Yas Waterworld is considered one of the best waterparks in the UAE as it home to a multitude of attractions that are popular with both kids and adults alike. The Emirati-themed park features over 40 rides and slides…with something for everyone. If you’re planning a visit to this fun-hub anytime soon, read on for everything you need to know.
Yas waterworld map
From the best Yas Waterworld rides to restaurants and ticket prices, we have so much to tell you about this amazing theme park. But before we get into the details, here is a look at the Yas Waterworld Map, so you get an idea of where everything is:
Best Yas Waterworld Rides
The rides at Yas Waterworld are spread out over 6 different zones, each of which is unique. If guests start in the Marah Fortress, they’ll find a range of kid-friendly rides. Looking for more of an up-tempo start? Maybe head straight for the Bandit Bomber, a suspended waterpark roller coaster.
Don’t know where to start? Let’s take a look at the top 5 rides at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, one of the best waterparks in the UAE!
1. Jebel Drop: Steepest waterslide
There are many thrill-seeking rides at Yas Waterworld, but not many are as exciting as the Jebel Drop. Its a heart-thumping, vertical-drop waterslide, where you can get an amazing view of the whole park as you slide down.
The Jebel Drop is the steepest slide in the park and is therefore immensely popular with adrenaline junkies. Try lining up early in the day to enjoy a shorter waiting time for this exciting attraction.
2. Falcons Falaj: Longest water coaster in the Middle East
This attraction is a roller coaster on water, hence the name ‘water coaster’. Spread over 300 metres, the Falcons Falaj is officially the longest water coaster ride in the Middle East. It might be a long trip up, but you will be zipping down in no time. You can expect to be screaming throughout all the twists, turns and drops as you slide along!
- Minimum height required: 110 cm
3. Bandit Bomber: one of a kind water roller coaster
Another record-breaking attraction at this Abu Dhabi waterpark is the Bandit Bomber. The suspended water coaster will have you hanging upside down. Riders can also shoot water jets at targets, triggering special effects and dropping water bombs. Equally, guests from down below can also participate in the fun by spraying riders as they zip past them. You can also remember your experience with a photo of your ride from the Bandit Bomber photobooth (at an additional cost).
- Minimum height required: 100-205 cm
4. Liwa loop: High-intensity drop
The Liwa Loop is another breathtaking attraction that you can’t miss out on in Yas Waterworld. How it works is simple enough. As the ground opens up beneath you, you’ll be dropped straight into a looping waterslide. The Liwa Loop is the only looping waterslide in the Middle East and one of the most popular Yas Waterworld rides. So, make sure you get in on the action on your visit!
- Minimum height required: 120 cm
5. Slither’s Slides: Tons of Fun
Ever wanted to experience a ride countless times? The Slither’s Slides, can be your go-to. Each of the slides has different themes and a larger than life snake that you will be shooting out of into the ride-ending splash pool.
- Minimum height required: 110 cm
And that is not all! Other Yas Waterworld rides include Hamlool’s Humps, Al Raha River and Water Wars.
Things to do for kids in Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
While this family-friendly waterpark in Abu Dhabi is filled with electrifying rides, there are some kid-friendly ones too. Here are a few attractions that your kids will surely enjoy at Yas Waterworld Abu Dubai:
1. Cannon Point
Keep an eye for the Bandit Bomber riders as they pass above you at Cannon Point. Return fire with water cannons. This play area is fun for the whole family.
2. Tot’s playground
You can relax while the tots navigate through this infants pool and slide complex. With a low water level, slides, swings and jets, your kids will never want to leave!
- Minimum height required: 150-210cm
Yehal is another water-based play area families can enjoy at the waterpark. Containing three slides, a dumping bucket and more, Yehal is also a good starting point to prepare the little ones for the big rides ahead.
4. Al Raha River
Settle in a tube and float down a lazy waterway that guides you through the caverns of Al Raha River.
One of the unique water-themed activities is Cinesplash. This water-based 5D cinema experience is not to be missed as it incorporates cinematic wizardry and cutting edge water effects. Aside from the wide array of special effects, the theatre also floods with water up to the riders’ knees, thereby completely immersing them in the experience. Riders will enjoy awe-inspiring effects such as waterfalls, water explosions, fog and rain. All that and more in 12 brilliantly exciting minutes.
Restaurants at Yas Water world Abu Dhabi
Our list of all the food and beverage outlets in the waterpark will help with those snack attacks. Here’s a list of all the restaurants:
- Salma’s Snack Shop: Munch on some sandwiches, salad or fruit for a light snack before or after the fun.
