Standing at an altitude of almost 2,000 meters, the Jebel Jais Mountain in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is the tallest peak in the UAE. This rocky mountain is a popular weekend destination for residents and has many activities for adventure seekers to indulge in. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or just looking for some outdoor fun, a day at Jebel Jais Ras Al Khaimah is exactly what you need to break the dull routine of everyday life!
ABOUT JEBEL JAIS MOUNTAIN, RAS AL KHAIMAH
Jebel Jais provides the perfect setting for outdoor thrills, with its deep canyons, barren cliffs, eroded landscapes and steep slopes. The mountain and the various activities it offers ensure visitors get memorable experiences!
ACTIVITIES IN JEBEL JAIS
Visiting Jebel Jais is one of the most popular things to do in RAK, especially when there is a long weekend coming up. If you plan to visit the mountain anytime soon, here is a list of activities the mountain offers.
JAIS FLIGHT – ZIPLINING ACROSS THE JEBEL JAIS VALLEYS
Ziplining across the canyons of this marvellous mountain is by far one of the best activities in Jebel Jais. Fly across the hills at a speed of up to 150 km per hour over a distance of 2.8 km, equivalent to 28 football pitches!
The Jebel Jais zipline, or Jebel Jais Flight as it is officially known, has been certified by Guinness World Records as the world’s longest zip line. It is a quintessential activity if you are an adrenaline junkie looking for a thrilling adventure!
Pro Tip: You can avail yourself of Jebel Jais zipline offers and price discounts during Eid and the summertime, so keep an eye out for them.
- Jais Flight Price: From AED 450
- Timings: 09:30 am – 04:00 pm
You can also avail of the World’s Longest Zipline Gift Certificates offering free rides. Visit the official website of Jebel Jais to find out about the different types of certificates and their prices.
TAKE A JAIS SKY TOUR
The Jais Zipline Sky Tour offers not only serene views of the Hajar Mountains — one of the most iconic mountains in the UAE — but also a thrilling adventure. The new attraction at Jebel Jais takes the zipline experience up a notch. The Jais Zipline Sky Tour can reach up to the speed of 60 km per hour, taking you to the UAE’s highest bridge located 1,250 metres above sea level.
For all shutterbugs out there, the Jais Zipline Sky Tour will provide you with the most attractive photos for your social media.
- Jais Zipline Sky Tour Price: AED 350 per person (Price may vary depending on the season)
- Timings: 9:30 am | 11:30 am | 03:00 pm
- Toroverde Contact: +971-50-265-6224
BEAR GRYLLS EXPLORER CAMP
The Bear Grylls Explorers Camp in Ras Al Khaimah is a unique survival experience designed by the man himself. This new tourist destination in Jebel Jais has several attractions for adventure buffs.
The camp is home to the Bear Grylls Survival Academy UAE. This is where budding survivalists can hone their skills by participating in various courses. There are camps where guests can stay and be a part of hiking and other adventures.
- Price: Starting from AED 450 per adult and AED 325 per kid
EXPLORE JEBEL JAIS VIA FERRATA
The next option on our list of things to do in Jebel Jais is for those who want to try something different. At the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata, you get to trek along a 1 km long purpose-built climbing course that involves a combination of walking, climbing and ziplining.
The entire experience lasts for about four hours, where qualified guides accompany you throughout the course. Just remember to come dressed in the proper attire. Casual shoes such as Vans or Converse are not acceptable; only sturdy trainers or running shoes with good grip are allowed.
Participants should be more than 12 years of age with a weight that does not exceed 130 kilos.
Get your adrenaline pumping in the obstacle maze at the country’s tallest mountain. At Bear Grylls Explorers Camp, the ropes course is a popular thrilling activity that is suitable for adventurers of all ages. Manoeuvre through numerous obstacles, such as rope swings, unstable bridges and swinging…10 metres above the ground. Visit the Jebel Jais website for booking information.
How about an awesome mountain climb on the UAE’s highest peak with breathtaking views guaranteed? Among the 80 km of groomed mountain trails, the mountain experts of Bear Grylls Explorers Camp have picked the best routes for hiking. The camp’s programmes will teach you to be on your own in the mountains. Note that Jebel Jais is also one of the easiest hiking trails in the UAE. So its a great option for first-time adventurists too.
SPECTACULAR VIEWS FROM THE VIEWING DECK PARK
Formed over 70 million years ago, the Jebel Jais mountain in RAK features the most scenic views in the region. The views of the winding road through the deep rocky canyon of the mountain are truly breathtaking and unique. The Jebal Jais Viewing Deck Park allows you to experience the magic and take splendid surroundings shots.
There are seven viewing decks with 12 binoculars that visitors can use to view the stunning valleys from an impressive height of 1,250 meters above sea level.
After you’re done admiring the beauty of the mountain, you can grab some refreshments from the food trucks and fuel up for some more fun. This park is lit by solar energy and features all necessary facilities, including restrooms and dedicated parking spaces.
- Timings: 08:00 am to 08:00 pm | Weekends 08:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Price: From AED 5 for entry excluding parking tariff
Jais Sledder is the latest attraction at Jebel Jais that’s become a new crowd favourite. This adrenaline-pumping toboggan ride is the longest in the region at 1,840 metres.
