Home is a place that is full of happy memories that you make with your beloved family. A beautiful and stylish home increases the feeling of connectivity and liveliness among the family members. Though there are a number of interior decoration ideas, boho chic decor is a perfect way to add character to your home without burning a hole in your pockets.
If you have been curious to learn how to make your home furniture boho chic, read on to find out more.
What is the meaning of Boho Chic?
The word Bohemian refers to a group of people who travelled from Bohemia where Boho is a shorthand word for Bohemian. The word is prominent among artists, musicians and actors to reflect a nomadic lifestyle. As of today, Bohemian is more of an adjective than a noun where its aesthetics are inspired by past generations. Boho chic styles by extension, refers to kitschy, unconventional designs put together to create an appealing aesthetic.
What is Boho Chic Decorating?
Boho Chic decor is a casual yet impressive display of colours, designs, patterns and creativity inspired by Bohemian aesthetics. It involves a combination of furniture styles, mixing of colours and layering patterns to give a room a free-spirited vibe. A touch of madness and creativity is essential for boho chic home decor where you need to step out of your comfort zone for experimentation. When it’s done right, boho chic room decor exudes creativity, in a tasteful way.
What is different about Boho chic house decor?
Boho chic decor is unique in the fact that it is not ruled by any of the conventional ideas of design. What is special about this bohemian style home decor is that you can easily mix and match a variety of colours, styles and pieces to create a distinct look. It’s carefully, careless style, full of creativity and personal inspiration. A benefit of having boho chic furniture is that you can do it yourself if you own some must-have tools in your home.
Ways to make your home Boho Chic
Feed your aesthetic senses and explore the beauty of boho chic home decor to bring some much needed change in your room. Simple seating, furniture, adorned with bright cushions and artsy wall decor can be imbued with a sense of bohemian style for creative home decor ideas. Boho chic designs are one of the best home decor ideas on a budget to give a gorgeous look and improve the atmosphere of your entire home. So look no further as we present to you a collection of appealing boho chic decor ideas.
Boho Chic Lounge Decor
Do you want to bring life to your living room? Here are some of the modern boho chic decor tips to revamp the boring lounge with an extraordinary boho chic impact.
- For the ultimate boho look, add some vintage decor in your living room. Think along the lines of quirky wall carpets or Andy Warhol inspired art. If you have some of Grandma’s precious china, you could even use those as vases, pen holders and other utility items to give your home that really cool, boho, shabby-chic vibe.
- A combination of different hanging plantations will also do perfectly if you want to go green for boho chic lounge decor.
- Adding a mirror can boost the beauty of the entire plan while making the lounge brighter. Bonus points if you can get something that has an artsy frame to make things more trendy.
- Colourful cushions or covers for the seating are prerequisites for boho chic style decor. If you are afraid of going overboard, keep it to simple colours for your sofas and couches, but liven things up with cushions and throws, featuring tassels, buttons and more. If you are looking for inspiration, there are a number of ways to decorate your living room with vibrant colours using pouffes and tapestry.
- For the flooring, you can go wild with the textiles using colourful or tribal patterns as rugs and carpets. Defy symmetry and try out unique furniture placements for a stunning look.
Ways to make your bedroom decor boho-chic
When it comes to boho chic bedroom decorating ideas, you can enjoy the freedom of styling to design your bedroom. Here are some ideas to add boho chic details in your bedroom.
- Boho chic interior plan is all about the layering of textiles and you can do that with vibrant bedsheets, curtains and vintage rugs.
- From pillows to comforters, you need to add colourful upholstery to add the boho style detail in your bedroom.
- One of the boho chic decorating tips is to ensure a delicate arrangement of some artsy, antique products to beautify your room.
- Personalise the walls with decor reflecting your personality. For instance, if you are musically inclined you can hang a guitar on your bedroom wall to add a personal yet kitschy vibe to the room.
- The contrasting colours of wall fabrics, wall decor and the curtain will also be perfect for a cosy boho chic apartment decor.
Boho Chic Outdoor Decor Ideas
If you are looking decoration ideas for your backyard, boho chic decor is not limited to indoors only. Here are some tips to make your backyard look beautiful in a modern boho chic decor style.
- If you fancy adding an industrial vibe to your backyard, boho chic styles are the way to go. You can use old tyres, benches, chairs and tables to give a boho chic look as well.
- Beautiful cushions, rugs and comforters are essential to get the pleasure of the boho chic style outdoors.
- You can also consider small backyard garden ideas to make it appealing with wood trellises and pallets.
- Get some straw stools and cushions for a boho chic seating in your backyard. Colourful cushion covers for seating is also recommended if you are experimenting with boho chic styles.
Boho Chic Decor Bonus Tips
Now that you have some boho chic decorating ideas, here are some bonus tips to make your home even more stunning.
- Always opt for vibrant colours and patterns for rugs, sofa covers, comforts, cushions and wall decor for a bohemian look and feel.
- Add aesthetic features of boho style with vintage fabrics like an indigo mud cloth.
- For lighting decor, humble materials like ceramic or rattan are also good options to consider.
- You can also add boho chic vibes in the kitchen with patterned upholstery for seating.
- Plants on the counter and the corners are also suitable for boho chic kitchen decor.
- Adding patterned drapery and textiles in your dining room can also make it look more boho and laid-back.
- In case of an awkward corner, you can fill it with towering trees and plants.
That concludes our article on boho chic decor ideas. At the end of the day, the interiors of your home should reflect your personality. With the right ideas, any home can be transformed into an inviting, cosy atmosphere where you and your friends would want to spend time. There are also some hacks you can use to make your home look expensive on a budget. Alternatively, you can opt for some pop culture inspiration with interior decors from TV shows you love. Not everyone can afford interior designers but you can consider being creative with home remodelling ideas on a budget.