There’s great news for UAE residents stuck outside the country! You can now return to the UAE as long as you have a valid residence visa.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) on May 18, 2020 announced that UAE residents stranded overseas can apply for the Residents’ Entry Permit to register themselves for return flights that have started from June 1, 2020.
HOW A TO GET RESIDENTS’ ENTRY PERMIT FOR UAE RESIDENTS STUCK OUTSIDE?
Any UAE resident stranded abroad as a result of the recent travel restrictions, wishing to return to the country can now apply for the entry permit. Here’s how you can do that.
- Log in to the ICA Resident Entry Permit portal
- Enter the required information
- Upload the required documents for UAE Resident Entry Permit
- Review your application and submit
- A tracking number will be sent to you via email once you complete the application – keep it safe and await the approval.
Please keep in mind that submission of the application does not grant you the permit to catch a return flight to the UAE. Residents stuck outside the UAE must wait for the FAIC approval on the application to be able to book your airline tickets.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE RESIDENT ENTRY PERMIT?
In order for the permit application to be successful, stranded UAE residents need to submit digital copies of the following documents:
- A recent coloured photograph
- A valid UAE residence visa
- Copy of a valid passport
- Reasonable proof of your reason to travel abroad
- A ticket to the UAE (optional)
- All files must be in JPG, JPEG or PDF formats
- No file should be more than 2MB in size
- The ticket to the UAE must have been purchased before the travel ban in UAE was imposed
- Proof of travel could be a letter from the employer, medical organisation, college/university or flight tickets in case of tourism.
WHAT IS THE FEES FOR UAE RESIDENT ENTRY PERMIT?
The FAIC is not charging any Resident Entry Permit application fee. So, you do not have to pay anything when you apply for the permit. However, a permit fees may be applicable once it’s issued.
OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are a couple of other questions that stranded UAE residents usually seek answers for.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FACE TROUBLE IN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION?
In case your application gets stuck at some point due to a system glitch or any other issue, use the issued draft number to refresh the application.
If you still have trouble submitting our application, get in touch with the experts at FAIC. You can call them on +971-60-052-2222
WHEN CAN UAE RESIDENTS STUCK OUTSIDE FLY BACK TO THE COUNTRY?
UAE residents stranded in Pakistan, India or anywhere else in the world can book their flight tickets once their application is approved by the FAIC.
Etihad and Emirates Airlines have resumed limited operations with one-way flights to the UAE. It is advised not to purchase airline tickets unless you get your Residents Entry Permit.
All UAE residents stuck abroad must acquaint themselves with the latest visa updates in the UAE and then act accordingly.
It is also important to keep in mind that all returning residents will be subjected to stringent safety measures at UAE airports. Residents returning to Dubai should familiarise themselves with the new guidelines for wearing a face mask in the emirate.
Join us on discussions about property, lifestyle and everything happening in the UAE on the MyBayut community on Facebook!