Who knew Dubai – the city known for its hot and humid climate – could receive snowfall all year round? Maintaining a consistent temperature of -4°C throughout the year, Ski Dubai is the world’s third-largest indoor ski resort. It is located inside the Mall of the Emirates, one of the most popular shopping malls in Dubai. Today, MyBayut takes you on a chilly tour of the UAE’s first and largest indoor ski resort.
About Ski Dubai in MOE
The indoor ski resort, which opened to the public in November 2005, covers 22,500 sq. m of area. It’s considered to be one of the most adventurous things to do in Dubai. The adventurous resort features an 85-metre mountain top which is as high as a 25-storey building! One of the things that visitors often enjoy doing in the park, is climbing that mountain top to enjoy the exciting Mountain Thriller ride which takes you at a speed of up to 46 kilometres per hour! This ride is certainly not for the faint-hearted!
By hopping onto the chair lift or leaning against the T-bar, you can take in the splendour of 6,000 tonnes of snow, right in the heart of the desert.
Fun-filled Activities in Ski Dubai
There are many activities in Ski Dubai for winter sports aficionados. You could choose to learn just the basics of skiing or train with expert instructors who will help you to jump off a 10-ft ramp! The park has a dedicated freestyle zone for practising. Ski Dubai also offers you a lot of activities to engage in. You could meet the penguins by booking the Ski Dubai Snow Penguin package. They also have a Snow Park full of fun-filled activities. Here’s a closer look at some of these amazing things to do at Ski Dubai.
1. SKING ON THE SLOPES
One of the first things to do at the Mall of the Emirates Ski Dubai is to head to the slopes for some skiing fun. You can try out the i slopes by yourself or join the Ski School as part of a group. From children to adults, everyone can get trained via one-on-one sessions with qualified instructors. The Ski School is actually a great way to to improve your skiing skills in a secure-yet-fun environment.
There are five different slope packages (depending on difficulty levels and length) that you can choose from. Each of the following Ski Dubai ticket prices is per head for both adults and children and includes outfit/equipment rental and locker facilities.
- Two-hour Slope Pass (AED 210) – Enjoy a taster session of the fun on the slopes for two hours.
- Full-Day Slope Pass (AED 310) – This Ski Dubai ticket gets you full-day access to the slopes, fleece gloves and a 20% discount for UAE.
- SkiFly Slope (AED 305) – Here you can explore the Snow Park and try out certain rides as well as get two hours access to the Slope. You also get two flights at the famous indoor skydiving experience, iFLY Dubai free!
- Snow Plus Slope (AED 340) – Unlimited access to the Snow Park rides and one exclusive experience which can either be: 2 hours Slope, a 40-minute Penguin Encounter, a Snow Bullet Ride or a skiing/snowboarding lesson. The 20% residents discount is also available in this package.
- Snow Premium Slope (AED 490) – This is the ultimate Ski Dubai ticket package! It includes unlimited access to the Snow Park and all its rides, a 40-minute penguin encounter and the choice between a Slope session or ski/snowboarding lessons.
2. EXPLORING THE SNOW PARK
At this 4,500 sq. m. snow park, you can build your very own snowman, or go tobogganing or sledging. You can even climb towers or explore the indoor ice cave.
Here is a look at the Ski Dubai tickets you can choose from to explore the Snow Park.
- Snow Park (AED 190) – This pass allows you one-time access to the Ski Dubai Snow Park and you can go on the rides as many times as you want. You even get a chance on the Zorb Ball.
- Snow Classic (AED 256) – This package gives you unlimited access to snow park rides plus one ride on the Mountain Thriller and the Chairlift.
- Ski-Fly Snow Classic (AED 305) – Enjoy unlimited access to Snow Park rides, one Mountain Thriller ride and one Chairlift ride, plus a 20% residents discount. They also give you two flights at iFLY Dubai and a choice between two hours on the Slope, a 40-minute Penguin Encounter, a Snow Bullet Ride or a 60-minute skiing/snowboarding lesson.
- Snow Plus (AED 340) – Get either a slope session, a discovery lesson, a snow bullet ride or a penguin encounter in addition to unlimited access to all snow park rides. They also give you a pair of fleece gloves and a locker.
- Snow Premium (AED 490) – This popular Ski Dubai package, offers a 40-minute encounter with the penguins, a choice between a slope pass or a 60-minute snowboarding/ski discovery lesson, unlimited access to the snow park and rides, a locker, waterproof gloves and a photo book. You also get hot chocolate, a meal and hand warmers in this offer.
3. MEET THE PENGUINS
One of the best things about Ski Dubai is that is more than just a place for skiing. Along with fun in the snow, Ski Dubai offers visitors the chance to meet one of the most interesting birds in the animal kingdom – the penguin. The best part is that the penguins are quite comfortable with humans, so you can view them in their natural environment and even take a photo with the penguins in Ski Dubai.
The penguin encounter is one of the most popular activities in Ski Dubai for children and adults too. Here are some of the packages you can take your pick from. All the penguin meetings start at 12:00 pm and are held after every 30 minutes, up till 09:00 pm.
- Peng-Friend Encounter (AED 230) – You get a 40-minute slot where you get to meet two species of penguins, the Gentoo and Emperor Penguin and learn all about them. They give you a locker too.
- Snow Plus – Penguin Encounter (AED 520) – Here you get a 75-minute slot to meet the two penguins species and learn all about them. You also get a photo opportunity with the penguins, which you can take back as a souvenir, plus a complimentary hot chocolate drink to keep you warm.
