Whether you’re a junkie for adventure or just looking for a fun day of thrills and spills, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a destination that never disappoints. With its record-breaking roller coasters and world-class simulators, this much-loved fun hub is counted among the best theme parks in the UAE — and rightly so.
It’s not every day that you get the opportunity to enjoy a huge indoor adventure theme park branded after a famous Italian automobile company. So if you haven’t visited this park yet, you’re totally missing out. Here’s everything you need to know about Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi.
FERRARI WORLD MAP
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a massive Ferrari-branded theme park on Yas Island. Spanning 86,000 sq. m., it features numerous attractions and rides with something for all age groups.
The venue also has some fantastic restaurants and shops where visitors can visit after experiencing the thrilling rides and attractions.
Attractions at the Ferrari-themed amusement park in Abu Dhabi are spaced across five zones. Here’s a breakdown of the five Ferrari World sections.
- Welcome Plaza: This is where special activities, live performances and events take place.
- Family Zone: You will find simulators interactive games and adventure zones for the whole family.
- F1 Zone: This is where the world’s fastest rollercoaster is and where you experience the thrills of Ferrari F1 racing.
- Italian Zone: Explore the best of Italy, from the charming little town of Maranello. Know the origins and growth of Ferrari or try delicious Italian fare at Mamma Rosella.
- Adventure Zone: Experience adrenaline-pumping rides and attractions at Ferrari Park Abu Dhabi.
ACTIVITIES AT FERRARI WORLD ABU DHABI
Let’s now look at what each of the attractions at Ferrari World offers its visitors.
THE TOP 5 FERRARI WORLD RIDES
With the name Ferrari attached to it, this famous Abu Dhabi theme park offers excellent high-octane entertainment. The thrilling rides of this amusement park in Abu Dhabi are definitely amongst the park’s highlights.
You can find amazing rides at the Ferrari World. Let’s take a look at the top five rides at this Ferrari-themed park in Abu Dhabi, some of which have even been tried out by famous Ferrari drivers, including Kimi Raikkonen, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso!
1. FORMULA ROSSA: FASTEST ROLLER COASTER IN THE WORLD
There are several record-breaking rides in Ferrari World, but none are as exciting as the Formula Rossa. Known to be the world’s fastest roller-coaster, the ride reaches a peak speed of a whopping 250 km/hr in just 4.9 seconds!
Height Restrictions: 140 cm
2. FLYING ACES: HIGHEST ROLLER COASTER LOOP IN THE WORLD
Flying Aces is another exciting attraction housed under the iconic red roof. The ride begins with a high-speed lift that takes everyone to the highest point at 63 metres after which it plummets at a speed of 120 km/hr.
This is followed by several twists, curls and high-speed rolls as the roller-coaster spirals through the dizzying loops.
Height Restrictions: 130 – 196 cm
3. SCUDERIA CHALLENGE: STATE-OF-THE-ART RACING SIMULATOR
Take a virtual turn around the iconic Yas Marina Circuit with this awesome simulator that allows you to go through a timed challenge. Although it’s a simulator, it feels quite real with the whiplash and jolts caused by hydraulic supports.
- Height Restrictions: 1.30 meters F1 Simulator| 1.5 meters F1 2.0 Simulator and Ferrari F430 GT Simulator
4. TURBO TOWER
One of the new rides in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the Turbo Tower will have your blood racing with a zero-gravity fall from a 13.5 metre-high tower.
- Height Restrictions: 105 cm
5. TURBO TRACK: AN EPIC DROP FROM THE TOP
Perfect for adventure junkies looking for more exciting rides in Ferrari World, Turbo Track takes you to a race towards the sky.
You are then catapulted at a thrilling speed to reach the peak, before plummeting into a free fall. This top attraction at Ferrari World will get your adrenalin pumping in no time.
- Height Restrictions: 130-136 cm
Here are other popular experiences and rides at Ferrari World.
- Karting Academy
- Driving Experience
- Roof Walk Experience and Zip Line Experience (Seasonal closure)
- Fiorano GT Challenge
THINGS TO DO FOR KIDS AT FERRARI WORLD ABU DHABI
While this amusement park in Abu Dhabi is family-friendly, some rides do have specific height restrictions. To make up for this, the management introduced several kid-friendly rides at Ferrari World aimed specifically at little visitors.
