With the football leagues across the world heating up once again and the highly anticipated Cricket World Cup going on, it’s a good time to look at some of the best sports bars in Dubai to catch all the live action in the company of friends and family. Here are the top 20 sports bars which are some of the best places to watch football in Dubai.
Top 20 Sports Bars in Dubai 2019
In quintessential Dubai fashion, you will be absolutely spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the best sports bars in Dubai. Here is our pick of the top 20 Dubai sports bars for you to catch all the live action on the field.
SPORTS BARS ON SHEIK ZAYED ROAD
If you are residing in the rental apartments on Sheikh Zayed Road, here are the closet sports bars to you.
1. Stables / Rodeo Drive
A weekend favourite for residents of Dubai, Stables is amongst the most popular bars in Dubai. It is also one of the best sports bars in Dubai thanks to their large screens, cosy interiors and daily happy hour deals. Whether it is a live world cup screening for cricket or football, Stables has got you covered. If it’s busier than usual at Stables, you can also just head up to Rodeo Drive on the first level. They too have screens where you can watch the matches and while the teams are on half-time you can pass the time by taking a ride on their mechanical bull!
- Average cost for two: Approximately AED 350 at both places
- Stables Happy Hours: 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm daily
- Rodeo Drive Happy Hours: 06:00 pm – 09:00 pm daily
- Location: Next to Nassima Royal Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre Area, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-342-5571
2. Trophy Room
One of the new sports bars in Dubai, this hotspot at the swanky Fairmont on Sheikh Zayed Road, features an eponymous trophy cabinet, low-slung seating and an exposed ceiling to give it a classy yet edgy vibe. With an eclectic menu and one of the longest happy hours on Sheikh Zayed Road, this Dubai pub is racking up the brownie points with sports enthusiasts. They have large screens located all over the venue, along with a master screen made up of nine individual screens located on one end.
- Average cost for two: AED 290 approximately
- Trophy Room Happy Hours: 05:00 pm – 08:00 pm on weekdays only
- Location: Fairmont Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre Area, Dubai
- Contact: +9714 311 8316
3. Long’s Bar
Long’s Bar is one of the popular British sports pubs in Dubai that offers the perfect setting to watch live screenings of any sports events. They’ve got a fully stocked bar right in the centre with screens all around. Every table at Long’s Bar is in view of a TV screen, so you won’t miss even a single second of the match.
- Average cost for two: Approximately AED 360
- Long’s Bar Happy Hours: Mondays from 12:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Location: Basement Level, Towers Rotana, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre Area
- Contact: +971-4-312-2231 / +971-4-312-2201
If you are looking for budget-friendly sports bars in Dubai, Headlines on Sheikh Zayed Road is the ideal place. If you visit, you will find the entire bar decked out sports teams flags and jerseys. Their quirky and colourful interiors paired with their TV screens makes this one of the most fun places in Dubai to watch sports matches. While you’re there make sure to try out their famously delicious Indian dishes.
- Average cost for two: Approximately AED 200
- Headlines Happy Hours: Wednesday from 04:00 pm – 08:00 pm
- Location: Ibis Hotel World Trade Centre, Trade Centre Area
- Contact: +971-4-526-0036
Sports Bars in Al Barsha / Dubai Sports City
For all the residents around the Al Barsha neighbourhood, here are the sports bars closest to you.
5. The Huddle Sports Bar and Grill
Football shirts on walls and TV screens in every direction you look. That’s how this sports bar in Citymax Hotel, Al Barsha greets you. Playing a wide selection of games including football, rugby, cricket and basketball, this is one of the most welcoming pubs in Dubai. The prices are competitive and you get to enjoy a good game in the company of friends. They also have an outlet in Bur Dubai if you are looking for something closer to Old Dubai.
- Average cost for two: AED 245 approximately
- Huddle Sports Bar Happy Hours: 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm daily.
- Location: Citymax Hotels Al Barsha
- Contact: +971-50-100-7046
6. Belgian Beer Café
Situated within Barsha Heights, Belgian Beer Café is one of the top sports bars in Dubai that offers quintessential Belgian food and drink. Their food and drink paired with the cosy wooden interiors will surely make you feel like you’re in Belgium itself.
- Average cost for two: AED 415 approximately
- Belgian Beer Café Happy Hours: 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm daily.
- Location: Grand Millennium Dubai, Ground Level, Barsha Heights
- Contact: +971-4-423-4170
7. Kickers Sports Bar, Dubai Sports City
There cannot be a better location than Dubai Sports City for one of the best sports bars in Dubai. Kickers Sports Bar has not only become one of the preferred places to catch a game but also one of the best bars in Dubai. Thanks to the fact that there are TV screens on literally every wall, along with a large screen located on the outdoor terrace, Kickers is a highly recommended place when asked the question “where to watch football in Dubai?”.
Those living in the apartments for rent in Dubai Sports City swear by the friendly atmosphere of this neighbourhood pub in Dubai. With a ladies night, quiz night, Thursday Rock n’ Roll night and a budget-friendly Friday brunch, it’s easy to see why this makes it to our list of top sports bars in Dubai.
