In a land populated with numerous retail outlets, the new and improved Dubai Festival City Mall stands out as one of the most exciting and family-friendly destinations in Dubai. Offering spectacular views of the creek, Festival City Mall or DFC as it is also called is one of the premier shopping destinations in the city. It’s home to the only IKEA outlet in Dubai and also features Singapore’s powerhouse department store Robinsons. Apart from a series of popular high street brands such as Zara, H&M, Old Navy, and GAP, Dubai Festival City Mall is also home to a large Carrefour supermarket and an 18-screen Novo Cinemas.
But this is just scratching the surface of the many things to do in Dubai Festival City mall. The Dubai Festival City Mall fireworks during the shopping festival and other key events are a huge draw, bringing in thousands of guests to the mall. The other popular attractions in Festival City include the iconic laser show and the traditional dhow cruises.
One of the distinct features of this mall is the waterfront area called the Festival Bay, which overlooks Dubai Creek. In this complete guide to the mall in Dubai Festival City, we highlight the key attractions, shops, restaurants, hotels, timings and more.
Shops, Restaurants and Things to do in Dubai Festival City Mall
Dubai Festival City Mall is one of the most popular malls in Dubai, operated by the famed Al Futtaim group with over 400 stores housing luxury international and local brands, 90 local and international restaurants and cafés, and an 18-screen cinema along with a trendy bowling alley. A lot of restaurants in Dubai Festival City Mall offer outdoor seating so visitors can enjoy delectable meals with fabulous views of Dubai Creek.
Dubai Festival City Mall is home to luxury fashion brands ranging from renowned designer options such as Coach, DKNY, and Armani Exchange to staple high street brands such as Zara, Topshop, Koton and H&M.
Shops in Festival City Dubai
To give you a good idea of the wide variety of shops and brands in Dubai Festival City Mall, we have attempted to highlight some of the popular retailers for fashion, beauty, accessories, homewares and more.
Popular fashion brands in Dubai Festival City Mall
There are well over 300 fashion stores in the Festival City Mall, so shopaholics will certainly find no shortage of options in this mall. Here are some of the most popular stores in DFC stocking the seasons latest fashions.
- Marks and Spencer
- Old Navy
- River Island
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Banana Republic
- Massimo Dutti
Popular DFC stores for shoes and accessories
It’s not just clothes that fashionistas can pick at this mall in Dubai. Here are some of the best shops for shoes and accessories in this mall.
- Nine West
- Anne Klien
- Charles and Keith
- Steve Madden
- Kate Spade
Jewellery and Watch shops in DFC Mall
For special occasions, when you want to find the perfect gifts, you can visit one of these stores in the Festival City mall.
- Ahmed Siddiqi & Sons
- Damas Jewellery
- Hour Choice
- Pure Gold
Furniture shops in Dubai Festival City Mall
One of the main attractions of this mall is the fact that it is home to the only IKEA outlet in Dubai.
- Pan Emirates
- Royal Furniture
- Danube Home
- Zara Home
Apart from these popular stores, DFC is also home to Robinsons which features a variety of designer brands such as Michael Kors, Ted Baker, Ralph Lauren and more. There are also anchor stores in Festival City such as Plug Ins, Stadium, Sun & Sand Sports and so on. Makeup lovers will also not be disappointed. There are outlets of Sephora, Bobby Brown, Nyx, MAC and more to stock up on the season’s hottest mascaras, bronzers and lipsticks. All in all, Dubai Festival City Mall is a paradise for those who love to indulge in some retail therapy.
Restaurants in Dubai Festival City
Foodies will enjoy visiting this popular waterfront mall in the city as there are several notable eateries, cafes and high-end restaurants here. One of the best things about the restaurants in Dubai Festival City Mall is the fact that a wide variety of cuisines are offered here. So whether you fancy Chinese or want some hearty Italian, there are plenty of places to eat at the Festival City Mall in Dubai. Most of these restaurants are on the Festival Bay wing of the mall with stunning waterfront views. This mall is also home to the only Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai, so fans of the franchise can be seen sipping on pints of beer while snacking on delectable bar bites.
Take a look at this list of top Dubai Festival City restaurants perfect to grab a quick bite with friends and family.
- Hard Rock Cafe
- The Cheesecake Factory
- PF Chang’s
- Sugar Factory
- Al Fanar Restaurant and Cafe
- Famous Daves
- Big Fernand
- Cafe Bateel
In addition to these restaurants and cafes in Dubai Festival City Mall, there is also a food court with popular fast food joints. The food court in DFC has local favourites such as Wendy’s, Hardees, KFC, Krispy Kreme and more.
Attractions in Dubai Festival City Mall
Shopping and dining are not the only things to do in Dubai Festival City Mall! Take a look at some of the activities in Festival City Mall, that you should definitely try.
Located on the South Bay of Festival City, this massive wheel is about 40 meters high and consists of 30 capsules for visitors to enjoy spectacular views of the city and the creek. The Festival Wheel is the perfect spot in Dubai to enjoy a magical sunset.
- Tickets are priced at AED 40 for adults, AED 25 for children and AED 100 for a family of four (two adults and two children).
IMAGINE – Dubai Festival City Laser Show
Part of the mall’s extension, IMAGINE is the record-breaking air, water and fire show at Dubai Festival City Mall.
- The spectacular display harnesses innovative entertainment technology in water, pyrotechnics, lasers, lights and music to mesmerise viewers with a truly delightful sensory experience.
