Fancy yourself a roller coaster fan? These rides in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will be perfect for you! Indoor venues are generally popular in the Middle East, particularly during the humid summer season. The most prominent among them is the Ferrari-inspired theme park, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. It is located on Yas Island, one of the most beautiful man-made islands in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). For all Ferrari fans, MyBayut has come up with an extensive list of the must-try rides in Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi.
About Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
There are some basic confusions about Ferrari World. We thought of addressing these first before moving on to the rides.
Is Ferrari World indoor or outdoor?
It is an indoor theme park in Abu Dhabi, on Yas Island. At an astounding floor space of 925,000 sq. ft., it is the world’s largest indoor theme park.
Does Ferrari World have water rides?
Not particularly. RC Challenge for little champions lets them play with remote-controlled boats in water but they aren’t in the water themselves. Rides in Ferrari World are more thrill-based as it is an adventurous theme park. You can check out Yas Waterworld rides if you dig water-based adventure.
What is the speed of the fastest Ferrari World Roller Coaster?
240 kilometres per hour in just 4.9 seconds! Astounding, isn’t it?
Who owns Ferrari World?
The Abu Dhabi UAE government does. It is developed by Aldar Properties and managed by Farah Experiences.
Rides in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
There are 23 rides in Ferrari World at the moment. These have been categorised into ‘For Little Champions’, which is for kids, ‘Fast Fun’, which are basically more thrill-packed rides and ‘Family Fun’, which are rides kids and adults can enjoy together.
For Little Champions
1. Nello’s Adventureland
Let your child play at this soft adventure play area. This one requires adult supervision though.
2. RC Challenge
Built to simulate waterways of Italy, this is a fun ride for children which lets them play with their remote-controlled cars and boats in the water.
3. Khalil’s Car Wash
Let your child enjoy a playground that lets them overcome obstacles, enjoy RC racing and climb! They could play with remote-controlled pedal cars and Ferraris, slide down the carwash or climb the grandstand. This ride requires adult supervision too.
4. Junior Training Camp
Junior Training Camp is a play area that improves your child’s problem-solving skills and agility. Both young and old children can enjoy this ride. Older ones have to climb three walls, while younger ones have low-suspension bridges. Unaccompanied children need to have a minimum height of 1.2 metres though.
5. Junior GT
This is a driving school for your kids. It lets them have fun on the road with a 430 GT Spider with experts and a film to guide. Kids get to learn by driving their first Ferrari. They will learn to navigate around roundabouts, road signs and stoplights. This is one of the rides in Ferrari World that requires unaccompanied children to have a minimum height of 1 metre and a maximum height of 1.4 metres.
6. Junior Grand Prix
This is another race school for your child. They get to watch an educational film guided by experts and race on the track. It is an F1 driving school for kids who love to race. Children need to have a height of at least 110 cms for this ride.
7. Bell’ Italia
Kids can enjoy a miniature-sized version of Italy in this small Ferrari 250 Californica. They’ll get to see Maranello, Venezia, the Colosseum di Roma, the Monza Racetrack and the Amalfi Coast. Minimum height restriction for unaccompanied children is 1.2 metres, and the maximum is 2 metres.
8. Formula Rossa
This is easily the top Ferrari World roller coaster that is on every adrenalin junkies bucket list. Hop onto the world’s fastest rollercoaster that blasts you at a speed of 240 km/h in just 4.9 seconds! You will scale heights of 52 metres. Minimum to maximum height range for this ride is 1.4 metres to 1.95 metres, respectively. Maximum weight is 100 kilograms. You need to wear goggles too.
9. Scuderia Challenge
Train like a Ferrari driver at this timed attraction that is also a simulator! Their regular simulator has a minimum height limit of 1.3 metres and the advanced one has a limit of 1.5 metres. The price of the advanced simulator is not included in the entry park ticket and all three simulators have an additional cost of AED 70. You need to have a minimum height of 130 centimetres for this ride.
10. Karting Academy
You can also ride the first electric go-cart of the region, called Karting Academy. It has a 290-metre-long track and is a timed attraction so you should head there early. This one has a minimum height limit of 1.5 metres and a maximum limit of 2.1 metres.
11. Flying Aces
Head to the world’s highest rollercoaster that goes as fast as 120 km/h! It has a remarkable 51-degree incline that lets you scale 63 metres. Your height must be within 1.3 and 1.96 metres for this ride.
12. Fiorano GT Challenge
Race your friends on parallel twisting tracks in a Ferrari F430 Spider. Put your strap on and experience what a drag race feels like in Ferrari World. Fiorano GT challenge has sharp heights and furious turns, certainly not for the faint of heart. Your height must be within the 1.3 – 1.95-metre range for this ride.
13. Turbo Track
You can enjoy a zero-gravity fall and race towards the sky at Turbo Track. Ride this one as a test driver to enjoy the thrill. This is a back-to-back rollercoaster that shoots you into the sky and back down in reverse! Your height must be within the 1.3 – 1.96-metre range for this ride.
14. Driving Experience
Enjoy what it feels like to drive the car of your dreams.
- For a driving experience, charges are AED 795 for driving, AED 895 for photo and videography in addition to driving and AED 120 for each extra passenger.
- For passenger experience, charges are AED 495 per passenger, AED 595 for photo and videography in addition to each passenger and AED 120 for every extra passenger.
- There is a 30-minute briefing session before the ride so you need to arrive early.
