Parenting is certainly a daunting task. It becomes even more demanding if you are responsible for a toddler or a teenager. Parents are routinely looking for places to take their kids to so they can pick up the life skills required in this global world. Today, MyBayut decided to ease their search with a roundup of the top 12 new places for kids in Dubai with a great selection of after school activities.
Best new places for kids in Dubai
While compiling a list of places, we thought you might already have a category in mind as you look for a place in Dubai to take your kid to. That got us thinking, and we divided our list of new places for kids in Dubai into five categories.
Unconventional after school activities for kids in Dubai
If your child is inclined towards academic pursuits and displays an interest in topics that seem above their years, you might have had some trouble finding interesting after school activities for kids in Dubai. Don’t worry, as our first category in this post includes three unconventional new places for kids in Dubai. You could take your kid for these unique after school activities so they can have fun as they learn and grow.
Fun Robotics Lessons for kids in Dubai
If you have a child who is particularly interested in science and building stuff, consider enrolling him or her in a workshop at Fun Robotics in Dubai. In addition to robotics, they have a number of courses about drones, coding, machines and more. Your children can even join their ongoing spring camp which will end on April 11, 2019, to learn how to program robots. This is easily one of the best after school activities for kids in Dubai.
- Location: New Safestway Shopping Centre Building on Sheikh Zayed Road
- Days & Timings: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm from April 7 till April 11, 2019, for their 3G Robotics class. The place itself remains open from 09:00 am to 07:00 pm on weekdays and till 06:00 pm every Saturday, if you want to enrol your kid in other courses.
- Age group: The 3G Robotics class is for kids over 10. Depending on the selected course, Fun Robotics itself targets kids over 7 and even above 15 years.
- Charges: One course for AED 1,050 and AED 1,600 for two courses.
- Contact: +971-4-338-8354
MK Fencing Academy
Introduce your child to the Olympic combat sport, fencing by enrolling them at MK Fencing Academy. The sport itself has evolved from historic swordsmanship for self-defence and duels. Fencing includes three modes: sabre, epee and foil. If the player targets his opponent’s upper body, he scores in sabre. To score in epee, he must target quarter body, and targeting any body part would land him a score in foil mode. Besides self-defence, this sport will develop your child’s tactile skills, agility, competitiveness, discipline, determination and patience.
- Location: Opposite Burj Al Arab on 20th street from Jumeirah Beach Road
- Days & Timings: 04:30 pm to 09:30 pm every Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday. 10 am to 12 pm and 04:30 pm to 08:00 pm on Fridays and 09:00 am to 12:00 pm and 06:30 pm to 08:30 pm every Saturday.
- Age group: 7 to 14-year-olds
- Charges: AED 200 for three group training sessions for newcomers (1-month validity)
- Contact: +971-50-794-4190
Authenticity Coaching & Consulting
Enrol your child in a tiger training group session at Authenticity Coaching & Consulting in Al Barsha. While the name sounds rather intimidating, it’s essentially a behavioural workshop that fosters leadership and defence skills against bullying. It also helps your child develop emotional intelligence to improve their social skills. This is one of the best new places for kids in Dubai where they can really build their confidence and learn the skills needed to excel in the 21st century.
- Location: Near Al Zarouni Business Centre on Sheikh Zayed Road in Al Barsha
- Days & Timings: 10 75-minute sessions per week customised for each group
- Age group: five to 16 years
- Charges: AED 1,900 per session
- Contact: +971-4-399-0008
Singing and Dancing classes for kids in Dubai
If your child loves to dance or sing, there’s no shortage of singing and dancing lessons in Dubai. From ballet to choreography and even theatre, Dubai has you covered. These are some of the best after school activities for kids in Dubai.
The Ballet Centre
If you have a daughter who fantasises becoming a ballerina, sign her up for ballet lessons at The Ballet Centre. This dance school in Dubai has two branches: One in Jumeirah, and the other in Motor City Dubai.
- Location: Jumeirah 1, Villa no. 64, 16 C Street
- Days & Timings: 09:00 am to 08:00 pm Sunday to Wednesday, and till 06:30 pm on Thursday. They also remain open on Friday from 09:30 am till 02:30 pm and on Saturday from 08:30 am till 06:00 pm.
- Age group: three and above
- Charges: AED 750 per session
- Contact: +971-4-344-9776
Sign up your child for choreography if singing is what gets him or her rolling. This top-notch performing arts school in Dubai for kids offers both dance and singing lessons. Their LAMDA singing course is a highly-recommended one and available slots get taken up fast, so you might have to book beforehand.
