ABOUT AL OWAN
Close to Ajman Corniche, Al Owan is a mixed-use neighbourhood with commercial and apartment buildings. It is situated near the coastal side of Ajman and offers affordable properties, both in terms of residential and commercial options. In addition to retail outlets, apartments and commercial properties, the community houses Ajman Gold Souk.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Mixed-use community close to Ajman Corniche
- Consists of apartment and office buildings
- Includes shops, small malls and retail outlets too
- Supermarkets, restaurants, hotels and health clubs within the area
- Home to Ajman Gold Souk
Al Owan Ajman is a thriving neighbourhood where you can enjoy affordable living in proximity to the coastal side of Ajman. Along with eateries and grocery stores, the community is abundant in hotels, spas, health and fitness centres too. It is perhaps best known for being home to the Gold Souk Ajman.
Apartments in Al Owan come in studio to 2-bed units while those interested in commercial properties can find shops and malls too. Most of the buildings are occupied with a few options available. Amenities such as schools, malls, parks and other recreational destinations in the city are close to the neighbourhood too.
PROPERTIES IN AL OWAN
Properties in Al Owan include apartments, shops and showrooms. Apartment types range from studio to 2-bedroom units and have different built-up areas. Utilities are powered by FEWA in the units with centralised air conditioning and heating also available.
Studio units cover a floor area from 350 sq. ft. to 500 sq. ft. and include a living and sleeping area, an open one-walled kitchen and a bathroom. There is no balcony in studio apartments, instead the windows provide ample light into the units.
The floor area of 1-bedroom units ranges between 800 sq. ft. and 1,000 sq. ft. In addition to a bedroom with an attached bathroom, there is a living and dining area, closed kitchen and powder room.
2-bedroom units, the largest units in the community, cover a built-up area from 800 sq. ft. to 1,700 sq. ft. Along with two bedrooms with attached bathrooms; these units include a living and dining area, a closed and expansive kitchen, a powder room and a balcony too.
Shops in the community tend to cover an average floor area of 500 sq. ft. and are suitable for being converted into restaurants, cafes, laundry shops or convenience stores. Commercial properties such as small malls are available on a freehold basis too, costing an average of AED 5M for a mall measuring 3,300 sq. ft.
RENTAL TRENDS IN AL OWAN
Apartments for rent in Al Owan are available as per the listed rental trends.
- The rent of studio units ranges from AED 14K and AED 25K yearly.
- 1-bedroom apartments have an annual rental range starting from AED 22K going up to AED 27K.
- You can rent a 2-bedroom apartment for anywhere between AED 35K and AED 52K.
A shop measuring 500 sq. ft. in the community can cost around AED 45K annually.
HOTELS IN AL OWAN
There are many affordable aparthotels, condominium hotels as well as high-end 3-star hotels in Al Owan, such as:
- Al Smou Hotel Apartments – 36, Abu Baker Al Sediq Street
- Emirates Plaza Hospital – 5, Omar Bin Khatab Street
- Luluat Al Khaleej Hotel Apartments – 15/2, Umm Salma Street
- Al Rayan Hotel – 10, Abu Baker Al Sediq Street
- Safari Hotel Apartments – 10, Al Karama Street
The neighbouring Ajman Corniche is home to many 5-star hotels, such as:
- Bahi Ajman Palace Hotel – 150, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
- Fairmont Ajman – 152, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
- Ajman Saray – 174, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
- Ajman Hotel – 176, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
Many of these hotels rank in the list of the top hotels for enjoying a staycation in Ajman, owing to their luxurious amenities. Fairmont Ajman houses the Aqua Bounce Splash Park in the city.
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING IN AL OWAN
Most of the buildings offer ground level or underground parking spaces. Guests and visitors may not find street parking easily though.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION NEAR AL OWAN
Ajman Corniche Bus Stop is the only bus stop that falls within the borders of the area and it services Route AJ6. Other bus stops and bus stations near Al Owan include Ajman Marina Stop and Manama Market (Al Nakhil) 2 Bus Stop, both of which are five minutes away. These bus stops service the routes AJ5 and AJ6. Al Musalla Station, the central bus station in the locality is 6 minutes away and serves buses including AJ1, AJ2, AJ3, AJ5, AJ6, AUH, DXB1, E400, E411, RAK and SHJ1. The E400 route is the Dubai to Ajman Bus, connecting the two emirates together.
AMENITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
SUPERMARKETS IN AL OWAN
When it comes to grocery shopping, Al Owan is dotted with a wide variety of grocery stores and supermarkets all over. Not only are they well stocked in grocery and food items but consist of home care and home improvement items too. A few of these supermarkets in Al Owan include:
- Sahar Supermarket – Al Warqaa 4
- Happy Land Supermarket – 23, Abu Al Atahiya Street
- Mango Supermarket – 10, Othman Bin Afan Street
- Galaxy Supermarket – Al Mass Building
- Zaid City Grocery Store – Geepas Building
- Behzad Supermarket – Al Etihad Tower
- Choithrams – 108/2, Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi Street
LuLu Hypermarket, one of the best supermarkets in Ajman is located in the adjacent Al Bustan area beside Sheikh Rashid Bin Abdul Aziz Street. It is a full-fledged hypermarket with two floors above ground and a huge stock of all essentials. You can even purchase traditional Emirati wear here along with electronics, furniture and hot food.
