As more and more Dubai residents are looking for ways to keep fit and healthy, finding the perfect gym located close to either your home or your workplace is pivotal to the success of your fitness regiment. Here’s a look at some of the best gyms in Dubai to get you that perfect holiday body without ever having to bow down to the temptation of cancelling because of the dreaded Dubai traffic! While most of these areas will have a Fitness First and a Gold’s Gym in its vicinity, if you are looking for alternatives, here is the list.
Gyms in Dubai Marina
Residents living in Dubai Marina have plenty of gastronomic temptations surrounding them. But worry not, as that’s what these awesome gyms in Dubai are for; burning off the excess calories from the indulgent treats. There is a Fitness First located in Dubai Media City but if you are looking for something more specific, here are the famous gyms and fitness centres in Dubai Marina that you can visit.
Tribe Fit, Dubai Marina
The first feature our list of best gyms in Dubai Marina is TribeFit. This is the largest gym and most happening fitness centre in the area. They work on the idea of ‘Social Fitness’ which means that they try to connect people through fitness. This gym is particularly great if you have just moved into an apartment in Dubai Marina and are looking to get fit and make some new friends along the way. With spacious gym floors sprawled with funky interiors and qualified trainers who teach some of the most innovative fitness classes in Dubai, TribeFit is a must visit. TribeFit also has a packed calendar with social activities that are designed to allow members to meet and mingle.
- Offers personal training and group exercises such as body combat, yoga, pilates and many more.
- Membership fees: Regular membership rate – AED 2375 for 4 months, AED 3199 for 6 months and AED 4643 for 12 months.
- Location: Silverene Tower in Dubai Marina
- Contact: 800 TRIBE (87423) or firstname.lastname@example.org
f45 Dubai Marina
Looking for a challenge? Well, look no further than this. Based on the training technique known as F45, which involves 45-minutes of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) circuits, will surely get you to break a sweat and get your heart pumping. With top-notch equipment, big screens demonstrating each move, nutritionists providing you with a meal plan and innovative HIIT circuits, the F45 is one of the most popular gyms in Dubai for anyone who wants a challenge.
- Offers HIIT-training classes and meal plans provided by a nutritionist.
- Membership fees: 2-week free trial available, with customised packages also on offer.
- Location: Trident Grand Residence, Dubai Marina
- Contact: +971 50 180 0354 or email@example.com
Our next feature is for all the CrossFit fitness enthusiasts in Dubai Marina, who are looking to push themselves to be stronger, faster and ultimately healthier. With qualified coaches that teach fitness classes which focus on weight loss, strength training, and even specialised body transformation classes, Iconic Fitness is one of the most famous fitness centres in Dubai for Crossfit enthusiasts.
- Offers specialised CrossFit training classes and Zumba
- Membership fees: Zumba AED 75 per session, Iconic Burn from AED 750 per month, CrossFit from AED 900 per month. Customised packages also available.
- Location: Dream Tower 2, Dubai Marina
- Contact: +971 4 422 5338
Gyms in JLT
Neighbouring to Dubai Marina, the area of Jumeirah Lake Towers(JLT) features some amazing fitness centres in Dubai. Although most of the residents living in JLT enjoy the privilege of having gym facilities within the building, these centres are perfect for the working professionals here as they can head here, right after work.
Fitness Zone JLT
This gym in JLT is one of the leading fitness clubs in Dubai that offers a wide range of fitness programs to help you shave off those few extra pounds and live a healthier lifestyle. This gym has everything you will need – with personalised trainers, a full range of free weights, resistance machines, and also a freestyle workout area for functional and Crossfit training, Fitness Zone JLT is the perfect place to be if you are looking for a way to stay active during the summer. They also offer separate classes for ladies and kids too.
- Offers a wide range of activities from personal training to Zumba, Yoga and many more classes.
- Membership fees: First class free available.
- Location: JLT Cluster R, Building MAG 214, Ground Floor
- Contact: +971 4 451 0522 / + 971 55 462 7778 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart Fitness Gym
If you want to train with some of the best personal trainers in Dubai, this fitness centre in JLT is the place to be. All the trainers are experienced and have certified degrees ranging from exercise physiology, nutritional sciences to specialized certifications for strength and rehabilitation training. This gym has some of the best fitness classes in Dubai, that cater to all body types to help you achieve your fitness goal, whatever it may be. It also has classes for expecting mothers.
- Offers specialised personal training for both men and women.
- Membership fees: Packages start from AED 750 per month.
- Location: Dream Tower 2, Dubai Marina
- Contact: +971 4 438 5055 or email@example.com
Gyms in Business bay
For all the residents who are working and living in Business Bay, apart from branches of Fitness First in Vision Tower and Al Manzil Club, check out these other fitness clubs in Dubai are near you.