- The AED 1.5B Dubai Festival City laser show boasts the largest water screen projection and largest permanent projection mapping in the world – both Guinness World Record Breakers.
- The Dubai Festival City laser show is held daily at one-hour intervals during the evenings.
Visitors can also enjoy a traditional Abra ride along the beautiful Dubai Creek. Dubai Festival City Mall offers tourists and residents a chance to experience Emirati culture while floating along serene waters and soaking in fantastic views.
Dream Aero Flight Simulator
Always wanted to be a pilot? This flight simulator in Dubai Festival City Mall is perfect for adventure junkies. You can step inside this simulator and experience what it feels like to fly the Boeing 737.
- Prices for this activity in DFC starts from AED 375 for a 15-minute session.
This is one of the indoor play areas for kids in Festival City with a variety of arcade games. Children can choose from a variety of rides like the Family Swing, XD Dark Ride, Clip N Climb, Bumper Cars and many more. This kid’s attraction in Dubai Festival City also has a soft play area.
Stay & Play
Another popular place for kids in Festival City, this is a great option if parents want to drop off their children in a safe and entertaining environment while finishing up all their shopping. This indoor play area in Festival City mall has a variety of stimulating games for kids to kill time. Trained professionals are also appointed to look after the children who are not accompanied by parents.
Dubai Festival City Cinema
Visiting the cinema is one of the most popular things to do in Dubai Festival City Mall.
- This 18-screen Novo Cinemas is a popular choice with those holding Mashreq Bank cards as they often have buy-1-get-1-free offers.
- This DFC cinema was refurbished in 2017 to include 6 new screens including an IMAX screen and an MX4D theatre.
- This cinema in Festival City is also home to the luxurious Novo 7Star Experience where you get access to plush leather seats, waiter service, pillows and more!
- Initially called Grand Festival Cinemas, Novo took over the management in 2014.
Dubai Festival City Hotels
- Two of Dubai’s premium hotels, InterContinental Hotel Festival City and the Crowne Plaza Hotel, are also located in the Dubai Festival City Mall offering their own set of world-class amenities.
- Recently, a branch of Holiday Inn too opened up in the area, but this is not strictly attached to the mall.
- These Festival City hotels are known for their luxurious rooms and amazing restaurants. Anise, Choix, Vista and Black Tap are some of the popular restaurants in Intercontinental Dubai Festival City.
- Belgian Beer Cafe in Crowne Plaza is a popular watering hole for the city’s residents.
- Joe’s Backyard in the Holiday Inn is another new bar in Dubai Festival City, that has already made a mark with foodies in the area.
Is there free parking in Dubai Festival City Mall?
Dubai Festival City Mall has free covered parking, with a capacity of over 13,000 vehicles.
- There are several distinct parking zones which you can use depending on where you are going to in the Festival City mall.
- If you are visiting IKEA, we recommend using the dedicated Dubai Festival City parking for IKEA visitors instead of opting for the Cinema Parking or the one near Robinsons.
- The Dubai Festival City parking can get quite full during weekends and evenings, so you might have to swing the car a couple of times before getting a spot.
What is the Dubai Festival City Mall Timings?
- The mall is open daily from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm from Sunday to Wednesday and from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Thursday.
- Restaurants and cafés open daily from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm from Sunday to Wednesday and from 10:00 am to midnight on Thursday.
- The timings for IKEA in Dubai Festival City are similarly from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm from Sunday to Wednesday. IKEA stays open till 12:00 am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
What is the location of Dubai Festival City Mall?
This mall is located in the Festival city neighbourhood near Dubai culture Village and Jaddaf, just across the Business Bay crossing. If you run a search for ‘Dubai Festival City Mall Map’ you will be able to get the exact location of the mall. The closest metro stations to Festival City include Creek, Rashidiya and Etisalat. There are also several bus routes plying the area, so access to public transportation is not a challenge.
Residential Options near Dubai Festival City Mall
The Dubai Festival City Mall is part of a larger project by master-developer Al-Futtaim Group which covers 5.2 million sq. m. and extends 3 kilometres along the Dubai Creek. The residential complex in Dubai Festival City offers luxurious apartments with easy access to amenities including two international schools, Universal American School and Deira International School.
One of the most appealing factors about living in Dubai Festival City is the dining, shopping and entertainment options that residents enjoy. If you want to consider living close to this mall, the three main residential communities in Dubai Festival City include Al Badia Residences, Al Marsa Plaza and the quaint Mediterranean-architecture- inspired, Al Badia Hillside Village. Apartments in this locality range from one- to four-bedroom configurations, with average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Dubai Festival City starts from AED 56k as per current listings. For those looking at more long-term options, sales prices for apartments in Dubai Festival City start from AED 675k as per current listings on Bayut.
Dubai Festival City is also home to Festival Tower, a state-of-the-art ‘AAA’ grade commercial tower. If you want to lease a commercial space in the area, you can take a look at the offices for rent in Dubai Festival City.
Dubai Festival City has become one of the most sought-after residential and entertainment hubs in Dubai. Despite being close to the mall, residents enjoy a quiet lifestyle, away from the hustle and bustle of the main city with world-class amenities and conveniences at their doorstep. Following extensive renovation and expansion, Dubai Festival City Mall has also gained immense popularity among Dubai residents and tourists, housing some of the best international luxury brands and chic eateries.