Concerns over climate change, renewable energy, clean air and water continue to draw attention towards sustainable urban planning. In the wake of climate change, The Sustainable City Dubai is another addition to the eco-friendly projects in Dubai. The aim is to develop a self-sustaining community for future generations. This guide on Sustainable City Dubai reviews and unveils what it has to offer and what it’s like living in Sustainable City Dubai.
Before we get into a full fledges Sustainable City Dubai review, here are some interesting facts about sustainability that will give you a better understanding of the relevance of this project.
What is a sustainable city?
The foundation of a sustainable city is laid in accordance with sustainable urban planning.
- It involves practices and strategies that ensure liveable communities in the long run.
- Such a community aims to reduce the carbon footprint while building a sustainable lifestyle which requires an adjustment in terms of sustainable preferences for waste disposal methods, transportation and utility consumption.
What are the characteristics of a sustainable city?
The fundamental characteristics of a sustainable city are preservation, restoration and renovation.
- A pre-existing city can be made sustainable by adopting modern waste management practices, irrigation and reducing energy inputs. A sustainable city would have features that support a community economically, socially and environmentally.
- A sustainable city is built on a 3-tiered approach of reducing, reusing and recycling. It is achieved with a sustainable infrastructure by harvesting energy from alternative sources and recycling waste.
- For residents, a sustainable city is an energy efficient community with fresh air and clean water that would not compromise the living experience of future generations.
The Sustainable City Dubai Facts
About the Sustainable City Dubai Location
- Located on Al Qudra Road, The Sustainable City is positioned near Arabian Ranches 2 community.
- The Sustainable City Dubai location is directly accessible from Umm Suqeim St. to Dubai; the Emirates Road also connects this community with the outskirts of the town.
- For young adults seeking higher education, Dubai International Academy City, home to many universities, is a 20-minute drive away. Also, Brighton College is 15-minutes away, while Dubai College is a 22-minute drive away.
What is life in Sustainable City Dubai like?
- All homes have insulated walls to conserve energy and maintain indoor temperature.
- For each house, energy generation is between 25 and 30 kilowatts per hour as harnessed from solar panels.
- Due to water recycling and generating energy from solar panels, the residents would not have to pay escalating utility bills. The resulting utility bills would be 50% lesser than usual.
- From the residential perspective, life in Sustainable City Dubai is luxurious and clean.
- You will have the liberty to grow your own vegetables and benefit from locally grown produce.
- The Sustainable City community in Dubai features a spacious neighbourhood with walkways, trails, pools, farms, retail and dining options.
- For your car parking spots, solar panels cover the areas in each residential cluster. Those solar panels channel electricity for vehicle charging stations, urban farming and street lights without costing a penny.
About the property in Sustainable City Dubai
- The Sustainable City in Dubai spans 113 acres that have 5 residential clusters comprising of 500 villas.
- For each residential cluster, there is an urban farm that connects to the rest of the community.
- There are 11 bio-dome greenhouses that make a Central Green Spine of the city. The capacity of urban farming for the community is 3,000 sq. m.
- Regarding the residential property for rent, one will find 3, 4 and 5-bed townhouses and villas in The Sustainable City Dubai. In terms of the Sustainable City Dubai floor plans, the largest living space for a 3-bed house is around 3,400 sq. ft. whereas it is 5,600 sq. ft. for a 4-bed villa which will also have a maid’s room.
- There are also double storey villas that have ample air-circulation and natural light.
- The kitchens are fully furnished and ideal for those with ambitious culinary aspirations.
- The Sustainable City Dubai master plan also comprises of a residential community with two signature villas, eight garden villas and 90 courtyard villas.
- Also, there are swimming pools, gardens, farms and trails for walking and jogging.
Villas for rent in The Sustainable City Dubai
The properties for rent in sustainable city Dubai are available in the configuration of 3, 4 and 5-bed villas and townhouses.
- For the 3-bedroom villas for rent in The Sustainable City average yearly is AED 180k.
- The 4-bed villas for rent start from AED 195k and will offer a floor space of 3,777 sq. ft.
- The rental price goes higher for villas with 5,466 sq. ft. of living space; one would have to pay AED 260k per annum for such a lavish villa as per current listings on Bayut.
- For a 4-bed garden villa in Sustainable City, there are three en-suite bedrooms on the first floor and private balconies in two bedrooms. The Sustainable City Dubai rents for a 4-bedroom garden villa averages AED 280k per year.
- There are also 3-bed townhouses for rent in The Sustainable City. The rent starts from AED 179k, whereas 4-bedroom units can be as expensive as AED 280k per annum.
