One of the biggest rewards of living in Dubai is the wide range of culinary experiences it offers. Dubai is a melting pot of cultures, with people from around the world coming together to form a diverse community. Japanese culture and cuisine have a significant following in the UAE, particularly in Dubai. The traditional flavours and simple ingredients are the secrets behind the success of exotic Japanese food, with restaurants serving the best sushi in Dubai attracting a large fan following. Sushi is one of the most popular Japanese foods and is also very famous in Dubai. We’re here to bring you a list of restaurants serving the best sushi in Dubai for every budget.
BEST SUSHI RESTAURANTS IN DUBAI
Japanese cuisine has more to offer than your regular teppanyaki and teriyaki chicken. There are numerous factors that make an authentic sushi restaurant in Dubai stand out from the crowd.
Fresh ingredients, attention to detail and expertise in preparing the most authentic version of this widely popular dish plays a vital role in the quality of the sushi. Our list is comprised of both fine dining and casual dining sushi restaurants in Dubai. Read on to find out where to have the best sushi.
FINE DINING SUSHI RESTAURANTS IN DUBAI
Looking for good sushi in Dubai? Let’s begin with some amazing fine-dining Japanese restaurants in the city. These restaurants serve premium quality sushi and other dishes from Japanese cuisine.
Zuma, one of the best sushi restaurants in Dubai is a luxury Japanese restaurant in DIFC that’s popular for its Izakaya dining style. This Japanese restaurant in Dubai serves authentic Japanese cuisine near Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. The Zuma, Dubai DIFC menu is alluring and comprehensive. The dishes served are authentic with intense, bold flavours from premium ingredients.
The restaurant’s emphasis is on a simple presentation but elegantly served Japanese cuisine, earning a well-deserved spot on the list of the best restaurants in Dubai. Some of the popular dishes to try are the sushi, miso-marinated black cod, unagi bo zushi maki, pirikara gyu no makimono cocktails, sashimi, chocolate fondant, mushroom rice, tempura prawns and maki roll. Zuma undoubtedly serves the best sushi in Dubai that’s worth the price tag.
- Opening hours: 12:30 pm – 03:30 pm, 07:00 pm – 12:45 am | Thursday and Friday 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm, 07:00 pm – 01:45 am
- Average cost for two: AED 610
- Location: Podium Level, Gate Village 6, Sheikh Zayed Road, DIFC, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-425-5660
Looking for a bonafide sushi experience in Dubai? Head to Hōseki at Bulgari Resort Dubai in Jumeirah 2. This fine-dining Japanese restaurant will be slightly heavy on your pocket but you get to experience something special and exclusive.
The restaurant seats nine-diners and each group has its own private chef who makes dishes from a specially customised menu. The Hōseki menu is based on the fresh produce of the day and it keeps changing frequently. Sango, kohaku, ruri and hisui are some of the most popular sushi styles served at Hōseki.
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday 01:00 pm – 03:30 pm, 06:30 pm – 08:30 pm, 09:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 850
- Location: Bulgari Resort Dubai, Jumeirah Bay Island, Jumeirah 2, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-777-5433
Next on our list of top sushi restaurants in Dubai is Wakame, located at Sofitel Dubai Downtown. A fine dining sushi restaurant in Dubai, Wakame serves artistically displayed live sushi, prepared by expert sushi masters making it one of the best sushi places in Dubai.
Another major attraction of Wakame is the live dim sum counters where your favourite dim sum is cooked live right before your eyes. This contemporary Asian restaurant in Dubai serves delectable sushi made from fresh, high-quality ingredients. Some of the hot favourites of regular visitors to the restaurant include the hamachi tataki, crispy kataifi prawn, volcano, rainbow reloaded, spicy tuna rock n’ roll, and dragon to name a few.
- Opening hours: Everyday 12:00 pm – 01:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 530
- Location: Sofitel Dubai Downtown, Level 3, Sheikh Zayed Road, Downtown Dubai, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-224-6663
Offering a slightly different sushi experience, Armani/Hashi serves traditional Japanese sushi and sashimi with a twist. Visitors will enjoy the breathtaking views of the gorgeous Dubai Fountain as they dine on delicious sushi and sashimi. Must-try menu items from Armani/Hashi are sushi, sashimi, maki rolls, coconut cake, and oysters.
- Opening hours: Everyday 06:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 450
- Location: Armani Hotel Dubai, Concourse, Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-0538
Located on the 17th floor of the Raffles hotel in Dubai, Tomo Raffles is an original Japanese restaurant promoting Japanese culture and food in the Middle East. The restaurant serves one of the best sushi in Dubai with a fine-dining experience.
‘Tomo’ is a Japanese word that means a long-time friend. As the name suggests, Tomo is a great place for friends to meet and spend a memorable time while enjoying the delicious maki and nigiri rolls. Visit this place to sample the real taste of Japan in the UAE. Enjoy the stunning views of Dubai’s skyline with great sushi and cosy décor. Some of the must-try menu items from Tomo Raffles are sushi, sashimi, chocolate cake, flounder fin, Japanese cured mackerel and salmon roe.
- Opening hours: Everyday 12:30 pm – 02:45pm, 6:30pm – 12:30am
- Average cost for two: AED 350
- Location: Raffles Dubai, Wafi City, Umm Hurair 2, Umm Hurair, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-357-7888
The oldest Japanese restaurant in the city, Miyako serves one of the best sushi in Dubai. The restaurant has an elaborate menu based on traditional Japanese cuisine served in a contemporary ambience with its own sushi bar.
