Education certificate attestation in Dubai is one of the prerequisites if you want to apply for a job or hope to get an admission in a recognised university for higher education. The process proves that your degrees and certificates are legal and genuine.
While the act of documents attestation sounds simple, it can be a bit tricky especially if you are an expat. In fact, education certificate attestation in Dubai can turn quite challenging ordeal when there is a stringent deadline.
Most people relocating to the city are required to get their degree certificates attested in Dubai to apply for a job in the emirate. Having properly attested documents is one of the essential UAE job requirements. You would also need to submit attested documents along with your application for higher education. Therefore, it is advisable to learn the procedure for attestation of educational certificates in Dubai.
Once you know the process, it is easy to follow it by the book and get things done.
Education certificate attestation in Dubai
This blog presents the complete procedure for attestation of educational certificates in Dubai. Even if you don’t need this information right now, it might be useful in the near future.
The process of getting an Education Certificate Attestation in Dubai
Certificates issued from UAE based institutes
The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation provides attestation services for certificates issued from UAE based institutes for locals as well as expats.
Customer Happiness Centers located all over UAE offer these services to residents. Besides educational documents, one can get their medical, marriage, divorce, contract and power of attorney documents attested.
In the recent past, the process to get your educational certificates attested in Dubai has been simplified. You can log in to the official MoFAIC website and register as an individual or a company. The process is self-explanatory.
Once logged in, you can start an application for attestation. Another form will appear asking for relevant details about your application. Fill the form, upload a scanned file of the document to be attested and select the body for attestation. For educational documents, the body generally is the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Internal Cooperation. However, in some specific cases, the body might be different.
Before submitting the application, review your application thoroughly. This would be your last chance to check for any errors, as once submitted you cannot make any changes in the application. Therefore, take a few minutes and ensure that all the information put in is entirely accurate.
The Customer Happiness Centre reviews your application. In case all conditions are met, your educational certificates would be attested. Subsequently, you will be asked to pay the fee and collect the documents from the centre. The fee can be paid online. Log in MoFAIC website, select ‘My task’ and make the payment. The fee amount depends on the type of document and attestation body.
The last step is to take the original document to the Customer Happiness Centre and get it attested. You can do it in person or send it with an authorised person.
Educational Certificates from Foreign Institutes
You should get your certificates attested ideally before you arrive in Dubai. However, if that time has passed, there are two ways to get the educational documents attested in Dubai. Either you can give it to an agency in UAE and they will do the work for you or you can go through the process yourself. Agencies do charge for their services, however, you are saved from the hassle and the chances of mistakes are lesser.
In case you decide to get the attestation done yourself, follow these steps:
- Take the original and a copy of the document to the relevant authority of the country from which the degree was issued. For example, if you have a degree issued from the UK, you will have to go to the British Council Dubai located on Tariq Bin Ziyad Street in Bur Dubai. Whereas for the degrees issued from USA institutes, you can contact the institute directly as most of them offer notary services. The relevant authority confirms the authenticity of the certificate in approximately two weeks.
- Once you have stamp and signature from the British Council Dubai, the next step is to courier the attested document to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in Milton Keynes UK. In the US, the US Department of State Authentications office looks after the attestation process, so the document has to be sent to their address.
- The third step is to send the document to the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in London or Washington DC.
- The final step is to take the signed and sealed document to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Dubai. If everything is cleared, you will get your attested document from the Ministry.
* For other countries, the step one and two will be different. Most countries have dedicated departments for attestation. Local authorities or institutes assist citizens to get their documents attested. If you are looking to get your certificates from India or Pakistan in the UAE, the best course of action would be to send the certificates to the relavant bodies in the respective countries and then get it attested by MOFA. Alternatively, there are plenty of agencies for degree certificate attestation in Dubai.
Where are the Customer Happiness Centres located in Dubai?
There are four Customer Happiness Centres where you can get your education certificates attested in Dubai.
- MoFAIC branch office, 12 Baniyas Road, Dubai
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Baniyas Road, Deira Dubai
- Al Tawar Center, Al Nahda Road, Al Tawar Centre, Dubai
- Al Manara Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Safa 2, Dubai
What are the timings of the Customer Happiness Centres in Dubai?
All Customer Happiness Centres are open from 08:00 am to 03:00 pm from Sunday to Thursday. Moreover, the MoFAIC Branch Office is also open on Saturday from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.
How can I contact Customer Happiness Centres in Dubai?
You can call them on 80044444.
This completes our blog on how to get your education certificates attested in Dubai. The process is a lot more straightforward now as most of the work happens online. This is in line with the drive of the UAE government to make resident-friendly changes to governmental services.
If we look at initiatives such as Amer Centres, Smart Police Stations and visa medical centres, everything has been streamlined and a lot of services are now offered online. Similarly, you can apply for the Dubai Police Clearance Certificate on their website too.
Moreover, the opening of Service 1 Centres in Dubai has further reduced the burden on the residents when it comes to availing governmental services. The idea is to make the government more resident-friendly, so people don’t have to waste their time in dotting the Is and crossing the Ts.
Make sure to subscribe to MyBayut so you don’t miss out on any updates and changes in the UAE laws.