Choosing the right school for your kids is one of the most important decisions one can take. From British schools to Filipino educational institutes, there are many learning centres in Dubai where parents can send their children for a well-rounded education. It’s quite common for expat families to send their children to schools which follow a curriculum similar to the one in their home countries. Filipino schools in Dubai cater to Filipino expats as well as kids from the other nationalities.
Filipino Schools in Dubai
Here is a list of Philippine schools in Dubai that develop a strong foundation for your child.
The Philippine School
The Philippine School is one of the top educational institutions that offers a state-of-the-art education in Dubai. The school is accredited by the Department of the Education of the Philippines and offers admission from KG1 to Grade 12.
The Filipino school has well-equipped classrooms, guidance centre, basketball court, clinic and a resource room. For students pursuing science, there are specific laboratories at the school. There is also a music room at the school, facilitating students who are interested in the fundamentals of music from an early age.
Similar to other schools in Dubai, the admission process at this learning institute depends on the submission of specific documents which include:
- Three recent photos
- A transcript of Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Card or Health Records of the student
- Latest Report Card (For Grades 2-12)
- Transcript of Records authenticated by the Department of Education, Department of Foreign Affairs, and UAE Embassy in Manila (For transferees)
- A photocopy of Passport with valid UAE residence visa (student and sponsor)
- Enrollment Card and Student’s Information Sheet
- Bus Form
The school also accommodates students with special needs. Moreover, it updates parents about the schedule and results via SMS.
- Location: Al Rashidiya
- Average Tuition Fee: AED 5,956 – AED 15,065
- Timings: 08:00 am – 03:00 pm, Sat: 08:00 am – 01:00 pm, Fri: closed
- Contact: +971-4-284-4465
United International Private School
Located in Muhaisnah, United Internationa Private School is a well-known Filipino school in Dubai. The school offers admission from kindergarten to grade 12 if the student meets certain age requirements. A four-year-old child is eligible for kindergarten one while a kid exceeding the age of seven years can’t apply for grade 1.
The school offers a transportation facility so whether you are living in Deira or Downtown Dubai, the van will pick your child from home and drop them to school without causing you any inconvenience.
The admission procedure depends upon the holistic assessment of the child. Your child will be evaluated based on the academic record, admission results and interview.
Once your child meets the eligibility criteria and qualifies for the admission, you can submit the relevant documents to proceed with the application process. The documents required by the school at the time of admission are similar to those stated for The Philippine School.
- Location: Al Qusais, Muhaisnah 4, Dubai
- Average Tuition Fee: AED 5164 – AED 11,346
- Timings: 07:20 am – 02:30 pm
- Contact: +971-4-254-3888
Filipino Nurseries in Dubai
Give your children’s education a bright start by enrolling them to one of the best Philippine nursery schools in Dubai.
De La Salle Montessori Nursery
Established in 1999, De La Salle Montessori Nursery has been offering quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. The nursery focuses on imparting practical, sensorial, cultural, language and mathematical knowledge to your child. To increase the kids’ awareness about the world, the nursery also offers environmental and cultural education.
The registration requirements at De La Nursery include:
- Six ID size photos
- A photocopy of a child’s birth certificate, child’s and parent’s passports
- A transcript of the child’s Emirates ID
- An original Medical Certificate from any licensed doctor
- A copy of Immunisation/Vaccination Record
- A copy of the Health Insurance Card
- Duly completed and signed Pupil Registration Form
- One-time fee (non-refundable)
- PDC’s (for trimester payments)
The nursey ensures quality education to kids.
- Location: Villa 48, St. 28C, Al Mankhool Close to ADCB Metro Station
- Timings: 08:00 am – 05:30 pm, Fri: closed, Sat: 08:00 am – 02:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-398-6218
Other Filipino Educational Institutes in Dubai
Philippine Business School
The Philippine Business School is a top Filipino institute in Dubai. It offers different diploma programs and workshops that can help your child become a successful entrepreneur in the future. The courses range from accounting and marketing to stock and finance master class.
The business school also offers online courses and classes as well that can helps older students learn in the comfort of their home.
- Location: Aspin Commercial Tower – 6th Floor, Unit 602F – Sheikh Zayed Rd
- Timings: 10:00 am – 08:00 pm, Sun: closed
- Contact: +971-4-286-4283
Similar to Filipino schools in Dubai, there are many other curriculum-specific institutions that offer world-class education in the city. Accredited by the KHDA, the top American schools in Dubai are also there to help your child get a well-rounded education in Dubai.
Have you decided which school would you enrol your child in? Tell us which school you think would suit the most for your child in the comments section.