- Snorkelling Equipment
- Snorkelling Specialist in Dubai
- Places to snorkel in Dubai
- Things to consider
- Do’s and Don’ts
Snorkelling is one of the best ways to explore the beautiful underwater universe of the marine ecosystem. You can get close to the colourful fish, the shy turtles and the other fascinating marine life while snorkelling in Dubai. If you plan to embark on an underwater adventure, check out a complete guide to snorkelling in Dubai.
Snorkelling in Dubai: A Swimmer’s Starter Pack
There are special types of equipment required to snorkel in Dubai.
- A snorkel (plastic tube to help you breathe underwater)
- A protective mask
- Diving fin (to wear on your feet to swim and navigate underwater)
- Wet suit (neoprene insulation suit worn for warmth and protection during watersports)
- A swim cap or bandana (a large handkerchief worn around the head or neck)
Snorkelling specialist in Dubai
There are quite a few specialists for snorkelling in Dubai.
Al Boom Diving
Al Boom Diving is one of the leading watersports specialists in Dubai. You can seek their assistance to explore the underwater world.
They operate three dive centres in the city including the one in the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. If you are planning to snorkel there, rest assured, they will take care of your safety, without compromising on your experience. They also offer watersports equipment in Dubai.
- Location: Al Wasl Road، Villa 254 – 33rd St
- Timings: 10:00 am – 08:00 pm, Fri-Sat: 08:00 am – 06:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-342-2993
Snorkelling spots in Dubai
There are some great places to snorkel in Dubai. From the Ambassador’s Lagoon, the most sought-after attraction in Atlantis The Palm to the quintessential beaches in Dubai, you can consider any of these wonderful spots to have a wonderful snorkelling experience.
The places mentioned below include all the information about snorkelling in Dubai prices as well as the experience they offer to the patrons.
Ambassador’s Lagoon in The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Located within The Lost Chambers Aquarium in Atlantis, Ambassador’s Lagoon is a perfect spot for snorkelling in Dubai. It is a stunning aquarium with 11-million-litre water capacity and 250 species of marine animals.
Discover 65,000 sea animals including beautiful stingrays, moon jellyfish, eagle rays, Arapaima, lobsters, moray eels and Whitetip reef sharks wandering in the sea. You can also explore the underwater mysteries and learn interesting facts about ocean life.
The price for snorkelling in Dubai at Atlantis ranges between AED 280 to AED 355.
- Location: Atlantis The Palm
- Timings: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-426-1040
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
With the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, you can snorkel amidst the largest collection of sea creatures! It consists of more than 33,000 aquatic animals, among which you can find the largest collection of sand tiger sharks. You can enjoy snorkelling in this 10-million-litre aquarium, in a purpose-built cage.
Get ready to watch over 70 species of marine animals moving freely as you snorkel in this spot. You can experience this underwater thrill for AED 370. You should be a minimum of eight years old to try cage snorkelling at the aquarium. Up to four people can snorkel simultaneously.
- Location: Level 2, The Dubai Mall
- Timings: 10:00 am – 12:00 am
- Contact: 800-382-246-255
Beaches in Dubai
Cool off in the summers by diving deep into the beaches in Dubai. Take in beautiful views of the sunset while snorkelling in Jumeirah Beach, Kite Beach or North Beach. You can also head on over to the JBR beach to enjoy the day in the sun or explore the underwater secrets at the perpetual hive of activity, La Mer Beach. In addition to these, you can also make your way down to Al Mamzar Beach to snorkel in Dubai as well as indulge in the lineup of other interesting activities.
Alternatively, you can visit Snoopy Island, the most popular aquatic destination in Fujairah located two hours away from Dubai.
Things to remember while snorkelling in Dubai
Here is a list of tips that you need to remember to avoid any mishap or injury.
- Choose a location that matches your level of experience
- Make sure you have the right gear
- Keep a floatation device for added safety
- Don’t forget to clean your mask with a defogging gel or baby shampoo
- Consider fins that have a soft, flexible foot pocket to eliminate the need for socks or boots
- Take deep breaths to keep yourself relaxed underwater
Do’s and Don’ts for Beginners
If you are snorkelling for the first time,
- Familiarise yourself with the equipment before going deep into the water
- Practise first in a swimming pool or a beach
- Don’t stand on rocks or interfere with sea creatures
- Avoid snorkelling during rough weather
- Choose a location where there are no potential risks or danger
- Don’t take your valuables with you underneath the water
- It’s better to accompany a friend, family member or a snorkelling pro
Dubai offers plenty of opportunities for thrill-seekers. If you want to embark on water-based adventures, there are many places offering watersports in Dubai.
From a high-speed tour on a jet ski to something more challenging like wakeboarding, Dubai ensures there is no dull moment for daredevils in the city.
What are your favourite watersports activities? Feel free to share your tales of adventure in the comments below.