Exciting, colourful, challenging and extreme — paintball is an action-packed sport that challenges players in a host of skills from teamwork to problem-solving. A safe yet challenging sport, paintball pits opponents against each other as they strive to eliminate one another by shooting dye-filled gelatin capsules at each other that break upon impact. It’s a great team-building activity; not to mention loads of fun. Which areas in the United Arab Emirates offer the best battle courses to satisfy adrenaline junkies? Here is a list of the best paintball places in UAE where you can bring out your inner warrior!
Located at the Abu Dhabi and Dubai highway, Wonderland Paintball features a stunning forest-themed battlefield — complete with obstacles like wooden barriers, shaded trees, artificial rocks, a bridged lake, towers, huts, bunkers and trenches to hide in. The field can accommodate up to 50 players at a time with 25 players in each team.
Gaming sessions at Paintball Wonderland are offered in a variety of different game schemes. These include Total Eliminations, Centre Attack, President, Blind President, Jail Break, Hostage, Capture the Flag, Run the Flag, Top Gun and Rambo, with each theme having a different story. For example in Blind President, one unarmed player from each team will be wearing a vest called the president and is also blindfolded while their respective teams are responsible for getting them to opposite bases, unharmed.
Sessions are monitored by trained and professional referees to ensure safety. In addition to a variety of objectives and game formats, Wonderland Paintball offers the following:
- A pro shop that sells a variety of airsoft and paintball equipment for professionals and amateurs
- Outdoor battlefield
- Shaded gallery for viewers
- Paintball building that is fully air-conditioned
- Kids play area
- Horse riding
- Refreshments and snacks
Kids under the age of 9 aren’t allowed to take part in paintball sessions at Wonderland Paintball. This isn’t surprising considering how combat-intensive the sport is. However, younger kids don’t have to miss out on the fun. They can always participate in the exciting shooting games available.
- Location: Al Rahba City, Abu Dhabi (Dubai and Abu Dhabi highway)
- Price of tickets: AED 75 (Basic) | AED 125 (Advanced)| AED 180 (Pro)|AED 250 (Master)
- Contact: +971-2-564-3449 |+971-56-938-2444 |+971-56-902-2076
- Timings: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
Battle Park, Dubai
Also a great place for paintball Dubai, Battle Park is home to the largest paintball field in the Middle East. One of the best paintball parks in Dubai, The park features around half a million square feet of land with 7 outdoor and indoor themed battlegrounds. These include Nuclear Bunker Warfare, Forest Fire, Zombie Wars, Urban Assault, Desert Storm, Castle Siege and Junkyard Raid. Located at Ghantout, opponents here are pitted against each other in scripted sessions. For example, Urban Assault covers 37,000 square feet and allows players to duel in a “forgotten and forsaken” city — complete with abandoned cars and worn-out buildings.
Looking for indoor paintball in Dubai? Challenge opponents in Nuclear Bunker Warfare. Battle Park also offers new activities which include I-Battle, Airsoft Madness, X-Battle and Search & Destroy. In addition to regular paintball battles, the park also offers packaged deals for birthdays and corporate outings — complete with delicious live cooking and BBQ buffets.
Battle Park is closed for the summer. We recommend planning all paintball activities when it opens. For more information on paintball offers Dubai, refer to the following details:
- Location: Ghantoot, United Arab Emirates,
- Price of tickets: Subject to chosen activities
- Contact: +971-55-971-1113 | 800-228853 (BATTLE)
- Timings: 06:00 pm to 12:00 am (Weekdays) | 10:00 am to 10:00 pm (Weekends)
Pursuit Games, Dubai
Next up on our list of go-to paintball places in UAE is Pursuit Games. Located at the Jebel Ali Shooting Club in Dubai, this place happens to be a pioneer of the sport in the Middle East. Started in 1996 with the technical assistance of the best paintball operators from the west, this paintball club in UAE offers everything from an outdoor arena to indoor battlefields.
Like the rest of the paintball arenas on this list, Pursuit Games also offers different packages. In addition to their regular summer deal, there are 5 packages available with prices depending on the number of players, paintballs, gear and duration. These include Pee Wee, Econo, Weekend Warriors, Rambo, and Freak. The cheapest is the two-hour Pee Wee for 10 to 12-year-old kids complete with standard gear.
