As the years go by, the popularity of Dubai Dolphinarium only seems to go from strength to strength. Take a look at our Dubai Dolphinarium review to find out why this is one of the unmissable attractions in Dubai, especially if you have little kids.
Things to do in the Dubai Dolphinarium
A visit to Dubai Dolphinarium is one of the most wonderful family experiences you can have.
- Located inside the Dubai Creek Park, the dolphinarium is conveniently accessible for families living in rental flats in Oud Metha and the Dubai Healthcare City.
- The facility is spread over a 54,000 sq. ft. area.
- With 6 resident bottlenose dolphins, Dubai Dolphinarium attracts families and animal enthusiasts from far and wide.
- Besides the dolphins, the place is also home to more than 20 different exotic bird species and a population of seals.
Although famous for its dolphin and seal show, the Dubai Dolphinarium has a host of other activities to keep you entertained for hours. The fully air-conditioned facility ensures the scorching desert heat stays outside. Whether you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind experience or a day out with the kids, the dolphinarium wouldn’t disappoint you. And this Dubai Dolphinarium review will ensure you know exactly where the fun is.
The Popular Dolphin and Seal Show in Dubai
Experience an immersive spectacle as you watch the glorious dolphins perform at the Dubai dolphin and seal show in Dubai. The astounding skills and talent possessed by these seals and dolphins leave the audience in awe. Watch them jump through hoops, dance, play ball, sing and juggle to put up an action-packed performance for you. The adorable fur seals are also part of the show. The dolphin and seal show in Dubai Dolphinarium takes place in the main pool surrounded by arena style seating.
- The Dubai dolphin and seal show happen daily from Monday to Saturday.
- There are three show times that you can choose from: 11:00 am, 02:00 pm and 06:00 pm.
- 11:00 am shows on Monday, Friday and Saturday are discounted shows.
- Regular dolphin and seal show tickets cost AED 105 for adults and AED 50 for children.
- VIP tickets are priced at AED 125 for adults and AED 85 for children.
- Regular tickets for discounted shows cost AED 75 for adults and AED 45 for children.
The Dolphin Planet in Dubai
Dolphin Planet Dubai is more commonly referred to as “swimming with the dolphins” and a Dubai Dolphinarium review would be incomplete without mentioning it. This activity is great for anyone who wants to interact with the dolphins and even swim with them. These lovable creatures are a joy to watch as they perform, but the experience of being up close and personal with them goes way beyond that. The entire activity is supervised by expert dolphin trainers to ensure you have an experience worth remembering.
- When swimming with the dolphins, you could choose between shallow water or deep swimming experiences.
- Regardless of what session you choose, swimming with the dolphins takes place from Monday to Saturday.
- Available time slots include 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 03:00 pm and 04:00 pm.
- You MUST book your slot(s) in advance. Call EXT 103 for booking reservation.
- Mixed Groups: AED 475 for Shallow Water Experience and AED 630 for Deep Swimming (per person)
- Mixed Groups: AED 1900 for Shallow Water Experience and AED 2500 for Deep Swimming (for 3 persons)
Creek Park Exotic Bird Show in Dubai Dolphinarium
Want to see exotic birds in action? The Creek Park Bird Show at Dubai Dolphinarium is just the entertainment you need. The place houses more than 20 exotic birds and parrot species that have been trained to perform tricks and interact with people. They will fly over your heads sit on your shoulder and do their bidding while you marvel at their beauty and intelligence.
Purchase your tickets and witness Green Winged Macaws, Red Billed Hornbill, Sulphur-crested Cockatoos, Sun Conures and more in action.
- The show happens thrice every day from Monday to Saturday
- Show timings: 12:15 pm, 03:15 pm and 07:15 pm
- The Creek Park Exotic Bird Show tickets are priced at AED 30 for kids and AED 50 for adults
Other Activities in Dubai Dolphinarium
The 5D and 7D Cinema
Experience the charm of virtual reality at Dubai Dolphinarium’s 5D/7D Cinema. Combining 3D cinema’s visual effects with other physical and sensory sensations, this cinema allows you to ‘see and feel’ the movie you watch. The 7D cinema even lets you become a part of the movie and shoot at various targets until the movie lasts. This is a truly unique experience.
- Tickets for both, the 5D Cinema-Movie Ride and the 7D Cinema-Shooting Game cost AED 25 per person for a 3-5 minute session
The Trampoline Park
The trampoline park in Dubai Dolphinarium isn’t just for kids. It’s open for all ages and double the fun when you let your inner child out while bouncing off it. The fur seals and dolphins don’t have to be the only creatures performing acrobatics at the Dubai Dolphinarium. Don’t hold back on having a great time with your friends and family.
