As summer starts heating up, one of the most common questions one gets to hear is: where to go ice skating in Dubai? Thanks to 3 top-class ice rinks in Dubai, ice skating is one of the best indoor activities for summer in Dubai. Not sure where to find them and what they offer and what is charged as ice skating Dubai price? We’ve got you covered for that!
Where to Go Ice Skating in Dubai?
Have you been asking yourself this question? Well, we have the answer for you! Read on to find out more about the top places to ice skate in Dubai.
Dubai Ice Rink
First on our list of ice rinks in Dubai is the Dubai Ice Rink. This Olympic-size ice rink in Dubai Mall has evolved into a prominent leisure attraction for people living in Downtown Dubai community and nearby areas. Located next to The Souk on the ground floor of the mall, people of all ages are attracted to this recently refurbished indoor ice rink in Dubai.
The Dubai Ice Rink offers plenty of ice skating in Dubai Mall for enthusiasts like you. Apart from seamlessly gliding across this gigantic ice rink, you can also try the awesome IceBykes available at the Dubai Ice Rink. This is something you will not find at other ice rinks in Dubai. For those of you who wish to learn figure skating in Dubai or even basic ice skating, the facility offers a number of coaching programs.
- Location: The Dubai Mall – Downtown Dubai
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 am to 11:00 pm; Thursday to Saturday 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Contact: +971-800-3822-46255
What are the Dubai Ice Rink Prices?
- Prices for a 30-minute session of ice skating in Dubai Ice Rink with safety gear start at AED 80 per person.
- Hockey classes open for children aged between 5 and 12 cost AED 840 for 7 lessons (90 minutes once a week).
- 90-minute Dubai Ice Rink Academy sessions for kids aged 3 years and above are priced between AED 840 and AED 2205.
- 30-minute private lessons are priced at AED 170 per person and a semi-private session for 2 people can be acquired for AED 275.
Hyatt Regency Galleria Ice Rink
Take shelter from the desert sun with ice skating at Dubai Hyatt Regency in Deira. What sets this rink apart from other indoor ice rinks in Dubai is its grand location. This winter wonderland located inside Hyatt Regency in Deira was the oldest ice rink in Dubai. Not as big as the other ones, the Galleria Ice Rink remains a popular spot for ice skating enthusiasts.
Whether you want to free skate, enjoy the disco nights, have a party, or take coaching classes from professionals – this ice rink in Dubai is the place to be. Also, the in-house restaurant – Frosty Café is perfect for refuelling yourselves with good food and refreshments after an energy-packed skating session. The place may not offer one of the best birthday party packages in Dubai, but you can still celebrate kids’ birthdays here.
- Location: Hyatt Regency, Al Khaleej Road, Deira
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-209-6550
What is the Galleria Ice Rink Dubai Price?
- Skating membership fee at Galleria Ice Rink in Dubai is AED 475 for a month, AED 920 for 3 months, AED 1,420 for 6 months, and AED 2,260 for a year.
- Per session fee for weekdays amounts to AED 45 per person and AED 50 per person for weekends and public holidays.
- 30 minutes of Penguin Pal rental for kids amounts to AED 25.
- You can get a 5 private lessons package of 15-minute sessions for AED 315. The same package for 30-minute sessions would cost AED 630.
- First skating lessons will include initial charges of AED 65 per person for a 15-minute session and AED 130 per person for a 30-minute session. These charges are in addition to the regular session fee quoted above.
Al Nasr Ice Rink
This Olympic-sized ice rink in Dubai has seen a lot of action since its inauguration. Al Nasr Ice Rink has had the honour of hosting international ice hockey teams taking part in the UAE Ice Sports Federation’s Ice Hockey League.
Al Nasr Ice Rink is not just a recreational facility. Over the years, this place has evolved into a well-appointed coaching ground for young skaters. The place offers special beginners and advanced level coaching for ice hockey and figure skating. Kids as young as 4 years old can be enrolled for the coaching sessions. If ice hockey and figure skating in Dubai is too advanced for you, just enjoy the ice skating rink for the simple joy of gliding on ice. Currently, the Al Nasr Ice Rink in Dubai has been closed for renovations. But it is expected to reopen by June 2019.
- Location: Al Nasr Leisureland, Behind American Hospital – Oud Metha
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-337-1234
What are the Al Nasr Ice Rink Prices?
- Ice skating membership can be obtained at Al Nasr Leisureland for anyone aged 3 and above. Annual membership ranges between AED 1370 and AED 2100.
- Day visitors to the ice rink have to pay admission charges AED 5 for kids aged 3 to 9 and AED 10 for everyone above the age of 10.
- 2-hour ice skating at Al Nasr costs AED 25 (inclusive of admission charges).
- 90-minute private ice skating lessons at Al Nasr Ice Rink in Dubai cost AED 150 for member and AED 160 for non-members.
- 90-minute Al Nasr Ice Rink group lesson price is AED 130 for members and AED 140 for non-members.
Things to Keep in Mind When Ice Skating in Dubai
It is no secret that Dubai has a hot desert climate almost all year round, except during winters when the weather gets pleasant. This makes it common among people to dress for summers. It’s all right to wear whatever you please when you’re outdoors in Dubai, but when you’re going ice skating – be a little more careful about what you wear. Because regardless of the temperatures outdoors, indoor ice rinks in Dubai will be freezing cold.
What is the Dress Code for Ice Skating Rinks in Dubai?
- Make sure your attire fully covers your body.
- Avoid wearing skirts or shorts. If you do, wear woollen leggings to cover your legs.
- Wear closed shoes.
- You should not wear any article of clothing that is too long or anything that hangs or trails.
Despite three fully functional ice rinks in Dubai, there is a good chance that you face availability issues. It’s pretty normal since most people prefer ice skating in Dubai for fun when the weather gets too hot.
An alternative to the ice rinks in Dubai is the popular Ski Dubai. If you can’t hit the rink, ski down the slopes instead to get a taste of snowy winters in Dubai.