Keep in mind; the minimum age requirement is 10 and above. For more information on booking and other queries, refer to the following information:
- Location: Jebel Ali Shooting Club Dubai
- Price of tickets: AED 55 for Summer Rates (discounted from AED 99) | AED 90 for Econo | AED 155 for Weekend Warriors | AED 205 for Rambo |AED 315 for Freak
- Contact: +971-50-651-4583
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sharjah Paintball Park
A popular place for paintball Sharjah, this park is a haven for visitors seeking safe, yet adventurous pursuits. Featuring an outdoor field capable of accommodating up to 200 players in one session, Sharjah Paintball Park is ideal for sporty people.
The park currently offers five packages — namely, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Pricing here is based on the number of games required, gear, number of paintballs allowed and additional perks. For example, the Diamond Package features 7 games, 1000 paintballs, a neck protector, groin protection and 2 smoke bombs. Additional gear costs extra.
Other features worth noting are:
- An indoor field and briefing rooms
- Separate changing facilities for men and women complete with shower rooms
- A state of the art pro shop with advanced paintball equipment and accessories
- Café and parking spaces
- FIFA-certified football turf
- Live BBQ sessions for groups
Players are provided internationally accredited safety gear and are monitored by trained professionals. For more details on Sharjah Paintball Park, refer to the following information:
- Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road
- Price of tickets: AED 90/ AED 95 with VAT for Bronze (discounted from AED 100)|AED 160 for Silver (AED 168 with VAT) | AED 235 for Gold (AED 247 with VAT) | AED 335 for Platinum (AED 352 with VAT), AED 535 for Diamond
- Contact: +971-50-203-2288 | +971-6-514-4178
- Timings: 09:00 am 11:30 am, 02:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Friday)| 09:00 am to 11:00 pm (Saturday to Thursday)
Al Forsan International Sports Resort, Abu Dhabi
The Al Forsan International Sports Resort in Abu Dhabi is famous for several outdoor activities from horse riding to water activities and sports. It also earns props for superb paintball facilities.
The resort has one themed paintball battlefield designed according to the old west. Dubbed the Wild West Zone, the area offers a true Western feel complete with a saloon, bank and jailhouse. Armed with the latest in paintball assault weapons and gear, players are required to start within 10 paces of the clock tower before duelling.
All sessions are carried out in air-conditioned domes to ensure that players stay comfortable even in the middle of summers in the UAE. Additionally, customers are allowed to customise their own experiences according to packages and themes— be it diffusing a suitcase bomb, rescuing a hostage from rival teams or protecting the saloon from bandits.
Other facilities worth noting include:
- Coaching services from novice to professional
- Individual and group packages
- Multi-national female and male staff
- Organization of parties, birthdays and corporate events
Guests are also required to carry a valid Emirates ID, UAE passport and driving license before being allowed to engage in any sporting activity. Additionally, parents of participants under the age of 18 are required to present signed waivers at the resort.
Currently, the Al Forsan International Sports Resort is offering a deal on all paintball activities in which customers get 3 activities for the price of 2.
- Location: Khalifa City, Street No. 12, Near Abu Dhabi Golf Club
- Price of tickets: Subject to booking details
- Contact: +971-2-556-8555
- Timings: 02:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Subject to availability)
Sahara Amusement, Sharjah
Rounding up our recommendations for popular paintball places in UAE is Sahara Amusement. Located on the Dubai-Hatta road, the entertainment hub requires players to choose from two large themed outdoor battlefields — The Woods and The City. Participants are then free to battle each other in their chosen area. Spanning 2,400 sq. m., each area is unique. For example, The Woods is a grassy field while The City is a sandy stretch of land complete with upended cars and other places to duck.
Single participants who are not in any group are considered “walk-ons” and are served on a first-come-first-serve basis. It’s a great way for them to meet new people. In addition to paintball, Sahara Amusement also offers other activities like quad biking, karting and camping.
- Location: E44, Al Badayer – Dubai-Hatta Rd- Sharjah
- Price of tickets: AED 80 (for 20 mins), AED 140 (for 40 mins), AED 170 (for 60 mins) from Sunday to Thursday |AED 90, AED 150, AED 180 (Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays)
- Contact: 056-577-6012
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm for private events (booking starts at 09:00 am)
That’s a wrap of our picks for the best places for paintball UAE. Looking for more activities in the UAE for the summer? Cool off with the family at some of the most popular waterparks in the United Arab Emirates. In search of drier pursuits? Make the best of your time in the country with an overnight desert safari in Dubai. For more unique activities, check out our review of Smash Room. We also recommend a visit to some of the many escape rooms in Dubai.