Warner Bros. World, the world’s largest indoor theme park, is located on the spectacular tourist paradise of Yas Island. The park brings the much-loved characters of the Flintstones, Jetsons, Looney Tunes, Batman and Superman to the UAE’s glorious capital city! Today we are excited to bring you our guide to Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi, which has already managed to captivate tourists and locals alike with its enviable line up of rides and attractions.
The Lands On The Warner Bros Abu Dhabi Map
This awesome attraction in Abu Dhabi is divided into six immersive themed experiences, featuring rides and attractions which are characteristic of that particular world. As you enter the park you are first thrown into an encounter with a myriad of fantastical characters in Warner Bros. Plaza. The excitement doesn’t start and stop there, cos you’ll soon be roaming the streets of Bedrock, navigating through the dizzying turns of Dynamite Gulch, saying hello to favourite childhood friends in Cartoon Junction, and visiting the superhero hubs of Gotham City and Metropolis. Let’s take a closer look at what’s on offer in each of Warner Bros. World’s six themed lands:
About Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi Plaza
The central atrium of the mammoth amusement park in Abu Dhabi is the Warner Bros. Plaza which is a celebration of the cartoons and movies that Warner Bros. is best known for. Kids (and, let’s be honest, adults as well!) will definitely find the sight of popular characters including Tweety Bird, Superman, Wile E Coyote, Bugs Bunny and Batman extremely entertaining.
The rousing cry of Fred Flintstone could very well be Yabada-Abu-Dhabi-Do now! Go back to the Stone Age in this Flintstones inspired section of the world’s largest indoor theme park. You can either join Fred, Wilma, the Rubbles and their adorable tots for a fun-filled ride on The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure or tuck into some delectable bites at the many eateries and restaurants here. This is an extremely family-friendly entertainment zone with plenty of attractions for the kids to enjoy.
You can see: Fred and Wilma Flintstone, Pebbles, Bam-Bam, Barney and Betty Rubble.
Enter the fabulous world of the Jetsons, Road Runner, Marvin the Martian and Yosemite Sam at this high octane entertainment centre of the park. Packed with some of the most exciting attractions and rides at the Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, this land brings to life the wacky adventures of the futuristic Jetsons and the more classic slapstick cartoon action of Wile E Coyote and Road Runner. Some of the popular Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi rides include Fast and Furry-ous, The Jetsons Cosmic Orbiter, Marvin the Martian Crater Crashers and Yosemite Sam Rootin’ Tootin’ Gas.
You can see: The Jetsons, Road Runner Wile E Coyote, Yosemite Sam, Marvin the Martian
Your childhood memories are bound to come rushing back as you enter the whimsical world of cartoons we have all grown up with. The eternally entertaining double act of Tom & Jerry, the ragtag bunch of the lovable Looney Tunes and the paranormal adventures of Scooby Doo and the gang are all housed in Cartoon Junction. This area of the theme park in Abu Dhabi has some gravity-defying rides, such as Daffy Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick, Cartoon Junction Carousel and Tweety Wild Wockets. You can also indulge in your mystery solving skills at Scooby-Doo: The Museum of Mysteries.
You can see: Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Taz, Tweety, Sylvester, Elmer Fudd, Scooby Doo, Shaggy
DC Comics and specifically Batman fans will love this dark and gritty recreation of the urban skyline of Gotham City, the home of the Dark Knight. Navigate through the by-lanes of the sinister world of the caped crusader and meet all your favourite super-villains including The Joker, The Riddler, Harley Quinn and Scarecrow. Popular Warner Bros Abu Dhabi rides include the Scarecrow Scare Raid, The Riddler Revolution and The Joker Funhouse. Once you are done exploring all the rides you can even get a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants in this part of the famous theme park.
You can see: Batman, Catwoman, The Joker, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Mr Freeze
Superhero fans have not just one, but two lands to explore at the Warner Brothers amusement park. In stark contrast to the edgy energy of Gotham City, Metropolis has been designed with a modern, cosmopolitan vibe and features a gorgeous artificial sky of eternal sunset. The heroes of the Justice League and Teen Titans are the stars of this contemporary superhero world. Some of the best rides in Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi can be found here. Like the other areas in this Abu Dhabi theme park, Metropolis too has its share of restaurants including Big Belly Burger, which has kid-friendly options including succulent burgers and hot dogs.
Many visitors rate Metropolis as their favourite area of the park.
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi Rides
With a mammoth $1B price tag, there are plenty of attractions at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi that are sure to keep both tourists and residents excited. The rides here are quite sophisticated and take visitors on simulated experiences using high-end technology including robotics, artificial intelligence and virtual reality. Here is a list of the Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi rides:
- Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure
- Fast and Furry-ous
- The Jetsons Cosmic Orbiter
- Marvin the Martian Crater Crashers
- Tom and Jerry: Swiss Cheese Spin
- Scooby-Doo: The Museum of Mysteries
- Cartoon Junction Carousel
- Daffy Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick
- Tweety Wild Wockets
- Ricochet Racin’ with Taz
- The Riddler Revolution
- The Joker Funhouse
- Rogues Gallery Games
- Justice League: Warworld Attacks
- Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey
- Superman 360: Battle for Metropolis
Many of the Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi rides have height related restrictions, but there are plenty of other rides for the whole family to enjoy. To know more about each one of them, check out our feature on the top Warner Bros rides.
