Planning to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia anytime soon? We bring you a comprehensive guide on how to apply for a Saudi visa from Dubai.
How to apply for a Saudi visa from Dubai
The procedure required for the UAE passport holders is different from the process for expats interested in applying for a tourist visa to Saudi Arabia from Dubai. Read on to know how to apply for KSA visa from Dubai:
For UAE passport holders
UAE citizens are not required to apply for a business or visit visa. However, they need to apply for a Hajj or Umrah visa/permit if they are visiting KSA for religious purposes.
Procedure to apply for Hajj or Saudi visa for Umrah from Dubai
To initiate the process to apply for a Saudi visa from Dubai, you need to reach out to a Hajj/Umrah tour operator who will apply for a visa on your behalf.
The UAE’s General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments (Awqaf) can help you find licensed operators. While you can apply for Umrah visa anytime, the quota for Hajj pilgrims is limited, so make sure to book in advance.
- Submit the following documents to your tour operator:
- Original UAE passport with a minimum validity of six months
- A recent, passport photo, with a white background
- Copy of the Emirates ID
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer on business letterhead, addressed to “The Consulate of Saudi Arabia
- Certificate of basic vaccinations issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days before entering Saudi Arabia
- A completed Saudi Visa application form with the particulars of mahram, for women less than 45 years of age. A woman above 45 can travel with an organised group without a Mahram, provided she has a NOC from her Mahram (in case of Hajj)
- Pay the cost of the package
- Wait for visa approval
What is the cost of Hajj and Umrah packages for UAE nationals?
The cost of the Hajj and Umrah package depends on the grade of accommodation, services, mode of transportation, airline class and proximity to the Holy Mosque.
For how long will the Saudi Umrah or Hajj visa stay valid?
The Saudi Umrah Visa is valid for 30 days. However, the Hajj visa is valid until the 15th day of the month of Muharram.
When are Hajj visas issued?
Hajj visas are issued from the mid of Shawwal until 25th day of the month of Dhu Al Qadah, also spelt as Dhu al-Qi’dah or Zu al-Qa’dah.
Things to remember
- Dubai residents can enter Saudi Arabia by road as a group travelling with the tour operator
- It is the tour operator’s responsibility to book flight tickets and provide accommodation in the residence licensed by the Ministry of Haj and the Civil Defence in KSA for the pilgrims
- The NOC letter must contain different particulars based on the nature of the job:
In the case of employees:
- Applicant’s name, passport number, employment status, applicant’s monthly salary and the duration of employment
- An official statement that a leave of absence has been granted by the company
In the case of business owners:
- A valid Trade License Copy
In the case of pupils and students:
- Proof of enrollment in school or university
In the case of minors under the age of 18:
- Consent of both parents/legal guardians, either through an official authorisation letter or notarized certificate in front of the visa officer.
- Transcript of both parents’ passports
If sponsored by spouse/parents:
- A passport and UAE Visa copy of the sponsor
- A copy of birth/ marriage certificate
E-visa and Visa on arrival facility for some expats on Saudi visa from Dubai
You can apply for tourist e-visa if you have the passport of any of these 49 countries:
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- China (Including Hong Kong and Macau)
- South Korea
- New Zealand
Process to apply for e-visa from Dubai
- Create an account on the Saudi Arabia eVisa portal
- Select your nationality and the type of passport
- Enter your credentials
- Submit fee
How much will e-Visa cost?
The E-visa to Saudi costs SAR 440 (AED 431), plus SAR 100 (AED 98) VAT.
How long will it take to issue the e-Visa?
Although it may vary on a case-to-case basis, the e-visa is usually issued within five to 30 minutes in most cases.
Things to remember
While applying for a visa, know that:
- You should be minimum of 18 years old
- Underage applicants must be accompanied by a guardian above 18 years old
- You must have a passport which is valid for six months
- Visa fee is non-refundable
- You need to pay AED 100 per day if you have overstayed after the visa expires
Alternatively, you can also download the Saudi Tourism app from Google Play or the Apple Store to apply for an e-visa.
Through VFS or Saudi Consulate
If you don’t hold a passport of any of the above-mentioned 49 countries, you can get your visa by physically going to the Saudi Consulate or Visa Facilitation Services Global (VFS).
Process to apply for a visa through VFS or Saudi Consulate or Embassy
- Submit documents
Although documents may vary depending upon your country; the basic documents include:
- A passport which is valid for six months
- Emirates ID
- Proof of UAE residency visa
- Proof of accommodation in KSA (the hotel address)
- Return flight ticket
- No objection letter (HR letter including Job title and purpose).
- Bank statements (for the last 6 months)
- Travel plan during your stay in KSA
- Pay fee
- Wait for visa approval
How much will a visa cost?
A tourist visa for expats holding passports of other countries will cost AED 888. The visa will include service fee, medical insurance and more. Please not that you will have to pay this amount in cash.
How long will it take to get a visa?
It will take around two working days.
Does your religion matter while applying for KSA visa from Dubai for tourists?
No, you can be of any religion to visit Saudi Arabia. However, non-muslims are not allowed to enter the holy places in the country.
Are visa eligibility pre-checks conducted by airlines?
Yes, all airlines check whether the necessary requirements are met by passengers before boarding the flight to the country.
Can expats living in the UAE avail of other types of Saudi Arabia visas from Dubai?
In addition to tourist visas, UAE expats can also apply for other types of visas including business visas, diplomatic visas and more.
Are there any free Haj trips for UAE nationals?
Many organisations such as The Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation
and Abu Dhabi Rehabilitation Centre organise free Haj trips for UAE nationals.
Who should Dubai expats contact to ask queries pertaining to Saudi visa?
You can fill out the contact form available on the VFS Tasheel website or reach out to the Saudi Arabia Consulate in Dubai. It is located in Hamriyah, Al Seef Road, Bur Dubai.
Where is the Saudi embassy located in the UAE?
The embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is located in the capital of the UAE, Abu Dhabi. You can find it in Al Karama Street, Embassies District.
And that brings an end to the process of applying for a Saudi visa from Dubai. Being in a central location, residents of Dubai can enjoy access to many leading travel and business destinations. If you are interested in travelling to one of the European countries, you can also easily apply for Schengen visa from Dubai.
Have a desire to visit the popular Leaning Tower of Pisa or Lake Como in Italy? Apply for an Italy visa in Dubai and visit all your favourite attractions!