- Dana’s Diner: Take a break with scrumptious BBQ wings, burgers, salads and sandwiches.
- Chubby’s Kitchen: Enjoy different cuisines such as Arabic, Indian and Western treats, while viewing the pearl divers and rollercoaster.
- Skinny’s Frozen Treats: The best way to cool down is with some frozen lemonade, shaved ice or ice cream. Get all those icy delights from Skinny’s.
- Gahwat Nasser: A more traditional outlet featuring Arabic delicacies.
Underwater VR Experience
Want to dive the depths? You can, with an underwater VR experience at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi. Featuring everything from a seal encounter to an ocean drift drive, this activity is fun for every family member. There are four different worlds to explore:
- Sky DIVR: Soar over a majestic waterfall and glide down a mountain without leaving the ground!
- Space DIVR: Explore the cosmos and an abandoned space station
- Ocean DIVR: Encounter submarines, coves and underwater wrecks
- Journey to Lost City: Make friends with a seal as it guides you to the Lost City
Here is what visitors can expect to pay to participate in these experiences:
- VR Experience ticket price: AED 75 | AED 225 for groups
Shop at Yas Waterworld
Water activities aside, visitors to the aqua park can also indulge in some retail therapy thanks to these outlets:
- Jewana Photo: Take amazing photos and immortalise your experience at Yas Waterworld at Jewana Photo.
- Tewasha Pearl Shop: Retrieve oysters and be rewarded for your efforts with the precious pearls inside at Tewasha Pearl Shop. Have your discovery fashioned into a custom piece of jewellery.
- Qaryat Al Jewana: From prayers rooms to changing rooms and lockers to restaurants, souvenirs and other trip essentials, the Qaryat Al Jewana souk has it all.
- Sultan and Sons: Grab a souvenir and Yas Waterworld shirt as well as other branded items.
What is the price for Yas Waterworld Tickets?
Currently, the price for Yas Waterworld tickets is the same for adults and kids:
- Yas Waterworld ticket price: AED 250
Age restrictions may apply for visitors to the waterpark. The standard rule is that guests aged 11 and below must be accompanied by an adult who must also be holding a valid admission ticket.
Additional Yas Waterworld offers
The Abu Dhabi waterpark is also offering these perks for visitors:
- Family and friends offer: Buy four tickets for the price of three and save 25% on Single Day entry tickets to Yas Waterworld for AED 750. Those who buy four or more tickets online are entitled to the AED 187.5 per person rate. Apart from the discount, the offer also allows free entry for kids aged three and below and free parking. The ticket is valid until December 31st, 2021 and must be bought a day in advance by presenting a valid Emirates ID.
- Annual pass holder reservation: Those who wish to make regular visits thing may reserve their Yas Waterworld annual pass online via the park’s website.
Aside from this benefit, limited-time offers are also available for ADCB cardholders and Etihad customers.
What are the Yas Waterworld timings?
The park is open every day apart from Monday. You can plan your trip around these timings:
- Timings: 10:00 am to 06:00 pm (Closed on Monday)
These Yas Waterworld timings are also subject to change, so be sure to check their calendar before booking. Likewise, you could easily spend all day at the park, so make sure to have at least four to five hours to spend there.
What is the Yas Waterworld contact number?
For any other queries, you can contact Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi on: +971-2-414-2000.
How to get to Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi?
Yas Waterworld is located on Yas Island. The best way to get to Yas Waterworld is by car. If you have opted for one of the Yas Waterworld hotel packages, the hotel may organise shuttle services. If you are coming from Dubai, the park is an hour and 15-minutes drive from Downtown Dubai and is easily accessible.
What else is there to do in Abu Dhabi?
Yas Waterworld is only one of the many things to do in Abu Dhabi. Visitors to the capital may also indulge in other activities like cycling on Al Wathba track, exploring sand dunes and more.
Yas Waterworld is a great place for adults and kids alike since there is just so much to do. Most people like to visit when the weather is a slightly cooler as most of the Yas Waterworld attractions are outdoors, which can make the summer temperatures a little testing. Visitors should also keep the Yas Waterworld ride height restrictions in mind before deciding to visit.
That’s all for our guide to Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi. We hope you have a fantastically fun time!
Aside from the theme parks, there’s also a whole lot of other great things to do on Yas Island.
Finally, if you love waterparks, you should definitely consider visiting the popular Wild Wadi Waterpark in Dubai.
Disclaimer: Due to recent safety regulations, certain rides and attractions at Yas Waterworld may be closed and tickets are only available to purchase online. Guests are recommended to contact the facility before planning visits.