Villa in Sustainable City for Sale
- If you’re looking to buy a 3-bed villa in Sustainable City, be ready to pay anywhere between AED 2.7M and AED 3.1M as per current listings.
- A 4-bed villa in Sustainable City can be acquired for as low as AED 2.87M, while the price can go up to AED 4.6M for more lavish options.
- A five bedroom villa for sale in Sustainable City Dubai will cost approximately AED 10M and will easily accommodate a large family.
About the Sustainable Plaza
A luxurious community is incomplete without retail and recreational options.
The Sustainable Plaza is a 15,000 sq. m. area that is home to a number of amenities which complement the living experience of residents. For instance, health and wellness facilities, retail options, entertainment and dining areas can all be found here.
Healthcare and Wellness Facilities
The Sustainable Plaza houses a number of options to rehabilitate your mind, body and soul.
- With its 24/7 pharmaceutical retailing option, Life Pharmacy addresses your medicinal needs.
- A multi-service clinic in Sustainable City with traditional and scientific modes of treatment, The Chiron Clinic is at your service to maintain your health.
- There is also Core Basics that specialises in physical therapy services and other wellness programs for paediatric rehabilitation.
- Another luxury wellness service in the Sustainable Plaza is Sea Salt Spa that ensures a relaxing experience.
Schools in Sustainable City
- For parents looking at schools in The Sustainable City, there is CreaKids nursery conveniently located in the neighbourhood.
- Also, there is Playpoint day-care that offers a pristine area for learning with interactive activities.
- The Sustainable City Dubai location is also accessible to Arabian Ranches 2 nursery and Ranches Primary School.
- Miami Autism Rehabilitation Centre at The Sustainable Plaza offers therapeutic services and has programs for children with autism.
Restaurants at The Sustainable Plaza
- The plaza features all the Sustainable City Dubai restaurants with a variety of cuisines and dining options to tantalise your taste buds.
- There is La Vaca that specialises in Uruguayan beef where you can experience South American heritage.
- Maria Bonita is another addition where you can indulge in Mexican Grill and Tacos.
- You can also experience traditional Eastern food with Tuk Tuk Thai Cuisine that offers a fusion of excellent flavours.
- There is also a fast food option, 800 Pizza and traditional Middle Eastern cuisine can be found at Khbz and Zaad that is a perfect place to share a meal.
- There are also Sustainable City Dubai restaurants specialising in brews, bites and bagels, such as Spill The Beans and Bagels & More, where you can have healthy snacks and drinks.
Retail Options at The Sustainable Plaza
The Sustainable City Dubai also has various retail options that offer clothing, groceries, a salon and art boutiques at the plaza.
- You can go to Zoom supermarket to purchase a wide range of packaged products and fresh food.
- To fulfil your grooming needs, Show Style Salon has an engaging staff while Hair Touch Salon is an affordable grooming option for men.
- If you have a pet, the Sustainable Plaza also houses Paws & Claws Pet where you can get a pleasant grooming result for your pet. Pet owners will also be happy to know that the Sustainable City Dubai dog park reopened in 2018 to give canines a 1,000 square metre facility to frolick in.
- Those interested in gardening can also opt for a flower boutique, Plant Art, that specialises in indoor landscaping solutions.
Apart from these facilities, there are a number of recreational and learning platforms for children, youngsters and adults. Those include Beitfann, MyHive, SEED and Music Centre.
A community dedicated to nurturing creative minds with features such as art talks, workshops, exhibitions, walk-in sessions and kid’s camps.
Dedicated to promoting the importance of bees while sharing beekeeping wonders. It is a local source of high-quality organic honey where residents can also visit beehives to learn about the beekeeping process.
Sustainability and Environmental Education platform aims to increase awareness regarding social, economic and environmental sustainability. Residents of any age can learn through guided tours and workshops.
A platform that teaches music and offers vocal lessons for all people of all ages.
The Sustainable City Dubai Equestrian Cente
Apart from all these other facilities, animals lovers in Sustainable City have access to an equestrian centre. The Sustainable City horse riding facility is perfect for amateurs and offers lessons from experienced trainers. Operating from Sunday to Thursday, this a perfect after-school activity for children in the community. For more details, you can contact the management on +971-4-557-6611.
The Sustainable City Dubai is an inspirational project of Diamond Developers. It is the first zero-energy project in the UAE to feature a glimpse of the future. If you are also inspired by this community and are opting for sustainable living, check out the properties for sale in The Sustainable City. If you are concerned about climate change, why not play your bit by making your home more eco-friendly.