Deira is a core trading hub and the oldest commercial district in Dubai. One of the most well-known spots in the vicinity is Gold Souk that has eye-popping displays of gold jewellery and precious stones. There are iconic landmarks, retail outlets and a plethora of cafes and restaurants in Deira that make add character to this bustling district.
Best Restaurants in Deira
Deira is also a well-known cultural hub of Dubai. In the midst of traditional souks where traders have tended to the same shops for decades, you’ll find outstanding restaurants in Deira catering to different tastes and budgets. Let’s look at the most prominent restaurants Deira area.
AB’s Absolute Barbecues
Rated among the top barbecue restaurants in Deira is AB’s Absolute Barbecues. BBQ at AB’s is served on a table in a DIY grill style. From Brazilian Churrasco to the Portuguese Peri Peri, there are endless barbecue-style options you can choose from. You can also have the meats, cuts and vegetable sides of your choice. AB’s is ranked amongst the top buffet restaurants in Deira with its wide array of buffet-style main courses with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday 12:00 pm – 03:00 pm, 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm |Thursday to Saturday 12:00 pm – 03:30 pm, 6:30 pm – 11:30
- Average cost for two: AED 160
- Location: Mezzanine Floor, Block A, Centurion Star Tower, Deira City Centre Area, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-0764
Max’s Restaurant is one of the top restaurants in Deira Dubai. It’s also one of the best Filipino restaurants in Dubai where you can find authentic flavours from Philipines. Max’s Restaurant menu has a number of traditional Filipino dishes such as bulalo, tapa, fried chicken, leche flan, sinigang, chicken inasal and a divine chocolate cake. Filipino expats can catch a taste of home right in the centre of Dubai’s bustling Deira district.
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday 09:00 am – 12:00 midnight |Thursday to Saturday 09:00 am – 01:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 155
- Location: Opposite Al Ghurair Center, Street 22 A, Al Rigga, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-2891342
The Coffee Club
Australia’s popular café group, The Coffee Club has several outlets in Dubai that offer a selection of the finest pasta, sandwiches, spaghetti carbonara and a revitalizing cup of cappuccino. Chicken with cashew nut and chia pot are some of the must-try dishes from the Coffee Club Deira menu. The Coffee Club is among the best restaurants in Deira City Center Dubai.
- Timings: Everyday 7:30 am – 11:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 200
- Location: Level 1, Deira City Centre Area, Dubai
- Contact: +971-04-2891670
CoffeeTea Fusion café
This cosy café is located at the Deira waterfront market and considered a hidden gem of the city. CoffeeTea Fusion Deira has a lovely seating area with pristine sea views. This eatery is popular for its English breakfast that includes pancakes, waffles, salads, and pasta. Moreover, they have a wide selection of distinctive coffees and teas. Some of the best drinks to try from the CoffeeTea Fusion Café Deira menu is the CoffeeTea signature drink and the black lemonade as they are a treat for coffee/tea buffs.
- Timings: Everyday 10:30 am – 12:00 midnight
- Average cost for two: AED 110
- Location: Deira Water Front Market, Al Khaleej Road, Abu Hail, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-227-7709
Denny’s is among the most popular casual dining restaurants in Deira Dubai. It brings the quintessential American comfort and fast foods to the UAE with an extensive Denny’s Dubai menu. Counted among the best all-day breakfast places in Dubai, Dennys serves some killer coffee that will wake you up instantly. You can sample the delicious waffles, fluffy omelettes and different varieties of slam making Denny’s one of the most sought-after restaurants in Deira.