- Average cost for two: AED 240 approximately
- Kickers Happy Hours: Daily 3-7 pm with a 33% discount on selected drinks, Ladies Night 3 pm to 12 am on Sun and Wed and 12 Noon to 12 am on Thursdays to Saturdays.
- Location: Football Zone, Near ICC Academy, Sports Village, Dubai Sports City
- Contact: +971-4-448-1001
Sports Bars in Jumeirah / Umm Sequim
If you are around Jumeirah, here is where you can watch sports matches.
8. Stars n Bars, La Mer
One of the new sports bars in Dubai, Stars n Bars is located in the gorgeous beachfront development of La Mer. The first branch of the franchise on Yas Island is an extremely trendy spot for night outs in the capital, and the Dubai version is also gaining a fan following thanks to the high concept wall art and carefree vibe of this American sports bar. Besides the large screens, Stars n Bars is also kitted out with video game machines, pinball machines and foosball tables making it a great place to watch the game and hang out with friends.
- Average cost for two: AED 330 approximately
- Stars n Bars Happy Hours: 05:00 pm – 08:00 pm daily
- Location: Shop N 52, North, La Mer, Jumeirah 1, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-349-9903
Sports Bars in JLT, JBR and Palm Jumeirah
The neighbourhoods of JLT, JBR and Palm Jumeirah are known for their vibrant nightlife. They are also home to some of the best sports bars in Dubai. If you are around these areas and searching for Dubai sports bars near me, the following are worth checking out.
9. McGettigan’s JLT
With multiple HD screens and a schedule for games such as cricket, football, rugby and more, McGettigan’s JLT is one of the most popular Dubai sports bar to visit. Apart from being a great sports bar in Dubai, McGettigan’s JLT is also one of the top 10 places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Dubai and a popular place to hang out during weekends in Dubai.
- Average cost for two: AED 350 approximately
- McGettigan’s Happy Hours: 12:00 pm – 08:00 pm (Sun-Wed and Sat), 12:00 pm – 09:00 pm (Thu)
- Location: Lobby Level, Bonnington Jumeirah Lake Towers, Cluster J
- Contact: +971-4-378-0800 / +971-4-356-0470
10. Amsterdam Hub, JBR (Temporarily closed)
A friendly spot with barrels used as tables, this sports bar in JBR is a great place to watch football in Dubai. They also screen other games, but chances are you will be walking into a game of footy at this quirky pub in JBR. The pool table and darts are great distractions if you want to take a breather from watching the action unfold in any of the screens at this Dubai sports bar. (Note: This bar is temporarily closed, but will be re-opening soon.)
- Average cost for two: AED 240 approximately
- Amsterdam Hub Happy Hours: 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm daily
- Location: Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)
- Contact: +971-4-448-4733
11. Barrel 12, Palm Jumeirah
The industrial-themed watering hole sits at the top of the iconic Palm Jumeirah, right before the tunnel to Atlantis. It boasts several large screens to view all the high-octane entertainment, along with some cool deals and awesome pub grub. Complemented by spectacular views of the Palm Marina East, this is one of the best bars in Dubai to enjoy your favourite drinks while watching the games on one of their seven large TV screens.
- Average cost for two: AED 360 approximately
- Barrel 12 Happy Hours: Daily 04:00 pm – 07:00 pm with a 30% discount on selected drinks, and wine and beer starting at AED 25 – AED 35.
- Location: Palm View east, Palm Jumeirah
- Contact: +971-4-552-4000
SPORTS BARS IN BUSINESS BAY, DOWNTOWN DUBAI, MEYDAN
12. The Rose and Crown, Al Habtoor City
If you are looking for the quintessential British sports bar in Dubai to watch the English Premier League, The Rose and Crown is the perfect option. Any British expats who are feeling nostalgic for the pubs from back home should head here to try out the hops and tuck into some good old pub grub. With several large screens showing the live action, darts and pool tables and some great music, this is a proper British pub in Dubai that will keep the punters happy!
- Average cost for two: AED 360 approximately
- The Rose and Crown Happy Hours: 4 pm to 8 pm daily, AED 29 per drink on selected beverages
- Location: The Atrium, Al Habtoor City, Business Bay
- Contact: +9714 437 0022
13. Nezesaussi Grill, Downtown Dubai
Clean wooden furniture, walls adorned with sports memorabilia and some of the best burgers in town. That’s what this rugby-themed Downtown Dubai sports bar is all about. With a much more family-friendly ambience than the rest of the names on our list of best sports bars in Dubai, this pub is a great spot to catch a game if you are looking for things to do in Downtown Dubai. Did you know that the unique name stands for New Zealand, South Africa and Australia?
If you are searching for the sports bar in Dubai Marina, Nezesaussi Grill has a branch there too!
