- Kite Beach by Meraas
- JBR Beach
- La Mer Beach
- Al Sufouh Beach
- Umm Suqeim Beach
- Nikki Beach Resort & Spa
- Barasti Beach Bar
- White Beach
- The Cove Beach
- Drift Beach Club
Please note that these destinations currently are closed under the directives issued by the relevant authorities to tackle the coronavirus pandemic.
Best Beach Clubs and Public Beaches in Dubai
It is said that we dream in colours borrowed from the sea. And this certainly rings true for the residents of Dubai. The long, pristine stretch of sand and the scenic shoreline of the emirate is a major tourist attraction. Every day, especially during summers, hundreds drive to the public beaches in Dubai to enjoy the calm blue waters and beach activities. This could range from a quiet lay down on the beach to soaking the sunlight to dancing your heart out on tunes of a DJ at one of the best beach clubs in Dubai.
Best Public Beaches in Dubai
For many, the best thing about living in Dubai is the luxury of free access to public beaches that offer lots of activities including kitesurfing and beach volleyball. Here, we shall present a list of the best beaches in Dubai. So even if you are touring Dubai for a short period, make sure you visit as many of these beaches as possible.
Kite Beach by Meraas
Undoubtedly, Kite Beach is one of the top public beaches in Dubai. If you are a water sports enthusiast, Kite Beach is the first beach in Dubai you should visit. Activities and facilities on offer include kitesurfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, skating, volleyball, jogging track, gym, waterpark and shopping. Moreover, the food trucks on Kite beach are very popular. We suggest getting your hands on some scrumptious sliders and shakes at SALT.
The manicured sands, the cool breeze and blue water, provides the perfect relaxation spot for residents and tourists alike. The next time someone asks you about Dubai’s favourite beach spot for friends, family and fitness fanatics – you know the answer.
- Kite Beach Timings: Open 24 hours, but swimming is only allowed until sunset.
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Salt and Taqado Mexican Kitchen
- Entry free
JBR Beach / The Beach by Meeras
JBR Beach is another hotspot for beach lovers in Dubai. This beach is a particular favourite for families because there is something on offer for everyone.
Adventurous souls can try banana boat rides, donut rides, jet ski, parasailing, kayaking and paddleboarding. Others can just sit on the sunbeds, daybeds or cabanas to relax and look forward to a perfect tan. Kids can head to the Splash Pad and enjoy some exciting games. Offering an excellent range of shops, restaurants, leisure and entertainment options, JBR Beach Mall is also just around the corner. Hence, it is no surprise, that this is one of the most popular beaches in Dubai.
- JBR Beach Timings: Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00 am to 11:00 pm | Thursday to Saturday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am.
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Leopold’s of London, Bombay Bungalow, Cheesecake Factory
- Entry free
La Mer Beach
La Mer Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Dubai. If you are looking for the perfect display picture or an amazing video, La Mer Beach is the place to visit. The colourful alleyways provide the perfect background. With a water park, water sports facilities and a number of outstanding bars, cafes and diners, La Mer Beach offers a wholesome experience.
- Timings: Weekdays (Sunday to Wednesday): Retail: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, beach until sunset. Weekends (Thursday to Saturday): Retail: 10:00 am to 12:00 am – beach until sunset
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Star’N’Bars, Five Guys, Salt and Parker
- Entry free
Black Palace Beach / Al Sufouh Beach
Al Sufouh Beach, also known as the Secret Beach, is relatively a calmer and quieter place. So people seeking a relaxation session head to Al Sufouh Beach. You will not find beach sports facilities or an extensive gym, like other beaches. This is one solely for people who want to enjoy the natural beauty of the beach. Snorkelling is an option, however, you will have to bring your own gear. For groups, it is an ideal place to play football, beach cricket or beach volleyball.
- Black Palace Beach Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Restaurants: Pai Thai, Pierchic and other restaurants in Madinat Jumeirah
- Entry free
Sunset Beach / Umm Suqeim Beach
Fancy a selfie with the iconic Burj Al Arab in the background as the sun sets? All you have to do is head to Umm Suqeim Beach. Also if you enjoy surfing, there are few better spots in Dubai than Sunset Beach. Kite surfing is another activity you could try. Close to Sunset Beach is the famous Wild Wadi Waterpark. So for a family picnic, Umm Suqeim Beach is the ideal choice.
