Glittering acrobats performing death-defying stunts several feet up in the air, dancers rising from the stage, spectacular singers, mesmerizing light shows and stellar storytelling through performances — these are just a few of the many experiences you can expect at La Perle Dubai.
La Perle by Dragone Dubai is the brainchild of producer and legendary creative director Franco Dragone —renowned for theatrical masterpieces like Cirque du Soleil. Brought to Dubai, courtesy of the Al Habtoor Group, La Perle Dubai is a visual masterpiece of immersive artistic performances, technology, and imagery.
To describe it best — La Perle is a show produced in Dubai, about Dubai. At its essence, this show is unique not only because it’s hosted in Dubai — a city known for its desert safaris, tall skyscrapers, and shopping hubs — but because it’s the first resident live show of its type in the city.
What does the show have to offer? Is it worth the hype and cost of admission? All that and more will be answered in our detailed review of La Perle by Gragone Dubai.
What is La Perle by Dragone?
The story of La Perle Dubai is as mesmerizing as the performances. It’s about a young girl who falls into a dreamlike state and travels through the UAE. In search of a lost pearl, the main character comes across more than 60 characters belonging to different cultures and worlds.
The La Perle Dubai showcase does credit to the show’s fame. From acrobats to motorcyclists that defy gravity — the show is extravagant, to say the least.La Perle is perfect for those who prefer shows with lots of variety. For example, there is an act where five motorcyclists perform stunts in a fast-paced Globe of Death sequence that has you fearing for their lives. For a touch of the Middle East, the show cleverly incorporates elements like whirling Turkish dervishes illuminated by lighted dervish clothing on a darkened stage. Other performances include a Chinese lion dance featuring incredible leaps on raised platforms.
Taking each segment of the story forward is a stout mime. Additionally, the show also features a series of vignettes that includes synchronised acrobatics, breath-taking projections, flawlessly timed leaps and 25-metre dives into a pool at the centre of the stage. In addition to the unique water stage, hypnotic light shows, the theatricality of the actors and giant golden puppets, every performance is designed to leave a lasting impression on the audience.
The show is nearly two hours long and features a cast of 65 world-class artists from over 23 different cultures.
The Venue and Stage
The La Perle show Dubai features a first of its kind aqua theatre. Designed to hold 2.7 litres of water, the stage can transform from a dry to a wet setting instantly. Additionally, there are cascading waterfalls and an on-stage pool in the centre of the auditorium which is the focal point of the show.
The theatre’s structure is also complemented by state of the art projection screens that stretch across the entirety of the space from the seats to the walls, floors and even the building’s dome. All of these elements come together to create an environment that can transform from a magical rainforest to a throne room in seconds.
La Perle Dubai Tickets and Timings
Ticket prices for La Perle Dubai are categorised according to their proximity to the stage and additional amenities. Dubbed bronze, silver, gold, platinum and VIP, here is a rundown of ticket prices at La Perle by Dragone:
- Bronze: Less than 14 rows from the stage for AED 420
- Silver: A little closer to the stage for AED 630
- Gold: Premium location closest to the acts for AED 840
- Platinum: The best viewing experience for AED 1,260
- VIP: A luxurious dining and viewing experience for AED 1,680
In addition to the best views and larger seats, VIP audiences are provided additional perks such as a complimentary Uber ride to and from the venue. They are also given exclusive access to the VIP lounge where they can sample an array of complementary beverages, candies, savoury and sweet snacks before the show.
La Perle Dubai Timing: 07:30 pm to 09:30 pm (Tuesday to Saturday)
La Perle Dubai offers everything to ensure that audiences have a comfortable experience. These are in the form of amenities like:
- Onsite concierge services
- Onsite ticketing
- Onsite Wifi
- Taxi drop off and pick up points
- An onsite medical team
In addition to this, visitors also have access to over 20 restaurants and bars like Zoco, World Cut Steakhouse, Namu and more. For differently abled guests, the theatre provides special access. There are also restroom facilities which are spread out across the theatre with each block featuring a family bathroom designed to accommodate disabled guests.
La Perle Dubai Location
The venue, Al Habtoor Theatre is right at the heart of Al Habtoor City near Downtown Dubai on the famed Sheikh Zayed Road. Traffic conditions in Dubai vary which is why we recommend reaching the venue 45 to 50 before the show starts.
La Perle Dubai Parking
The parking lot is situated right in front of the theatre. On that note, here is what you should know about the parking situation at the venue:
- Free Parking: To take advantage of complementary self-parking, follow the sign that says “Al Habtoor City Parking”
- Paid Parking: Paid parking services are available in the Safa park area adjacent to the theatre
- Valet Parking: If you would rather not search for a parking space yourself, you can always avail the venue’s valet parking services — available at the theatre’s entrance for AED 50.
Valet services are complementary for VIP ticket holders.
For more information, on additional services like special access bookings for accompanying special needs guests, refer to the following information:
- Contact: 04-437-0037
- Email for event bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Rules at La Perle?
Before booking tickets and visiting the venue, keep the following in mind:
- Children under 2 are not allowed in the theatre
- Older children are subject to pay regular ticket prices
- Guests asking for replacement tickets, in case of lost or damaged tickets, are required to provide proof of purchase at the ticket counter
- In the event that a show is canceled, guests will be re-scheduled or will be provided vouchers for their tickets
- Audience members coming to collect tickets will be required to produce credit cards used to make the purchase and a photo ID for verification
- In order to avoid disturbing audiences during the show, latecomers will only be provided access to the venue during a suitable break and may also be assigned different seats
The La Perle Dubai show provides a 360-degree experience where most performers emote towards the front. For a truly enhanced experience, we recommend choosing seats right at the front.
That’s all for our La Perle Dubai review. With a show that captures the minds of adults and children alike and a story that captures the spirit of Dubai, La Perle Dubai is truly designed to keep audiences engrossed throughout. Looking for other entertaining hotspots in the city? Make the most of it by checking out our review of the Smash Room and breakdown of the Museum of Illusions Dubai. For a better theatre experience, visit any of our top picks for the most unique cinemas in Dubai.