Do you remember your UAE visa expiry date? Let’s face it, in the midst of a busy schedule it can be hard to keep track of the exact date. To check UAE visa status, you can either carry your passport with you all the time or learn other ways to check UAE visa validity on the go. So the next time you are wondering about how to check visa status in the UAE, check out some of these online channels.
How to Check UAE Visa Status Online
The UAE Government has an official portal to help you access visa-related services. To check your UAE resident visa validity using this method, you need your passport number.
Here’s how you can check UAE residence visa status online. This is also the service you need to use if you are searching for “Dubai visa check by passport number”.
- Visit the portal: https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity
- Select “Change Language” and click on English
- Click on the “Passport Information” tab
- Select “Visa” or “Residency” depending on your visa type
- Enter your passport number and passport expiry date
- Select your nationality from the dropdown menu
- Check the captcha checkbox before you click on the search tab
If the information you provided is correct, the page will display all your visa details including the UAE visa expiry date.
Check Dubai Visa Status Using GDRFA Portal
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) is tasked to deal with and respond to all UAE visa-related rules, applications, queries and concerns. So far, only Dubai has a separate portal that allows you to check your UAE visa status online.
GDRFA Dubai Website
If you’re living in Dubai, here’s how you can check UAE visa status using the GDRFA website.
- Visit the link: http://www.gdrfa.ae/portal/pls/portal/INIMM_DB.DBPK_VISAVALIDITY.Query_VisaValidity
- Select “Residence Validity” from the drop-down menu as the service you seek for your UAE visa enquiry
- Enter your residence file number using your year of issue. You can find the residence file number on the visa page in your passport.
- Next, enter your first name, as per your passport and select your gender
- Specify your correct date of birth in the dd-mm-yyyy format
- Enter the Captcha code in the specified bar and click “Submit”
Given all your details are correctly entered, your visa validity details will appear in green, below your submission form. The details will include your UAE visa expiry date, your name, date of birth, nationality and gender.
GDRFA Dubai Application
To provide further ease in the visa-related matters, GDRFA Dubai launched an app for expats in the UAE. If you don’t want to use the website, simply download the GDRFA Dubai app. Here’s how you can use it to confirm your visa expiry date.
- Open the app and select the “Services” label
- Click on “Entry Permit / Residence Status” and then select “Residence Inquiry”
- Enter your details: Visa code, first name, nationality and date of birth
- Double-check your input and then click “Inquiry”
If the entered details are correct, the page would display a green tick with the details of your visa. These details will include your full name, your UAE visa expiry date, the type of your visa and your visa number. You don’t require to sign up or enter login credentials to simply check your visa status.
It is obvious that you need your passport details for each of these methods to check UAE visa validity, but you don’t always carry it with you. A smart way to go about it is to keep a scanned version of your passport in your phone or at least a photocopy of it in your wallet at all times. This way, you can confirm your UAE residence visa validity any time you want. The same process can be applied to check the status of a Dubai visit visa.
That’s all we have for you on how to check UAE visa status. We hope you find the information useful. Remember, it is important to renew a UAE visa before it expires. Staying in the country even after your visa has expired will subject you to the applicable overstay fines in the UAE. Similarly, those wanting to leave the country, but are unsure of the legal consequences should check on their travel ban status.
You can use the same processes listed above to check the validity of the UAE tourist visa. It will help you keep track in case there is a need to renew or extend the tourist visa in Dubai or the UAE in general, to avoid overstay fines.
For more useful information on life in Dubai and the UAE, subscribe to MyBayut.