- Sunset Beach Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Restaurants and cafes nearby: Bu Qtair Fish Restaurant
- Entry free
This completes our list of the top beaches in Dubai. Once we fight off the pandemic, you know which beaches will be perfect for a picnic.
Best Beach Clubs in Dubai
The calm weather especially at night and the soothing ocean breeze lends itself for a lit party. The good thing is that best beach clubs in Dubai make that happen. Next, we present a list of the top beach clubs in Dubai, where every night is full of thrill and excitement.
Nikki Beach Resort & Spa
For starters, you can dance like there is no tomorrow at this wonderful beach club. After that, you can take a dip in the leisure pool. Order drinks from the swim-up bar. Alternatively, you could also go to the shisha terrace. For dinner, you have a continental menu to choose from. Everything combines to make this an incredible experience for the visitors. It is one of the best beach clubs in Dubai.
- Location: Pearl Jumeirah
- Timings: 11:00 am to 08:00 pm
- Entry price: AED 150 per person (weekdays); AED 250 per person (weekends) (inclusive of access to pool and beach)
- Contact: +971-4-376-6162
Barasti Beach Bar
Barasti Beach Club Dubai’s event calendar is its unique selling point. People have the option to choose a night to visit based on their favourite type of food, a day of celebration or a particular thematic party. It is certainly one of the top beach bars in Dubai. In fact, it is also one of the oldest beach clubs in the emirate. Expect a wild and wicked night of fun on your next visit.
- Location: Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Al Sufouh Road
- Cost: Free entry (as long as you purchase F&B)
- Timings: 09:00 am onwards (weekdays) and 10:00 am onwards (weekends); until sunset (beach) and until 12:00 am (pool)
- Contact: +971-4-318-1313
WHITE Beach has recently opened, yet it has become one of the most favoured hotspots in Dubai for quality entertainment and relaxation. The stunning infinity pool, a wide-open terrace under the blue skies and incredible food all add up to make White Beach one of the best beach clubs in Dubai.
- Location: Atlantis The Palm, Palm Jumeirah
- Cost: AED 200 for a single bed (AED 100 is redeemable on F&B)
- Timings: 10:00 am to 08:00 pm. The pool closes at sunset.
- Contact: +971-55-200-4321
The Cove Beach
A favourite with Dubai’s nigh owls, Cove Beach is known for its fun, vibrant beachside vibes. Dance away your worries and enjoy some amazing cocktails.
- Location: Caesars Palace, Bluewaters Island
- Entry price: AED 200 per person on weekdays (AED 100 redeemable on F&B) and AED 300 per person on weekends (AED 150 redeemable on F&B)
- Timings: Daily: 10:00 am until sunset
- Contact: +971-50-454-6920
Drift Beach Club
The infinity pool at the Drift Beach Club is just marvellous. Sit on the side, sipping on their cocktails and enjoying the views of Dubai Marina. It’s certainly a sight to behold. The restaurants also offer some terrific food. Overall, it is a relaxing and soothing experience. For people looking for a break from the mundane schedule, drift along to the club and just take a break from life.
- Location: One & Only Royal Mirage, Dubai Marina
- Timings: 10:30 am to 07:00 pm
- Entry price: AED 200 per person (weekdays); AED 250 per person (weekends) (inclusive of a sunbed, towels, seasonal fruit bowl and bottled water and access to swimming pool and beach)
- Contact: +971-4-315-2220
This completes our list of the top beach clubs in Dubai. As we fight the global pandemic together, it might be a good time to plan for the near future. You could also look at some of the top private beaches in Dubai. By staying indoors, we can ensure that regular service resumes sooner than later. We can visit beaches, beach clubs and fine dining restaurants in Dubai fairly soon if every citizen plays his part.
Keep following MyBayut to find out about all the best hotspots in Dubai.