- Expo 2020 Pavilions
- Attend the World Blockchain Summit 2020
- View the immersive projection Al Wasl Plaza Steel Dome
- Explore over 200 food and beverage outlets
- Family-friendly things to do at Expo 2020
- General Information about Dubai Expo 2020
Note: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Expo 2020 Dubai has been postponed by one year. The new dates for Expo 2020 Dubai will be 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
With 190 countries participating and visitors expected from all around the world, the Dubai Expo 2020 event is going to be a grand celebration of innovations and business collaborations. Most of the events and attractions have already been confirmed for this mega event.
The Dubai Expo 2020 Countdown event was a curtain-raiser to the highly anticipated expo. At the glittery event, the likes of Mariah Carey and Hussain Al Jassmi performed while the mascots of the Expo 2020 were revealed to the world.
Here are some of the top attractions and things to do at Expo 2020 in Dubai that visitors can look forward to once the event begins.
EXPO 2020 Pavilions
Each country has its pavilion which are inspired by the themes of the Dubai Expo 2020 — Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability.
The Opportunity Pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai is meant to trigger a desire in visitors to create a better world. The visitor experience will be based on gameplay, a series of which will challenge participants and make them think about issues related to basic needs like water and energy.
Notable country pavilions that have been revealed in the Opportunity District at Expo 2020 include the following.
- Austria Pavilion: A nation known for re-imagining ideas, the Austria Pavilion uses 9,000-year-old soil to create its space with a total of 47 impressive truncated cones.
- China Pavilion: This will be the largest pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai with a theme to build a shared community for mankind
- Emirates Airline Pavilion: Lighter aircrafts with interactive windows, a virtual fuselage, noise-cancelling shrouds and automated trolleys await visitors at the Dubai Expo 2020 Emirates Pavilion.
Other countries that will have pavilions in the Opportunity District are Bahrain, Belarus, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Monaco, Morroco, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Ukraine and the UK.
Visitors at the Mobility District will explore the movement of goods, ideas, people and data through time — from the House of Wisdom in 9th century Baghdad to futuristic space missions. Take a ride in the largest elevator in the world and go forward in time to the City of Tomorrow.
Countries that will be gracing Expo Dubai 2020 with pavilions in the Mobility District include:
- Belgium Pavilion: It will feature renewable energy sources and smart technologies to feed plants and will also consist of the country’s spectacular cuisine for hungry guests
- France Pavilion: Titled “Lights”, this area’s theme will focus on light as an enabler of progress, a source of heat and a vehicle for connections
- Oman Pavilion: In addition to reflecting Oman’s rich past, this pavilion will explore how frankincense has played a pivotal role in the country for more than 5,000 years
Other countries featured in the Mobility District at the Expo 2020 will be Finland, Peru, Poland, Russia, Turkmenistan and the Republic of Korea.
Creating its own water and electricity, this pavilion at the Dubai Expo 2020 will feature global projects that are creating new strides in sustainability. The experience will involve visitors walking underneath dense forests as the roots communicate with one another and you can even witness a giant fish whose habitat is disturbed by ocean pollution. Countries that will have their own pavilions at the Sustainability District in the Dubai Expo 2020 include:
- Azerbaijan Pavilion: The nature-inspired pavilion has a leaf-shaped roof and will encourage visitors to consider the impact our personal choices have
- Canada Pavilion: The wooden structure surrounds a 360-degree immersive theatre which showcases the country’s story
- Netherlands Pavilion: Filled with sustainable solutions this pavilion will include a cone-shaped vertical farm
Other countries with pavilions in the Sustainability District include Brazil, Czech Republic, Philippines, Montenegro, Spain, Sweden, Singapore and Germany.
ATTEND THE WORLD BLOCKCHAIN SUMMIT 2020
Wondering what blockchain is? Now, you can learn everything you need to know about blockchain and the many advantages it offers. Visit the World Blockchain Summit 2020 to be held at the Dubai Exhibition Centre.
- Date: From 2nd till 6th November 2020.
VIEW THE IMMERSIVE PROJECTION AL WASL PLAZA STEEL DOME
There will be plenty of things to do at Expo 2020 and visiting the Al Wasl Plaza Steel dome is a must! The massive steel-dome is made from natural materials and it is the world’s biggest 360-degree projection surface. Expo 2020 also includes other largescale venues to suit every outdoor occasion including Jubilee Park and Al Forsan Park.
GET A BIRD’S EYE VIEW OF THE SUMMIT
After you have explored different parts of the Expo, you can take to the skies and see the venue and the pavilions from high above. Visitors can head to the top of the rotating observation tower for a breathtaking view. The rotating tower offers one of the best vistas of the entire venue, so don’t forget to take photos for your social media here!