- you will need to bring your driver’s license along for these experiences in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. You must be above 21 years. Tourists also need to have an international driving permit from their respective countries.
15. Tyre Twist
Have some Ferrari fun by sliding and colliding with your fellow riders in this spinning ride. Tyre Twist is an F1-inspired huge tyre, somewhat like a teacup ride. Each tyre seats a maximum number of five passengers. You need to have a minimum height of 1.2 metres if you are without an adult for this ride.
16. Tyre Change Experience
Race against the clock as you change the tyres of an F1 car. This exciting challenge lets you prove you have what it takes to make it to the Ferrari pit crew.
17. Motor Midway Games
This vintage 1950s-style arcade lets you play a number of fun games. You could try the old classics if you aren’t a fan of thrilling rides.
18. Made in Maranello
This is an in-depth tour of the Ferrari factory. You get to see for yourself how a Ferrari GT is made, its design, engine parts machining, painting, assembly and testing. The same 1 and 1.20-metre minimum and maximum height limit apply here too.
19. Galleria Ferrari
Get up close and personal with beautifully-crafted Ferrari cars. This gallery will show you the iconic design of these cars that reflect their evolution.
20. Driving with the champion
This cinematic motion-based simulator lets you ride a virtual F1 pro as a trainee engineer. You can cross the Maranello streets and the Fiorano track at really high speeds. You must have a minimum height of 1.07 metres and a maximum height of 1.2 metres to be eligible.
21. Speed of Magic
Our popular racer Nello takes you and your children on a 4D fantasy ride. You can enjoy the ride of your life as it makes you dive into oceans, get inside ice caves and fly over cliffs! The simulator includes light, moisture and temperature changes to appeal to your senses. Your height must be within the 1 and 1.20-metre bracket for you to be eligible.
22. Benno’s Great Race
This family ride lets you enjoy a magical world with special effects, fun characters and a number of challenges. Minimum height requirement for this ride is 1.2 metres if unaccompanied. Minimum weight requirement is 15 kg and the maximum weight limit is 100 kg.
23. Viaggio in Italia
You get to soar over the Italian landscape, the vineyards, cities and valleys in this multi-sensory simulator. It is inspired by the famous Mille Ligilia endurance race. Your minimum height must be 1.2 metres if you are unaccompanied. For accompanied kids, the height requirement is between 1 and 1.2 metres. Your maximum height should not be above 1.95 metres.
Ferrari World Ticket Prices
There are different tickets for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Residents can choose from the Ferrari World tickets for UAE residents or rely on the tourist options if you are just visiting.
- General Entry ticket (1-day validity): AED 295 per adult, AED 230 for kids under 1.3 metres. Kids under three can enter for free.
- Any two Yas Island theme park tickets (2-day validity): AED 453 per adult, AED 330 for kids under 1.3 metres. Kids under three can enter for free.
- Any three Yas Island theme park tickets (3-day validity): AED 545 per adult, AED 410 for kids under 1.3 metres. Kids under three can enter for free.
- Family and Friends tickets: AED 885 for four persons. You get a Ferrari world discount ticket with 25% off if you purchase for more than four people.
- VIP tickets: AED 1,995 per head for VIP admission and premium seats on all rides.
- VIP Plus tickets: AED 600 till AED 2,595. Gives you preferred access to all rides and attractions including Driving Experience.
- Yas Parks Annual Pass: AED 1,595 per head and 25% off on retail outlets and restaurants at the parks.
- Yas Parks Annual Platinum: AED 2,895 per head, including a Quick Pass that lets you skip queues!
- Annual Park for one park (validity 12 months): For AED 990 standard and AED 1,990 premium prices, you can access Ferrari World and other Yas Island parks, stores and restaurants.
- Annual Pass for one park during weekdays (validity 12 months): For AED 695 you can enjoy 25% off on other parks in Yas Island and visit Ferrari World any weekday of the entire year!
- Till May 4, 2019, UAE residents can enjoy access to 37 rides and free entry for children under 3 for just AED 195! A valid Emirates ID card is required for this.
In addition to these, general Ferrari World ticket prices, there are special offers for this Abu Dhabi amusement park on apps like Groupon, Entertainer and Cobone. There are also several Ferrari World offers on credit cards by ADCB, Emirates NBD and more.
Several hotels in Yas Island also offer free tickets to Ferrari World. Radisson Blu, Rotana and other hoteliers in the area are known to offer these free Ferrari world tickets.
Note that if you get a quick pass, that doesn’t just let you skip queues. It also has other benefits such as combo meals and a nominal locker fee. Additionally, prices for Driving Experience are not included in the entry tickets. You can choose from either of the driver or passenger offers:
- AED 695 for driving
- AED 795 for driving and photos
- AED 895 for driving, photos and videos
- AED 120 for an extra passenger
- AED 395 for one passenger
- AED 495 for one passenger and photos
- AED 595 for one passenger, photos and videos
- AED 120 for an extra passenger
Ferrari World Timings and Contact
The park remains open every day from 08:00 am till 08:00 pm. We would advise you to head there earlier to easily purchase tickets and avoid a long queue. You should have around six hours at hand to spend time at the park. You can call on +971-600-51-1115.
To sum it up, you can have a fun day trying the thrilling rides in Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi. To read more adventure-based posts, stay tuned to the best lifestyle & property blog in the Middle East.