- Dates, Tickets and Timings
- Senior Guests Programme
- Pavilions and Themes
- F&B Outlets
- Facilities and Activities
The global extravaganza of Expo 2020 is now in full swing! Millions of visitors have attended this mega event so far, including presidents of the world, sports celebrities and movie stars. It shows that the mega fair truly brings the world together to share innovative ideas on creating a better future for the whole planet.
The festival is dedicated to the themes of sustainability, mobility and opportunity. With 192 countries participating and visitors from all around the world attending, it is worth the visit!
Hardly a chance, but in case you haven’t yet visited UAE Expo 2020, here is the information about tickets, timings, attractions, activities, along with everything else you need to know about this momentous affair.
DATES, TICKET PRICES, TIMINGS AND MORE
Planning to head to the event? Here are details about the UAE Expo 2020 ticket prices, timings and dates:
- Dates: 1st October 2021 to 31st March 2022
- Tickets price for standard entry: AED 50 | Free for kids (six to 17 years), seniors (60+ years), students and people of determination
- Timings: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 am to 12:00 am (Last entry at 11:00 pm) | Friday to Saturday: 09:00 am to 02:00 am (last entry at 01:00 am) | Pavilions open daily from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm
Timings are subject to change due to special circumstances or events.
CATEGORIES OF EXPO 2020 TICKETS
- SEASON PASS FINALE
- AED 50 per person (Adult 18-59 years)
- Grants unlimited entry for the last 50 days
- 10 smart queue bookings
- Might require prior booking
- PREMIUM EXPERIENCE SE 1-DAY TICKET
- AED 275 per person
- One-Day Ticket for ages 18 and up
- Valet parking and fast track admission
- Admission to the Premium Lounge
- Dedicated concierge
- Priority access to business forums
- Garden in the Sky entry
- 20% on F&B
These include Signature half-day walking tours of Sustainability, Opportunity and Mobility Pavilions in English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish and German.
- Group Tours: From AED 65 per person
- Private Tours: From AED 1,100 per tour
All visitors, including those eligible for free entry, need to have tickets to enter the venue.
EXPO 2020 SENIOR GUESTS PROGRAMME
The recently announced Expo 2020 Senior Guests Programme allows for an exclusive experience for visitors aged 60 and above. Under the programme, senior visitors can access special services to enhance their Expo 2020 experience and make it memorable.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All visitors with a Senior Citizen Pass are eligible for the exclusive free services and access under this programme.
WHAT SERVICES ARE INCLUDED?
Special services for senior visitors to Expo 2020 include:
- Dedicated parking space within the Mobility, Sustainability, or Opportunity districts
- Buggy drop off service to the Arrival Plaza
- An exclusive Senior Citizen Concierge
- 90 minutes of private buggy ride for getting around (if available)
- Fast Track entry facility to for Expo 2020 and the participating pavilions
- All day 30% discount on food and beverages at select restaurants
The Senior Guest Programme services are available from Monday to Friday from 09:00 am to 01:00 pm. Make sure you pre-book your visit at least 24 hours prior via WhatsApp on +971-50-141-3453 or email to email@example.com.
PARTICIPATING FAST TRACK ENTRY PAVILIONS
Alif – The Mobility Pavilion
The Good Place Pavilion by Expo Live
Mission Possible – The Opportunity Pavilion
Republic of Korea
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion
United States of America
EXPO 2020 RESTAURANTS WITH 30% DISCOUNT FOR SENIOR VISITORS
Canvas by Coffee + Culture
Alif Café by Farm2Table
Alkebulan – The African Dining Hall
Hunter & Barrel
Garden on 1, Sports Lounge
The National by Geoffrey Zakarian
PAVILIONS AND THEMES
All participating countries have their pavilion inspired by three major themes – Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability. Let’s look at the different Expo 2020 Pavilions.