- Ultimate Peng-Friend (AED 890) – This gets you unlimited access to Snow Park rides, one go at the Chairlift and Mountian Thriller and a 75-minute Peng Encounter. It also includes lockers, a hot chocolate drink and photo plus a souvenir.
- Swimming with the Penguins (AED 1,390) – Includes everything from the Ultimate Peng-Friend plus a 15-minute session to swimming with the penguins
Other things to do at Ski Dubai
If that’s not enough for you, there are more exciting activities at Ski Dubai that you can try.
Take a lesson at the Ski School
From amateurs to the pros, everyone is welcome at the Ski School to acquire or brush up their existing skiing or snowboarding skills. They have a team of experienced professionals who follow a comprehensive lesson plan to help you become the best. Children aged three years and older can join too. If this is a passion you have the Ski School is a great opportunity to train with the best.
Dine at the Ski Dubai Cafés and restaurants
North 28 Restaurant – If you are tired from all the skiing and need to warm up, head to this café at Ski Dubai. The signature hot chocolate in this Alps themed cafe in Ski Dubai is so comforting, you will feel fresh enough to resume all the snowy fun.
Avalanche Café – This one is located halfway on the slope and lets you relax with good views. Apart from the hot beverages, you can also enjoy delicious hot dogs and other light treats.
Ice Café – You can get some savoury treats at this café near the Snow Plough in the Snow Park area.
SKI DUBAI TICKETS
The Ski Dubai prices vary for the activity you want to do and the zone you will be visiting. You can purchase your tickets online, from the official Ski Dubai website here.
Here is a breakdown of the different Ski Dubai tickets:
These are the prices for the Ski Dubai tickets that allow you access to the slopes.
- Two-hour Slope Pass (AED 210)
- Full-Day Slope Pass (AED 310)
- SkiFly Slope (AED 305)
- Snow Plus Slope (AED 340)
- Snow Premium Slope (AED 490)
Here are the Ski Dubai prices for accessing the Snow Park.
- Snow Park Basic (AED 190)
- Snow Classic (AED 256)
- Ski-Fly Snow Classic (AED 305)
- Snow Plus (AED 340)
- Snow Premium (AED 490)
The following are the Ski Dubai prices for meeting the famous flightless bird.
- Peng-Friend Encounter (AED 230)
- Snow Plus – Penguin Encounter (AED 520)
- Ultimate Peng-Friend (AED 890)
- Swimming with the Penguins (AED 1,390)
- Snow Plus (AED 340)
SKI DUBAI MEMBERSHIP
Ski Dubai offers an exclusive membership where you get unlimited access to the Slopes for one-month and three-months, at AED 1,190 and AED 2,790, respectively. Along with unlimited access to the slopes, these Ski Dubai Membership plans offer the following discounts:
- 15% off F&B
- 10% off Snow Pro/Ski Dubai Shop
- 20% off Ski School group lessons (not valid for private lessons, camps or other packages)
- 15% off Peng-Friend Encounter (40 mins)
How do you get to Ski Dubai?
Ski Dubai is part of the Mall of the Emirates (MOE) in Dubai. Its entrance is situated on the Ground floor next to Magic Planet.
MOE can easily be accessed by bus, metro, taxi and car. The easiest way is by taking the Dubai Metro and heading to the ‘Mall of the Emirates Metro Station’ on the Red Line.
If you are travelling by car you can park in the A Parking lot. During the weekdays, the parking is free for 4 hours only but can be validated if you show your Ski Dubai ticket. The parking in MOE is free during weekends and public holidays.
How much is the ticket for Ski Dubai?
The Ski Dubai ticket price changes based on the activities chosen. It ranges anywhere between AED 190 – AED 1,390, depending on what you’d like to do. It’s advised to contact the management before planning a visit.
What should I wear to Ski Dubai?
When it comes to the dress code for Ski Dubai, guests are provided with all the gear needed to stay warm. This includes disposable socks, jackets, winter trousers and snow boots. Ski Dubai provides outfit and equipment for all Slope packages. All their Snow Park and Snow Penguin packages include outfit rental too.
Snow Premium, however, provides outfit and equipment as part of the offer. You can prebook your gear and equipment for Ski Dubai online or rent it at the counter in the mall.
What are the Ski Dubai Timings?
This chilly attraction is open seven days a week. On the weekdays, the Ski Dubai timings are from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm, except every Thursday where they are open till 12:00 am. They operate from 9:00 am till 12:00 am every Friday and from 09:00 am till 11:00 pm every Saturday.
I need more information, who can I contact?
You can call the Ski Dubai management on +971-800-386.
All in all, this is one of the must-visit attractions in Dubai. Parents looking for cool indoor activities for children in Dubai can find Ski Dubai to be a great option. The many things to do in Ski Dubai will certainly come in handy to keep the little and not so little kids engaged.
UAE residents can also get discounted tickets to Ski Dubai by showing their Emirates ID. You can also hold your social events, school trips and birthday parties at Ski Dubai. While this is certainly one of the biggest attractions of the shopping paradise, there are many other things to do at the Mall of the Emirates.
The presence of this mall and the proximity to other leading neighbourhoods has made Al Barsha a sought after location for tenants and investors. Families are increasingly drawn to the villas for rent in Al Barsha since it’s close to schools and other amenities.
Having attractions such as this snow park in proximity also ensures that weekends are never dull. Another great place that can get your adrenaline pumping is XDubai, which is a hub for extreme sports in the region.