Are you looking for toddler activities in Dubai to ensure that your little one has a good time? Of course, you are! We all need a break sometimes and if it’s combined with mini adventures for toddlers – the deal gets even better. Fortunately, Dubai is as welcoming for kids as it is for adults and there are many activities for kids under 5 to try. If you’re not sure where to find them, we’ve got you covered in this post.
Best Toddler Activities in Dubai
BOUNCE Trampoline Park
Of all the crazy toddler activities in Dubai, your little one will go bananas on the Junior Jumper in BOUNCE. Specially designed for children under 5, the Big Air Bag and Free-Jump Arena will have the toddlers jumping excitedly in no time. They can even play dodgeball with other kids – talk about a surprise playdate.
- Location: Building #32, 4B Street, Al Quoz 1
- Activities which parents can also enjoy include the Tuck Shop, which is a great place to relax and grab a bite with friends.
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday – 10:00 am to 10:00 pm; Thursday – 10:00 am to 12:00 am; Weekend – 09:00 am to 12:00 am
- Contact: +971-4-321-1400
Air Maniax’s dedicated area for smaller children is home to a whole new level of toddler activities in Dubai. The Mini Warrior Assault course is designed to provide toddlers less than 4 years of age with interactive physical activities. A general 1-hour access pass costs AED 80. While the kids have a great time, you can enjoy a quick bite at their in-house cafe.
- Location: Street no. 16, Al Quoz 1, Industrial First behind Dynatrade
- After visiting this kid-friendly attraction, parents can also check out the neighbouring Alserkal Avenue which has some of the most interesting art galleries in Dubai.
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday – 12:00 pm to 07:00 pm; Thursday – 12:00 pm to 09:00 pm; Weekend – 09:00 am to 09:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-348-8981
The heat can be sweltering for little people, and the best way to help them cool off is Ski Dubai. This awesome indoor snow park offers tons of fun toddler activities in Dubai. Go snowboarding, meet the penguins, hit the toboggans or enjoy the chairlifts. It’s the perfect escape from Dubai’s heat. While some activities in Ski Dubai don’t allow small children, there are enough things to do here for children under 5, to make it one of the most family-friendly attractions in Dubai. Another advantage with Ski Dubai is that parents can also get a spot of shopping done or enjoy some of the other things to do in Mall of the Emirates.
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Rd 47th St
- Parents can explore the mall or dine at one of the restaurants in Kempinski hotel, which is located nearby.
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday – 10:00 am to 11:00 pm; Thursday to Friday – 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Contact: +971-4-800-386
Mattel Play! Town
Your toddler will love this place if they’re a fan of Barney, Bob the Builder, Thomas and Friends and other Mattel Play! Town characters. A chance to spend an interactive day with their favourite TV characters will top any other activities for kids you could find. With 5 different socio-educational play zones your kids are sure to have a good time. Plus the location is awesome if you want to go out for some much-needed retail therapy and check out the other attractions in City Walk.
- Location: CITY WALK – Dubai
- Some of these activities allow you to drop off the kids in the care of experienced professionals, so parents could grab a bite or explore some of the stores in City Walk.
- Timings: Saturday to Wednesday – 09:00 am to 08:00 pm; Thursday to Friday – 09:00 am to 09:00 pm
- Contact: +971-800-637227
Desert Palm Riding School
For more interesting things to do with toddlers in Dubai, take them to the Desert Palm Riding School. Make it a play date with fellow moms and you can have a ball while the little ones saddle up and enjoy a pony ride in safe hands. A 10-minute hand-led ride on the track costs AED 20. An additional AED 20 would allow your child 20-minute riding on a loop.
- Location: Al Aweer Road (E 44 Road)
- There are a few restaurants and cafes where parents can relax while their children enjoy themselves.
- Timings: Saturday to Tuesday – 07:00 am to 11:00 am and 03:30 pm to 07:30 pm; Wednesday and Thursday – 07:00 am – 11:00 am
- Contact: +971-50-451-7773
If you’re in search of creative toddler activities in Dubai, Café Céramique is the best place to go to with your little ones. This place serves delicious food for you while your kids can put their creativity to work using paint, stamps, brushes and other art supplies. There is pottery for kids older than 4. The younger ones have the option to print their painted hands and feet on ceramics for personalised keepsakes. Ideally located for parents renting villas in Jumeirah, this is a great place for a mid-week outing with the little ones.