- Average cost for two: AED 315 approximately
- Nezesaussi Grill Happy Hours: Sunday to Thursday – 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm, Friday and Saturday – 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm
- Location: Nezesaussi Grill, Manzil Downtown Dubai
- Contact: +9714 888 3444
14. Qube Sports Bar, Meydan
In line with Dubai’s worldwide reputation for opulence, the Qube Sports Bar in Meydan is the ultimate luxurious experience for watching the game. The highlight of this entry on our list of top 20 sports bars in Dubai is the cubical screen set in the centre of the pub which screens the game from every angle possible. Apart from this mammoth screen, there are several other TV’s dotted around this pub in Dubai, which also has dart boards, pool tables and other games to keep you occupied during intervals.
- Average cost for two: AED 365 approximately
- Qube Sports Bar Happy Hours: 01:00 pm – 08:00 pm (Sat-Wed) / 5 pm to 9 pm & 12 am to 2 am (Thu, Fri)
- Location: Mezzanine Floor, The Boat House at The Meydan Hotel
- Contact: +971-4-381-3111
SPORTS BARS IN BUR DUBAI
For the residents in the flats for rent in Bur Dubai, these are the best Dubai sports bars in the area.
15. Time Cafe, Ramee Royal Hotel
With pool tables and live music to keep you entertained at the half-time and multiple TV screens all around, Time Cafe is the top sports bars in Dubai to visit for a game. They’ve also got a killer Friday brunch deal that serves the ultimate buffet.
- Average cost for two: AED 350 approximately
- Time Cafe Happy Hours: 10:00 pm to 07:00 pm daily
- Location: Ramee Royal Hotel, Khalid Bin Walid Road
- Contact: +971-4-334-4088 / +971-55-600-5622
16. Barrels Sports Arena
Another old Dubai favourite for a pint and some exciting sporting action, Barrels Sports Arena is a popular haunt for the city’s sports lovers. This sports bar in Bur Dubai also offers attractive deals during live match screenings.
- Average cost for two: AED 340 approximately
- Barrels Happy Hours: 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm daily
- Location: Majestic City Retreat Hotel, Mankhool Road,
- Contact: +971-4-501-2533
17. Fisherman’s Hub
Located near the Al Fahidi Historical District in the Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa, this British pub in Bur Dubai has been a favoured choice for watching sports matches in Dubai. With great pub-grub and large screens to enjoy the season’s best games, this Dubai sports pub is a must visit to catch the latest matches.
- Average cost for two: AED 190 approximately
- Fisherman’s Hub Happy Hours: 12:00 pm – 09:00 pm daily e
- Location: Ground Floor, Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa, Meena Bazar
- Contact: +971-4-526-0803
SPORTS BARS IN DEIRA
For all those looking for sports bars in Deira, here are some of the best ones.
18. The Dubliner’s
Irish pub, The Dubliners is another great place showing the upcoming matches in Dubai. This family-friendly pub is a perfect spot to watch the match in a laid-back setting. You can get your kids along here too as they have a variety of board games to keep the kids entertained.
- Average cost for two: AED 400 approximately
- The Dubliner’s Happy Hours: 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm daily
- Location: Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Airport Road, Al Garhoud
- Contact: +971-4-702-2455
19. The Irish Village
A popular watering hole during the weekends, The Irish Village is known for its stadium-style seating during the football and other sports matches. During the summers, they even set up a large air-conditioned tent for sports fans to enjoy. This is also one of the best pet-friendly places in Dubai, allowing visitors to bring along their furry friends.
- Average cost for two: AED 320 approximately
- Irish Village Happy Hours: Sun-Thu from 03:00 pm – 07:00 pm
- Location: Beside Dubai Tennis Stadium, Near Emirates Aviation Training College, Al Garhoud,
- Contact: +971-4-526-0494
Want to enjoy a match against the stunning backdrop of the creek waters? Head to QDs in Al Garhoud! They have two giant HD screen to watch the match and some great deals on their food and drink menu that you can take advantage of. It’s also one of the best Shisha joints in Dubai, with a multitude of flavours on offer.
- Average cost for two: AED 460 approximately
- QDs Happy Hours: 05:00 pm – 08:00 pm from Sun-Thu, selected drinks and cocktails at AED 25 and shisha at AED 59
- Location: Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club, Opposite Deira City Centre, Al Garhoud
- Contact: +971-4-526-9011
Why don’t you bring in the weekend by checking out one of these top 20 sports bars in Dubai? There are other popular bars where you can watch football and other games in Dubai include the popular Player’s Lounge & Club (aka Player Sports Bar Dubai) in Bur Dubai. You can also consider trendy hangouts such as Barasti Beach Dubai, Lock Stock and Barrel, Nippon, Reform and more but they are not strictly sports bars, which is why you won’t find them on this list.
Let us know which one you enjoyed the most by writing to us on email@example.com and don’t forget to check out some of the other concept restaurants in Dubai and have a fantastic weekend!
Disclaimer: These happy hour deals for bars in Dubai are based on information provided by the bars. This may be subject to change, so kindly check with the pubs for the latest information.