Conveniently located in the heart of the old city between Maktoum and Garhoud bridges is the iconic Creek Park Dubai. It is one of the most famous parks in Dubai since it is the second-largest park after Mushrif Park. There are so many different activities in Creek Park Dubai, that you will never run out of things to do here!
About Creek Park Dubai
Spanning 96 hectares of land, Creek Park Dubai was built in 1994. Not only is it accessible by boat but it also has three helipads, a communication centre, water coolers and a first aid room. The AED 106 million construction has several unique recreational facilities too.
Dubai Creek Park location: It is located in Umm Hurair 2, and is perfectly juxtaposed between Deira and Bur Dubai. If you are living in the apartments for rent in Bur Dubai, Creek park is just a short 10-15 minute drive away. It is also fairly close to those living in the flats for rent in Karama.
Creek Park Dubai entrance fee
The huge park has five entrance gates. Three of those are on the main street and the remaining two are located on one side of Al Garhood and Al Maktoum bridges.
The Creek Park Dubai entrance fee is just AED 5 per head.
Boats arriving from Dubai and Deira get hosted at four berths at the park. Alternatively, you could take the metro to reach Creek Park gate 4. A lot of visitors prefer to enter via Creek Park gate 2.
Dubai Creek Park timings
- You can visit Creek Park Dubai from 08:00 am till 11:00 pm Sunday through Wednesday.
- On Thursday, Friday, Saturday and on public holidays it remains open from 08:00 am till 12:00 pm.
Which metro station is near Dubai Creek Park?
The metro station closest to Creek Park Dubai is Dubai Healthcare City Metro Station. It is half-a-mile way away on the Green Line.
Things to do at Creek Park Dubai Creek
There are a host of things to do at Creek Park Dubai. Children can visit the planetarium in Children’s City. Adults can ride a cable car. You could plan a picnic. There are many more activities at the park you could look ahead to.
- You can watch the Creek Park dolphin show at the Dubai Dolphinarium. They even have seals in some shows which jump through hoops and juggle.
- On some occasions they even allow you to swim with the dolphins! You can also learn about dolphins at the Creek Park Dubai Dolphinarium.
- It has a 5D and 7D theatre, a mirror maze, a trampoline room and 20 different species of birds.
- This spot is popular among kids you can hosts birthday parties and school groups are welcome all the time.
- Phone: +971-4-336-9773
- Dubai Dolphinarium timings: Monday through Saturday 10:00 am to 07:30 pm; Sundays closed
Children’s City (Indoor Infotainment Centre)
- If you want an educational yet entertaining day out with the family, you must visit Creek Park Children’s City.
- It is an indoor infotainment centre that lets kids learn via various hands-on learning activities.
- Children’s City has a technology and earth-science gallery, global exhibition, a planetarium and a nature centre.
- For children under the age of 6, there is a toddler’s play area with games suited to their age group.
- There is also the Al Ajyal Theatre for both kids and adults.
- Phone: +971-4-334-0808
- Timings: Sunday through Thursday 09:00 am to 07:00 pm, 02:00 till 08:00 pm on weekends
- Fees: AED 15-20 per head
Visit one of the children’s play areas
You can also drop your children at one of the many play areas to take a break. Your children would enjoy as you have fun at the park too.
Ride the Dhows in Water
You could book a wooden dhow or a wooden taxi, as it also is known in Dubai Creek. That would let you slowly breathe in the serene creek surroundings of Creek Park Dubai. There is a small boardwalk too near the dhow area in Creek Park Dubai that you could visit.
Watch the Theatre
Creek Park Dubai also hosts a large stone amphitheatre area. It can seat over 1,200 persons in one sitting.
Plan a picnic at a BBQ spot
People love planning picnics with their families and friends all the time! Creek Park Dubai has a number of barbeque spots where they can come together and enjoy. With its dedicated barbecue stations, Creek Park also features amongst our top picks for BBQ spots in Dubai! The picnic spots are vast, covering the area of two athletic fields.
Play Mini Golf
Golf fans need not worry as Creek Park Dubai has a mini 18-hole course available too. A lot of residents in Dubai visit just due to this feature.
Ride a mini train
You can also hop on the miniature train in Creek Park Dubai that runs certain lengths across the park. It is perfect for both children and adults.
Rent a bike
One can go biking to see the themed gardens and flower beds. Creek Park Dubai lets you rent bikes too. For two persons, you can get a small bicycle and for four persons, you can get a big bicycle. The rental charges are AED 30 per hour.
There is one main restaurant at Creek Park Dubai. Besides that, there are several snack outlets and kiosks within the premises that span across 2.6 kilometres. People buy light meals and refreshments at these spots as they pass by. These spots also include a few shawarma joints and old cafes.
Ride a cable car
If you want to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the park, ride a cable car in Creek Park Dubai. It is a 30-minute ride that goes 30 metres into the sky, covering 2.3 kilometres of the park. Riders can view the Old Dubai skyline and the skyscrapers on Sheikh Zayed Road.
- Fees: AED 25 per adult and AED 10 per kid
- Timings: 08:00 am till 11:00 pm daily in winter, and 05:00 pm till 09:00 pm in summer. Ladies-only day on Wednesdays.
To sum it up, you can choose from a number of things to do at Creek Park Dubai. This includes the Dubai Creek Park bird show which takes place in the Dolphinarium.
This popular attraction in the city is also convenient for visitors as the Dubai Creek Park parking is pretty easily accessible. The park is a popular venue to host open market events. You can also check out other must-visit parks in Dubai. Almost all Dubai localities have parks in their vicinity. For example, residents of Al Satwa can benefit from the presence of Satwa Park.
And if you live in the capital city, Abu Dhabi also has a list of public parks you could visit.