Calling all Mamas and Papas! Want some much-needed me-time, or just looking to finish your errands without a cranky kid in tow? We at Bayut have rounded up the best places to drop kids off in Dubai for a few hours so that you get some kid-free time! Unwind at the spa, catch up with friends or finish that pressing errand – all while your little one is entertained by some of the most fun and educational kids activities in Dubai. Whether your kid is artsy or sporty, there’s something for them on this list. Keep in mind, some of the places below require that the child is accompanied by a caretaker. Read on below for some of the best indoor play areas to drop kids off in Dubai for a day!
BEST indoor play areas TO DROP KIDS off IN DUBAI
Let the little ones be the adults for a change! This edutainment centre in Dubai offers up a scaled replica of a real city, where the kids are in charge. If your child has dreamed of being a firefighter, police officer or more, KidZania is where those dreams come to life! At this extraordinary interactive city, kids can discover and enjoy through role play in different jobs, all the while learning about team work, handling money and other life skills. They’ll earn kidZos, the currency of KidZania, which the kids can spend on other activities or items. Don’t worry, a fully trained adult known as a ‘Zupervisor’ will be present at every activity to help guide and watch over the children. Let the kids feel all grown up for a day at one of the best indoor kids activities in Dubai, while parents indulge in some retail therapy at the mall.
- Price: AED 180 onwards per child (4 – 16 years old) AED 105 per child (2 – 3 years old)
- Ages: Best for ages between 4 – 16 years.
- Location: Level 2, Dubai Mall
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Wednesday: 10am to 10pm, Thursday to Saturday: 10am to 11pm
- Contact: 800 38224 6255
If your child is in awe of the construction around the city, they’ll jump at the chance to spend the day at one of the coolest new indoor play areas in Dubai – based around a construction site! The kiddos will put their hard hats on and they’ll have a whale of a time as they dig, build, create and work together. Drive a remote-controlled truck? Construct the world’s tallest (Lego) tower? Take control of a full-size digger? Your kids won’t run out of things to do at this place. There are even drawing and colouring activities for the younger Diggers. With child-care certified staff keeping an eye on your little ones, you’re free to catch a movie at the cinemas next door!
- Price: AED 125 per child for 1.5 hours (AED 50 for every additional 30 minutes)
- Ages: 3 years and above
- Location: Level 2, Springs Souk, Springs Community
- Opening Hours: 10am – 10pm
- Contact: 04 4384479
Got a Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi in the making? Drop them off at GOAL! Junior for their fill of football fun, while you enjoy all that Dubai Mall has to offer. Their 1-hour package promises two football matches, along with wall climbing and car-racing simulator – giving your child plenty of time to score that winning goal and take their team to glory! With this drop n shop service in Dubai, your kids will be exercising – and having the time of their lives, to boot! For the concerned parent, every child will wear a wristband to keep an eye on their whereabouts, making it the perfect place to drop kids off in Dubai.
- Price: AED110 per child (one hour) AED 220 per child (three hours)
- Ages: 6 years and above
- Location: Level 10, Dubai Mall
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Wednesday: 10am to 10pm, Thursday to Saturday: 10 am to 12 am
- Contact: 04 388 22 82
Speaking of indoor play areas in Dubai, the younger kids will love this one. From the Monkey Clubhouse where kids can play house to Arts and Crafts Garden which allows kids to bring out their artistic side, oodles of fun await at Cheeky Monkeys. It’s a learning and play experience like no other and gets the kids away from the screens too! With multiple locations around Dubai, Cheeky Monkeys is an excellent indoor play area where you can drop kids off in Dubai, while you finish up day-to-day errands.
- Price: AED 55 per child per hour (AED 33 for every additional hour), AED 110 for full-day pass
- Ages: 5 years and above
- Location: Multiple locations
- Opening hours: Check Cheek Monkeys website
- Contact: 04 3850875
This indoor play area in Dubai is the solution to every parent’s busy day. Drop the kids off here and they’ll have a ball as they explore this awesome soft play area. They also have a handy parent café, where mums and dads can get up to speed in an interruption-free workspace or have a bite and relax.
- Price: AED 40 per child per hour (AED 15 for every additional hour), AED 100 for full day pass
- Ages: 5 years and above (Kids below five must be accompanied by a caregiver)
- Location: Motorcity and Jumeirah
- Opening Hours: 9am to 8pm
- Contact: 04 452 5543 / 04 388 8086
Located in Dubai Mall, Caboodle is the perfect place to drop kids off in Dubai while you indulge in some retail therapy. With a plethora of enriching activities to choose from, kids and parents will love Caboodle instantly. The kids can let loose in the soft play area, then express their creativity in craft activities. There’s also a salon for the little ones who want a little pampering! Every day has themed activities, making sure your tiny tots are never bored. Their Drop N Shop service in Dubai means the Caboodle staff will ensure your child is supervised while you are away!
- Price: AED 70 per half hour
- Ages: From 18 months to 8 years old
- Location: Level 2, Dubai Mall
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Saturday: 10am to 11pm
- Contact: 04 325 3367
- We Rock The Spectrum – Kids’ Gym
Is your little one always buzzing with energy? Let your kids get active at this unique kids’ gym in Dubai! From trampolines to ziplines, it’s an exciting adventure at We Rock The Spectrum (WRTS). All the activities geared toward developing motor skills, strength and hand-eye coordination. So, your kids will be developing a healthier lifestyle – all while having boatloads of fun! The WRTS is also an all-inclusive kids’ gym: children with sensory processing disorders can have fun with the specialised sensory equipment that is specifically designed for them. An arts and crafts section also awaits with beading, painting and other fun activities.
- Price: AED 126 per hour
- Ages: 2 – 13 years (children must be potty trained)
- Location: Beach Park Plaza Centre, Beach Road, Jumeirah
- Opening Hours: Saturday to Wednesday: 10am – 8pm, Thursday and Friday: 10am – 10pm
Mattel Play Town
With childhood favourite characters like Barney, Bob the Builder and Fireman Sam at Mattel Play Town, your kid is guaranteed to have a great time at this superb edutainment centre in Dubai. Children will love the performances by the lovable Barney, delight in watching Thomas and Friends come to life in 4D cinema and enjoy singing along with Bob the Builder. And they won’t just be having fun, they’ll also be learning about teamwork, good manners and positive values while they’re at it. It’s a win-win situation for parents!
- Price: AED 175 per child for two hours (AED 25 for every additional hour)
- Ages allowed: 3 years and above (children must be potty trained or accompanied by nanny)
- Location: City Walk, Dubai
- Opening Hours: Saturday – Wednesday: 9am to 8pm, Thursday: 9am to 10pm, Friday: 10am to 10pm
The Drop N Shop in Dubai is ideal for parents whose kids need entertaining while they take some me-time! Please check if a caregiver is required to be with the child if they aren’t potty-trained! Make sure that your book a place for your child beforehand, so they don’t miss out on these fun and educational kids activities in Dubai.
You’ll also like these family-friendly activities to try out in Abu Dhabi or fun activities to do with kids in Dubai! And stay tuned to MyBayut, Dubai’s best property blog, for reviews and information on lifestyle and more!
Image Credits: Cover Image is courtesy Mattel Play Town