be in swimming attire for all the rides. Regular diapers and nappies are not allowed on the rides or in swimming pools. You can get swimming diapers and nappies at the gift shops in the waterpark.
Is Visiting Aquaventure Worth it?
If you want to experience the best waterpark in the city, you must head to Aquaventure in Dubai. It is the perfect adventurous spot for adrenaline junkies. The Lost Chambers aquarium takes the waterpark experience to a whole new level. Tickets tend to get a bit pricey, so you could keep an eye out for Aquaventure deals to save up on that. The Leap of Faith remains our favourite attraction at the waterpark.
Note that people over 1.2 metres are considered adults in the Aquaventure Waterpark and will have to purchase an adult ticket, regardless of age. Children without accompanying adults must be at least 13 years old. Some rides are not allowed for people over 1.2 metres to ensure safety.
We hope this Aquaventure Waterpark review was helpful. You could also try water sports activities in Dubai. The humid metropolis has other waterparks too, such as Laguna Waterpark. To keep following more thrill-based updates, stay tuned to the best lifestyle & property blog in the UAE.