The visitor experience at the Opportunity Pavilion is based on gameplay. The events challenge participants and make them think about basic needs like water and energy.
The pavilions at the Opportunity District at Expo include the following.
- Austria Pavilion: Based on a nation known for re-imagining ideas, the Austria Pavilion uses 9,000-year-old soil to create its space with a total of 47 impressive truncated cones.
- China Pavilion: This is the largest pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai with a theme to build a shared community for humanity.
- Emirates Airline Pavilion: Lighter aircraft with interactive windows, a virtual fuselage, noise-cancelling shrouds and automated trolleys await visitors at the Dubai Expo 2020 Emirates Pavilion.
- Pakistan Pavilion: Making waves since the first day of the grand event, the Pakistan Pavilion takes you on a sensory journey of exploration and enlightenment through the best-hidden treasures of the country!
- UK Pavilion: The UK Pavilion features a unique tapestry of sounds to make the experience amazing. The project collects beats, notes and rhythms from around the world. A sound designer weaves the sounds together to create a seven-minute-long “soundscape”. It is a tribute to orchestras, choirs and music sessions celebrating humanity, creativity and optimism.
Other countries with pavilions in the Opportunity District are Bahrain, Belarus, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Monaco, Morroco, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, and Ukraine.
Visitors at the Mobility District can explore the movement of goods, ideas, people and data through time — from the House of Wisdom in 9th century Baghdad to futuristic space missions. Guests can take a ride in the largest elevator in the world as well.
Here are the countries with pavilions in the Mobility District:
- Belgium Pavilion: It features renewable energy sources and smart technologies to feed plants. Also featured is the country’s spectacular cuisine.
- France Pavilion: Titled “Lights”, this area’s theme focuses on light as an enabler of progress, a source of heat and a vehicle for connections.
- Oman Pavilion: Aside from reflecting Oman’s rich past, this pavilion explores how frankincense has played a pivotal role in the country for more than 5,000 years.
Other countries featured in the Mobility District at the expo are Finland, Peru, Poland, Russia, Turkmenistan and the Republic of Korea.
This pavilion at the Dubai Expo 2020 has been designed to feature global projects that create new strides in sustainability. The experience involves visitors walking underneath dense forests. You can even witness a giant fish whose habitat is disturbed by ocean pollution.
Countries that have their pavilions in the Sustainability District include.
- Azerbaijan Pavilion: The nature-inspired pavilion has a leaf-shaped roof and encourages visitors to consider the impact our personal choices have.
- Canada Pavilion: The wooden structure surrounds a 360-degree immersive theatre that showcases the country’s story.
- Netherlands Pavilion: Filled with sustainable solutions, this pavilion includes a cone-shaped vertical farm.
Other country pavilions in the Sustainability District include Brazil, the Czech Republic, the Philippines, Montenegro, Spain, Sweden, Singapore and Germany.
EXPO 2020 THEME WEEKS
Those who plan to visit the expo site can look forward to 10 Expo 2020 theme weeks held over six months. The weeks explore the greatest challenges and opportunities during our time. Ranging from climate control to space exploration, the themes give guests a chance to engage in conversations that will shape the future of our planet.
Here are the dates for different themes.
- Climate and Biodiversity: 3 to 9 October 2021
- Space: 17 to 23 October 2021
- Urban and Rural Development: 31 October to 6 November 2021
- Tolerance and Inclusivity: 14 to 20 November 2021
- Knowledge and Learning: 12 to 18 December 2021
- Travel and Connectivity: 9 to 15 January 2022
- Global Goals: 15 to 22 January 2022
- Health and Wellness: 27 January to 2 February 2022
- Food, Agriculture and Livelihoods: 17 to 23 February 2022
- Water: 20 to 26 March 2022
WHERE TO EAT AT UAE EXPO 2020?
The attractions feature over 200 food and beverages outlets from different corners of the world. Take a culinary journey worldwide, tasting unique dishes from various cultures, right here in Dubai!