Here are some of the things your kids are sure to enjoy at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
1. RC CHALLENGE
Navigate through a recreation of the waterways of Italy in remote-controlled cars and boats. Can you control your vehicle in this scaled-down landscape?
- No Minimum height required
2. FLYING WINGS
One of the new rides in Ferrari World for kids, Flying Wings is the mini version of the theme park’s iconic Flying Aces ride. Be the captain of your own flight as you explore this wondrous park.
- Minimum height required: 105 cm
3. FORMULA ROSSA JUNIOR
About time little ones got their own version of the world’s fastest roller coaster! The Formula Rossa Junior is one of the most popular rides for kids in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi reaching a speed of 45 km/h.
- Minimum height required: 90 cm
4. JUNIOR GRAND PRIX
Ride around the circuit with a scaled-down version of the Ferrari after a training session and get your first taste of professional racing. This is one of the best things to do in Ferrari World for older children. Please remember that there is a height restriction.
- Minimum height required: 110-140 cm
5. SPEEDWAY RACE
This whip-style ride will make the little ones feel like Formula 1 champs in an almost-real two-seater race car that speeds by on a “race track.”
- Height Restrictions: 90-120 cm
Here are other activities and fun rides for kids at Ferrari World.
- Tyre Change Experience
- Tyre Twist
- Benno’s Great Race
- Bell’ Italia
- Speed of Magic
Other kid-friendly activities and attractions at Ferrari World include:
- An arcade – Motor Midway Games
- A Hypercars exhibition – Galleria Ferrari
- A Ferrari factory tour – Made in Maranello
SHOP FOR SOUVENIRS AT FERRARI WORLD
Don’t miss out on the chance to shop for a range of products, including collectables and souvenirs. You can visit these stores at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
- The Ferrari Store
- Ferrari Past & Present Store
BE ENTERTAINED BY THE FERRARI WORLD ABU DHABI SHOWS
This famous theme park in Abu Dhabi is not just famous for its attractions, some of which reach record-breaking speeds. Speaking about attractions in Ferrari World, there are fun shows for the whole family to enjoy as well.
Your kids will enjoy meeting the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi mascots, Berto the Mechanic, Benno the Mouse and their friends who will gladly pose for photographs.
At the Cinema Maranello*, you can enjoy watching the story of how Enzo Ferrari, the esteemed founder of the company, brought his dreams to life.
(Cinema Maranello is unavailable for visits until further notice).
Ferrari World’s rides and experiences have been modified as per the latest COVID-19 related restrictions. Some experiences might be closed so always check the official website for updates.
DINE AT THE RESTAURANTS AT FERRARI WORLD ABU DHABI
If you are feeling a little peckish in between all the fun, there are quite a few cafes and restaurants at Ferrari World where you can grab a bite. Here is a list of all the restaurants in Ferrari World.
- Mama Rosella: Award-winning trattoria where you can get the best pizzas and pasta.
- Il Podio: The restaurant is modelled after the staff refectory at the real Ferrari factory. It serves Arabic, Indian and Western treats.
- Espresso Rosso: Italian café with freshly baked pastries and yummy gelato.
- Officer’s Food Quarters: Burgers, pizzas, shawarmas and other quick bites to grab before heading back to the rides.
We recommend that you start your day at Ferrari World with a heavy breakfast and then work your way through some of the more intense rides before recharging your batteries
This way you won’t be hungry too soon. Also, avoid heavy meals right before going to the high-speed rides at Ferrari World to prevent nausea.
FERRARI WORLD TICKETS
Like other theme parks on Yas Island, there are different types of tickets for Ferrari World. Here’s a breakdown of the Ferrari World tickets.
SINGLE DAY TICKETS
- Online pre-booking is required for all tickets.
- Single Day Ferrari World tickets come with a free date change service in case you need it.
- 1 Day Any 2 Parks (Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and either Warner Bros. World™ or Yas Waterworld) – AED 395
- Unlimited 3 Days 3 Parks (Unlimited access to all three Yas theme parks over 3 days) – AED 545
You can also opt for different annual passes.
- Gold Yas Parks Annual Pass: Unlimited admission to the adventure parks i.e. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi for AED 995
- Silver Yas Parks Annual Pass: Admission for 12 months to all three adventure parks mentioned above for AED 895
- Diamond Yas Parks Annual Pass: Unlimited access and a quick pass to slides and qualifying rides for a year to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi for AED 2,895.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi Annual Pass (Admission for 12 months) – AED 695
You can buy Ferrari World tickets online via the official website.
