From Ben10 and Powerpuff Girls to the mighty Hulk and more, all your favourite characters come to life at the IMG Worlds of Adventure. It is the world’s largest temperature-controlled indoor amusement park, adding on to the list of world records set by the amazing city of Dubai. Opened on 31st August 2016, this sprawling park is one of the best recreational hotspots in Dubai that stretches across an area of 1.5 million sq. ft. Developed by the Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari (IMG) Group, IMG World has a capacity to house approximately 20,000 guests in a day. Today, we bring you our review of the IMG Worlds of Adventure. IMG has succeeded in enthralling millions with its many attractions. It also offers its patrons many rides, dining and shopping options.
The ‘Epic Zones’ in IMG Worlds of Adventure, Dubai
IMG Worlds has four themed areas, aptly dubbed as ‘Epic Zones’, and a 12-screen cinema. Every zone has attractions which are typical of that specific zone. Two of the five Epic Zones, feature world-renowned brands, Marvel and Cartoon Network. However, the other two are the original concepts pioneered by the IMG Group. These two are known as The Lost Valley and IMG Boulevard. The remaining fifth is the Novo Cinema that features 12 epic cinema screens playing different movies. Take a closer look at what each adventure zone has to offer.
The Marvel Zone quite naturally is the most famous section of the park. The Marvel Epic Zone offers several rides and attractions like Thor Thunder Spin, and Avenger’s Flight of the Quinjet with the following height and weight restrictions.
Thor Thunder Spin
- If you have an adult with you, 1.40 m height would suffice.
- Your maximum height should be 1.95 m.
Avenger’s Flight of the Quinjet
- If accompanied by an adult, you should be a minimum of 1.05 m tall to enjoy the ride.
- If unaccompanied, you should be at least 1.30 m tall.
There are also multiple Marvel-themed restaurants such as Tony’s Skydeck, Chang’s Golden Dragon, and Mama Scano’s of Yancy Street.
Tony’s Skydeck is on the upper floor of the Avengers Tower while the others are on different floors respectively. Tony’s Skydeck offers seafood and steak at an average price of AED 100.
Chang’s Golden Dragon, however, offers Thai Tom Yum Soup, Mushroom Onion Chilly, Korean Vegetables, Balinese Pot Vegetables, and Chicken and Cheese Fried Rice.
In the same vein, Mama Scano’s of Yancy Street offers Italian cuisine at an average price of AED 75. It is open from 11 am to 10 pm from Saturday to Friday.
From Tony’s headgear and Hulk fists to Thor’s Hammer, Marvel fans can easily get their hands on Marvel’s merchandise. They can also check out the retail options in the area such as Marvel Universe, Empire News and Comics and Avenger’s Exchange.
Most of us grew up watching Cartoon Network, so this adventure zone becomes all the more thrilling. We get to see our favourite characters coming to life, such as Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo and Dexter.
This area is home to various kid-friendly attractions in IMG Worlds of Adventure. However, that doesn’t mean that the park has nothing for older people. They can make the best of most rides and attractions of the park. These attractions include the Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, LazyTown, and The Amazing World of Gumball. Cartoon Network also holds around 5 rides, The Powerpuff Girls – Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage, and Ben10 5D Hero Time that adds a thrill to the life of the visitors.
The Powerpuff Girls – Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage!
- If you are riding alone, you should be a minimum of 1.35 m height.
- Your minimum height should be 1.25 m, in case you have an adult to accompany you.
Ben10 5D Hero Time
- You should be at least 1.30 m to avail the ride.
- You should drink plenty of water before taking a ride on a hot day.
Children can go gaga at the retail stores offering toys, games, and merchandises in this Zone. Cartoon Network Store deals in goods which are more pertinent to today’s content. The Amazing World of Gumball – The Store and Lazy Store are worth visiting. Cartoon Network also boasts some nice dining options like the CN Feast, Mr Smoothy, Richard’s Around the World Café and Finn & Jake’s – Everything Burrito.
You can enjoy Mac n Cheese and Hotdog at CN Feast, burgers at Mr.Smoothy at around AED 100 and cold beverages (Cafe Creme) and chocolate drinks Chocolate Frappe at Richard’s Around the World Café. However, if you crave for something Mexican, you can enjoy Tortillas with minced beef at Finn & Jake’s – Everything Burrito. This restaurant opens only for school trips and birthdays.
If you like to enjoy food, overlooking Dubai’s stunning skyline, explore 8 Best Rooftop Restaurants in Dubai.