Get ready to experience more than 30 dining concepts in Dubai and more than 50 country cuisines, including Levant Fusion and Argentinian. The restaurant and cafes at Expo 2020 include everything from budget-friendly options to Michelin Star and futuristic dining experiences.
Some of the culinary brands from the UAE with space at the Expo include:
- The Epochal Banquet
- Talabat Kitchen
- Jubilee Gastronomy Restaurant
- Alkebulan, the world’s first African dining hall
- Rising Flavours Hall
- Adrift Burger Bar
- Arabian Tea House
- Hunter & Barrel
- Al Reef Bakery
- Hanon Fera Sweets
THINGS TO DO AT EXPO 2020 DUBAI UAE
The expo is for everyone, even the little ones! There are plenty of things to do and attractions for kids at the Expo in Dubai. Let’s take a look at the top activities at Expo 2020 Dubai.
VIEW THE IMMERSIVE PROJECTION AL WASL PLAZA STEEL DOME
There are plenty of things to do at Expo 2020 Dubai UAE and visiting the Al Wasl Plaza Steel dome is a must! The massive steel dome is made from natural materials and it is the world’s biggest 360-degree projection surface. It includes other large scale venues to suit every outdoor occasion, including Jubilee Park and Al Forsan Park.
After exploring different parts of the Expo, you can take to the skies and see the venue and the pavilions from high above. Visitors can head to the top of the rotating observation tower for a breathtaking view. The rotating tower offers one of the best vistas of the entire venue, so don’t forget to take photos for your social media here!
ATTEND EXCITING EVENTS
Spread over six months, Expo 2020 Dubai UAE features more than 60 family-friendly shows each day at the amazing Al Wasl Plaza. These daily shows at Al Wasl Plaza offer a lot of entertainment for the entire family.
Many exciting events take place at Expo 2020, from live music and interactive art to film festivals and fire shows. Let’s tell you about what’s happening in January here.
- Black Eyed Peas Live: One of the biggest bands on the planet will take to the Al Wasl Stage this month. 25th January 2022 | 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm | Location Al Wasl Stage, Al Wasl Zone
- Light Show & Drone Show: Be mesmerised by a fantastic 10-minute display of performing arts mixed with a dazzling light show and drones. Daily until 31st March 2022 | 08:00 pm to 08:10 pm | China Pavillion
- Tango Flashmobs: Argentina’s finest tango dancers will show how the iconic dance should be done with a series of twice daily. Until 31 March 2022| 3:10 pm to 3:20 pm at 2020 Plaza, Al Wasl Zone and 4:10 pm to 4:20 pm at Sea Plaza, Mobility Zone
- Live Street Art: A talented array of New Zealand’s finest graffiti artists will create stunning Maori and Pacific Island street art designs. 27th January 2022 to 31st January 2022, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm | Al Forsan Park
- Film Festival: Enjoy short films, documentaries and children’s movies. 10th January to 28th March 2022 | 04:00 pm to 05:00 pm Baden-Wurttemberg Pavillion
SPORTS, FITNESS AND WELLBEING
The expo offers a wide range of sports and fitness activities, including a football pitch, cricket nets, gym sessions, courses, bicycle tours and competitions featuring some of your favourite teams, such as the Harlem Globetrotters and Rajasthan Royals and others. The Mobility District has a 5,400-square-meter space dedicated to sports, fitness and wellbeing. Also, there is a Garden on 1 Sports Lounge where you can watch all of the live sporting action with various small bites and drinks.
