- Buying Property in Dubai Marina vs Downtown Dubai
- Renting Property in Downtown Dubai vs Dubai Marina
- Living in Dubai Marina vs Living in Downtown Dubai
- What to Expect?
Dubai Marina and Downtown Dubai are two popular residential neighbourhoods in Dubai, offering an exciting variety of properties with state-of-the-art amenities. If you are still unsure about investing or renting in Dubai Marina vs Downtown Dubai, here’s an in-depth comparison.
We will look at these trendy communities’ properties, amenities and lifestyles. Also, you can learn more about the average sales and rental prices of properties, expected ROI and the choice of bed types in these two areas.
Dubai Marina or Downtown Dubai: Where Should You Buy Property?
As stated earlier, Dubai Marina and Downtown Dubai draw significant attention from buyers and investors. Downtown Dubai is the flagship development of Emaar Properties, the name behind popular master developments such as The Lakes, The Meadows, The Springs and Arabian Ranches. Dubai Marina also is predominantly developed by Emaar, but there are residential towers by other well-known developers.
When comparing Dubai Marina vs Downtown Dubai, the location of both areas is considered ideal. These neighbourhoods are situated off Sheikh Zayed Road, a key highway. Properties in Dubai Marina are close to Jebel Ali, while properties in Downtown Dubai are closer to Jumeirah.
Buying Apartments in Dubai Marina vs Downtown Dubai
Downtown Dubai and Dubai Marina have an extensive portfolio of apartments for sale, including ready and off-plan units. Those looking at apartments for sale in Downtown Dubai will be spoilt for choice, with apartments ranging from studios to 4-bedroom units. You would also find luxury penthouses and duplexes here.
- 2 BEDS
- 2 BATHS
- 1408 SQFT
The sheer number of apartments means a variety of architectural styles and floor plans in Downtown Dubai. These flats have stunning views of the city’s skyline and the Dubai Canal.
Similarly, Dubai Marina is home to more than 200 residential towers. Dubai Marina apartments for sale include studios to 4-bedroom flats, upscale penthouses and duplexes. Buyers can check out the detailed apartment floor plans in Dubai Marina, which have views of the artificial marina, the Arabian Gulf and the skyline.
- 1 BED
- 2 BATHS
- 1184 SQFT
When comparing apartments in Dubai Marina vs Downtown Dubai, both communities offer units of similar sizes, with 1-bedroom apartments ranging between 570 sq. ft to 1,200 sq. ft. However, Downtown Dubai flats tend to have larger layouts, although this largely depends on the building.
- Buying studio apartments in Downtown Dubai costs AED 1.19M.
- 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom flats have average sales prices of AED 1.7M and AED 3.3M, respectively.
- On average, a 3-bedroom apartment for sale in Downtown Dubai costs AED 5.2M.
If you prefer enjoying scenic views of the marina, here’s an overview of the sales trends in Dubai Marina.
- The average price to buy studios in Dubai Marina stands at AED 803k.
- 1-bedroom flats for sale in Dubai Marina average at AED 1.2M.
- 2-bedroom flats average at AED 2M.
- A 3-bedroom flat for sale in Dubai Marina goes for AED 3.3M on average.
Buying Villas in Downtown Dubai vs Dubai Marina
Both communities have a limited, exclusive collection of podium villas for those who want larger homes. You can find villas for sale in Dubai Marina, including 3 to 5-bedroom units.
- The sales prices for Dubai Marina villas average at AED 4.9M for 3-bedroom homes and AED 10M for 4-bedroom villas.
Downtown Dubai vs Dubai Marina: Where Should You Rent Property?
These two neighbourhoods also rank amongst the top areas to rent apartments in Dubai. Tenants prefer the areas due to their proximity to amenities and attractions, ideal location and upscale lifestyle. If you are wondering, ‘should I live in Dubai Marina or Downtown Dubai,’ here’s a comparison of the trending rental prices.
Renting apartments in Dubai Marina vs Downtown Dubai
Prospective tenants can expect a similar choice of apartments in Downtown and Dubai Marina, ranging from compact and cosy studio flats to 4-bedroom apartments and penthouses.
Like apartments for sale, rental units in Downtown Dubai also have a higher average price than similar flats in Dubai Marina.
- On average, studios for rent in Downtown Dubai are available for AED 89k.
- For 1-bedroom apartments, the asking rent goes up to AED 111k.