MOSQUES IN AL OWAN
Muslims will find a large number of mosques in Al Owan at their disposal, which include:
- Hamza Bin Abdul Mutalib – 188/1, Omar Bin Al Khatab Street
- Bin Lootah Mosque – 5, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuami Street
- Ghanim Bin Hamad Al Shamisi – 147, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
- Sheikh Abdullah Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi Masjid – 75, Abu Baker Al Siddique Street
- Abdullah Bin Masood Mosque – 18, Hussain Bin Naser Lootah Street
- Ibrahim Khalifa Muhammad Al Sayeedi – 8/4, Saad Bin Abi Waqas Street
- Abdul Aziz Zulawi Mosque – 10, 43 Street
- Al Noor Masjid – 5/1, 53 Street
OTHER PLACES OF WORSHIP NEAR AL OWAN
For Hindus, the temples in Bur Dubai are 40 minutes away. These include three temples, catering to different sects within Hinduism. Moreover, there is a small Gurudwara in the Bur Dubai locality too. Sikhs can take a drive of an hour and reach Guru Nanak Darbar Gurudwara, which is the largest Gurudwara in the Gulf Region.
Al Rayan Hotel in the community hosts a number of churches. Christians in the community can find three of Ajman’s churches within this hotel. They include:
- Seventh – Day Adventist Church Ajman
- First Bible Baptist Church
- Grace Assembly Tamil Church
Grace Assembly Tamil Church is a Pentecostal church, First Bible Baptist Church is a Baptist church while Seventh – Day Adventist caters to the Adventist group in the city. Two more churches, held in Crown Palace Hotel and Suites Ajman, reachable within five minutes by car. These include Winners Chapel International and The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).
SCHOOLS NEAR AL OWAN
The nearby schools are mostly government schools that serve the locals. For private renowned schools offering international curriculum, you can drive from 5 to 20 minutes.
Some of the best schools near Al Owan are:
- The Bloomington Academy – Al Bustan
- British International School – Nuaimeya 3
- Al Hikmah Private – Nuaimeya 1
- Al Ameer English School – Al Jurf
- Ajman Modern School – Al Jurf
The Bloomington Academy and British International School rank amongst Ajman’s best British schools. Both of these offer classes starting from The Early Years Foundation Stage up to A-Level. British International School in particular houses many sports courts, a rock garden, a butterfly garden, a football ground and a greenhouse too.
Al Hikmah Private School follows the guidelines set by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and teaches the curriculum in Arabic too.
Al Ameer English School and Ajman Modern School are both located in Al Jurf and can be reached within a drive of 16 minutes. Al Ameer English School (AAES) follows the Indian curriculum and language instruction in multiple languages, including Hindi, Malayalam, French and Urdu. Classes here range from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Ajman Modern School offers classes from Kindergarten to Grade 12 based on American curriculum, with a special focus on New York State Standards as well as the Next Generation Science Standards.
CLINICS AND HOSPITALS NEAR AL OWAN
Yaseen Medical Centre and Al Helal Medical Centre are both multi-specialty medical centres in Al Owan. You can visit in case of medical emergencies and treatments.
Other clinics and hospitals near Al Owan include:
- Amina Hospital – Al Quds Street, Al Rashidiya 3
- Dear Health Medical Centre – Al Swan Tower, Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi St
- Northern Ahalia Medical Centre – Al Waqf Building, Al Bustan
Amina Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Ajman, owing to its state-of-the-art technology and healthcare services.
LBJ Grand Management Consultancy manages Dear Health Medical Centre, which offers services in family medicine, dental, obstetrics and gynaecology too. Northern Ahalia Medical Centre operates under the Ahalia Group that has many satellite medical centres in different regions of UAE, especially Abu Dhabi.
Being close to the coastal side of Ajman makes Al Owan close to Ajman Corniche as well as Ajman Marina. Both Ajman Corniche and Ajman Marina are home to luxurious hotels and recreational activities in Ajman.
Al Nakhil overlaps with Al Owan while Al Bustan is located on the eastern border. Al Bustan further consists of areas such as Al Butain. Al Rumaila neighbours Al Owan to the south while Al Rashidiya 3 neighbours to the southwest. These areas consist of apartment buildings as well as office towers, retail outlets and supermarkets.
SHOPPING, DINING AND NIGHTLIFE
MALLS NEAR AL OWAN
Most of the malls near Al Owan are located within a short drive and rank amongst Ajman’s best malls. These include:
- Safeer Mall
- Galleria Mall
- City Centre Ajman
Safeer Mall is located 10 minutes away in Al Nuaimiya. In addition to miscellaneous shopping stores and a hypermarket, the mall consists of Fun City, which offers different thrilling and educational rides.