Some of the upcoming fitness and sports events are as follows:
- Wellness Mornings from India: Yoga: 21 Jan 2022 – 10 Mar 2022 | 10:00 am to 10:30 am | India Pavilion
- Football Tricks with Fußballjongleur: 10 to 13 March 2002 | 4:00 pm to 4:30 PM, 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm | Baden-Wurttemberg Pavilion
- Women in Sport Forum: 8 March 2022 | 10:00 am to 10:00 pm | Australia Pavilion
- You are What You Eat: The Role of Food in Our Lives: 20 February 2022 | 10:00 am to 10:00 pm | Terra Auditorium, Terra
UNIQUE SCHOOL TRIPS
Schools planning to visit can facilitate from The Expo School Programme. It offers four different journeys to the students, including The Universe in Motion, World of Opportunities, The Legacy of the UAE and Sustainable Planet. Each tour is designed with young kids in mind to encourage their interest in sustainable green technology.
The program offers free tickets to students. Booking includes general admission, priority entry into thematic pavilions, Guided tours for KG to CYCLE 2 (KG1 and KG2 / FS1 and Year 1, Grade 1 to Grade 8 / Year 2 to Year 9) and a student identity band. Adults accompanying students will be admitted free of charge.
For booking, the school principal needs to nominate a School Coordinator who will be the point of contact. To get details about the booking, visit the official website of the mega event.
Three-day university programmes are also available to provide students with an opportunity to interact with professionals, explore various career paths and learn how to collaborate to create solutions for a better future.
The expo is designed to be accessible for everyone, including the people of determination. Additionally, the following features have been put in place to make the venue as secure as possible:
People of determination who visit the Expo can use the PODium app to get around the venue. Available for download in Google Play and Apple Store, the app helps them find accessibility features in each pavilion.
COMPLIMENTARY ENTRY FOR PEOPLE OF DETERMINATION
Visitors that fall within the mentioned category are given free access to the Expo 2020 location! This includes half off on ticket price for one companion as well.
However, they must acquire tickets by providing proof of their condition from their respective countries.
VISITORS WITH MORE REQUIREMENTS
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything here. Apart from facilities for people of determination, preparations have also been made for visitors with hidden impairments and autism at the venue. The most prominent measures in this case include:
- Communication cards to help the staff converse with non-verbal visitors
- Guide dogs are allowed
- Official speeches with Emirati and English sign language to facilitate the hearing impaired
FIRST AID FACILITIES
The seven First Aid posts here operates seven days a week. Furthermore, visitors can store medication that must be kept refrigerated at the posts. These must be collected by the end of the day.
The event welcomes millions of guests every day until its conclusion in March this year. Visitors are asked to present proof of a negative PCR test or COVID-19 vaccination to be allowed in.
TICKET HOLDERS 18 AND ABOVE
Guests aged 18 and above must have either of these documents to be permitted inside the event.
- Proof of vaccinations that are approved by their respective national governments
- Or a negative PCR test administered within the last 72 hours
REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-VACCINATED GUESTS
Those who haven’t been inoculated against the coronavirus are advised to get vaccinated before attending the event or present their negative PCR test report, taken in the last 72 hours.
A testing facility has also been set up opposite the site for conducting PCR tests on unvaccinated ticket holders — the results are provided within four hours. Only the 1-Day Ticket and Multi-Day Pass holders can use this facility.
Relevant authorities have taken appropriate measures to keep the site safe for everyone. These include:
- All volunteers, contractions, international participant staff and service providers must be fully vaccinated.
- Visitors are required to maintain a social distance of two metres from each other.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times by both guests and staff.
What is Expo 2020?
Wondering what is Dubai Expo 2020? This is a World Expo that is currently being hosted in Dubai. The event is a grand celebration of culture, diversity and international harmony.
IS THERE AN EXPO 2020 APP?
Yes, there is an official Expo 2020 app that guests can customise their experience. You can secure your seat to access featured pavilions in advance with the Smart Queue option.
You can also download the Expo 2020 Business App, which offers a variety of advantages to its users.
WHEN WILL EXPO 2020 START?
It had started on 1st October 2021. The event was originally scheduled for October 2020 but had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For branding and marketing purposes, organisers have chosen to retain the name “Expo 2020.”
