Dubai business visa requirements and application
Do you want to set up a business or an entrepreneurial venture in Dubai? The emirate has become an immensely attractive business destination for entrepreneurs thanks to a tax-free economy, strategic geographic location and foreigner-friendly legal system. The prospect of establishing a startup in Dubai becomes considerably more convenient if you acquire a Dubai Business Visa.
What is a Dubai business visa?
A part of the UAE Golden Visa system, a Dubai Business Visa allows foreign applicants to acquire a long-term visa for their dependents and themselves. The visa comes with a number of obvious benefits. For one, the visa allows expats to stay in the country for a longer period of time, which helps exponentially when carrying out the intricacies of running a business in the city. Additionally, the influx of new ventures also contributes to the country’s economic growth.
What are the eligibility requirements for a Dubai business visa?
Also aptly referred to as a Dubai startup visa, the Dubai Business Visa is available for any eligible entrepreneur who has set up a business in the UAE before and wishes to do so again. However, to fulfil the eligibility requirements to apply for the visa you must:
- Have a business idea or plan that you wish to expand in the UAE.
- Have the intention to relocate to the UAE in order to establish a business.
- Be able to validate that you are an experienced entrepreneur.
- Have already been a part of the leadership team or a major shareholder in a startup.
Applicants must keep in mind that a successful application does not necessarily guarantee that they will receive their visa. The review process also includes a thorough inspection of the application by a review committee. Furthermore, you will also be required to follow the guidelines of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) for the visa to be issued.
How do I apply for a Dubai business visa online?
Your Dubai Business Visa application needs to be approved by a UAE Government-approved incubator for the initial nomination.
After you are successful in the nomination, you will be prompted to apply for the UAE Business Visa by the ICA. Here is a detailed breakdown of the nomination application process:
- Create your user account on the official website of the UAE Golden Visa.
- After verification, log into your account online and apply for the nomination.
- Submit your application in full.
The review process may take around 30 days. Successful nominees receive a link via email where they will be required to upload the necessary documents for the visa. Applicants whose nominations are not approved may reapply after 90 days.
Dubai business visa types
Make sure that you take the Dubai Business Visa validity into consideration before applying for any of these visas:
- Six-month visa: Applicants who reside outside the UAE will be given a temporary business visa that is valid for six months. The multiple-entry visa will give them time to enter the country, explore possibilities for growth and settle in. Those who receive the six-month visa will need to convert it into a residency permit before the expiry date.
- One-month visa: Successful applicants who currently reside in the country will be granted a one-month visa. The temporary visa also need to be converted into a residency permit before it expires.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I receive my Dubai business visa?
After you have uploaded the required documents on the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, you will receive further instructions on how to receive your Dubai Business Visa via email.
Where do I convert my Dubai business visa into a residency permit?
Both the one-month and six-month visas can be converted into residency permits:
- At the Services 1, Emirates Tower, Al Boursa St, Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai.
- Directly via the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
How do I sponsor my dependents with a Dubai Business Visa?
You are allowed to sponsor dependents as a visa holder in Dubai. This is provided that you meet the requirements for family visa Dubai as stated by the ICA.
How long is the application process?
The entire application process should take around 60 days. This includes 30 days for the initial application review and an additional 30 days for applicants to fulfill ICA requirements after they have been successfully nominated.
Does the business visa extend to permanent residency in Dubai?
The Dubai Business Visa is based on permanent residency. This is provided that applicants adhere to the requirements set out by the ICA during the renewal period, which is every five years.
What is the purpose of the business visa?
The UAE Business Visa seeks to encourage more foreign investments, improve the local economy, and allow international entrepreneurs an easy way to establish successful businesses in the country. Additionally, the promise of permanent residency provides security and benefits to an entrepreneur and their family.
Who do I contact to enquire about my application for the visa?
Applicants may contact the following sources for enquiries about their Business Visa applications:
- AREA 2071: email@example.com (for Dubai)
- HUB 71: firstname.lastname@example.org (for Abu Dhabi)
- Phone: +971-2-495-5555
That concludes our guide to the Dubai Business Visa. For more information on establishing foreign businesses in the country, learn how to apply for the Business Gold Visa in the UAE.
Also, check out this post for everything you need to know about Dubai Visas.
For more updates on immigration processes in the UAE, subscribe to MyBayut.