Dragon Mart Dubai: The complete guide
When it comes to cheap stores in Dubai for electronic appliances, hardware, cutlery and household goods, Dragon Mart Dubai has the best options. Sometimes referred to as the ‘dragon mall in Dubai’, Dragon Mart is the world’s largest trading hub of Chinese products outside China. If you are searching for ‘Dragon Mart Dubai timing’, ‘what to expect from Dragon Mart Dubai’, ‘restaurants in Dragon Mart Dubai’ or just curious about the upcoming deals and how to bargain here, this guide has all your answers!
DRAGON MART DUBAI MAP
This mall comprises Dragon Mart 1 and Dragon Mart 2 which is collectively home to over 5,000 shops, F&B outlets and entertainment areas. Both Dragon Mart 1 and 2 offer a variety of products A affordable prices.
Dragon Mart Dubai shops are spread across an area of 150,000 sq. m. so you can find yourself drifting past numerous wares for sale. Here are a number of things that you can expect from this market:
- Dragon Mart 1 shops are divided into different sections for each type of market. For instance, there is a section for Dragon Mart furniture, textile, household items, lighting equipment, sports and garments.
- In Dragon Mart 2, which offers more of a mall setting, there are four sections that include general merchandise, building materials, home appliances, hardware and machinery. There is also a cinema and a food court.
- It is also a reliable option to shop for plants in Dubai that offer seeds, gardening materials and potted plants.
- Those looking for affordable items can get a 20% discount but your bargaining skills would be required here.
All of these stores are great for getting bargain offers. Dragon Mart is famous for being the preferred choice when it comes to buying curtain in Dubai. You will find several shops featuring similar products, so to make the most of the Dragon Mart offers, try to negotiate with as many vendors as you can before settling on the final product.
Shopping in Dragon Mart
Dragon Mart Dubai also features a huge branch of Carrefour that is accessible for people residing nearby in International City.
- One can also purchase e-cigarettes, shishas and other equipment at Dragon Mart shops at an affordable price.
- From an interesting lamp to a pretty teapot, you will find everything at pocket-friendly prices.
- The section of Dragon Mall Dubai electronics offers a number of appliances and digital gadgets at a lower price.
- Lighting equipment and home décor items are also available at an affordable price.
- There is also a different section for fashion accessories and toys.
Dining in Dragon Mart
There are over 52 restaurants in Dragon Mart Dubai that include top fast-food eateries and cafes. Here are a few featured dining options at Dragon Mart:
- One of the popular restaurants in Dragon Mart Dubai is Mahal Turkish Cuisine that is one of the most sought after locations because of its variety of recipes. From chicken curries to stakes, Mahal offers the finest cuts of meats. If you are a vegetarian, you can also find salads, bakery items and delicious desserts.
- There are a number of Dragon Mart restaurants that specialise in traditional tastes, such as Al Arrab, Al Farooj, Kababak and Maraheb restaurants.
- You will definitely find your favourite fast food restaurants in Dragon Mart. The list of fast food dining options includes KFC, McDonald’s, Subway, Hardee’s, London Fish and Chips, Burger World and Charleys Philly Steaks to name a few.
- Broccoli Pizza & Pasta, Olives and Tomatoes and Old Wood Village are also good dining options among others in Dragon Mart 2 restaurants.
- Gloria Jeans Coffee, Second Cup and Café Frappe are also among the few options for coffee and beverages.
Movie Cinema in Dragon Mart Dubai
The Novo Cinemas at Dragon Mart 2 Dubai features 12 theatres that screen local, Pakistani, Indian and English movies.
- A shop for snacks and drinks is also there to take care of your appetite.
- Novo Cinemas operate 10:00 am to 10:00 pm from Sunday to Wednesday. From Thursday, Friday and Saturday are from 10:00 am to 12:00 am.
- Apart from Dragon Mart Dubai cinema, the mall hosts concerts on weekends and on holidays featuring well-known artists.
- There are also activities and events for little ones to participate so that the whole family can enjoy.
Gaming and entertainment in Dragon Mart Dubai
Fabyland, located in Dragon Mart 2 is a futuristic indoor family entertainment destination for children of all ages. It features a number of rides, arcade games and redemption games to indulge kids while you shop. This entertainment destination also offers a safe yet thrilling environment with rides like bumper cars and a soft play area. Fabyland timings at Dragon Mart are the same as Dragon Mart timings.
Upcoming Deals and Events
There are plenty of interesting Dragon Mart offers and discounts for bargain hunters. The management often organises big promotional deals during holidays and festivals. One of their recent promotions is themed ‘Dubai Home Festival’ which allows you to refresh your living space with lights, furniture and other decor items.
- The Dubai Home Festival deal lasts till 4th of May 2019, where one of the shoppers can win a brand new Volkswagen Tiguan in a lucky draw.
- This promotion is offered on building materials, home décor, lighting equipment and furniture.
- The winner would be announced at the end of the promotional event.
- Frequent shoppers can also opt for a loyalty card for additional discounts. It would be valid for all the shopping, dining and entertainment outlets of Nakheel Malls Group, including Dragon Mart.
Dragon Mart Dubai timing
- The mall operates all days of the week.
- The Dragon Mart opening hours are from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday to Wednesday and 10:00 am to 12:00 am from Thursday to Saturday.
- The mall is usually busy between 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm daily.
- The Dragon Mart timings opening hours may be different during Ramadan, so it is best to check this before planning a visit.
- Contact: +971-43-90-9999
Dragon Mart Dubai Location
Those searching for Dragon Mart Dubai directions, look no further. Located on Al Awir Road just off Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Rd, interchange 5, it is situated next to International City. It is easily accessible from Dubai International Airport after a drive of 15 minutes. From Sharjah, it is a 30-minute drive away. If you at going to Dragon Mart Dubai by metro, the nearest stations include Rashidiya and Etisalat. You can either hop on a bus or take a taxi to get to Dragon Mart.
Things to Consider when visiting dragon mart
- You need to wear comfortable shoes while visiting Dragon Mart because you might end up walking a lot.
- One will find the same product at three different shops for different prices so you can really test your bargaining skills here.
- You can find reliable Chinese products of good quality here, but don’t expect to see the regular brands.
- Those who spend on gifts and souvenirs would find affordable perfumes, key chains and chocolates here.
That’s all you need to know about Dubai’s Dragon Mart Mall. If you are looking for similar shops to purchase affordable memorabilia, here is a list of unique souvenir shops in Dubai. You can also visit other open markets or souks in Dubai for handicrafts, toys, jewellery and antiques.