- Timings: Sunday to Saturday 08:00 am – 11:00 pm |Thursday & Friday 08:00 am – 12:00 midnight
- Average cost for two: AED 210
- Location: Floor 2, Near VOX Cinemas, City Centre Deira, Baniyas Road, Deira City Centre Area, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-234-1714
The secret of Japanese foods lies in using natural fresh ingredients elegantly presented to delight the senses. Yakitate is a sought-after Japanese restaurant in Deira that offers the best of Japanese cuisine with a modern twist of the Yakitate concept. Experience a new way to smell, see and taste your food by indulging in some award-winning dishes from Yakitate in Deira Dubai. Where else can you find a healthy mouth-watering Sushi burger and rice burgers other than Yakitate.
- Timings: Everyday 08:30 am – 12:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 125
- Location: Shop E3, Ground Floor, Opposite Al Ghurair Center, Street 22 A, Al Rigga, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-9085
Aroos Damascus is one of the largest restaurants in Deira as it occupies an entire block. This Syrian restaurant is amongst the more affordable cheap restaurants in Deira Dubai. The Aroos Damascus Deira Dubai menu is everything you can expect from an authentic Syrian restaurant. Hummus, shawarma, kebabs, falafel, fattoush and chargrilled chicken are some of the must-try dishes. The authentic flavours of Syria make Aroos Damascus amongst the best Arabic restaurants in Deira.
- Timings: Everyday 07:00 am – 03:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 100
- Location: Opposite Dream Place Hotel, Muraqqabat Street, Al Muraqqabat, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-221-9825
Al Dawaar Revolving Restaurant – Hyatt Regency Dubai
The Al Dawaar Revolving Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Dubai is not just a fine-dining restaurant, but it is Dubai’s only rooftop revolving restaurant with enviable views among the best rooftop restaurants in Dubai. Dining at Al Dawar Revolving Restaurant is an unforgettable experience. Outstanding gastronomical delights are complemented with views of the vast blue waters of the Persian Gulf, Dubai Creek and iconic Dubai skyline. Those looking for a fine dining experience at one of the best buffet restaurant in Deira Dubai can enjoy a range of delicious starters, main courses and desserts with a choice of à la carte beverages at this restaurant. Pair your meals with a wide range of premium aged wines and champagnes from the Al Dawar al a carte drinks menu.
- Timings: Sunday to Saturday 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm, 07:00 pm – 11:30 pm | Saturday to Sunday 12:30 pm – 04:00 pm, 07:00 pm – 12:00 midnight
- Average Cost for two: AED 400
- Location: Level 25, Hyatt Regency Dubai, Naif, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-0437
Minato – Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Deira Creek
Minato at Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai is one of the top-ranking Japanese buffet restaurants in Deira Creek. For over 10 years the restaurant is delighting Japanese food enthusiasts with its extensive Japanese buffet menu by serving the best dishes from the cuisine. The sushi here is excellent and the other must-try menu items are tempura shrimp, salmon, tuna sashimi, miso soup, tempura prawns, beef teriyaki, and teppanyaki.
- Timings: Everyday 12:30 pm – 03:00 pm, 07:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 265
- Location: Level 2, Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Deira Creek, Baniyas, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-526-9156
Bait Al Mandi
Mandi buffs will love the wholesome mandi cooked with local herbs and spices served with different proteins of your choice. Bait Al Mandi Deira Dubai is ranked among the best mandi places in Dubai, this mandi house offers chicken mandi, kunafa, mutton mandi particularly goat or lamb, biryani, fish mandi, mutton beef or chicken madfoon, and chicken madhabi.
- Timings: Everyday 10:00 am – 02:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 80
- Location: Ground Floor, Five Building, Al Muraqqabat Street, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-262-9139
That’s all from our list of the best restaurants in Deira, Dubai. Apart from these options, there are several appealing restaurants in Deira City Centre, including Paul, Potbelly, Gazebo and more. The city has an expansive choice of other culinary options from the top Indian restaurants in Dubai to the best Chinese hotpot restaurants. For those staying in the best hotels in Deira will find themselves close to the cultural hub of Dubai with several attractions and sights to explore. Other than indulging in a food tour of the area, you can take a sightseeing trip to discover several fun things to do in Deira.