WHAT IS THE EXPO 2020 LOGO
If you’re interested to know the story behind the logo, read our post about the Expo 2020 logo. Learn about what it represents and the reason behind its selection.
WHAT ARE THE DUBAI EXPO 2020 DATES?
The event started on 1st October 2021 and will run until 31st March 2022.
WHERE IS EXPO 2020 LOCATED?
This expo is considered one of the future-forward expos in history and is hosted in the Dubai South district near the Al Maktoum International Airport. The location covers over 4.39 square kilometres and has four main gates.
HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE PARTICIPATING?
A total of 192 countries are participating in the Dubai expo.
HOW MANY PAVILIONS ARE THERE?
Each participating country is represented by individual pavilions, making 192 participant pavilions. Besides these, there are four partner pavilions, nine organisation pavilions and eight special pavilions as listed on the official website.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN DUBAI EXPO 2020?
How you participate in the expo depends on who you are. For example, the youth can participate in the Expo 2020 Volunteers Programme to contribute their time and efforts to the event.
Sign up for the Expo Live programme to get support and possible funding for your creative business solutions to global challenges. This expo is an excellent place for networking and building an international support group that works for the same causes as you.
WHERE TO BUY EXPO 2020 PASSPORT?
For millions of tourists, the EXPO 2020 passport is a must-have souvenir. During the six-month event, the passport commemorates the visitors’ journey across cultures visiting the numerous pavilions.
It costs AED 20 and is available at all official locations of the expo as well as Dubai International Airport Terminal 3. It’s also available for purchase on the official website of the expo and Amazon.
WHAT IS THE DUBAI EXPO 2020 TICKET PRICE?
The single entry ticket price is AED 95. If you want a multi-entry monthly pass, the cost goes up to AED 195 per head. The six-month multi-entry Dubai Expo ticket costs AED 495.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
The trip to the Expo site is now easier thanks to the new Route 2020 extension courtesy of the Dubai Metro. The main entrance is located within a 20-minute drive from Dubai Marina.
For maximum accessibility, the RTA has taken dedicated measures to ensure people can easily travel to Expo 2020 using public transport. This includes
- Shuttle buses
- Dubai Metro
Besides that, you can rely on the Dubai RTA taxing booking service to hail a quick ride to the site.
All major roads lead to the expo site. For parking, look out for designated zones. Here is how you can reach your intended zones from major roadways in Dubai.
- Dubai Exhibition parking area: From Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311)
- Sustainability parking area: From Zayed Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan road (D54) or Expo Road (E77)
- Mobility Parking area: From E311
- Opportunity parking area: From E77
To ensure visitors don’t have to walk all the way to the Expo entrance after they find their parking zones and secure their cars, there are
- Transfer shuttles cover the 600m commute between the parking lot and entrance. These are also designed to accommodate people of determination and families with strollers.
- A limited number of golf buggies are available, too, some of which are wheelchair accessible.
WHAT TO WEAR AT THE EXPO?
Because the Expo site is enormous, spread over 438 hectares, comfortable footwear is necessary. Trainers are most likely the best option.
As winter approaches, slightly warmer clothing, such as a sweater, would be suitable. While dress restrictions are often relaxed in public, respecting the local culture is still a good idea. Avoid excessively tight or revealing clothes.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF EXPO 2020?
There are several benefits of Expo 2020. The event essentially serves as a platform to support and promote numerous local and international initiatives. It is based on three major themes — Sustainability, Opportunity and Mobility.
Furthermore, it provides an international stage for cultural diplomacy and encourages dialogue as well as global progress among the participating nations.
That sums up our list of things to do at the expo in Dubai! Now that you’re familiar with Expo 2020 and all that you can do there, you might want to explore the various residential areas near the Expo 2020 location for residential options. Those looking to invest near the area can consider the top off-plan projects close to the Expo 2020 site.
Stay tuned to MyBayut for more details about the mega event.