The year 2022 has flown by pretty quickly, right? Time certainly does fly! But one big bonus of the year’s end is that some epic celebrations for the upcoming year are nearly upon us. Many malls, restaurants and leisure destinations in the city are going BIG to ensure 2023 starts in spectacular style. Want to know where all the festivities are taking place? Here’s our round-up of the best things to do on New Year in Dubai.
ENJOY FIREWORKS ON NEW YEAR’S EVE IN DUBAI
What’s a New Year celebration in Dubai without fireworks?! Watching them light up the night skies is among the best things to do in Dubai for New Year. Luckily, there are plenty of New Year fireworks in Dubai happening this year. Let’s check where you can enjoy New Year fireworks on December 31st 2022.
- Al Seef: Enjoy spectacular views of the fireworks from the district’s waterfront restaurants.
- Global Village: To celebrate the new year, Global Village will synchronise not one but seven musical fireworks displays across different pavilions.
- Atlantis The Palm: With its highly anticipated pyrotechnics show, the legendary resort of Atlantis the Palm guarantees a fantastic New Year’s celebration.
- The Beach: See colourful fireworks light up the night sky from The Beach, opposite Jumeirah Beach Residences in Dubai Marina.
- Bluewaters: Enjoy drone displays and special offers to commemorate the start of a new year.
- Burj Khalifa: You’re in for a spectacular show with the Emaar’s New Year celebration.
- Burj Al Arab: Head to the Terrace, one of the best places to watch the fireworks, for the countdown to 2023.
- Dubai Festival City Mall: Book a spot at Festival Bay restaurants to see the NYE fireworks.
- Dubai Parks & Resorts: All four theme parks in Dubai Parks & Resorts will have two fireworks shows on December 31st – at 07:00 pm and 09:00 pm.
DUBAI NEW YEAR CONCERTS
Say a fun farewell to 2022 with the concerts scheduled for December 31st. All tickets are available on Platinumlist.
- Bling Bling: The band is celebrating the last day of 2022 with a concert at Festival Arena. Tickets start at AED 300.
- Ibiza Global Radio: Celebrate NYE with a bang with Ame Live from Innervisions and Reznik from Keinemusik at Soul Beach. Apart from fireworks, partygoers get dinner packages and arrival by yacht! Ticket prices start at AED 295.
- Under the Stars: On a budget? Enjoy “A Desi DJ Night” at Zabeel Park Gate 3. Prices start at AED 40 for adults and AED 20 per child. Up the ante with VIP tickets which offers a separate dance floor and buffet dinner.
- NYE Ritual with A-Trak: International DJ star A-Track will perform with Man Go Funk, Scott Forshaw and Marty Metcalf at Le Meridien Mina Seyaghi Beach Resort & Waterpark. Starting at AED 495, this will be a night to remember!
Can’t get enough? Check out Platinumlist for a full roster of performances this New Year’s Eve.
THINGS TO DO ON NEW YEAR IN DUBAI – PARTIES AND YACHT CRUISES
Dubai never disappoints when it comes to New Year parties and soirees. Whether it’s a restaurant, a cruise or a nightclub, there is no shortage of festivities where you can dance your way into the New Year. Add one of these parties to your things to do in Dubai on New Year’s Eve.
NEW YEAR’S PARTIES IN DUBAI
Let’s look at where the best New Year’s Eve parties in Dubai are taking place.
ENJOY AN ADULT NEW YEAR’S EVE AT ARABIAN RANCHES GOLF CLUB
Bring in the New Year with a memorable celebration at Arabian Ranches Golf Club! Spend a night celebrating the Wild West with light bites and festive drinks.
- Ticket Prices: AED 650 with House Beverages | AED 350 with Soft Beverages
- Location: Nezesaussi Grill at Arabian Ranches Golf Club
- Contact: +971-4-366-4700
- Timings: 08:00 pm to 03:00 am
Please note that it is an adults-only event!
NEW YEAR’S EVE AT ZERO GRAVITY
Under a sky filled with fireworks, Zero Gravity is throwing a stunning and unforgettable New Year’s Eve party at the pool and beach with Jonas Blue and Sigala. Apart from beach access, expect an extravagant buffet and beverage stations.
- Ticket Price: From AED 1,299 (Standard)
- Timings: 08:00 pm onwards
- Location: Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Waterpark
- Contact: +971-4-399-0009 |+971-55-500-911
ATLANTIS THE PALM
Catch Kylie Minogue at Atlantis The Palm NYE Gala. The pop icon will perform with a 30-piece live band. Sweetening up the experience are unlimited free-flowing champagne, a luxury buffet, endless caviar and more.
- AED 5,900 Premier (14 and above)
- AED 4,500 (4 to 13 years)
- Free for kids up to 3
- AED 6,900 (14 and above)
- AED 4,500 (4 to 13 years)
- Free for kids up to 3
- AED 8,500: 14 years and above
- AED 6,500 (kids up to 13 years)
- Contact: +971-4-426-2000
- Location: Crescent Road, Palm Jumeirah
Barasti Beach is hosting a famous dance music night featuring A-Track! Other performers making an appearance include Marty Metcalf, Scott Forshaw and Man Go Funk. The fun happens in one of the best outdoor beach bars in Dubai. Add it to your things to do on New Year in Dubai.
