Often when we think of Japanese cuisine, we imagine rolls and rolls of delicious sushi, maki, and sashimi or piping hot bowls of ramen. But, Japanese cuisine offers much more than sushi, noodles and rice. The exotic Asian cuisine has desserts to rival the choicest French patisseries. When it comes to sweet treats from the land of the rising sun, Japanese cheesecake is one of the most popular desserts in Dubai. MyBayut is here with a comprehensive list of the best places to get a jiggly and buttery soft Japanese cheesecake in Dubai.
Uncle Fluffy is a household name famous for its pillowy soft cheesecakes. Located across different districts in Dubai such as Downtown Dubai and Jebel Ali, Uncle Fluffy is known for serving the best Japanese cheesecake in the city.
Uncle Fluffy cheesecakes in Dubai are so popular that the company once had to introduce a one cake per person policy during peak hours to meet the demands.
- Opening hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm | 10:00 am – 12:00 midnight
- Cost: AED 120.75 for large cheesecake | AED 68.25 for medium cheesecake | AED 18.90 for regular cheesecake
- Location: Ground Floor, Dubai Marina Mall, Dubai Marina, Dubai
- Contact: +971-56-572-5880
Located in the posh district of Jumeirah 1, Uncle Tetsu is home to undoubtedly one of the most popular Japanese cheesecakes in Dubai. With branches in several counties and cities around the world, Uncle Tetsu with its 6-inch fluffy cheesecake is garnering a fan following in Dubai as well. Uncle Tetsu is famous for serving super-light, moist and freshly baked cheesecake with premium ingredients.
- Opening hours: 10:00 am – 12:30 am
- Cost: AED 39 for a 6-inch Japanese cheesecake
- Location: Shop 40, Central, La Mer, Jumeirah 1, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-587-7085
Motomachi is not just famous for its maki, sushi and nigiri, the eatery is known for its cheesecakes as well. You can either buy a slice or the entire cake if you believe a slice or two won’t suffice!
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Cost: AED 21 per slice & AED 110 for the whole cake
- Location: Ground Level, Near Robinsons, Dubai Festival City Mall, Festival Boulevard Road, Dubai Festival City, Dubai
- Contact: 600-52-4646
Located in Al Ghurair Centre in Al Rigga district and the Ibn Battuta Mall in Jebel Ali, Yakitate is a boutique Japanese bakery and café serving mouth-watering desserts. Yakitate in Japanese means “freshly baked” and patrons are not disappointed when they get a Yakitate soufflé chocolate cheesecake fresh out of the oven. You can also pair the delicious soft cheesecake with a beverage of your choice.
- Opening hours: 08:30 pm – 12:00 midnight
- Location: Shop E3, Ground Floor, Opposite Al Ghurair Center, Street 22 A, Al Rigga, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-9085
Atisuto, located in several malls across the UAE including, Ibn Battuta Mall is one of the best spots to get a delectable Japanese cheesecake. So, if you’re craving cheesecake, head to Atisuto and order a cake to treat yourself or enjoy it with your friends and family.
- Opening hours: 11:30 am – 12:00 midnight
- Location: Near New Metro Link, Persia Court, Ibn Battuta Mall, Garden Cross Road, Jebel Ali Village, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-885-5111
SIMPLY OISHII CAFÉ
Simply Oishii Café offers authentic Japanese desserts. The well balanced Japanese cheesecakes in Dubai by Simply Oishii are without a doubt the best-seller. But if you wish to try other varieties of cake and dessert, apple parfait, cheese chocolate tart, and the chiffon cake are the best options.
- Opening hours: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Location: Shop 1, Ground Floor, Larimar Building, Opposite Al Maya Supermarket, Al Barsha Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-227-3666
For those residing in apartments in DIFC or the bustling district of Al Wasl, Yamanote has all your cheesecake cravings covered. Try other desserts as well, such as the Yamanote Signature croissant, pastries, Totoro bun infused with Nutella and melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
- Opening hours: 08:00 am – 07:00 pm
- Location: Balcony, Level 2, Building 5, DIFC, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-351-0786
This wraps-up our list of the best Japanese cheesecakes in Dubai and where to find them. Uncle Fluffy Japanese cheesecakes in Dubai are one of the most popular, followed by the legendary Uncle Tetsu.
Japanese restaurants and cafes in Dubai are known for their authentic Japanese dishes such as sushi, nigiri, maki, teppanyaki and desserts. For more cakes and desserts don’t forget to check out the best cake shops in Dubai to make any occasion memorable. Also, you can satisfy your sweet tooth by trying some of the best Insta-worthy desserts in Dubai.
Sushi restaurants in Dubai are the most popular when it comes to tasting a varying selection of sushi, nigiri and maki. Similarly, there are several budget-friendly Japanese restaurants in Dubai where you can enjoy a delicious bento box or a bowl of savoury ramen.
Similarly, if it’s the popular street foods from India, China, Pakistan and Japan you crave for, take a look at MyBayut’s list of the best places to find delicious Asian street foods in Dubai. Or if you’re looking for places to celebrate the New Year in Dubai, try these New Year’s brunches in Dubai for a festive meal.