Lost Valley – Dinosaur Adventures
Everyone knows Dinosaurs are cool and the Lost Valley kicks it up a notch. It brings to life the prehistoric world of dinosaurs, taking one back in time to a world that existed before us. There are quite a few rides which are as thrilling as the original concept behind this zone. These rides include The Velociraptor, Forbidden Territory, Predator, and the Adventure Fortress.
- You should use the safety equipment provided.
- You should be at least 1.30 m tall.
- Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes and clothing
while taking a ride.
- Your height should be 1.30 m to avail the ride.
- If accompanied by an adult, your minimum height should be 1.05 m.
- You should be in good health to ride safely.
- Your height should be 1.25 m.
- If accompanied by an adult, your height should be 0.95 m.
- If riding alone, you should be 1.25 m tall.
If scary and thrilling rides are your thing, you can also check out the best thrilling rides at Wild Wadi Waterpark.
There are also three restaurants in this zone, Spice Valley, 360 Express and The Carnivore Hut. Brought to you by Wingstop, the Carnivore Hut features classic American Chicken Wings and has been operating for decades. However, the Spice Valley offers Indian cuisine, such as Shahi Paneer, Paneer Tikka Masala and Malai Kofta. 360 Express, however, features hotdogs and gourmet burgers.
IMG Boulevard is the last remaining Epic Zone and perhaps the most tantalizing one. The Haunted Hotel here features a scary maze of corridors and changing backdrops as you encounter scary characters all around, thus challenging your nerves as you try finding the exit. However, this attraction is only accessible to guests aged 15 and above.
There are also a few diners in this section such as the Popcorn Factory, The Coffeehouse and Flavors of Arabia. The Popcorn Factory offers Bacon Cheddar and Butter Cheese Popcorn while The Coffeehouse offers pancakes, waffles and crêpes. As far as the Flavors of Arabia is concerned, it serves Grilled Vegetables and Falafel Shawarma.
IMG Boulevard also boasts multiple shopping outlets, like the Haunted Hotel Store, Adventure Photography, and the IMG Emporium offering the best souvenirs.
Novo Cinemas, though not exactly an Epic Zone, is still a significant part of IMG. In collaboration with Novo Cinemas, IMG World hasset upp a 12-screen multiplex cinema, with a dedicated entrance for the general public. It has retail and dining options of its own. It also features both IMAX and VIP cinemas, giving movie-goers an entirely different experience.
IMG World Tickets
There are different types of tickets and passes for the IMG World of Adventures, Dubai.
- The Park admission is for AED 285
- Junior Admission (patrons under 1.2m in height) is for AED 255
- Senior Citizens (Above 60) can avail the ticket at AED 175
- Guest with Disabilities: Over 1.2m in height AED 168 and under AED 115
- There is also annual membership for the Park for AED 383 that gives unlimited access to all the rides and attractions throughout the park, except for special events.
As the ticket queues are often long and take time, it is advised to purchase your tickets online. The park is a fabulous attraction for UAE residents and visitors alike. The fact that the attraction has gained so much momentum has further increased the value of the sale properties in Dubailand.
Additional Information and IMG Worlds’ Timings
- The Park timings are from 11 AM to 8 PM, Sunday-Wednesday
- The park closes at around 10 PM on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- IMG Worlds of Adventure is open all-year-round around, 365 days
- Attraction Queues, close at park closing time, except the Haunted Hotel, shuts down 2 hours prior to the park closing time
- There are storage lockers available to the patrons, with small ones for AED 45 and Jumbo lockers for AED 60 per day
- There is also valet parking services for some additional fee.
Timings Based On Different Occasions
- Halloween Night – 11 AM to 12 PM,
- Diwali- 11 AM- 10 PM. Martyr’s / National Day – 11 AM to 10 PM
- Polar Party 7 PM to 12 AM,
- Winter Fest 11 AM to 10 PM
- the New Year’s 11 AM to 1 PM
To make your experience as convenient as possible, there are ATMs at the main entrance in the entrance lobby of the park. In cases of emergency, you can head over to the guest relations in the Lost Valley and seek help. There are many public toilets at five key positions throughout the park which are the entrance lobby, IMG Boulevard, Marvel Zone, Cartoon Network Zone, and the Lost Valley zone. These bathrooms are handicap friendly and have baby changing facilities.
Wheelchairs are available and are given at a first come first served basis. You have to provide your valid ID card to get them. Strollers are also available for rent in single and double sizes, with charges of AED 40 and AED 60 respectively.
The IMG Worlds of Adventure, is one of the best indoors theme parks in the UAE and is a great destination in the scorching Emirati summers. The rides are fun for both children and adults alike. It is ideal for families with children, young adults, individuals and even couples.