- Trampoline Park tickets cost AED 10 per person for a 15-minute session.
The Mirror Maze
Challenge yourself with one of the craziest activities you can indulge in. The Dubai Dolphinarium Mirror Maze is a dizzying labyrinth of life-size mirrors. Once you go in there, it’s almost impossible to get out. But you can still find a way out – as baffling as it may sound, touch the mirrors and let them guide you towards the exit. This activity is way too much fun to miss out on.
- Mirror Maze tickets cost AED 25 for adults and AED 20 for children
- Entry for children under 2 years of age is free
- Children over 12 years of age are counted as adults for tickets
- Show timings can change any day, any time without prior notice
- Smoking is prohibited inside the premises
- Dubai Dolphinarium is not pet-friendly
- Food and beverages from outside are not allowed
- Entry into Dubai Dolphinarium is free, but you are charged for entry into Dubai Creek Park*
- There are many Dubai Dolphinarium offers and discount deals available on apps such as Entertainer, Cobone and Groupon
*If you’re carrying your NOL card, make sure you have AED 5 for each person in your balance to pay for the entry. If you don’t have an NOL card, you can purchase one at the Entry Gate for AED 25.
Restaurant in Dubai Dolphinarium
Happy Valley is the in-house restaurant at Dubai Dolphinarium. It is the only restaurant on the facility with a capacity of 150 people at a time. The restaurant is open for anyone who would like to have a quick bite before or after the show. Even people who haven’t booked a show can access the restaurant and enjoy a hearty meal. The menu mostly comprises Asian-inspired food. You can easily find affordable and delicious snacks, beverages and meals here.
How to Reach Dubai Dolphinarium
The best way to reach Dubai Dolphinarium is to drive there. For those of you who do not have their own conveyance, a taxi is the second most feasible option. However, since we are compiling a thorough Dubai Dolphinarium review for you, it’s imperative to answer questions like how to reach Dubai Dolphinarium by Metro?
In case you’re looking for an answer to that, you’re in luck. The nearest Metro station to Dubai Dolphinarium is the one at Dubai Healthcare City on the Green Line route. You can get off at the Dubai Healthcare City Metro Station and take a 5-minute taxi ride for the remaining distance. Alternatively, if the weather is pleasant enough, the walk to Dubai Dolphinarium will take you barely 15 minutes.
- Location: Riyadh Street, Inside the Creek Park Gate 1
- Contact: +971-4-336-9773
- Timings: 10:00 am to 07:30 pm
If you are wondering about how to get to Dubai Dolphinarium by bus, route C7 is the best option.
Dubai Dolphinarium Review – Our Verdict
Nestled away in the Dubai Creek Park, the dolphinarium enjoys a quiet location, away from the hustle bustle of the main city. This makes the Dubai Dolphinarium location ideal for anyone who wants to escape the metropolis life for a day and enjoy the fun and serenity this place has to offer. Another great thing about the place is the variety of things to do at Dubai Dolphinarium. This place has immensely evolved into a complete recreational facility for all ages. And this Dubai Dolphinarium review has efficiently covered all of that for you.
This Dubai Dolphinarium review wouldn’t be entirely honest if we don’t highlight the slight drawbacks of the place. To begin with, the dolphinarium offers extremely limited seating options. Unless you book your Dubai Dolphinarium tickets in advance, you may not get your desired seats on the desired days. But the good thing is that there are multiple shows scheduled for the same day, so you can always try and get your seats in a different time slot.
Dubai Dolphinarium has only one restaurant and that could create discomfort for some of you. The restaurant can house 150 people at a time, which could mean you’ll have to wait for your turn. However, the wait isn’t so bad as long as you can spend that time at the in-house Trampoline or the 5D and 7D cinema.
If you want an honest Dubai Dolphinarium review, we think the place sums up as a delightful experience for both adults and kids alike. There are plenty of things to do in the Dubai Dolphinarium apart from enjoying the dolphin and seal show in Dubai. The precious time you spend watching and interacting with these amazing creatures is definitely worth your buck.
We hope this Dubai Dolphinarium review proves helpful for you. If you’re looking for other reliable recreational facility reviews, check out our take on Smash Room Dubai or get to know what it’s like inside WaveHouse Atlantis.