If there is ever a weekend in Dubai where you are wondering what to do and drawing a blank, you need to look no further than the Meraas owned Dubai Parks and Resorts that combines the fun of three completely different types of theme parks, along with a gorgeous recreation of Europe and enough food outlets to keep even the most discerning gastronomes satisfied. If you are planning a trip to the Dubai Parks and Resorts, we have put together a handy guide to all the theme parks there; Legoland, Legoland Waterpark, Motiongate and Bollywood Parks Dubai, along with the other key things to do in Dubai Parks and Resorts including Riverlands and the Lapita hotel.
The Dubai Parks and Resorts Theme Parks:
One of the key attractions in this ultimate leisure destination in Dubai is the fact there are four different theme parks to chose from! From Legoland which is sure to get your little builders excited, to Motiongate where you can experience the thrills of a Hollywood-style high-octane sequence, there’s plenty to keep people of all ages engaged and entertained at these famous theme parks in Dubai. Take a closer look at all the rides in Dubai Parks and Resorts and other main attractions.
Dubai Parks and Resorts: Motiongate
One for the movie buffs, this famous theme park in Dubai combines beloved projects from DreamWorks Animation, Columbia Pictures and Lionsgate, to bring you some amazing Hollywood inspired rides and attractions.
In the Columbia Pictures section, you can chase the supernatural elements from Ghostbusters, watch as meatballs drop through the cloudy skies and even get to enter the secret lairs of the Underworld! At the Smurfs Village, you can join the adventures of your favourite blue-skinned folks and be charmed by their mushroom-top houses and enthralled by their antics. Stop next at the DreamWorks world and go on a soaring adventure with Toothless, help Shrek find his princess, roar with Alex and his crew at Madagascar and get your Kung Fu lessons with Po and the Furious Five! After your dose of animated fun, head to Lionsgate for edgier adventures with the Hunger Games crew and bring on your best dance moves for the Step Up dance spectacular. Once you are done with the thrilling rides at this popular amusement park in Dubai Parks and Resort, you can also check out Studio Central, which brings to life the Golden Age of Hollywood, and indulges you with some behind the scenes entertainment.
There are ongoing shows throughout the day at Motiongate, so be sure to catch a few when you visit this park, which is often featured on the list of top 10 theme parks in Dubai. Children will also enjoy the chance to take pictures with some of their favourite characters from these movie universes.
Zones: Columbia Pictures, Smurfs Village, DreamWorks, Lionsgate and Studio Central.
Popular Rides at Motiongate: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs- River Expedition, Zombieland Blast-Off, Ghostbusters Battle for New York, The Green Hornet- High-Speed Chase, Smurf Village Express and Swamp Celebration.
Dubai Parks and Resorts: Legoland and Legoland Waterworld
With over 40 Lego-themed attractions and rides, Legoland is one of the best theme parks in Dubai, perfect for children aged 2-12. There are several zones to explore in Legoland including Factory (to see how Lego blocks are made), Lego City (An entire lego-themed city, where your little ones can even get their own Legoland Driving License!), Imagination (you can get creative with your lego building skills), Kingdoms (medieval-themed Lego city with plenty of rides and attractions), Adventure and Miniland. The Legoland waterpark also has a variety of rides where you can splash around with friends and family.
Zones: Factory, Lego City, Imagination, Kingdoms, Adventure, Miniland and Waterpark
Popular rides and attractions at Legoland Dubai: Beetle Bounce, Dragon’s Apprentice, Lego City Airport, Kid Power Towers, Lost Kingdom Adventure, Merlin’s Challenge and Pharoah’s Revenge.
Popular rides and attractions at Legoland Waterpark: Joker Soaker, Lego Slide Racers, Red Rush, Twin Chasers and Wave Rider.
Dubai Parks and Resorts: Bollywood Parks
If you have ever fancied being a part of the glamorous extravaganzas that is characteristic of the Bollywood film industry, this famous theme park in Dubai is sure to excite you. Divided into Bollywood Boulevard, Mumbai Chowk, Rustic Ravine, Royal Plaza and Bollywood Film Studios, there are various rides, shows and Indian restaurants here making it the perfect destination for fans of the dazzle of the Indian film industry. You can even meet your favourite Indian superheroes, Krrish and Ra.One, relive the rustic brilliance of films such as Lagaan and Sholay and even experience the grandeur of a Bollywood musical at this Dubai theme park.
Zones: Bollywood Boulevard, Mumbai Chowk, Rustic Ravine, Royal Plaza, Bollywood Film Studios
Popular rides and attractions at Bollywood Parks Dubai: Lagaan- Thrill of Victory, Sholay- The Hunt for Gabbar Singh, Dabangg – Stunt Spectacular Show, Ra.One – Unleashed and Krrish – Hero’s Flight.