- Opening hours: 12:30 pm – 11:30 pm | Thursday and Friday 12:30 pm – 12:00 midnight
- Average cost for two: AED 370
- Location: Lobby Level, Hyatt Regency Dubai, Naif, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-0353
Located at the Atlantis-the Palm, Nobu is a fine-dining sushi place in Dubai, and one of the top Japanese restaurants in town. The sushi served here has a unique South American twist that adds to the taste and textures of Japanese sushi.
- Opening hours: 06:00 pm – 11:00 pm | Thursday 06:00 pm – 12:00 midnight | Friday 12:30 pm, 04:00 pm, 07:00 pm – 12:00 midnight
- Average cost for two: AED 600
- Location: Ground Level, The Avenues, Atlantis The Palm, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-426-2626
Katsuya by Starck located at The Dubai Mall is a popular sushi spot in Dubai. Some of the must-try dishes from the Katsuya menu are their wide range of sushi including chirasi sushi, spicy tuna rolls, sushi sampler platter and sashimi sampler platter.
- Opening hours: 11:00 am – 12:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 545
- Location: Level 2, New Extension, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, The Dubai Mall, Downtown Dubai, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-0178
One of the best places in Dubai for sushi, Kanpai located in Downtown Dubai serves a range of delectable sushi and sashimi. The sake cocktails at the restaurant perfectly complement the sushi served in this Dubai fine-dining sushi spot.
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm – 02:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 510
- Location: Level 3, Souk Al Bahar, Downtown Dubai, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-441-9262
BEST BUDGET-FRIENDLY CASUAL DINING SUSHI RESTAURANTS IN DUBAI
Want to enjoy sushi without a major blow to your budget? Here are some affordable sushi restaurants in Dubai for Japanese food buffs.
Located at the iconic Mall of the Emirates in Al Barsha district, this restaurant serves some of the best sushi in Dubai. Umami is an ideal place for hungry shoppers on the lookout for cheap sushi in Dubai. The Umami Dubai menu has an extensive range of Japanese dishes and quality sushi. The must-try dishes from the Umami menu are nigiri sushi, California roll, salmon rolls, tuna rolls, prawn tempura rolls and sashimi. You can try noodles and other Japanese dishes at Umami.
- Opening hours: Everyday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 95
- Location: Food Court, Level 1, Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-354-9186
SUMO SUSHI & BENTO
Try different types of affordable sushi at Sumo Sushi and Bento located at Media City Dubai. The restaurant offers various types of delectable sushi rolls which include phoenix roll. A special sushi roll that contains prawns, crabstick, tempura, cucumber and other seasonings topped with salmon, sweet chilli sauce and crispy salmon sticks. Other delicious options include tiger rolls, Bangkok rolls, dragon and shinobi.
- Opening hours: Everyday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 165
- Location: Building 10, BBC Building, Dubai Media City, Dubai, Abdullah Omran Taryam Street, Dubai Media City, Dubai
- Contact: 800-7866
Sushi and ramen are the ultimate comfort food for many Dubai dwellers. Yūgō Sushi offers a wide range of sushi and other Japanese dishes for foodies. The famous bang bang shrimps and spicy edamame are some of the most popular Japanese dishes on the menu. For sushi lovers, the list includes hamachi nigiri, kanikama nigiri, ebi nigiri and tomago nigiri which are among the best sushi in Dubai.
- Opening hours: Everyday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 110
- Location: Ground Level, Almas Tower, Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT), Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-557-4765
Chez Sushi is one of the best affordable sushi restaurants in Dubai where regulars return for their excellent sushi rolls. The Chez Sushi Dubai menu has a range of sashimi, maki and sushi rolls such as salmon sake, the kingfish hiramasa, yellowtail hamachi and tai made with red snapper and eel unagi are the ultimate crowd-pleasers.
- Opening hours: Everyday 12:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 160
- Location: Unit 18, Block 5, Wasl Square, Al Wasl Road, Al Safa, Dubai
- Contact: 800-78744
Yo Sushi at Burjuman centre Dubai is your go-to place to take a break from shopping and enjoying the various rides at the mall. Sushi, chicken karage, California roll, gyoza, salmon sashimi, seafood, and rolls are must-try menu items.
- Opening hours: Everyday: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 115
- Location: Burjman Centre, City Centre Mirdif, The Dubai Mall
- Contact: 800-967-8744
MIYABI SUSHI AND BENTO
Miyabi serves some of the best sushi buffets in Dubai making it the perfect sushi heaven for die-hard Japanese food buffs. They also have interesting business lunch deals that are extremely easy on the pocket.
- Opening hours: Everyday: 11:30 am – 12:00 midnight
- Average cost for two: AED 170
- Location: DXB Tower, Beside Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre Area, Dubai 5106
- Contact: 800-649-224
Apart from the aforementioned budget-friendly sushi restaurants in Dubai, here are some other affordable sushi spots in the city:
- Contact: +971-4-552-1853
- Location: Boulevard Plaza, Tower 2, Emaar Square, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard Road, Downtown Dubai, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-512-5577
- Location: Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-449-5777
- Location: Ground Floor, Marble Walk, Building 5, DIFC, Dubai
This concludes our list for the best sushi in Dubai. We have listed the city’s best fine dining and casual dining sushi restaurants in Dubai where visitors can enjoy a range of delicious sushi along with other popular Japanese foods such as maki, miso soup, teppanyaki and much more.
Chinese food is another popular choice for Dubai residents when it comes to Asian cuisine. Pop over to the best Chinese hotpot restaurants in Dubai if you’re craving Chinese comfort food. Alternatively, if you wish to indulge in street foods from Japan, China, India, The Philipines, Korea and more try out some of the best Asian street food in Dubai.
Seafood buffs usually look for excellent seafood spots, take a look at our list of the top seafood restaurants in Dubai serving fresh catch of the day. Each meal in these restaurants is prepared with fresh ingredients and premium quality seafood from both local and imported sources.