GFX Fitness Center Dubai
The GFX fitness centre in Business Bay is that is the perfect place to visit if you are looking for group exercise classes in Dubai. Here you can take your pick from a plethora of group fitness classes that include Zumba, Yoga, Indoor cycling, pilates and more!
- Great for group exercises such as Zumba, Yoga, Body Combat and Body Pump
- Membership fees: Group classes start at AED 90 onwards with free group classes also available.
- Location: Executive Towers, Business Bay (Other branches: Mirdiff)
- Contact: +971 4 425 5940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are living in an apartment in Business Bay and are looking for the best gym near you, this next feature is definitely one to check out. The UFC Gym in Business Bay is an international gym in Dubai, that has all the facilities and equipment you will need to improve your health. Regardless of age or fitness level, you will be able to see results if you enrol in their training programs.
- Offers a wide variety of programs and classes as per your fitness goals.
- Membership fees: Depending on the type of program you choose.
- Location: P Floor, Building – 1 Al Asayel St. Business Bay (Other branches: JBR)
- Contact: 800 832496
Gyms in SPORTS CITY
While the Fitness First, located in Control Tower in the neighbouring Motor City is amongst famous gyms residents in Dubai Sports City can visit, here are some of the other options which are more close to home.
FitRepublik, Dubai Sports City
A full-fledged sports facility in the fittingly named Dubai Sports City, Fit Republik is a fitness community that celebrates the fun element of working out and caters to all ages and requirements. One of the biggest gyms in the Middle East, this facility boasts some seriously jaw-dropping equipment with an entire floor dedicated to cardio. It has the only permanent fully Olympic equipped gymnastics arena in the UAE, a full MMA program offering boxing, Muay Thai, Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, wrestling and Capoiera among others. There are also the usual facilities one can expect from a Dubai gym and has an Olympics size swimming pool.
- Offer classes for children in gymnastics, martial arts, aquatics and functional training, has over 350 coaches and trainers and features cafes with healthy food.
- Membership fees: Basic gym membership starts at AED 2,415 for three months, AED 3,675 for six months and AED 5040 for annual packages. Customised packages are also available.
- Location: FitRepublik Fitness Center, The Academies, Dubai Sports City
- Contact: +971 4 556 1800, email@example.com
Gyms in JUMEIRAH VILLAGE CIRCLE (JVC)
Residents living in JVC can visit the Fitness First in Motor City but that would be a bit of a drive. If you’re looking for something more close to you here is one of the famous gyms in Dubai’s suburban development of JVC, you can vist.
Prime Fitness JVC
Residents of suburban JVC have plenty of avenues to keep fit thanks to the beautiful parks and jogging tracks that are available around the properties in JVC. But if it’s a gym that floats your boat, you need to look no further than Prime Fitness Gym. The top-of-the-line equipment by Matrix, competent personal trainers and an interesting lineup of classes including Zumba, Boxercise, Yoga, HIIT and Circuit training, it’s easy to see why this is one of the best gyms in Dubai catering to the suburban community of JVC.
- Offers HIIT, Yoga, Zumba and Boxercise classes and individualised plans for fitness.
- Membership fees: Currently offering summer packages for AED 750 for three months, AED 999 for six months and AED 1499 for annual payments. They often have offers for memberships, so make sure to check ahead.
- Location: Sandhurst, St.14, District 10, JVC
- Contact: +971 4 360 9690
Gyms in ARABIAN RANCHES
For the residents living in the villas in Arabian Ranches, you can visit the Fitness First branches in Arabian Ranches 2 and Mudon, or the following option.
Optimal Fitness, near Arabian Ranches
Residents of Dubai’s well-known villa community Arabian Ranches are sure to love this holistic fitness centre located on Al Qudra Road at Dubai Studio City. Much more than a gym, Optimal Fitness offers sports therapy, group exercises, personal training and even has courses in first aid. Their equipment adheres to high-international standards of quality and they also run a healthy cafe with delicious meals for you to tuck into without compromising on your fitness. With a weekly roster that includes some exciting routines including Pilates, Zumba and Kettlebell this Dubai gym has a loyal fanbase who love their approach to building your overall fitness.
- Offer classes in Zumba, Pilates, Kettlebell, Tabata, TRX, strength training and more.
- Membership fees: Currently have monthly memberships of AED 349 per month inclusive of VAT. Offer valid till 31 August. If you opt for the group classes, buy a 10-pack and get 1 class free, or buy a 20-pack and get 2 classes free.
- Location: Commercial Building 3, Dubai Studio City
- Contact: +9714 457 2048, firstname.lastname@example.org
Those were all the best gyms in all the popular residential communities in Dubai. Residents living in other popular areas such as Mirdiff, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Downtown Dubai and Palm Jumeirah can access the community centres and gyms in the buildings or visit any Fitness First and Gold’s Gym branch in their vicinity. We hope you found this article helpful in your journey to a healthier lifestyle. For more trending information about Dubai, be sure to be subscribed to MyBayut – the best property blog in Dubai.