The emirate of Dubai has a wealth of incredible bars that go beyond the basics. Consider pubs on the city’s beaches or popular local hangouts where you can experience live music, delicious bites and unique drinks. From bars that offer exciting happy hour deals to those broadcasting live sporting events, here are our picks for the best bars in Dubai.
First up on our list of best bars in Dubai is A Cappella. Famed for its food, the bar menu here is worth checking out too. With drinks as cheap as AED 33, A Cappella is popular with local residents and visitors, especially considering the extensive menu of blended scotch, sour pours and other drinks offered. Happy Hour runs from Sunday to Tuesday from 05:00 pm to 08:00 pm with shisha facilities available. The affordable prices and stunning views have made this a popular watering hole for residents of rental flats in Palm Jumeirah.
- Contact: +971-58-971-9542
- Location: FB-08, The Pointe, Palm Jumeirah – Dubai
- Opening hours: 05:pm to 02:00 am
Looking for opulent bars in Dubai? From a spectacular interior to an Orient-inspired bar menu, a night at the two-storied Buddha Bar will make you feel like royalty. Also featured in our picks for best bars in Dubai Marina, this establishment deserves special mention. To up the ante, visit the venue on Thursdays when their aerialist swoops in from the ceiling.
- Contact: +971-4-317-6000
- Location: Grosvenor House Dubai, Al Emreef Street
- Opening hours: 07:00 pm to 01:00 am (Saturday to Wednesday) | 07:00 pm to 02:00 am (Thursday to Friday)
Maxx Music Bar
Also one of the best indoor bars in Dubai, the Maxx Music Bar at the Citymax Hotel is the perfect spot for anyone looking to cut loose on the dance floor after a few drinks. Indulge in unique cocktails, beers and delicious bar bites to the music of the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. Unlimited house drinks are available for AED 99 from 06:00 pm to 09:00 pm every day, making this a good choice for a weekend catch up for tenants of apartments in Al Barsha.
- Contact: +971-50-100-7046 | 800-CITYMAX (248-9629)
- Location: Citymax Hotel, Ground Level, Al Barsha at the Mall
- Opening hours: 06:00 pm to 03:00 am
The Huddle Sports Bar and Grill
One of our nominees for the best sports bars in Dubai, The Huddle Sport Bar and Grill at the Citymax Hotel is a hub for sports fans, especially during championship events. Order any drink from their menu along with some “finger-licking” burgers, nachos and other bites. The bar also has a branch in Bur Dubai if you are looking for a place near Old Dubai. One of many top hotel bars in Dubai, the place is worth a visit.
- Contact: +971-50-100-7046
- Location: Ground level, Citymax Hotel, Al Barsha
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm to 03:00 am
Get ready to guzzle down some budget-friendly party drinks at Barasti. Established since the 90’s the place is one of the busiest bars in Dubai. A sprawling and stunning beachside location adds to the charm. With a plethora of delicious food from mouth-watering steaks to burgers and a menu of assorted wines, beers and spirits, this is the place to be for those who love exciting nights with plenty of trendy music. A popular spot with the residents of rental apartments in Dubai Marina, this bar also regularly has live acts and other events.
- Contact: +971-4-318-1313
- Location: Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai Marina
- Opening hours: 10:00 am to 01:30 am (Sunday to Wednesday) | 10:00 am to 03:00 am (Thursday and Friday) | 09:00 am to 01:30 am (Saturday)
Nippon Bottle Company – Dusit Thani Dubai
The drinking culture in Japan spans well over 100 years. And at the Nippon Bottle Company, you get to experience it firsthand. The bar menu features a number of Japanese favourites from the traditional sake to signature cocktails and whiskeys. All in all, it truly is a unique bar in Dubai.
- Contact: 04:00 pm to 02:00 am
- Location: Dusit Thani, Lobby Level, Sheikh Zayed Road
- Opening hours: +971-04-317-4515
Lock, Stock and Barrel
Also considered one of the best bars in Barsha Heights, Lock, Stock and Barrel entertains pub-goers with regular events and live music. Upcoming events include the Merry Quizmas and the appearance of an award-winning bar band. Notable perks at this popular Dubai pub include Ladies Nights where the bar’s female patrons get 3 dishes for AED 99 with 3 free drinks.
- Contact: +971-04-514-9195
- Location: 8th floor, Grand Millennium Hotel, Barsha Heights
- Opening hours: 04:00 pm to 03:00 am | 02:00 pm to 03:00 am (Saturday and Sunday)
The Eloquent Elephant
A popular bar in Dubai with spectacular views of Burj Khalifa, The Eloquent Elephant at Taj Dubai is a well-known gastropub with an outdoor terrace. Indulge in a variety of draught and craft hops in addition to a comprehensive range of international cuisine. Look out for happy hour deals, live sports broadcasts and live music. We recommend booking a table in advance.
- Contact: +971-4-438-3131
- Location: Taj Dubai – Burj Khalifa Street
- Opening hours: 03:00 pm to 01:00 am | 12:00 pm to 02:00 am (Thursday and Friday)
Also one of the more popular bars in Dubai, Lucky Voice is a happening pub known for allowing customers to belt out their own tunes. Check out their Girls Just Want to Have Fun Ladies Night which is offering 4 complimentary drinks till 01:00 am and 30% discounts on fine dining for ladies. In addition to drinks, the food menu at Lucky Voice is commendable too.
- Contact: 80058259
- Location: Ground level, Grand Millennium Hotel, Exit 36, Sheikh Zayed Road
- Opening hours: 05:00 pm to 03:00 am
The Irish Village
Pub goers at Al Garhoud must have heard of The Irish Village. An Irish pub with branches in other parts of Dubai, the bar is a lively establishment with hearty food, sport, drinks and a casual atmosphere. A “small piece of Ireland at the heart of Dubai” The Irish Village is perfect for sports fans and anyone who could do with some good old fashioned Irish hospitality.
