- Dubai Ice Rink at a glance
- Learn to Skate
- Get Registered
- Events and Celebrations
- Safety Measures
- Dress Code
- Locker Facility
The Dubai Mall features several leisure attractions, attracting millions of visitors every year. One such exciting recreational facility in the impressive mall is the magnificent Dubai Ice Rink. With a 1.5-inch thick Olympic-sized ice rink, it is the best place to ice skate in Dubai and an ideal spot to beat the summer heat. If you are a fan of the lithe, elegant sport, head to the Dubai Ice Rink, slide across the floors and learn more about ice skating in one of Dubai’s favourite family-friendly attractions.
The ice rink is currently closed as part of the social distancing guidelines issued by the government.
All You Need to Know about Dubai Ice Rink
The Dubai Ice Rink is located on the ground floor of The Dubai Mall and everyone above the age of 3 years can skate to their heart’s content here. The oval-shaped rink with a length of 60m and a width of 30m is also spacious enough to cater to birthday parties, private get-togethers and sports events. Here are the details about the Dubai Ice Skating Rink timings, location, contact and other information.
- Dubai Ice Rink Location: The Dubai Mall – Downtown Dubai
- Dubai Ice Rink Timings: 10:00 am to 11:00 pm — Sunday to Wednesday, 10:00 am to 12:00 am — Thursday to Saturday
- Dubai Ice Rink Contact: 800 38224 6255
Don’t Know How To Skate? You Can Learn Here
The Dubai Ice Rink Skating Academy (DIRSA) is a skating school that operates at the Dubai Ice Rink, offering a variety of courses for amateur skaters and those with modest skills. Skating enthusiasts can choose from several learning programs according to what suits them the best. Whether you have a 5-year-old who is excited to get on the rink for the first time or you are an adult with medium level skills, you can trust the trainers at Dubai Ice Rink to help you develop the right techniques and improve your skills.
The ice rink’s 7 weeks long group learning course which allows as many as 10 members, is available as three different programs depending on how many classes they want to take in a week.
Students can choose a program with one, two or three classes a week for a price of AED 840, AED 1,470 and AED 2,205, respectively. Interested participants can book their slots for the available Dubai Ice Rink session timings.
There are other learning programs that include private, semi-private and group learning sessions. Solo learners can pay an extra amount of AED 50 to add 15 more minutes to their session.
- Duration: 30 minutes per session
- Price for Private Sessions: Starts from AED 170
- Price for Semi-Private Sessions for Two Persons: AED 275
- Price for Semi-Private Sessions for Three Persons: AED 418.50
- Price for Group Skating Sessions: Starts from AED 840
How to Get Registered For a Skating Course?
Interested candidates can get registered at the reception of the Dubai Ice Rink.
An online registration facility is also available via the official website as well as the email that is provided on their site.
The Dubai Ice Rink also awards Ice Skating Institute Asia certification for an extra charge to candidates who successfully pass their respective courses.
Celebrations at Dubai Mall Ice Rink
Ice Rink Dubai provides a wide space for events and celebrations. The floor is designed to cater to different events and themed parties. Guests can also select birthday celebration packages according to their preferences. All packages include skates, safety helmets, lockers and a party host for birthday announcements along with background music.
- The Dubai Ice Rink currently offers three different packages for birthday celebrations and similar party sessions.
- These include an engaging Silver package, a premium Gold package and an exclusive VIP package.
- The silver package offers a public session with 30-minute assistance of a coach for a minimum number of 10 people. It costs AED 130 per head.
- The Gold Package features a disco session that includes mega disco or snowfall. This package requires at least 10 members and comes with a price tag of AED 150 per person.
- The VIP package is one of the classiest Dubai Ice Rink deals for private get-togethers. This package has premium features that include coach supervision for the entire session, snowfall with penguin safety aid for children under 3.2 ft. height, and an option to enjoy Broomball or IceBykes. It also has a 15 minutes mascot appearance to add a fun element for the children. Prices for a VIP package depend on timing as well as the particular day when it is booked.
- Price for Silver Package: AED 130
- Price for Gold Package: AED 150
- Price for VIP Package: Depends on booking time and date
Sports Events at Dubai Ice Rink
This gigantic rink serves as a venue for tournaments of the Emirates Hockey League Cup and it hosts Broomball games for the corporate teams. Moreover, the rink has seating arrangements for a large number of spectators who want to watch telecasts of different regional and international sports events such as the FIFA World Cup.
- Ticket Price for Watching Matches: AED 16
Safety Measures for Children and Adults
Dubai Ice Rink aims to provide a professional skating environment with all the necessary safety measures in place. Referees and ice marshals (coaches) are always present on the rink to guide skaters and ensure their safety.
Safety helmets are also provided for free to kids under 3.2 ft, while taller children and adult participants can rent helmets for a charge of AED 10 per session.
School Visit Programs
Dubai Ice Rink also offers school visits for student aged above three years. Students are offered free entry. The Ice rink also stipulates that there should be at least one teacher with a group of 10 kids aged above 4. For kids below 4, every group of five kids is required to be accompanied by a teacher.
Visits should be pre-arranged by booking the slots. Participating students can also choose to have meals, additional educational sessions for skate physics and coached programs for an extra payment.
- Duration: 1hour and 45 minutes
- Contact: +971 50 557 2830
Availability of Equipment
The equipment provided to skaters includes high-quality skates, safety helmets, socks and skating aids with two different designs for kids and adults. Dubai Ice Rink offers more than 2,000 pairs of skates to assist skaters. The smallest skate boot size available is the Euro 25 while the biggest size is Euro 50.
Visitors do not have to pay extra for ice skates and socks as their rental charges are included in the Dubai Ice Rink tickets. People can also choose to bring their own ice skates and protective equipment.
Dress Code That Visitors Should Follow
Those willing to try ice skating at the Dubai Ice Rink are recommended to wear appropriate clothing. Comfortable warm clothes with gloves and socks are suitable for everyone including children.
Avoid long and loose outfits with flairs because these can cause accidents on the slippery ice. Those interested in IceBykes should wear fitted pants with enclosed shoes to have comfortable bike rides.
Locker Facility for Guests
Lockers are available for skaters who want to keep their belongings safe. To book a locker for a single session, one has to pay AED 15 along with AED 20 safety deposit.
While the Dubai Ice Rink is one of the best entertainment spots in Dubai Mall, there are a lot of other fun activities to explore in the city’s leading shopping destination. It is a one-stop destination for shopping, dine-in options and a wide range of leisure activities that include a tremendous aquarium, a spine-chilling haunted house and access to the At The Top – Burj Khalifa observation deck.
Those who are exclusively interested in skating can also check out other skateparks in Dubai. Other winter sports options that are worth-mentioning include Ski Dubai, a destination in Dubai where it snows all around the year.