Do you want your child to learn something new and have fun at the same time? Head to Children’s City Dubai, a first-of-its-kind educational arena offering plenty of amusement facilities in the city. It is a place where your kids can explore different subjects they study in their school. At one end, they can discover the secrets of the earth while at the other they can learn a lot about human anatomy.
If Kidzania Dubai gives your kids a chance to experience adult life through role-play, Children’s City, located in the Creek Park, helps them look at the world they live in from a different perspective. It has many galleries and exhibits that consist of a variety of replicas of old and contemporary artefacts and objects.
Check out what more is there for you at the venue:
Things to explore at Children’s City Dubai
Galleries at Children’s City
You can find galleries specific to applied sciences, nature, human body, space exploration and local and international culture at Children’s City.
Earth Sciences Gallery
Earth Sciences is one of the most popular galleries with children visiting this attraction. They often start their exploration journey from this gallery. If your child is a budding scientist, the Earth Sciences Gallery will definitely pique their interest. Organised in collaboration with the American organization “Climate Institute” and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, this gallery exhibits different pictures sourced from NASA in high resolution.
The International Culture Gallery at Children’s City consists of a wide range of objects representing different cultures around the world. Your little one can discover all about the customs, arts and achievements of people of other cultures at this specific gallery in Dubai. It displays ceremonial swords, clothes based on seasons and different types of maps.
If you have a budding doctor at home, do take them to this part of the gallery. They will surely love this part of the place as it consists of models of different parts of the body. There is even a large model of the mouth at this place which you can walk into and explore in detail!
If you want your child to know all about the environment and wildlife of the UAE, Nature Center will be the best place for them. With an exquisite range of exhibits, it will provide your children with a chance to see all that they have only read about and watched in movies. Nature Center has an AV theatre, cleaver plants and models of dinosaurs.
At the Space Exploration gallery, you and your child can know some nature’s secrets. It has a gyroscope chair, specimens of rock, spacesuit gloves and a replica of Apollo aircraft.
The Way We Live
Consisting of different artefacts and replicas of different monuments, this part of the Children City will let you and your child view Dubai from a historical lens. The exhibits at this gallery include a model of a date palm, old Arabian manuscripts and a sailing boat.
With more than 30 exhibits and games, toddler’s area is a hub of entertainment for your little ones. It contains piano, slide, soft pads and water bed. If you have a child below six years old, you can drop him or her to the toddler’s area.
More things to enjoy at Children’s City
Other than the galleries, there is also a planetarium and kids’ corner at the venue that you can definitely visit with your child.
Let your child enjoy edutainment programs and shows at this Planetarium in Dubai. Planetarium shows many new and diverse films each day. Equipped with a full-dome six-channel system, it displays images at a resolution of 9 Mp, covering the entire space. It has 100 seats. Currently, it is closed for renovation but will re-open in April 2020, with an exciting line-up of films.
The Resource Centre is a great place for your young, inquisitive children who can’t spend a single day without reading. It has hundreds of books, magazines and software programs where children can learn all about culture, geography, nature, science and the human body.
Things to consider while visiting the Children’s City
There are a few things you need to take into account while visiting the Children’s City.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- Adults should share educational aids with children.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Be on time for any shows, workshops or performances you have booked.
- Running is not allowed within the premises of Children’s City galleries.
Children’s City Entrance Fee
Children’s City Dubai ticket price varies based on the type of visitors.
- Children aged two to fifteen years must pay AED 10 to enter the venue.
- Adults from 16 years onward must pay AED 15 as entry fee
- Families (including two adults and children) must pay AED 40 to enter Children City
- Children under two years old can enter for free.
- People of determination with two accompanying persons can enter for free.
- Children’s City entrance tickets don’t include the entry fee of Creek Park. To enter the Creek Park, you must pay AED 5.
For Schools and Tourists
- Schools must have a minimum of 20 children to avail a special discount, which will be AED 5 per students, followed by a free entrance for two accompanying persons
- Tourist and the private group must include a minimum of 20 persons, with each of them having to pay AED 10 per person. There is also free entrance for one corporate/tour accompanying person as a part of this offer.
Facilities at Children’s City
Check out some of the facilities that Children’s City can offer you:
- Nursing Room
- Prayer Room
- Changing room facilities for babies
Facilities for People of Determination at Children City
There are plenty of exclusive facilities for the people of determination at Children’s City in the Creek Park. These include:
- Auto doors to facilitate entry and exit
- Availability of braille stories
- Exclusive elevators equipped with low-rise control buttons and support arms
- Escalators with sidearms along the ladder
- A specialised car parking area
Location, Timings & Contact of Children’s City
Here is some basic information about Children’s City that you need to know before planning a visit there.
- Children’s City Location: Creek Park, Dubai
- Children’s City Timings: 09:00 am – 07:00 pm, Fri-Sat: 02:00 pm – 08:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-334-0808
And that brings an end to our review of Children’s City. It organises educational workshops and entertainment programs at different galleries and purpose-built halls round the clock.
Other than these, there are many other theme parks in Dubai that you need to visit with your children.
Apart from visiting these parks, there is plenty of fun things to do in Dubai for children. Take a look at the list of fun activities for kids in Dubai and let us know in the comments section which of them you would want to visit first.