The slow-slung track reaches up to 40 kilometres per hour as it hurls and swerves down the Hajar Mountain. The thrill of going through the hairpin curves while enjoying the breathtaking views of the valley is undoubtedly an experience you can’t miss!
- Timings: 09:00 am to 05:30 pm
- Adult Ticket: AED 40 (Single Ride) | AED 90 (Three Rides)
- Adult+Child Ticket: AED 60 (Single Ride) | AED 125 (Three Rides)
BARBECUE AND CAMPING
Jebel Jais is considered among the best camping spots in the UAE. Several areas along the mountain route are great for pitching a tent and setting up a barbecue. Many campers stay the night to catch a glimpse of the rising sun over the rocky mountain.
If you plan on going camping, make sure to carry enough blankets and sweaters to keep you warm. Your list of necessaries can also include enough coal and firewood to light a bonfire. Remember to make bonfires in fire pits and barbecues on a grill.
THE JAIS ADVENTURE PEAK
Jais Adventure Peak is a one-of-a-kind adventure park located on Jebel Jais Ras Al Khaimah. This park has a suspended obstacle course and more ziplines for you to enjoy.
The Jais Sky Maze is suspended 10 metres above the ground creating an obstacle course with wobbly bridges, rope swings and swinging loops. Jais Sky Tour, on the other hand, is a network of seven ziplines and nine platforms that give you an aerial tour of the mountain.
- Timings: Refer to Jebel Jais Official Website for more info
UPCOMING ATTRACTIONS IN JEBEL JAIS
Want to boost your fun quotient? Jebel Jais is bringing you a ton of new attractions within the next few months. Here is a list of the most popular of them.
Another upcoming attraction at Jebel Jais is the Jais Swing. This double swing is not for the faint-hearted! Once open, the attraction will offer unparalleled views of the wadis below.
Jebel Jais will soon introduce paragliding in the majestic mountains with Jais Wings. We can’t wait!
In 2022, Jebel Jais will be home to a new pop-up hotel Earth Altitude, with 15 eco-friendly accommodations. The stunning hotel will feature a swimming pool as well.
CLOUD7 CAMP JEBEL JAIS
Cloud7 Camp Jebel Jais will be an addition to the glamping spots in RAK. It will boast 30 units and other amenities. The camp is expected to open in 2022.
Basecamp Jais will offer an affordable option to stay at Jebel Jais. Aside from budget-friendly accommodation, Basecamp Jais will also feature a leisure hub with several activities, including Emirati live cooking stations, yoga and more.
Jais Yard will be the food and entertainment hub at the Hajar Mountains. This is where visitors can indulge in a culinary feast with vintage food trucks. Jais Yard will be home to an open-air cinema and a dedicated play area for kids as well.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Jebel Jais
- The drive from Dubai to the Jebel Jais mountain in RAK takes approximately two hours. So, make sure to fuel up and carry snacks for the road.
- The mountain attracts many visitors during holidays such as Eid and UAE National Day. If you want to skip the crowd, try visiting the mountain during off-peak hours.
- The Jebel Jais weather is 10 degrees colder than normal ground temperature. It gets significantly cold while driving up to the mountain, especially in the evenings during the winter months. So make sure to carry something to keep yourself warm.
- The weather during the day is pleasant, with the sun’s warmth shining through. Carrying a light sweater is advised in case of sudden cold winds.
- There is no entry fee for visiting the mountain. However, you need to pay for all the activities available at this adventure zone.
- Closed shoes/sports shoes are ideal for visiting Jais Mountain in RAK. They are also pre-requisites if you are trekking or on the zip line.
- Facilities such as parking spots, restaurants and washrooms are present at the viewing deck, zip line and Via Ferrata.
- If you plan to barbecue or go camping at Jebal Jais, make sure to carry all the necessary equipment like coal and lighter fluid as you won’t find supermarkets there.
- Toro Verde Ras Al Khaimah is the company that manages the zip line, Via Ferrata and the ice rink. If you have booked any of their attractions in Jebel Al Jais, head to their dedicated parking lot 30 minutes before your session. From there, shuttle buses will take you to the correct location.
- All the activities mentioned can be booked online via the official Jebel Jais website. You can also find more information on each of the attractions here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE JEBEL JAIS LOCATION?
The Jebel Jais peak is located in the Hajar Mountains towards the northern side of Ras Al Khaimah.
To reach the Jebel Jais location, you can use this address: W4VR+FX Ras Al-Khaimah, Ras al Khaimah – United Arab Emirates.
HOW TO GET FROM DUBAI TO JEBEL JAIS?
The best way to get from Dubai to Jebal Jais is by car. It’s approximately a two-hour drive via Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311) from Al Khail Road (D83).
WHAT IS THE JEBEL JAIS CONTACT NUMBER?
Should you have any queries, you can contact authorities at Jebel Jais at +971-4-815-7333
And that wraps up our guide on Jebal Jais Ras Al Khaimah! What’s your favourite activity on this list? Let us know in the comments below.
The Fujairah Adventure Park is another excellent place for outdoor activities — combining mountain adventures, street fun and water activities.