- AED 216k and AED 317k are the average rents for 2 and 3-bed flats, respectively.
- 2 BEDS
- 3 BATHS
- 1411 SQFT
- 1 BED
- 2 BATHS
- 1045 SQFT
- 1 BATH
- 653 SQFT
- 1 BED
- 1 BATH
- 707 SQFT
- 3 BEDS
- 5 BATHS
- 2217 SQFT
- 2 BEDS
- 3 BATHS
- 1559 SQFT
Here’s what you can expect to pay for apartments for rent in Dubai Marina.
- The average prices for renting flats in Dubai Marina stand at AED 57k for studio apartments and AED 89k for 1-bedroom apartments.
- The average rent for 2-bedroom flats in Dubai Marina is 136k.
- The average rent rises to AED 207k for 3-bed flats.
Villas for rent in Downtown Dubai vs Dubai Marina
Looking for a unit that blends the spaciousness of a villa and the convenience of apartment living? You can consider podium villas in these high-end neighbourhoods. There is an extensive portfolio of rental villas in Dubai Marina, with available layouts ranging from 2-bedroom to 5-bedroom homes.
Living in Dubai Marina vs Living in Downtown Dubai
Deciding whether to live in Dubai Marina or Downtown Dubai? Learn more about the lifestyle these neighbourhoods offer.
- Life in Dubai Marina means residing in a family-friendly waterfront community with easy access to the beach.
- There are several clinics, supermarkets and nurseries in Dubai Marina, ensuring a convenient and comfortable lifestyle.
- Most apartment towers also have state-of-the-art amenities such as gyms, fitness centres and swimming pools.
- Those who enjoy watersports will love life in Dubai Marina. You can try thrilling outdoor activities, including skydiving, cycling and zip-lining!
- Dubai Marina residents will face no shortage of shopping and entertainment opportunities! The are plenty of well-known retail outlets in Dubai Marina Mall and a cinema. The community is also known for its upscale restaurants and clubs.
How’s life in Downtown Dubai?
- Those living in Downtown Dubai are at the heart of the action, as the area is home to impressive landmarks and upscale hotels.
- Downtown Dubai boasts a pet-friendly park known as Burj Park, which is ideal for those with furry friends.
- Downtown Dubai clearly edges out Dubai Marina regarding leisure attractions and activities.
- One of the area’s biggest highlights, Dubai Mall, has flagship stores, drive-in cinemas, musical fountains, ice rinks and more!
- The nearby Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard is also home to some of the city’s most exclusive restaurants.
- Dubai Opera is perfect for art enthusiasts.
- Similarly, there are many nightclubs in Downtown Dubai for those who love a night out.
Downtown Dubai has a metro station and a few public bus stops for those who rely on Dubai’s public transport network. On the other hand, Dubai Marina is serviced by the public bus, Dubai Tram and the Dubai Metro, making it easy for residents to get around without a car.
What to expect from these areas
While both areas are established communities, there are still many exciting developments to look forward to! Downtown Dubai has several upcoming residential projects, including famous off-plan apartment towers by Emaar, such as Act One | Act Two and St. Regis Residences.
Aside from the fantastic hotels in Downtown Dubai, more luxury hotels are set to open in the coming years, adding to residents’ dining and entertainment opportunities.
Similarly, Dubai Marina is home to some highly anticipated off-plan projects, including the Vida Residences. Moreover, residents can enjoy the nearby Bluewaters Island Dubai attractions, such as upscale resorts, celebrity chef restaurants and Ain Dubai!
Dubai Marina is also a short distance from Dubai Harbour by Meraas -Dubai’s most advanced marina, cruise terminal, and unparalleled waterfront destination.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE THE POPULAR ATTRACTIONS IN DOWNTOWN DUBAI?
Downtown Dubai attractions worth a visit include Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and Dubai Opera. These venues offer many things to do in Downtown Dubai.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI MARINA?
Dubai Marina is known for its scintillating nightlife and plenty of other attractions. You can dine at Pier 7, shop at the Dubai Marina Mall and visit X-Line, where multiple adventures and watersports await!
That concludes our comparison: Downtown Dubai vs Dubai Marina. We hope this guide will help you make an informed choice when buying or renting a property in these areas. Buyers can choose between the top buildings for buying apartments in Downtown Dubai and the popular towers for buying flats in Dubai Marina.
For more insights on Dubai’s top residential communities, stay tuned to MyBayut!