To cater to the needs of the cosmopolitan expat population in the emirate, there are plenty of watering holes in Dubai where residents can enjoy a drink with friends and family. Apart from several bars and lounges in the city, there are also well-regulated liquor stores in Dubai, which offer a variety of international brands. It’s easy to purchase alcohol anywhere in Dubai thanks to the presence of such stores, however, residents and tourists both require a valid licence for legal alcohol consumption in the city. Tourists can apply for a 30-day licence in any of the alcohol shops in Dubai to legally buy liquor. Now let’s take a look at the various liquor stores in Dubai.
The two main retailers for alcoholic beverages in the city include MMI (Maritime and Mercantile International (MMI) and African +Eastern. Both these alcohol shops are also offering home delivery of alcohol in Dubai since March 2020.
MMI Dubai is one of the largest and best liquor stores in Dubai. MMI is one of the oldest companies in Dubai with its roots stretching back to 1891. There are over 17 outlets of MMI across the city. MMI also has an online store and the exclusive Le Clos outlet at Dubai International Airport Terminal 1 and Terminal 3, which stocks premium alcoholic beverages.
MMI is one of the world’s leading alcohol distributors with a range of different brands of spirit, wine and beer. MMI stores also offers alcohol licences in Dubai. You can submit an application from their online portal on the official website.
- Location: Multiple locations across Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-304-0400
Looking for other liquor stores in Dubai? Another popular alcohol store chain in Dubai is African+Eastern. It has several branches across Dubai and other parts of the UAE as well. Similar to MMI, African+Eastern also offers online alcohol licensing services for residents and tourists.
Some of the other services offered by African+Eastern are the Click & Collect and home delivery options, to make it easy and convenient for shoppers. You can also make the most of the monthly discounts offered to help you find cheap liquor in Dubai. Apart from online shopping with liquor delivery in Dubai, their regularly updated website is a good option to check the liquor price in Dubai before you decide to make a purchase.
- Availing the A+E’s Click & Collect service is simple.
- All you need to do is select from a range of products including spirits, beer, wine and champagne, from the online store.
- In the second step, select an African+Eastern store near you. The company has 16 outlets in Dubai so it’s highly likely to find one close to your area.
- Once your order is confirmed, it will take a few hours to have your order ready.
- Print a copy of your order details and visit the selected African+Eastern store to collect your order.
- Location: Multiple locations across Dubai
- Contact: Home delivery and customer care please contact +971-4-434-4500
Apart from these two major retailers, there is also a Cellar Saver alcohol store in Karama, close to the new Lulu Hypermarket. The newly opened Nakheel Mall’s Depachika Food Hall also features a Wine Cellar, where you can purchase premium wines from around the world.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR DRINKING ALCOHOL IN DUBAI
- Legal age for drinking in Dubai is 21
- Drinking in public is strictly prohibited
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is a criminal offence
- Drinking in bars, pubs, lounges and nightclubs is allowed
- Residents and tourists are required to get an alcohol consumption licence in Dubai
- Alcohol licence for residents is valid for one year while tourists can get a 30-day licence with an option to extend if they wish to stay longer
- Both MMI and African-Eastern has a dedicated online portal for an alcohol licence
- The alcohol licence is valid for non-Muslims residents and tourists only
That’s all for our round-up of the best liquor stores in Dubai. Now you know where to buy liquor in Dubai. MMI and African-Eastern have cellars and stores across Dubai in all major areas. Some of the districts with outlets from both the companies are Jumeirah, City Walk Dubai, Al Barsha, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Lake Towers and other districts.
If you wish to socialise over drinks, you can try some of the top bars in Dubai. Similarly, if you’re looking for bars with a view, check these top roof-top bars in Dubai to enjoy cocktails with breathtaking views of the city. Patrons will be delighted to know about the various places with happy hours in Dubai. These happy hour places are perfect for a night out with friends.
Stay tuned to MyBayut for more updates.