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi restaurants and shops
Entertaining rides and lands aside, Warner Bros Abu Dhabi also has plenty of food and retail outlets:
Restaurants at Warner Bros World Plaza
When the excitement sets in and you get the hungries, where do you go to grab a bit in this fantastic indoor theme park? You won’t be short of choice! Visitors can head to these eateries at Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi:
- Bronto Burgers and Ribs: Take a bite of bedrock at the Flintstones-themed eatery at Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi.
- Gotham City’s Finest: Batman fans can have a healthy bite to eat at this restaurant which represents the Gotham City Police Department.
- Big Belly Burger: Munch on some super-sized hamburgers, fries and other fast food at Big Belly Burger.
- Mr Freeze Ice Cream Truck: Enjoy some frozen treats from Mr Freeze’s Ice Cream Truck. Watch out for that brain freeze!
- Penelope Pitstop Cotton Candy: The fluffy treat can be a great end to a hearty meal or snack for the kids
Apart from these, families can also appease their appetites at the Hall of Doom, Mammoth Munchies, Yogi Bear and Booboo Ice-cream, ACME Commissary, Celebrity Scoop, Beverly Hills Boulangerie, Hollywood Trattoria and more!
Bear in mind that outside food is not allowed, but you are allowed to bring baby food and milk. Bags will be searched on entry.
Retail outlets at Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
Apart from the exciting rides and worlds to explore, you can also shop for Warner Bros merchandise, clothing and other exciting products at Warner Bros Abu Dhabi. From an official studio store to outlets based on the cartoon characters that you grew up with, here is what’s in store for visitors:
- Warner Bros. Studio Store: Take your pick from a range of Warner Bros. World™ logo merchandise to remember your experience by.
- Superstar Souvenirs: From hats to tees and more, you can shop for the best Loony Tunes fashion essentials at this store.
- Daily Planet Newstand: Read all about it! Collect special edition versions of the Daily Planet along with amazing merchandise to remember your visit to Metropolis by!
- Treasures of Hollywood: Located in the Warner Bros Plaza, this outlet is your best source for luxury collectibles, watches, trinkets and more.
- Bugs Bunny and Co: From plush toys and other keepsakes from mini departments dedicated to Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera.
Apart from the mentioned outlets, visitors to Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi can also get in some retail therapy at the Bedrock Boutique, Yosemite Sam Rootin’ Tootin’ Gas, Fudd Hardware, Acme Company Store and more.
Shows at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
It’s not just about the rides and the food at the largest indoor theme park in the world. There are some spectacular shows you can relax and watch with the family in the interactive environment of the park. At certain specific times in the day, the Warner Bros. Plaza transforms into the setting of a musical celebration of the best works of the entertainment conglomerate. Other shows at Warner Bros. Park include Meet Bugs and Daffy, The Joker Surprise Party and DC Superheroes in training.
FAQs about Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
What are the Warner Bros Word opening times?
- Warner Bros Abu Dhabi timing for weekdays: 10:00 am to 08:00 pm (Saturday to Wednesday)
- Warner Bros Abu Dhabi timings for weekends: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Rides and attractions commence operations at 11:00 am
Where is the theme park located?
- Valet parking is available, but there is plenty of free parking as well.
- The park is located on Yas Island, which is a 15-minute drive from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 40 minutes from Dubai by Sheikh Zayed road.
- The park is completely indoors, even though there is an artificial sky that transforms into a screen for shows, making it one of the ideal family-friendly activities in Abu Dhabi for the summer.
- The best way to get to the park is by car. If you are staying in one of the Yas Island hotels, shuttle buses may be available for visitors to the park.
- Additional theme parks such as Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld are located nearby and the Yas Mall is also just 10 minutes away.
What are the Warner Bros ticket prices?
There are different types of tickets for Warner Bros Abu Dhabi. Here is the list:
- General Admission Warner Bros tickets price: Includes access to all Warner Bros Abu Dhabi rides and shows for AED 295 per visitor.
- Family & Friends tickets: One complimentary daily ticket when paying for three family members and 25% discount for any general admission tickets purchased along with this. AED 885 for four persons.
- Annual Pass: A pass for year-round access to all rides and attractions and special discounts on dining and other attractions in Warner Bros theme park. AED 990 per head.
We would recommend that you buy tickets for Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi online to avoid any long waits on the day of your visit, especially if you have small children with you.
Some of the hotels on Yas Island are even having promotional offers with free tickets to Warner Bros. World, for guests staying at the hotel. These offers on the Warner Bros Abu Dhabi tickets usually pop-up during Eid and other similar festivals. So make sure to keep your eye out for any upcoming Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi offers if you are planning to visit.
Buying property in Yas Island is a good idea, as the opening of the park has made it even more attractive for tourists. Those who live in the apartments for rent on Yas Island can also enjoy close proximity to all Yas Island’s many attractions.
We love it! The fact that the park is indoors continues to result in a lot of positive Warner Bros Abu Dhabi reviews, as it still makes for a great excursion even when the temperatures are soaring in the UAE. The rides truly transport you to the cartoon-laden memories of your childhood. Take advantage of the promotional offers and enjoy a weekend of great fun with friends and family at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.
Looking for kid-specific attractions in the capital? Our list of popular play areas for kids in Abu Dhabi is a great place to start.
For those seeking family-friendly attractions in Abu Dhabi’s neighbouring emirate, here’s our guide to the many excellent theme parks in Dubai.
The cover image belongs to Warner Bros World.