All modes of public transport in the city, including RTA buses, taxis and the Dubai Metro have revised their operational hours after the government has allowed allowing movement in Dubai from 06:00 am to 11:00 pm. For all those communicating to work on a daily basis, here are the updated timings for all public transport in Dubai.
RTA GUIDELINES ON USE OF DUBAI PUBLIC TRANSPORTS FOR CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION
To help limit the spread of the virus, RTA Dubai has issued detailed instructions for public transport users. These instructions are to be followed at all times until further notice.
- When using public transport in Dubai, people must wear a mask for their safety. Gloves are optional.
- No more than two (2) passengers at a time can travel in a taxi.
- RTA buses are instructed to limit the number of passengers and maintain a safe distance between them. The same follows for the Dubai Metro.
- The drivers will control the doors of the buses, with the ones on the rear end remaining closed throughout.
In addition to this, the RTA has also changed the timings for public transport in Dubai during this time. These Dubai public transport timings would be re-implemented once restrictions begin to ease across the city. Here are the updated timings for all RTA services in Dubai.
UPDATED TIMINGS FOR RTA BUSES, METRO, TRAM AND MORE
RTA TAXI TIMINGS
Taxis in Dubai will be operational from 06:00 am to 00:00 (midnight) with the usual fare for all trips. Passengers must wear masks and sit in the back seat.
Post 11:00 pm a limited number of taxis will be available for emergencies. Ride-hailing apps like Careem and Uber should be used to book a taxi during this time.
DUBAI METRO TIMINGS
During the Dubai sterilisation program, the operational hours for the Dubai Metro will be as follows:
- Saturday to Thursday from 07:00 am to 00:00 (midnight)
- Friday – 10:00 am to 00:00 (midnight).
The last journey on the Red Line from Rashidiya Station to the UAE Exchange Station will start at 10:54 pm, and the last journey from the UAE Exchange to Rashidiya Station will start at 10:53 pm.
The last journey on the Green Line will start from the Creek Station to Etisalat Station at 11:21 pm, and the last journey from Etisalat Metro Station to the Creek Station will start at 11:20 pm.
RTA BUS TIMINGS
142 routes RTA buses in Dubai will be fully operational every day from starting from 06:00 am to 11:00 pm. Intercity Buses are still suspended by the government until further notice
After 11:00 pm bus services will be limited for trips for medical emergencies. Here is a list of the Highly Critical Bus Routes which will be operational during the sterilisation program which is running from 08:00 pm – 06:00 am.
- 8: Gold Souq Bus Station 13, Ibn Battuta Metro Station 7
- 10: Al Quoz, Bus Station 6, Gold Souq Bus Station 1
- 12: Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, Al Quoz, Bus Station 3
- 13A: Gold Souq Bus Station 11, Qusais, Bus Station 7
- 17: Muhaisnah 4, Wasl Oasis II, Sabkha, Bus Station 2
- 24: Al Nahda, The Sheffield Private School 1, International City, Greece K12 Terminus 2
- C01: Airport Terminal 3, Satwa, Bus Station 5
- C07: Abu Hail Metro Station 2, Union Metro Station C 2, Wafi Residences
- F18: Oud Metha Metro Station Terminus
- F21: Al Nahda Metro Station 2
- F34: Dubai Internet City Metro Station to Dubai Production City
- F43: Ibn Battuta Metro Station 6
- X23: Gold Souq Bus Station 12, International City, Greece K12 Terminus 1
DUBAI TRAM TIMINGS
The timings for the Dubai Tram will be 07:00 am to 00:00 (midnight) from Saturday to Thursday, and 10:00 am to 00:00 (midnight) on Friday.
MARINE TRANSPORT OPERATION TIMINGS
Marine services in Dubai like the ones at the Dubai Water Canal and the Dubai Ferry service between Al Ghubaiba Station and Sharjah Aquarium Station, and other recreational marine services are suspended until further notice.
All other forms of marine transport across Dubai will resume its daily operations from 07:00 am to 10:00 pm
Services such as U-drive, Ekar and Careem Bike will be available from 06:00 am to 11:00 pm.
RTA CUSTOMER HAPPINESS CENTRES
RTA’S Customers happiness centres in Umm Ramool, Deira, and Barsha and 21 out of 27 service providers centres will be open for customers from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm.
PAID PARKING TIMINGS IN DUBAI
The regular tariff will apply to paid parking zones in Dubai from 08:00 am to 10:00 pm.
That wraps it up. With the safety precautions and social distancing rules, only a limited number of passengers will be allowed on each commute. So, make sure you plan your days accordingly by giving yourself a 30-minute head-start before the trip. Wearing a face mask is also mandatory. Passengers can expect to face hefty fines for violating the COVID-19 precautionary measures set by the government.
For the most part, restrictions have eased across the emirate. However, it’s important for us to maintain the safety standards set by the authorities and practice social distancing. Also, if you’re home and you or someone around you shows flu-like symptoms, it pays to be prepared. Know when and how to get tested for coronavirus – you can help save lives.