Galleria Mall is one of the newer malls in the city and comes with a hypermarket, food court, play area and a wide variety of stores to shop from. It is situated in the New Industrial Area at a 15-minute drive.
City Centre Ajman is 16 minutes away in Al Jurf. Covering retail space of 34,000 sq. m. the mall has the largest branch of Carrefour hypermarket in the city along with 18 eateries, a branch of Magic Planet and VOX Cinemas with nine screens.
RESTAURANTS IN AL OWAN
You can dine in a variety of restaurants in Al Owan, some of which include:
- Hala Restaurant – 137a, Othman Bin Afan Street
- Chacha Machi – 70, Al Karama Street
- Soya Chang – Fazan Tower
- Al Habasha – Barakah 2 Building
- Themar Al Bahar Restaurant – 131, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
Hala Restaurant is a South Indian restaurant while Chacha Machi is an Indian seafood restaurant. Soya Chang is an Asian restaurant while Al Habasha focuses on different Ethiopian dishes. Themar Al Bahar Restaurant is a seafood restaurant.
Cafes in Al Owan include:
- Marmarita Café – Mermaid Beach Hotel
- Berlin Restaurant & Coffee Shop – 139, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street
- Tea Junction – Al Huda Building
The nearby Ajman Corniche boasts many fine dining restaurants and bars too, such as:
- Dragon’s Place – Bahi Ajman Palace Hotel
- Vista – Ajman Saray
- Bukhara – Ajman Hotel
Each of these restaurants in Ajman Corniche provides a chic atmosphere with full bars and live entertainment too. Dragon’s Place is an Asian restaurant that serves Japanese and Thai cuisines while Vista specialises in Mediterranean dishes and seafood. Bukhara is an upscale Indian restaurant and one of the best Indian restaurants in Ajman.
BEACHES NEAR AL OWAN
Al Owan shares a border with the Ajman Corniche on its western side, making Ajman Beach Corniche accessible by walk. In fact, the beaches on Ajman corniche offer a wide variety of activities, which rank amongst the best things to do in Ajman.
Sharjah Open Beach, located in the neighbouring emirate of Sharjah is 12 minutes from Al Owan. One of Sharjah’s best beaches, it consists of a waterfront promenade measuring 6.5 kilometres and wall-mounted benches spanning up to 1.5 kilometres. Moreover, it has cycling tracks, food trucks, shaded lounges and prayer areas too.
LEISURE ACTIVITIES AND NOTABLE LANDMARKS
Bordering Al Owan is Ajman Corniche, which is a popular tourist destination in the UAE. You can enjoy a day under the sun or visit any of the hotels. Moreover, Marsa Ajman, a waterfront promenade is home to the Marsa Ajman fountain too.
Ajman Museum is only 5 minutes away. A cultural and historical hotspot in the emirate, Ajman Museum or Ajman Fort Museum dates back to the 18th century. It underwent several changes, such as being a mainstay for the ruling family of Ajman as well as being a police station. The museum has several exhibits, figurines and displays that allow you to take a brief trip to the history of the United Arab Emirates.
Funtastico Splash, a waterpark, is reachable within a 25-minute drive. Located in Al Zorah, the waterpark features bouncy castles, slides, a trampoline as well as bike rental options.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
There are no parks within the area, which is why residents will have to drive to Rashidiya Park, which is reachable within a 10-minute drive. One of Ajman’s best parks, it is strictly a family park where ladies and children are allowed entry only. Families interested in visiting the park with males will have to call before going.
Gyms in and near Al Owan include:
- Health Square – Dewan Tower B
- Al Corniche Body Building Gym – Al Owais Tower
- Al Mass Body Fitness – 38, Abu Baker Al Sediq Street
- Gym Town – Men and Women Fitness Centre – Al Rumailah
- Six Pack Body Fitness Gym – Karama Plaza, Al Bustan
Health Square ranks as one of the best gyms in Ajman due to its wide range of fitness routines, weight loss programmes and activities.
Residents can avail beauty therapy and treatments by visiting many of the salons and spas in the community. Some of these include:
- Al Ahrar Gents Salon – 30, Al Karama Street
- Al Tasmeem Hair Cutting Gents Salon – 8, Al Karama Street
- Al Rabea Hair Dressing Gents Salon – 18, Othman Bin Afan Street
- Salwa Beauty Ladies Salon – 4/1A, 15 Street
- Lotus Spa – Al Owais Tower
Many events are held in the nearby malls and hotels on public or national holidays. Festivals and outdoor events also take place in Marsa Ajman, which is accessible by walk.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Al Owan has many properties that are suitable for families and bachelors alike. Its proximity to Ajman Corniche renders it a convenient option for those who are interested in a lively nightlife too. However, the community can become congested, especially during peak hours. This point is to be considered before renting.
- 30-minute drive to Sharjah International Airport
- The city of Sharjah is reachable within 15 minutes
- Dubai city is 30 minutes away
- Umm Al Quwain is 30 minutes away