- Contact: +971-4-282-4750 | +971-4-282-4752
- Location: Al Garhoud, 31 A Street, Dubai
- Opening hours: 09:00 am to 01:00 am (Saturday to Wednesday) | 09:00 am to 02:00 am (Thursday and Friday)
Stars N Bars
Also one of the best sports bars in Dubai, Stars N Bars is a trendy spot for night outs in Dubai, especially thanks to a gorgeous beachside location. An American sports bar, the establishment also has video games, foosball tables and pinball machines making it a great hangout to watch the latest sporting events with friends.
- Contact: +971-4-349-9903
- Location: 15 A Street, Jumeirah 1, La Mer North
- Opening hours: 10:00 am to 02:00 am
A sports bar in Dubai with multiple HD screens for showing games like football, cricket and rugby, McGettigan’s is a great place to be since its opening in 2010. Guests here can lounge in the outdoor beer garden, play pool, or dance in The Baggot to top international brands. The venue sometimes opens early during days when major sporting events are aired. The pub also has a branch in the World Trade Centre and Souk Madinat Jumeirah.
- Contact: +971-4-356-0560
- Location: Bonnington Jumeirah Lake Towers, Cluster J
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm to 03:00 am | 11:00 am to 03:00 am (Saturday)
Kickers Sports Bar
Bar goers get a kick out of the Kickers Sports Bar in Dubai Sports City. Happy Hour runs from 03:00 pm to 07:00 pm. Mondays are reserved for Ladies Night with a DJ and unlimited drinks from 07:00 pm to 01:00 am. And if all that partying makes you famished, you can always order fast food or a steak from the food menu.
- Contact: +971-04-448-1001
- Location: Football Zone, near ICC Academy, Dubai Sports City
- Opening hours: 01:00 pm to 02:00 am | 12:00 pm to 02:00 am (Thursday to Saturday)
Pure Sky Lounge
One of the best lounge bars in Dubai, the Pure Sky Lounge is ideal for anyone looking for a quiet reprieve away from the bustle of the big city. Enjoy a drink with a beautiful view of the sunset over the Arabian Gulf as a backdrop or get the ladies together for a fun night. With light bites and a selection of signature martinis, fruity cocktails, and alcohol-free drinks, what more can you ask for?
- Contact: +971-04-374-7888
- Location: Hilton Dubai, The Walk
- Opening hours: 05:00 pm to 02:00 am
Luna Sky Bar
Also one of our picks for best rooftop bars in Dubai, the Luna Sky Bar is an open-air destination. Counted as one of the most romantic spots in the capital, the place really comes alive when the sun goes down. Ladies Nights are on Wednesdays from 07:00 pm to 11:00 pm with free-flowing drinks and a selection of delicious sushi.
- Contact: +971-4-506-0300
- Location: Four Seasons Hotel, DIFC, Building 9
- Opening hours: 05:00 pm to 03:00 am
A party destination on the 16th floor of the FIVE Palm Jumeirah hotel, The Penthouse is a shoo-in for our recommendations for best bars in Dubai. A lively adults-only rooftop club and lounge, this bar offers amazing views of the Dubai skyline. Other perks include two glass-lined swimming pools for guest to enjoy with the food and shisha service.
- Contact: +971-52-900-4868
- Location: FIVE Palm Jumeirah Dubai No. 1
- Opening hours: 10:00 am to 03:00 pm (Saturday to Wednesday) | 12:00 pm to 05:00 am (Thursday and Friday)
With a fine selection of premium beverages, renowned cigar brands and a relaxing atmosphere, the Vault is truly equipped to cater to the elite. Sit back as a talented mixologist creates crafted concoctions inspired from old classics and infused with more modern blends. Patrons are expected to adhere to a “smart casual” dress code.
- Contact: +971-4-414-3000
- Location: JW Marriott Marquis, Business Bay – Dubai
- Opening hours: 05:00 pm to 03:00 am (Saturday to Thursday) | 04:00 pm to 03:00 am (Friday)
Observatory Bar and Grill
Located on the 52nd floor of the Marriott Hotel in Dubai, the Observatory deserves a spot on our list. The Happy Hour Special here runs from 04:00 pm to 09:00 pm and offers a bucket of five hops for AED 120 with a 20% on bar bites. Gents Night is on Tuesdays from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm and features unlimited wings and hops for AED 150 per person.
- Contact: +971-4-319-4000
- Location: 52nd floor, Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites, Dubai Marina
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm to 01:00 am (bar timings)
With live bands, the party at the Iris rooftop bar just gets merrier every hour. Choose from a selection of creative cocktails, spirits and bubblies. One of the many popular elite bars in Dubai, the Iris also features an extensive food menu. Add a friendly staff and DJ to the mix, and prepare to have the time of your life.
- Contact: +971-56-951-1442
- Location: The Oberoi Meydan Grandstand
- Opening hours: 05:00 pm to 02:00 am | 01:00 pm to 03:00 am (Friday) | 03:00 pm to 02:00 am
Wrapping up our list of best bars in Dubai is The Stables. A popular watering hole for the city’s youth, this British-themed gastro pub is pretty distinct with an interior themed as stables. An impressive entertainment lineup ensures that the party keeps going no matter when you visit while elective live music keeps patrons tapping their feet.
- Contact: +971-4-342-5571
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Beside Voco Hotel
- Opening hours: 10:00 am to 03:00 am
That’s all for our picks for best bars in Dubai. Also check out our picks for top bars in Al Barsha if you live in or near the area. Do you live in Abu Dhabi? For pubs outside Dubai, check out our top bars in Abu Dhabi.