Some hotels on Yas Island offer complimentary theme parks tickets with their stays, so it’s always a good idea to check with your hotel before booking.
DRIVING EXPERIENCE TICKETS FOR FERRARI WORLD
The Driving Experience is not covered under the usual tickets for Ferrari World. You can buy the driving package or the passenger package by paying extra.
Here’s the cost breakdown for the Driving Experience at Abu Dhabi Ferrari World.
- Driving Experience – AED 795 (Plus entry ticket)
- Passenger Experience – AED 495 (Plus entry ticket)
- VIP Experience – AED 1,995
- VIP+ Experience – AED 2,595
- You must be 21 years or older for the Driving Experience
- You must also have a valid UAE driving licence (for nationals and expats)
- Tourists must have an international driving permit or a valid licence from any of the authorised countries
TICKETS TO FERRARI WORLD ABU DHABI ROOF WALK AND ZIP LINE EXPERIENCES
Two new attractions at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi were added as part of the 10th-anniversary celebration of the theme park. The Roof Walk and Zip Line are standalone experiences and are not included in the general entry ticket.
Here’s what you have to pay for these new Ferrari World experiences.
PRICE WITH ENTRY TICKET
STAND ALONE PRICE
PRICE WITH ENTRY TICKET
STAND ALONE PRICE
PRICE WITH ENTRY TICKET
STAND ALONE PRICE
PRICE WITH ENTRY TICKET
STAND ALONE PRICE
Please note: These Ferrari World experiences have terms and conditions applied.
FERRARI WORLD OFFERS
Currently, you can opt for the following Ferrari World offers on your visit to the park.
- Family & Friends Offer (4 people) for AED 885
- Women of Ferrari World™ Abu Dhabi from 06:00 pm to 10:00 pm on 4th February and 9th March 2022 for AED 230
Please note: Terms and conditions apply to each of these promotions at Ferrari World. Make sure you read the fine print before purchase. Tickets can be bought online or at the ticketing counter at FWAD.
Since promotions keep changing, make sure to keep an eye out for the latest Ferrari World offers when planning your visit.
WHAT IS THE LOCATION AND TIMINGS OF FERRARI WORLD?
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is located in the West Yas district on Yas Island.
- Park timings: 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm (Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
These Ferrari World timings are subject to change, so always check the calendar before booking. You could easily spend all day at the park, but it’s a good idea to allocate at least five to six hours for your visit.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO GET TO FERRARI WORLD ABU DHABI ON YAS ISLAND?
The best way to get to this awesome theme park in Abu Dhabi is to drive there. You can use the Ferrari World location plus code: FJM4+GR Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates for complete directions.
If you have opted for one of the Ferrari World hotel packages, your hotel may organise shuttle services that will transport you to and from the park.
If you are coming from Dubai, the park is an hour and 15 minutes drive from Downtown Dubai. There is valet parking available at the park, but you can also find ample free parking at Ferrari World.
HOW CAN I CONTACT FERRARI WORLD?
Those in the UAE can contact Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi by using the toll-free number +971-600-511-115. Those residing outside the country can call +971-2-496-8000 (08:00 am to 08:00 pm Gulf Standard Time).
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is an absolute haven for motorheads, especially those who love the brand. But even if you’re not particularly a Ferrari fan, this entertainment zone in Abu Dhabi still has plenty to offer to anyone who is looking for a day of unique experiences.
It’s also a great place for families to enjoy with kids, especially those on the lookout for fun and refreshing indoor activities in Abu Dhabi.
If you’re looking for other indoor theme parks in Abu Dhabi, you shouldn’t miss out on a visit to Warner Bros. World. The park brings beloved characters from Looney Tunes, Batman, Superman and Flintstones to life. For those of you who’d like to beat the heat with some waterslides and rides, Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi is the place to be. The theme parks in Abu Dhabi are super exciting for the whole family as well.
Yas Island is a spectacular tourist paradise. So, it wouldn’t surprise us if you’d like to stay near all the fun activities on Yas Island while visiting the capital. There are a number of hotels on Yas Island that you can consider for your stay. If you’re looking for more permanent accommodations, you might want to explore the rental apartments on Yas Island.