Built around the artificial lake in the destination, Riverland is a beautiful recreation of iconic locations in Europe, Asia and America. Split into The French Village, Boardwalk, India Gate, and The Peninsula, lined with restaurants and boutique stores this is one of the free things do in Dubai Parks and Resorts. The management also organises outdoor movie screenings, fireworks and other events in this attraction at Dubai Parks and Resorts.
Popular Restaurants at Riverland Dubai
Many of the restaurants and cafes here are found in Riverland. Here is a list of the popular restaurants in Dubai Parks and Resorts:
- The Coffee Club: Australian cafe famous for breakfasts, coffee and continental cuisine
- Al Mashowa: Traditional Emirati delicacies
- Barbecue Delights: A celebration of flavours from India, Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Big Chefs: Laid back, casual dining with a great selection of eclectic dishes
- Bol Gappa: Contemporary fusion India street food
- Ella’s Creamery: Unicorn themed deserts, an assortment of sundaes and more frozen treats
- Famous Dave’s: Barbecues, meaty delights and more
- Katsuya by Starck: A collaboration between Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi & design maverick Philippe Starck
- Leopold’s Of London: Continental cuisine curated from around Europe and the Mediterranean
- Olive Garden: Popular Italian restaurant
- Irish Village: Licensed restaurant with the best pub grub from the land of shamrocks.
There are is also a rather massive outlet of McDonald’s, a Costa Coffee and Starbucks to further satisfy your gastronomic cravings.
Polynesian themed Dubai Parks and Resorts hotel: Lapita
A Polynesian themed resort in the heart of the development, Lapita is an idyllic gateway, conveniently located near all the attractions in the parks. Perfect for those who enjoy staycations in Dubai, stay in the hotel usually include access to the parks. Designed to perfection to recreate the holiday vibes of the Polynesian islands, this resort is full of charming details and boasts a competent staff that is known to look after their patrons well. Keep your eyes open for any special deals, as they often have amazing offers designed to help you and your family experience all the fun things to do in Dubai Parks and Resorts. There are restaurants, bars and spas in Lapita for guests to enjoy.
Dubai Parks and Resorts Tickets
There are multiple types of tickets for Dubai Parks and Resorts. You can either combine the visits to all the parks under an all-inclusive ticket or get individual tickets for each attraction here. We would recommend booking the tickets online on the official website to avoid any long queues at the park.
Annual Passes for Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Motiongate Dubai Annual Pass: AED 345
- Legoland Dubai Annual Pass: AED 345
- 2 Parks Annual pass: AED 475
- All Parks Annual Pass: AED 595
Please note that all annual passes include a 10% discount on dining and retail outlets.
Tourist Ticket Prices for Dubai Parks and Resorts:
- Single Day Bollywood Parks Tickets per persons over the age of 3: AED 175
- Single Day Motiongate Tickets per persons over the age of 3: AED 245
- Single Day Legoland Tickets per persons over the age of 3: AED 245
- Single Day Legoland Waterpark Tickets per persons over the age of 3: AED 245
- One Day and 2 Parks Tickets per persons over the age of 3: AED 295
- 2-Day all Parks Tickets per persons over the age of 3: AED 525
When buying tickets to Dubai Parks and Resorts, be sure to also check on their ongoing offers to find out what suits you best.
Getting to Dubai Parks and Resorts
- The Parks are located close to Jebel Ali, just off Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite Palm Jebel Ali. If you are coming from Dubai on the E11 Highway (Sheikh Zayed Road), towards Abu Dhabi, take the Dubai Parks and Resorts Exit 5. Follow the signage to Parking and drop your car off. There are also signs to VIP Parking, do not take this unless you want to choose this option.
- The contact number for the parks is 800 2629464.
- In terms of opening times for Dubai Parks and Resorts, the individual parks here open at different times and they change based on the summer and winter schedule. We recommend that you take a look at the official website for the accurate timings. Kindly note that all rides will close 30 minutes prior to the closing time.
- The parking is not free until 6:30 pm. The general parking is AED 20, Covered VIP Parking is AED 100 and Valet Parking is AED 150. Annual Pass holders are entitled to free parking.
- There is a shuttle bus that transports you from the Visitor Parking to the parks. There are also paid buggies rides if you find it tiring to walk around the park.
- You can organise events and weddings in Dubai at these venues. Kindly reach out to the management on 800 AMAZING (2629464) for more details.
- The Outlet Village is located nearby, so you can pop in to stock up your designer wear after a fun time at the parks.
There you have it! The complete guide to one of the best theme parks and resorts in Dubai. If you are looking for similar fun days out in the capital, don’t forget to also check out our reviews of Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and Ferrari World. Stay tuned to the MyBayut blog for more details on attractions from across the UAE.