- Location: 1st Floor, Town Centre Mall, Jumeirah Road, Jumeirah
- The in-house restaurant is a great distraction for parents while the kids let their creative sides come alive.
- Timings: 09:00 am to 12:00 am
- Contact: +971-4-344-7331
OliOli – Children’s Museum
This museum is a unique experience for kids of all ages. It offers 8 galleries and over 40 interactive exhibits that pique the natural curiosity of young minds. A visit to OliOli is one of the most rewarding and delightful toddler activities in Dubai that will stimulate your child’s mind and body with the joy of play and discovery.
- Location: 62 4 A St, near Oasis Mall
- While parents are required to be with the children at all times, they can easily pop over to Oasis Mall afterwards for some quick retail therapy.
- Timings: Saturday to Wednesday – 09:00 am to 07:00 pm; Thursday to Friday – 09:00 am to 09:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-702-7300
Jump Boxx Indoor Trampoline Park
Making sure they have activities for kids under 5 too, Jump Boxx introduced Jumping Jaxx Softplay area for kids as young as crawling toddlers to have fun. There are no trampolines in this play division, but there are various static and interactive play events to keep the kids busy. Adult supervision is necessary for all kids under 5. Perfect for parents renting apartments in Uptown Mirdif looking for a quick distraction for their little ones, this is also close to a number of restaurants and eateries in the area, so parents too can have a bit of a sit down while the kids enjoy.
- Location: 47th St, Uptown Mirdif Mall
- Parents do have to monitor their children, but they can enjoy some of the cafes once their children are done and want some refuelling.
- Timings: Weekdays – 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm; Weekends – 10:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-288-5744
Dubai Mall Children’s Activities
For parents looking to get some retail therapy and entertain their kids, there is no place like The Dubai Mall. You can also drop off children at Caboodle in The Dubai Mall if you fancy looking into some of the unique shops in The Dubai Mall while your toddlers enjoy themselves.
Dubai Ice Rink
Not all toddler activities should be about fun and play, which is why we mention an ice rink here. Yes, your toddler may be too small to try this, but if they’re about 120cm tall like most 5-year-olds, maybe this is worth a try. For the little ones, Dubai Ice Rink provides penguin skate aids and double-bladed skates for greater stability. Leave everything aside, your child can learn how to skate on ice – in a desert. That’s an achievement!
- Location: Ground Floor, The Dubai Mall
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday – 10:00 am to 11:00 pm; Thursday to Saturday – 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Contact: +971-800-38224-6255
Educative and fun, KidZania easily qualifies for one of the top toddler activities in Dubai. It allows your kids to indulge in role play and activities that resemble real-life scenarios. Your child could be a doctor for a day or a chef. Learning and fun combined, KidZania is a destination worth a visit with your toddler.
- Location: Level 2, The Dubai Mall
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday – 10:00 am to 10:00 pm; Thursday – 10:00 am to 11:00 pm; Weekend – 09:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Contact: +971-800-38224-6255
Dubai Aquarium is also a strong candidate on our list of toddler activities in Dubai. Let your kids explore the underwater realm while walking through the aquarium tunnel. Kids less than 3 years get a free entry.
More Toddler Activities in Dubai
Some of the best rides at Wild Wadi Waterpark may not be toddler-friendly, but there is still plenty to keep them busy. Let your little ones enjoy the Juha’s Dhow and Lagoon or play their time away at the giant playground.
Dubai Miracle Garden allows free entry for kids under 3 and with attractions like the Big Teddy Bear and the Disney Avenue, your toddlers would sure be mesmerised.
Whether you’re travelling with kids or are a resident, the list of things to do with toddlers in Dubai is extensive. Even with everything that we have enumerated so far, there are still a lot of activities for kids under 5 that we haven’t covered. You can watch the flamingoes at Ras Al Khor, hit the beach with the family or witness the glorious Dubai Fountain. The best part is that most activities don’t cost a single penny. Just take the little ones out and enjoy quality time with them.
For working parents who are concerned that their toddlers are missing out on all this fun because of their own busy schedules, worry not! You can now easily send your kids to these toddler activities in Dubai with your trusted nanny by booking Careem’s special kids service, that ensures child seats are provided.
If you’ve just moved to the city and are looking for residential areas that put you in proximity to kids-friendly activities in Dubai, check out the listings for rental apartments in Downtown Dubai. Alternatively, you can also consider rental villas in Mirdif.