- Ticket Price: From AED 650
- Location: Le Meridien Mina Syahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai Marina
- Contact: +971-56-422-1080
Aside from the mentioned places, partygoers may consider these destinations to celebrate the onset of 2023.
- Weslodge Saloon
- The Address Dubai Mall
- Nikki Beach and Resort
- Dubai Opera
- Fogueira and Sama Lounge
NEW YEAR’S EVE CRUISES IN DUBAI
Here are some great options if you’re looking for New Year’s Eve cruises in Dubai.
- New Year Creek Dhow Cruise | From AED 999 | Boarding time: 10:45 pm| +971-55-669-4770
- New Year Canal Dhow Cruise | From AED 999| Boarding time 10:45 pm | +971-55-669-4770
- New Year Marina Dhow Cruise (Alcohol)| From AED 500| From 10:30 pm | +971-55-669-4770
- The Desert Rose Mega Yacht New Year’s Eve 2023| From AED 1,990 per person | Boarding time 8:00 pm |+971-56-841-0885
- The Ocean Empress Yacht New Year’s Eve 2023 |From 990 per person | Boarding time from 8:00 pm
NEW YEAR ACTIVITIES IN DUBAI 2022-2023: SPECIAL BRUNCH AND DINNERS
There are plenty of New Year’s Eve feasts happening around Dubai. Whether you fancy a lavish dinner or are more inclined towards brunches, top restaurants in Dubai have you covered.
NEW YEAR’S BRUNCHES IN DUBAI
Want to mark your New Year celebration in Dubai with a festive brunch? There are several New Year brunch deals in Dubai to choose from.
- NYE Brunch Nation at The Croft | 31st December 2022 | 08:00 pm onwards | From AED 499
- New Year’s Eve Fire and Ice Party |31st December 2022 | 08:00 pm to 01:00 am | From AED 299
- Baby Q, Midnight Mirrorball | 31st December 2022| 08:00 pm – 12:00 am | From AED 450
- NYE at Aura Skypool | 31st December 2023 | From 08:00 pm | From AED 2,750
- New Year’s Day Brunch at McCafferty’s | 1st January 2023 | 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm | From AED 295
- The Blacksmith Bar & Eatery | 31st December 2022 | 08:00 pm to 01:00 am | From AED 250
NEW YEAR’S EVE DINNERS IN DUBAI
While most restaurants in the emirate are throwing out stellar deals for New Year’s Eve dinners in Dubai, some are worth your consideration.
- Arabian New Year’s Eve At Amaseena | 31st December 2022 | From 07:00 pm |From AED 1,150
- Taberna Espanola |31st December 2022 | 08:00 pm to 03:00 am | From AED 499
- Bushmans Anantara The Palm | 31st December 2022| 08:00 pm to 02:00 am | From AED 1,250 per person
- Porterhouse At Sofitel The Palm | 31st December 2022 | 07:00 pm to 03:00 am | From AED 2,500 per person
- Olea at Kempinski Mall of the Emirates| 31st December 2022 |08:00 pm to 01:00 am | From AED 1,150
BOOK A NEW YEAR STAYCATION IN DUBAI
Who doesn’t like a little ‘luxury’ escape? The New Year staycations in Dubai are designed for just that. There are several options for you to choose from. Get one that works best for the whole fam, and you can ring in the New Year lounging by the pool, enjoying hearty breakfasts or even lazing around the beach with your loved ones! Your best options include:
- Atlantis The Palm
- Queen Elizabeth 2
- Zabeel House by Jumeirah
- Five Palm Jumeirah
- Anantara The Palm
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- The H Hotel
Family-friendly things to do on New Year in Dubai
CELEBRATE NEW YEAR’S EVE AT TOWN SQUARE DUBAI
With live performers, a water park and delicious snacks, Town Square Dubai is all geared up for the celebration. Add a firework display to the mix, and you have a great way to spend New Year in Dubai. There’s a play area for kids with carnival games, a magic show and other fun activities – what more could you ask for?
- Timings: 06:00 pm to 01:00 am
ENJOY THE FAMILY-FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES AT AL SEEF
Are you looking for things to do in Dubai on New Year’s Eve with your family? Head to Al Seef, which will have live music, carnival rides, and many other things to do on New Year in Dubai.
- Location: Al Seef, Dubai Creek
- Contact: 800-738-245 (Al Seef)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DOES DUBAI CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR?
There will be spectacular New Year celebrations in Dubai to welcome 2023. You can enjoy dinners, brunches, staycations, parties and other fun things in Dubai on New Year’s Eve.
ARE NEW YEAR CONCERTS IN DUBAI HAPPENING THIS YEAR?
Yes, some high-profile concerts happen in Dubai on New Year’s Eve. However, these concerts will have COVID-19 rules and restrictions applied, meaning there will be limited crowds and social distancing.
So, there you have it – a comprehensive guide to things to do on New Year in Dubai. Are you planning on visiting the capital instead to clock in the upcoming year? Our guide on the activities for New Year in Abu Dhabi will come in handy.