ATTEND THE FIRST EVER EMIRATI OPERA
The Al Wasl Opera is a true cultural milestone for the UAE and will be one of the exciting things to do at Expo 2020. The lead composer of the opera is Mohammad Fairouz, whose unique artistic approach will make this opera an amazing experience.
The opera will feature performances in both English and Arabic languages. It will feature over 100 artists and musicians, who will take you on the journey of the UAE from its Bedouin roots to the now modern melting pot of cultures. Aligning with the official opening of the Expo 2020, this is a show you won’t want to miss.
EXPLORE OVER 200 FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS
The Dubai Expo 2020 attractions will also include over 200 food and beverages outlets from different corners of the world. Take a culinary journey across the world, tasting unique dishes from various cultures, right here in Dubai!
Get ready to experience more than 30 dining concepts in Dubai and more than 50 country cuisines including Levant Fusion and Argentinian. The food scene at the Expo 2020 will include everything from budget-friendly options to Michelin Stars and futuristic dining experiences.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY THINGS TO DO AT EXPO 2020
The Expo 2020 is for everyone, even the little ones! There are plenty of things to do and attractions for kids at the Expo in Dubai. Let’s take a look at the top family-friendly activities at Expo 2020 Dubai.
DISCOVER MORE THAN 60 SHOWS
The Expo will be spread over a whopping 173 days, and there will be more than 60 family-friendly shows each day! The shows will include a variety of entertainment to appeal to families with kids. This line-up of shows at the Expo 2020 will include parades, pop-ups, guest appearances, one-off events and much more.
UNIQUE SCHOOL TRIPS
The Expo has an amazing offer for schools who would want to take their pupils on an Expo 2020 Dubai tour. The educational tours will include The Universe in Motion, World of Opportunities, The Legacy of the UAE and Sustainable Planet. Each tour is designed with young kids in mind to encourage their interest in sustainable green technology.
EXPLORE EXERCISES AND GAMES
Parents are well aware of the struggle needed to get their kids off from their electronic devices and head outside for some outdoor play. The Expo 2020 will provide a unique opportunity for kids and parents to discover exciting games and exercises. These new and inventive games are designed to make kids more active, curious and creative.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT DUBAI EXPO 2020
What is the Expo 2020 date?
Expo 2020 Dubai will run form 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
WHAT ARE DUBAI EXPO 2020 TIMINGS?
The Expo 2020 Dubai opening hours for pavilions will be between 10:00 am to 01:00 am from Saturday to Wednesday. On the other hand, timings on Thursday and Friday will be from 10:00 am to 02:00 am.
WHAT IS THE DUBAI EXPO 2020 LOCATION?
The Dubai Expo 2020 is considered one of the future-forward expos in history and will be held in the Dubai South district located near the Al Maktoum International Airport. The Dubai Expo 2020 site will cover over 4.39 square kilometres with four main gates.
GETTING TO DUBAI EXPO 2020
The newly constructed Dubai Metro Route 2020 is set to take approximately 26,000 people every hour to and from the Expo 2020 site in Dubai in less than 16 minutes from the Dubai Marina. Additionally, Expo 2020 shuttle buses will operate across Dubai and the UAE. Parking is also available free with a free shuttle bus service to the main arrival gates. And while the Expo 2020 is built for walkability, visitors won’t have a problem moving longer distances thanks to the “people mover” free shuttle bus service which will be operating around the perimeter of the site.
WHAT IS THE DUBAI EXPO 2020 ENTRANCE FEES?
Before the postponement was announced, these were the prices for the Dubai Expo 2020 tickets are expected to go on sale in April 2020,
- 1-day ticket: AED 120 per adult | AED 60 for kids between 6-17 | Free for senior citizens above 65 and children
- 2-day ticket: AED 260 per adult | AED 130 for kids between 6-17 | Free for senior citizens above 65 and children (0 to 5 years)
- Monthly Pass: AED 350 per adult | AED 175 for kids between 6-17 | Free for senior citizens above 65 and children (0 to 5 years)
- Premium season pass: AED 895 per adult | AED 587 for kids between 6-17 | AED 300 for senior citizens above 65 | Free for kids (0 to 5 years)
- Ultimate Season pass: AED 1,295 per adult | AED 997 for kids between 6-17 | AED 700 senior citizens above 65 | Free for kids (0 to 5 years)
Additionally, its free access to people of determination plus one companion at half the price
That sums up our list of things to do at Expo 2020 Dubai! Stay tuned to MyBayut for more details about the mega event, which has less than a year to go.
Plan on going to the Expo? You can participate in the event with an official RTA Expo 2020 logo license plate for your vehicle. Also, check out the spectacular real estate projects lined up for Expo 2020 Dubai.