- Location: Off Sheikh Zayed Road, in The Curve Building on 4th
- Days & Timings: Saturday to Thursday from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm; Fridays off
- Age group: Kids over eight
- Charges: AED 100-150
- Contact: +971-4-330-7338
Hayley’s Comet Theatre School
If theatre is your child’s cup of tea, you might want to take him or her to Hayley’s Comet Theatre School. This is among the best new places for kids in Dubai that offers a variety of dancing and singing lessons. This children’s institute is located in Dubai Media City.
- Location: James & Alex Dance Studios, 813 and 814 Concord Tower, Dubai Media City
- Days & Timings: From 09:00 am to 10:00 pm every Saturday and 02:00 pm to 10:00 pm Sunday to Thursday; Fridays off
- Age group: six to 16-year-olds
- Charges: AED 80 to register, AED 980 per session for 1-hour lessons, and AED 1,680 per session for 2-hour classes
- Contact: +971-4-447-0773
Playdate places in Dubai
You can also take your child to a number of playdate places in Dubai. Playing with other children will help him or her to develop the social skills necessary for integrating well with those around them.
Help your child evolve his social skills by giving him the required exposure. Take him to Playdates Palm in Palm Jumeirah. This is one of the well-rated new places for kids in Dubai that has a number of fun playtime activities for your kids to engage in, including a jungle gym maze.
- Location: RT- 15, Building 5, Golden Mile 1, Palm Jumeirah
- Days & Timings: from 09:30 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 09:00 am to 10:00 pm on the weekend, 09:30 am to 10:00 pm on Sundays
- Age group: from 6 months to 3-year-olds
- Charges: AED 450 for the annual membership, AED 45 for the first hour of members
- Contact: +971-800-75293
Kidz Venture Kids Club and Daycare
You can also take your children to Kidz Venture daycare in Dubai. This place offers your child a play area and a separate corner for parents to meditate along with other parents. It also has a nursery for kids, which follows the EYFS curriculum. You will have to book in advance as it usually has limited seats.
- Location: The Walk, Dubai
- Days & Timings: 08:00 am to 06:00 pm Saturday to Thursday; Fridays off
- Age group: 3 to 8-year-olds
- Charges: AED 60 for the first hour and AED 40 for the second hour
- Contact: +971-4-453-4600
Sports and fitness places for kids in Dubai
If your child is a hyperactive one, you should consider enrolling him at a fitness school. This would give him or her a healthy outlet to invest their energy in. There are a number of sports and fitness places for kids in Dubai you could choose from.
It’s Just Football
Enrol your kid for football classes at this academy. They have expert coaches that are experienced enough to train your kid properly.
- Location: Football Field, 10th Street
- Days & Timings: Sunday to Thursday 3:45 pm
- Age group: four to 18-year-olds
- Charges: AED 1,050 for FA Level 1 in Futsal Award
- Contact: +971-55-909-4809
Surf School Arabia
If your child loves water, you could sign her up for surfing lessons in Surf School Arabia too. They offer stand up paddle boarding lessons too, which will offer an adventurous learning experience to your kid.
- Location: D94 Dubai
- Days & Timings: 9 am to 6 pm every day
- Age group: Above 5, should know basic swimming
- Charges: AED 125 for a group of two or more, AED 200 for private lessons
- Contact: +971-55-601-0997
In addition to these, there are also a number of martial arts classes in Dubai where you can enrol children.
Arts and Crafts for kids in Dubai
As you can tell, there are a lot of new places for kids in Dubai. If you have a creative child who loves to create things from scratch, you could take him or her to these places teaching arts and crafts for kids in Dubai.
Lotus Educational Institute
Introduce your kid to art therapy by enrolling him or her at the Lotus Educational Institute. This place offers drawing and painting classes for kids. Children are given practice art exercises to improve their creative skills.
- Location: Office G01, Block no. 12, Dubai Knowledge Park
- Days & Timings: Saturday and Sunday from 04:00 pm to 06:00 pm
- Age group: six to 12-year-olds
- Charges: AED 1,196 per session
- Contact: +971-4-391-1718
Yadawei Ceramic Studio
“Yadawei” is Arabic that literally translates into “handmade.” This is an art studio in Dubai that offers pottery and ceramic art classes. Your children can hone and explore their pottery skills if you sign them up for lessons at Yadawei.
- Location: Warehouse 30, 8-Ath Street, Al Quoz 1
- Days & Timings: 10:00 am to 09:00 pm Monday to Wednesday, and till 06:00 pm from Thursday to Saturday; Fridays closed
- Age group: seven and above
- Charges: AED 800+VAT per person
- Contact: +971-4-379-1312
To sum things up, you can let your child enjoy a range of fun learning activities at these new places for kids in Dubai. Alternatively, you could also look at the best places for teenagers in Dubai. To keep reading more interesting activities for kids, stay tuned to the best property blog in the UAE.